This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
Hawaii’s top online real estate schools educate both aspiring and experienced agents—helping them meet all the educational requirements required to be successful agents. To make the most out of your time and money, enroll in an online real estate course in Hawaii (HI) that provides flexible class schedules, various learning formats, and instructor and customer support. We evaluated several Hawaii online real estate schools based on course offerings, learning formats, affordability, features, and customer reviews.
Here are the five top schools in Hawaii that provide the most holistic online real estate courses:
- Seiler School of Real Estate: Best overall with the most affordable prelicensing and broker licensing courses
- Colibri Real Estate: Great option for prelicensure students looking for direct instructor assistance
- Abe Lee Seminars: Ideal for agents seeking straightforward, convenient, and locally focused Hawaii real estate online courses
- The CE Shop: Recommended for licensed agents and brokers looking for customizable continuing education (CE) courses
- Hawaii Real Estate Academy: Best for aspiring agents who want to join free online prelicensing classes
Best Online Schools in Hawaii at a Glance
Education Provided & Starting Price
Broker licensing: $645
Phone and email
4.02 out of 5
Phone and email
3.99 out of 5
Broker licensing: $699
Exam prep: $75
Phone and email
3.72 out of 5
Exam prep: $125
Phone, email, and live chat
3.71 out of 5
Prelicensing: Free; students only pay $49 for the class materials or books
Regular class fee: $849
3.14 out of 5
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Hawaii real estate license education: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our step-by-step guide to becoming a real estate agent in Hawaii to help you get started.
Seiler School of Real Estate: Best Overall & Most Affordable Online Real Estate School in Hawaii
Seiler School of Real Estate is our top choice for the best online real estate schools in Hawaii, providing the most affordable prelicensing and broker licensing courses. Tailor the courses to your needs by purchasing self-paced or on-demand video learning formats—advantageous for agents who require schedule flexibility.
In addition, Seiler School of Real Estate provides practice tests to help students prepare for the course final and actual real state licensure exams. It provides instructor-prepared video recaps to reinforce critical points in the text. Furthermore, classes are taught by skilled and professional local experts to give new and experienced agents insight into the local market.
Materials, such as study assignments, YouTube flashcard videos, PDF study materials, module outlines and slideshows, and sample examinations, are included in Seiler School of Real Estate courses. These tools allow instructors to express concepts that make learning for students easier. Hot links are also provided for independent study students. These hot links are comprised of Hawaii and realtor links that offer information regarding HI housing trends and legal processes in licensing.
Seiler School of Real Estate Reviews
Students liked Seiler School of Real Estate for its budget-friendly courses, independent study learning format, instructor support, and well-organized study resources—making learning simple and convenient. Moreover, many students like how easy it is to follow the materials and use the site.
However, students wished for longer course access, especially those who simultaneously signed up for multiple courses. The school also doesn’t offer CE and exam prep real estate courses in Hawaii. If you need to complete your pre- and post-licensing education requirements, check out the Abe Lee Seminars.
Seiler School of Real Estate Pricing
Seiler School of Real Estate offers course packages at affordable prices. The courses are self-paced and include on-demand video lectures and tutorials from prominent real estate experts.
- Salesperson Course: $345 includes eight modules, a physical textbook, access to online tests and course finals, and various links and resources
Broker Licensing: $645
- Broker Course: $645 includes fundamental principles of how to manage a brokerage office, two textbooks, access to online tests and course finals, and various links and resources
Colibri Real Estate: Best for Prelicensing Courses With Direct Instructor Assistance
Colibri Real Estate offers online self-paced prelicensing courses in Hawaii that include instructor Q&A webinars and direct, state-approved instructor support through email and phone. Its on-demand video learning format allows for real-time education from professional HI educators, suitable for students who want more scheduling flexibility. Furthermore, its top-tier prelicensing packages include two real estate e-books, a real estate dictionary, a printed course textbook, and a one-year Professional Development Membership.
