Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
Delta Air Lines flyers and earning rewards outside of Delta purchases
- Welcome Offer: Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in the first 3 months.
- Additionally, take $100 off your next Delta flight – after you spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you will earn a $100 Delta Flight Credit to use toward future travel.
- Earn 2 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. shipping purchases, on every eligible dollar spent on dining at restaurants. Earn 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Check or stow your bag with ease: First Checked Bag Free + Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel overseas.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms and limitations apply
- Earn a $100 Delta flight credit
- Your first checked bag is free
- Never pay foreign transaction fees
- $99 annual fee after the first year
- Doesn’t offer free Delta Sky Club access
- No introductory financing offer
- Free checked bag: Check one bag for free for you and up to eight companions
- Savings on inflight purchases: Receive a 20% discount on inflight purchases you make with your American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card
- Baggage insurance: If your luggage is lost, damaged, or stolen, you’re eligible for coverage of up to $1,250 for carry-on baggage and $500 for checked bags
- Car rental insurance: Coverage is primary, which means it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer when renting for business purposes; it provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the US and abroad
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card is an excellent travel rewards credit card designed for business owners who frequently fly with Delta Air Lines and want to access in-flight savings and a free checked bag. This low-annual fee small business credit card offers rewards on other categories, including advertising, shipping, and dining.
Who Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card Is Best For
- Delta Air Lines loyalists: Business owners who primarily fly with Delta Air Lines can use this card to capitalize on Delta-related rewards and enjoy travel perks like a free checked bag, in-flight savings, and priority boarding.
- Owners who spend on advertising, shipping, and dining expenses: Aside from Delta-related purchases, Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card also offers unlimited rewards when you use your credit card to pay for advertising in select media, United States shipping purchases, and dining at restaurants.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading a travel rewards business credit card like the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card, we weigh ongoing rewards, introductory rewards, and additional card benefits heaviest. We also consider the card’s annual fee and introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs).
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable, which changes with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $99; waived for the first year
- Balance transfer fee: Transfers are not allowed
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: $5 or 3%, whichever is higher; cash advance APR is 25.24% variable
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card Rewards
- 2x miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta
- 2x miles per dollar spent on US purchases for advertising in select media
- 2x miles on eligible US shipping purchases and dining at restaurants
- 1x mile on all other eligible purchases
- $100 Delta flight voucher to use toward future travel when you spend $10,000 in purchases within a calendar year
- 20% savings in the form of a statement credit on select in-flight purchases when you use your card on your next Delta flight
Welcome offer: Earn up to 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $2,000 in purchases on your within the first three months of account opening
You can redeem your miles through the Delta rewards portal and use them towards flights, seat upgrades, car rentals, merchandise, and gift cards. Redemption should be in increments of 5,000 miles with a minimum of 5,000 miles per redemption. The redemption value of your Delta miles vary, depending on what you are purchasing.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card Features
Delta Sky Club
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers cardholders a reduced fee of $29 per person when accessing Delta Sky Clubs, which is available to cardholders and up to two guests. This reduced rate is only available when you can present a same-day boarding pass from your Delta Air Lines flight.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers free access to a roadside assistance hotline that can help in the case of an emergency. The roadside assistance hotline can provide services such as towing, winching, jump-starts, flat tire change, fuel delivery, and lockout services. Cardholders are responsible for any additional goods or services provided. Taxis, rental vehicles, tractors, and trucks are not covered by roadside assistance.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers coverage up to $1,000 per damaged or stolen item purchased using the card, up to a maximum of $50,000 per calendar year. Only incidents within 120 days from the date of purchase, or 90 days for New York residents, are eligible for this protection. Certain items are excluded like animals, living plants, consumables, motorized vehicles, traveler’s checks, rental items, and items purchased for resale.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers return protection on purchased items that can’t be returned to the original store within 90 days of the purchase date. American Express will refund eligible items up to $300 per item and up to $1,000 per calendar year. This coverage excludes shipping and handling charges, jewelry, consumables, healthcare items, computer software, motorized vehicles, and seasonal items.
