Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Unlimited 2x miles with every swipe
- Introductory reward worth $500 in travel after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2x miles per $1 spent
- Issue employee cards for free
- No foreign transaction fees
- TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry application fee credit
- You’ll pay an annual fee after the first year
- Doesn’t offer interest-free financing
- Airport security screening reimbursement: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every four years.
- Purchase assurance: Most purchases made entirely with your card are covered if damaged or stolen within 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder account per 12 month period.
- Extended warranty coverage: Doubles the original warranty time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum of 12 months on most items you purchase.
- Travel medical emergency assitance: Provide referrals to medical services if you have a medical emergency while traveling. You’re covered if you’re 100 or more miles away from home and from the day you leave until midnight of the 60th day of your trip, or the day you return to your city of residence, whichever is sooner.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is an excellent travel credit card that offers unlimited 2x miles on every business-related purchase with a low annual fee. There are no blackouts, seat restrictions, and required minimum miles to redeem. This small business credit card also allows you to transfer miles to any of its travel partners.
Who Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business Is Best For
- Owners who want a fixed-rate rewards card: With Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business, you will earn unlimited 2x miles on all spending at a low annual fee. This makes it an excellent choice for business owners who don’t want to keep track of bonus category spending.
- Owners who travel for business: Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business offers 5x miles on hotel and rental car bookings through Capital One Travel℠ using this Capital One rewards card account.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading fixed-rate travel rewards business credit cards like Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business, we weigh ongoing rewards heaviest. We rate introductory rewards as slightly less important, but it’s still the second biggest factor. We also consider the annual fee, introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and additional features.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 20.99% variable, which changes with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $95, which is waived the first year
- Balance transfer fee: None
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: $10 or 3%, whichever is greater; cash advance APR is 24.49% variable
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business Rewards
- Unlimited 2x miles on every purchase, with no blackouts or seat restrictions and no minimum to redeem
- 5x miles per dollar for hotel and car rental bookings made through Capital One Travel; purchases made outside of Capital One Travel, such as hotel incidentals, upgrades or other expenses, will not earn 5 miles per dollar but will receive the standard purchase earn rate
Welcome offer: 50,000 one-time bonus miles―equal to $500 in travel―when you spend $4,500 on purchases within the first three months from account opening
You can redeem your rewards for new travel reservations and past travel purchases, which should be made within 90 days from the date of your purchase. You can also redeem your rewards as cash back in the form of statement credit, check by mail, or as gift cards at restaurants, retailers, or hotels. Automatic redemption is also available at a set time each calendar year or when a threshold has been reached.
Tip: Your rewards may be worth more in free travel when you transfer to one of Capital One’s partners. You can transfer your miles to select loyalty programs, including Air Canada, JetBlue, AeroMexico, Emirates Skywards, Qantas, and Qatar Airways.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business Features
Your purchased items will be protected against theft or damage within the first 90 days of your purchase. To be eligible, you must charge the entire transaction to your Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business card. This coverage is limited to $10,000 per incident and $50,000 per year. Some purchases are not included with this coverage like animals, living plants, computer software, collectible items, jewelry, medical equipment, perishables, preowned items, and more.
Extended Warranty Protection
Capital one will double the length of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to one year for warranties of three years or less to a maximum of $10,000 per item and $50,000 per year. Items not covered with this protection include computer software, medical equipment, real estate, preowned items, motorized vehicles, leased items, and items purchased for resale.
Travel Accident Insurance
The travel accident insurance is available through Visa® Signature Business Benefits and offers up to $250,000 for you, your spouse, and unmarried dependent children. It covers accidental loss of life, limb, sight, speech or hearing while riding as a passenger in, or entering or exiting any licensed common carrier. It does not cover loss resulting from emotional trauma, mental or physical illness, suicide, intentionally self-inflicted injuries, war, and travel between the insured person’s residence and regular place of employment.
Lost Baggage Reimbursement
The lost luggage reimbursement is part of Visa® Signature Business Benefits, which protects your checked luggage or carry-on baggage against theft or misdirection by the common carrier. Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business lost luggage reimbursement covers the value of your checked or carry-on baggage up to $3,000 per trip. New York residents will only have coverage up to $2,000.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business protects you from rental vehicle damage due to collision or theft. This is primary coverage as long as the car rental is for business purposes, which means you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept insurance offered by the rental agency. Capital One may reimburse you up to the cash value of the car. Rentals of 31 consecutive days or less are eligible.
Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business account holders will have access to a hotline 24 hours a day that offers travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance. Any immediate family members or business associates can also benefit from this perk. The number is free to call, but you are responsible for any fees assessed by third-party service providers.
Price Protection Plan
Capital One’s price protection plan can help you save money on products you’ve purchased using your Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business card. If you see a previously purchased item listed at a lower price in another merchant’s printed advertisement within 60 days, you can receive a refund of the difference from Capital One. The refund amount is limited to $500 per item and $2,500 per account.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business Alternatives
American Express Business Platinum Card®
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Breeze through security with CLEAR® where available and get up to $179 back per year on your membership when you use your Card.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than a dozen US airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every 4 years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4 1/2 years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Credit Card
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
- New Offer! Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee
Note: The information related to the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card has been collected by fitsmallbusiness.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
- Opportunity to boost the value of reward points
- Offers cellphone protection and trip cancellation insurance
- Does not offer an interest-free financing period
- Charges an annual fee
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Cellphone protection: You and the employees named on the phone bill you pay for with your card are covered for up to $600 in theft or damages per claim. You are limited to three claims per 12-month period, with a $100 deductible per claim.
- Trip cancellation and delay insurance: If your trip is canceled, you can be compensated up to $15,000 for prepaid expenses such as airfare or hotels. If your trip is delayed for 12 hours or more, you can be reimbursed up to $500 for your hotel room, meals, and transportation.
American Express® Business Gold Card
American Express® Business Gold Card
Maximizing rewards in the two categories where you spend the most
- Welcome Offer: Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.*
- MORE REWARDS: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month. 1X is earned for other purchases. **
- **4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*
- AIRLINE BONUS: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option with interest to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.*
- *Terms Apply
- Earn 4x points in two categories every month
- Pay eligible charges over time with interest, or pay your balance in full monthly
- You’ll pay a high annual fee of $295
- No interest-free financing opportunities
- Premium roadside assistance: Free of charge up to four times a year. You can receive towing up to 10 miles, winching, jump starts, flat tire change, lockout service when the key is in the vehicle, and delivery of up to two gallons of gas
- Return protection: American Express will refund you for eligible purchases when the store doesn’t accept returns of undamaged items. Coverage is limited to 90 days from purchase, up to $300 per item, and up to a maximum of $1,000 per year.
- Baggage insurance: If your baggage is lost, damaged, or stolen, you’re eligible for coverage of up to $1,250 for carry-on luggage and $500 for checked bags
- Extended warranty: Receive one additional year of coverage on purchases with eligible warranties of five years or less
- Purchase protection: Covers new purchases against damage or theft within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per incident.
The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is best for business owners who prefer to earn fixed-rate miles-based rewards for all business-related purchases at a low annual fee. Check out our list of the top credit cards to find other cards that may be a better fit for you.