Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
- Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 cash back or $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year. Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring.
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- Redeem points for cash back, gift cards, travel and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Purchase Protection covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
- $95 Annual Fee
- Opportunity to boost the value of reward points
- Offers cellphone protection and trip cancellation insurance
- Does not offer an interest-free financing period
- Charges an annual fee
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Cellphone protection: You and the employees named on the phone bill you pay for with your card are covered for up to $600 in theft or damages per claim. You are limited to three claims per 12-month period, with a $100 deductible per claim.
- Trip cancellation and delay insurance: If your trip is canceled, you can be compensated up to $15,000 for prepaid expenses such as airfare or hotels. If your trip is delayed for 12 hours or more, you can be reimbursed up to $500 for your hotel room, meals, and transportation.
Chase Ink Business Preferred® is an excellent travel rewards card for business owners who don’t want to pay a high annual fee. With this card, you’ll be able to maximize your rewards and access unique additional perks like cellphone insurance. This small business credit card also lets you add employee cards at no additional cost, set individual spending limits, and monitor expenses.
Who Chase Ink Business Preferred® Is Best For
- Owners who have significant travel expenses: Chase Ink Business Preferred® is best for business owners who have significant travel expenses but don’t need travel perks like airport lounge access or free expedited airport security screening. Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Businesses that spend for advertising on social media sites: Chase Ink Business Preferred® also ideal for businesses that regularly purchase advertising through Facebook or Google because it offers generous rewards on online ad purchases.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading small business travel rewards credit cards like the Chase Ink Business Preferred® card, we weigh ongoing rewards, introductory rewards, and additional features heaviest. We also take into account the annual fee, introductory no-interest period, and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs).
Highest Possible Score
Chase Ink Business Preferred® Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 15.99% to 20.99% variable, which will adjust with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $95
- Balance transfer fee: Either 5% of the amount of the transfer or $5, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: 5% of the advance or $15, whichever is greater
Chase Ink Business Preferred® Rewards
- 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in four categories for each account anniversary year. The categories include travel and shipping as well as advertising on search engines, social media sites, and on internet, cable, and phone services.
- Unlimited 1 point per $1 on all other purchases.
Welcome offer: 100,000 bonus points when you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first three months after account opening.
You can redeem your rewards for travel, cash back, or gift cards. When redeeming for cash back or gift cards, your redemption value is 1 cent per point. When redeeming for travel through Chase’s Ultimate Rewards website, travel is worth 1.25 cents per point.
Tip: You can increase your redemption value when you transfer rewards to the Chase Sapphire Reserve personal credit card. Each point is worth 1.5 cents when redeemed for travel. You may be able to boost the redemption value further by transferring your Chase Ultimate Rewards points to one of the issuer’s airline partners. When transferred, point values vary, but your redemption value could exceed 2 cents per point or more when booking flights.
Chase Ink Business Preferred® Additional Features
When you pay your monthly cellphone bill with your Chase Ink Business Preferred® card, Chase will cover you in case of loss or theft. All eligible phone lines listed on your bill are covered for up to $600 in theft or damages per claim. You are limited to three claims or up to $1,800 worth of benefits per 12-month period with a $100 deductible per claim. This is supplemental insurance that will take effect after all other insurance benefits are exhausted.
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
The trip cancellation and interruption insurance covers up to $15,000 for canceled or interrupted trips when you pay for at least a portion of your trip using your Chase Ink Preferred card. The cancellation should be caused by a covered condition such as death, illness, injury, severe weather, change in military orders, terrorist action, quarantine, subpoena from the courts, or financial insolvency of the travel agency or supplier.
Trip Delay Reimbursement
If your trip is delayed for more than 12 hours or an overnight stay by equipment failure, bad weather, labor strikes, or a hijacking, you’re eligible for a reimbursement of expenses when you have paid a portion of the delayed trip using your Chase business credit card. The coverage of up to $500 each is available for the cardholder, the cardholder’s spouse, and dependent children less than 22 years old. Covered expenses include meals, lodging, toiletries, and medication.
Baggage Delay Protection
If your checked baggage is delayed or misdirected by a carrier for more than six hours, you and your immediate family members are eligible for a $100 per day benefit for up to five days. The coverage is limited to purchases of essential items like clothing, toiletries, and charging cables for cellphones. It does not include jewelry, watches, cameras, video recorders, cellular phones, other electronic equipment, contact lenses, eyeglasses, hearing aids, prosthetic devices, money, and other important documents.
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
If your checked or carry-on luggage is lost or damaged while on a flight or traveling with another covered carrier, like a passenger train, you and your immediate family members are eligible for reimbursement of up to $3,000 for each covered person. That coverage includes a $500 maximum benefit for jewelry, watches, cameras, video recorders, and other electronic equipment. Loss of papers, money, or tickets aren’t covered.
Chase may repair, replace, or reimburse for items purchased with your credit card that are damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per item, up to $50,000 per year. Some purchases are not included with this coverage like animals, living plants, computer software, collectible items, real estate, medical equipment, perishables, preowned items, and more.
Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
Chase will provide travel, emergency, medical and legal assistance 24 hours a day to the cardholder, their spouse, and dependent children age 22 years or younger. Like with most small business credit cards, this is mostly a concierge service. The cardholder is responsible for the cost of any assistance.
Chase Ink Business Preferred® Alternatives
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Earning top rewards on travel purchases booked through Bank of America
9 billing cycles
- Earn 30,000 bonus points when you make at least $3,000 in net purchases within 90 days of your account opening which can be redeemed for a $300 statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all purchases everywhere, every time-no matter how much you spend. Points don't expire.
- Earn 3 points per every dollar spent on travel purchases (car, hotel, airline) booked through the Bank of America® Travel Center.
- No annual fee and no international transaction fees.
- 0% Introductory APR on purchases for your first 9 billing cycles.
- Redeem points for travel with no blackout dates, cash back or gift cards.
- Get 75% more points on the base earn of every purchase you make when you’re a Preferred Rewards for Business Platinum Honors tier member. That means you will earn 2.62 points for every $1 you spend and 4.12 points per every $1 you spend at the Bank of America® Travel Center.
- 3x points on travel
- 0% APR on purchases
- No blackout dates on travel
- Low ongoing rewards on non-travel
- Low introductory bonus
- No 0% APR on balance transfers
Bank of American does not disclose details of its additional card features. To find out more about these additional features, review your guide to benefits when you receive your card in the mail.
American Express Business Platinum Card®
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Breeze through security with CLEAR® where available and get up to $179 back per year on your membership when you use your Card.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than a dozen US airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every 4 years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4 1/2 years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Unlimited 2x miles with every swipe
- Introductory reward worth $500 in travel after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2x miles per $1 spent
- Issue employee cards for free
- No foreign transaction fees
- TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry application fee credit
- You’ll pay an annual fee after the first year
- Doesn’t offer interest-free financing
- Airport security screening reimbursement: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every four years.
- Purchase assurance: Most purchases made entirely with your card are covered if damaged or stolen within 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder account per 12 month period.
- Extended warranty coverage: Doubles the original warranty time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum of 12 months on most items you purchase.
- Travel medical emergency assitance: Provide referrals to medical services if you have a medical emergency while traveling. You’re covered if you’re 100 or more miles away from home and from the day you leave until midnight of the 60th day of your trip, or the day you return to your city of residence, whichever is sooner.
The Capital One® Spark® card is best for businesses that often spend for travel expenses and prefer to earn premium travel rewards. This Chase credit card pays top rewards on travel purchases at a lower annual fee. Check out the top credit cards to find other cards that may be a better fit for you.