Editor’s note: This is a recurring post with regularly updated card details.
While there isn’t a credit card designed specifically for real estate agents, there are a handful of traditional business credit cards that can prove beneficial. The best credit card for real estate agents is one that pays rewards on everyday business expenses, such as gas purchases, advertising, or office supplies. You may also find cards that offer cheap introductory financing that can help you pay balances over time with no interest.
The best credit cards for real estate agents are:
- Chase Ink Business Cash®: Best overall for earning top cash back rewards
- Chase Ink Business Preferred®: Best for spending big on advertising
- American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card: Best for earning the highest fixed-rate return and 0% annual percentage rate (APR)
- American Express® Business Gold Card: Best for earning big rewards in your top two spending categories, including gas stations
- Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business: Best for fair credit (580 to 669)
For more details on how we evaluate business credit cards for this list, see our methodology.
Chase Ink Business Cash®: Overall Best Credit Card for Real Estate Agents
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
- Earn $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring.
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- No Annual Fee
- Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Top rewards for office supply spending
- Introductory APR on purchases
- Cash sign-up bonus
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- High balance transfer fee of 5%
- Designed mainly for office-oriented companies
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the United States and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the US manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of 3 years or less.
Why we like it: This small business credit card lands on the top of our list because it offers top cash back rewards on spending categories favorable to agents. This card is best used to maximize your cash back rewards, especially if you have an office-oriented real estate business. Office supplies will earn you 5% cash back on up to $25,000 in spending each year.
This card also relieves you of common card costs if you’re looking to keep more money in your real estate company. You’ll never pay an annual fee, and you’ll have access to interest-free financing on purchases for the first 12 months. This introductory 0% APR offer gives you a shot at paying off larger purchases over time without interest.
While this Chase small business card doesn’t come with the most lucrative welcome offer on our list, you still can earn a few hundred dollars by meeting the issuer’s minimum spending requirement. Use this introductory reward to help you earn some bonus cash in your first few months.
Chase Ink Business Preferred®: Best for Earning Rewards on Advertising Purchases
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
- New Offer! Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee
Note: The information related to the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card has been collected by fitsmallbusiness.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
- Opportunity to boost the value of reward points
- Offers cellphone protection and trip cancellation insurance
- Does not offer an interest-free financing period
- Charges an annual fee
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Cellphone protection: You and the employees named on the phone bill you pay for with your card are covered for up to $600 in theft or damages per claim. You are limited to three claims per 12-month period, with a $100 deductible per claim.
- Trip cancellation and delay insurance: If your trip is canceled, you can be compensated up to $15,000 for prepaid expenses such as airfare or hotels. If your trip is delayed for 12 hours or more, you can be reimbursed up to $500 for your hotel room, meals, and transportation.
Why we like it: Chase Ink Business Preferred® gives agents who have sizable online advertising expenses a chance to earn top rewards. It pays its top rewards rate across four different categories, which includes advertising on search engines and social media sites.
This card is a solid choice if you want to offset travel expenses—points are worth 1.25 cents when redeemed for travel. Additionally, if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve personal credit card, you can transfer your points and increase the redemption value to 1.5 cents per point. You can potentially increase your redemption value even more by transferring your points to one of Chase’s airline travel partners.
You’ll also receive unique protections like cellphone protection and trip cancellation insurance. Apply for this card if you’re looking for a well-rounded real estate agent credit card that primarily benefits those with advertising expenses and travel needs.
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card: Best for Highest Fixed-rate Return & 0% APR
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Earning 2% cash back every time you swipe and 0% introductory APR for 12 months
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you make $3,000 in purchases on your Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year, then 1%. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
- From workflow to inventory to floor plans, your business is constantly changing. That’s why you’ve got the power to spend beyond your credit limit with Expanded Buying Power.
- Just remember, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
- No interest for 12 months
- Earn consistent 2% cash back rewards on every purchase
- Offers no cash sign-up bonus
- 2% cash back category is capped at $50,000 in annual spending
- Extended warranty protection: American Express provides up to an additional year of coverage on warranties of up to 5 years. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Purchase protection: The issuer will repair, replace, or reimburse you for an item purchased with the card that was damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Baggage insurance: If your luggage is damaged or lost when you travel on a common carrier, such as a plane, trip, ship, or bus, American Express will reimburse you for losses not covered by your own personal insurance.