Extended Warranty Protection
Extended warranties are available for purchases with original manufacturer’s warranties of five years or less. American Express will match warranties of less than two years and provide an additional two years for warranties that are between two and five years long. Items that are not included in this coverage are consumables, motorized vehicles, real estate, fixtures, animals, living plants, and items purchased as inventory.
Travel Accident Insurance
American Express offers travel accident insurance up to $100,000 when you pay for an entire trip fare with your card. This coverage includes if you die or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing. Losses resulting from war or acts of war, self-inflicted injuries, certain ailments, and injuries caused by commuting are excluded from this coverage.
Baggage Insurance Plan
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers baggage insurance between $250 and $1,250 for any lost luggage while in transit, carry-on baggage, checked baggage, or high-risk items. Cardholders are only eligible for this coverage if the entire trip fare was paid for using your American Express business credit card.
Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers car rental and damage insurance up to $50,000 per car rental agreement for rentals within the first 30 consecutive days. Intentional damage, damage that occurred outside the car rental period, manufacturing defects, normal wear and tear, and damage to any property other than the rental car is not covered.
Global Assist Hotline
Cardholders will have access to 24-hour dispatch for when traveling more than 100 miles from home. This free global assistance hotline helps connect cardholders to travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance. Cardholders are responsible for the cost of the services.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card Alternatives
Capital One® Spark® Miles
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Unlimited 2x miles with every swipe
- Introductory reward worth $500 in travel after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2x miles per $1 spent
- 5x miles on hotel and rental car bookings through the issuer
- Issue employee cards for free
- No foreign transaction fees
- TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry application fee credit
- You’ll pay an annual fee after the first year
- Doesn’t offer interest-free financing
- Airport security screening reimbursement: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every four years.
- Purchase assurance: Most purchases made entirely with your card are covered if damaged or stolen within 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder account per 12 month period.
- Extended warranty coverage: Doubles the original warranty time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum of 12 months on most items you purchase.
- Travel medical emergency assitance: Provide referrals to medical services if you have a medical emergency while traveling. You’re covered if you’re 100 or more miles away from home and from the day you leave until midnight of the 60th day of your trip, or the day you return to your city of residence, whichever is sooner.
Chase Ink Business Preferred®
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
- New Offer! Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee
Note: The information related to the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card has been collected by fitsmallbusiness.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
- Opportunity to boost the value of reward points
- Offers cellphone protection and trip cancellation insurance
- Does not offer an interest-free financing period
- Charges an annual fee
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Cellphone protection: You and the employees named on the phone bill you pay for with your card are covered for up to $600 in theft or damages per claim. You are limited to three claims per 12-month period, with a $100 deductible per claim.
- Trip cancellation and delay insurance: If your trip is canceled, you can be compensated up to $15,000 for prepaid expenses such as airfare or hotels. If your trip is delayed for 12 hours or more, you can be reimbursed up to $500 for your hotel room, meals, and transportation.
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card
Frequent Delta flyers who want to access premium business Delta features
- Welcome Offer: Earn 45,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in the first 3 months. Plus, earn a $100 Statement Credit after your first Delta purchase on your new Card in the first 3 months.
- Earn 3 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta and on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with hotels.
- Status-like benefits: First Check Bag Free on Delta flights + Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding
- Earn 1.5 miles per dollar on single eligible purchases of $5,000 or more (that’s an extra half point per dollar), up to 50,000 additional miles per year. 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
- Get closer to status with Status Boost™. Spend $25,000 in purchases on the Card in a calendar year and earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs); spend a total of $50,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in a calendar year and earn an additional 10,000 MQMs. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different from the miles you earn toward flights.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- Check your first bag for free on Delta flights
- Receive priority boarding
- Eligible for a Delta companion certificate
- $250 annual fee
- No free access to Delta Sky Club
- No interest-free financing period on purchases or balance transfers
- Delta benefits: Receive your first checked bag for free and access priority boarding.
- Travel accident insurance: Provides card owners with travel accident insurance up to $100,000.
- Purchase protection: Provides coverage for purchases that are damaged or stolen up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 for an item and up to $50,000 for all claims for one year.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card is best for business owners who travel on Delta Air Lines and spend in categories like advertising, dining, and shipping. This card offers several benefits and travel perks at a low annual fee. Compare the top cards to find other business credit cards that may be better for your business.