Why we like it: This American Express business card pays the highest fixed-rate return on our list. Fixed-rate rewards are ones that pay the same rate no matter what you purchase. So, with this card, you’ll pocket 2% cash back on all spending up to $50,000, then 1%. For real estate agents with expenses that span across a variety of categories, this type of rewards program can help maximize your rewards.
What the American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card offers that others don’t is a long introductory 0% APR offer on purchases. You can capitalize on this offer if you need extra time to pay down balances or want to pay down other high-interest cards. The introductory financing offer here tops any other card on this list.
American Express® Business Gold Card: Best for Earning Rewards in Top Two Spending Categories
American Express® Business Gold Card
Maximizing rewards in the two categories where you spend the most
- Welcome Offer: Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.*
- MORE REWARDS: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month. 1X is earned for other purchases. **
- **4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*
- AIRLINE BONUS: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option with interest to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.*
- *Terms Apply
- Earn 4x points in two categories every month
- Pay eligible charges over time with interest, or pay your balance in full monthly
- You’ll pay a high annual fee of $295
- No interest-free financing opportunities
- Premium roadside assistance: Free of charge up to four times a year. You can receive towing up to 10 miles, winching, jump starts, flat tire change, lockout service when the key is in the vehicle, and delivery of up to two gallons of gas
- Return protection: American Express will refund you for eligible purchases when the store doesn’t accept returns of undamaged items. Coverage is limited to 90 days from purchase, up to $300 per item, and up to a maximum of $1,000 per year.
- Baggage insurance: If your baggage is lost, damaged, or stolen, you’re eligible for coverage of up to $1,250 for carry-on luggage and $500 for checked bags
- Extended warranty: Receive one additional year of coverage on purchases with eligible warranties of five years or less
- Purchase protection: Covers new purchases against damage or theft within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per incident.
Why we like it: The American Express® Business Gold Card offers a unique rewards program compared to other real estate agent credit cards on our list. You’ll earn 4x points in the two categories where you spend the most each month, including gas and advertising purchases. You won’t have to worry about setting those categories each month either; the issuer will credit your rewards automatically in your top two categories.
This business card is unique because unlike typical credit cards, the card allows you to carry a balance for certain charges, but not all. If you need to carry a balance, American Express offers a payment flexibility program to its cardholders. You’ll be able to finance purchases of at least $100 over time with interest. However, it’s typically a good idea to only choose this card if you know you can afford to pay off your balance every month.
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business: Best for Fair Credit
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
Fair credit business owners (580 to 669)
- 1% cash back every time you swipe
- Build your business credit through responsible usage
- Issue employee cards for free
- Opportunity to build business credit
- Earn fixed-rate rewards even with fair credit scores
- Rewards never expire
- High APR
- No sign-up bonus
- Reports to personal credit bureaus
- Purchase protection: Capital One will replace, repair, or reimburse you for eligible items in the event of theft or damage within the first 90 days of purchase.
- Extended warranty protection: You’ll get additional warranty protection on eligible items that are purchased with your business card, up to 1 year past the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: You’re covered for damage due to collision or theft when you rent an eligible car with your Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business card.
Why we like it: If your personal credit score is below 670, Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business gives you a chance to earn rewards for your real estate business. This card is specifically designed to help real estate professionals build their business and personal credit. Once your score is above 670, you can apply for a traditional business credit card.
You’ll earn unlimited 1% cash back on all spending. However, this card offers no introductory reward. This reward structure is common for fair credit business credit cards. You should consider earning rewards as an added benefit. The main reason to use this card is to build or rebuild your credit.
How We Evaluated Real Estate Agent Credit Cards
A real estate agent credit card comes with a variety of sign-up bonuses, introductory and ongoing rewards, APRs, and protections like extended warranty protection. We prioritized these factors when researching the best options for your real estate business. The best card for you is one that pays rewards in your typical monthly spending categories.
Real estate agent credit cards are a handy way to earn rewards and save money on your everyday business expenses. The best credit card for real estate agents is one that pays rewards in your primary spending categories, such as office supplies, online advertising, and fuel.
For rates and fees on the American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card, please click here.
For rates and fees on the American Express® Business Gold Card, please click here.