Colibri Real Estate also offers livestream CE courses for experienced agents through its partner, McKissock Learning. Agents can select any customized 12-hour CE package or individual courses to suit their educational needs and interests.
Colibri Real Estate Reviews
Students were impressed by Colibri Real Estate for its schedule flexibility and premium packages, including extra features such as instructor Q&A webinars, a real estate dictionary, real estate e-books, and interactive features. These elements allowed them to tailor the courses to their own needs and interests.
However, due to the mainly text-based content, several students were dissatisfied with the school’s self-paced courses. Colibri Real Estate does not provide broker licensure courses, so if you need those courses, check out Seiler School of Real Estate.
Read our Colibri Real Estate review for more information on this real estate education provider.
Colibri Real Estate Pricing
Colibri Real Estate is different from other online real estate courses in Hawaii because it provides extras that may add to full-course packages to boost your learning opportunity.
Prelicensing: Starting at $384
- The Basics: $384 includes 60-hour Hawaii prelicense course, state-approved instructor support, and two real estate e-books
- Exam Preparation: $459 includes everything in the Basics package plus exam prep and “Pass or Don’t Pay” guarantee
- Exam Preparation Plus: $587 includes everything in the Exam Preparation package plus a real estate dictionary, instructor Q&A, and live exam crammer series
- Ultimate Learning: $694 includes everything in the Exam Preparation Plus package plus printed course textbooks and one-year professional development membership
Continued Education: Starting at $149.95*
- 2021-2022 Elective Package with NAR Ethics: $149.95 includes Ethics in the Age of Disruption (three hours), Real Estate Safety: Protect Yourself and Your Clients (three hours), Millennials Are Changing Real Estate: Are You Ready? (four hours), and Performing Quality BPOs (four hours)
- 2021-2022 Renewal Package with NAR Ethics: $199.95 includes 2021-2022 Core A Fair Play in Fair Housing: It’s Not a Game, It’s the Law! (three hours), free 2021-2022 Core B (Tentative Summer 2022 Offering, Subject to Commission Certification), Ethics in the Age of Disruption (three hours), Real Estate Safety: Protect Yourself and Your Clients (three hours), and Millennials Are Changing Real Estate: Are You Ready? (four hours)
- HI McKissock CE PLUS Membership: $260 includes all CE courses in your state, pro-series webinar on-demand library, how-to videos, 100-plus job aids (worksheets, scripts, and checklists), product and service discounts, and knowledgeable education specialists
*Offered through its partner, McKissock Learning
Abe Lee Seminars: Best for Locally Focused Courses
Abe Lee Seminars offers locally focused online real estate courses in Hawaii, making it an excellent choice for students looking for insight into the local market and opportunities to succeed in real estate. It is also known for providing convenience and a user-friendly interface, which is ideal if you don’t want a lot of extras or alternatives. Lessons are delivered in the style of an online seminar. However, it also provides other options: a livestream class environment, self-paced, and on-demand video lessons.
The school provides a “Pass or Don’t Pay” guarantee, live webinars, instructor assistance, and class audio archive access. These tools give students the confidence to pass their licensure exam on their first try.
Abe Lee Seminars Reviews
Many students commended Abe Lee Seminars for its knowledgeable instructors, very informative and comprehensive learning materials, and easy-to-navigate platform, which truly helped them pass their exams. However, there are some students who expressed their disappointment with Abe Lee Seminars’ customer service. One student complained that the staff over the phone was unprofessional. For agents looking for schools with great customer service, consider The CE Shop.
Abe Lee Seminars Pricing
Abe Lee Seminars’ pricing includes affordable course packages and individual courses. A standalone exam prep course is also available for prelicensure students needing additional test prep tools.
- Independent Prelicensing Course: $475 for course and textbook, supplemented by class audio and videos
Broker Licensing: Starting at $699*
- 80-hour HI Real Estate Brokerage: $699 includes 80-hour HI prelicensing: Real Estate Brokerage, videos, business advice, instructor support, math handbook, and money-back guarantee
- 80-hour HI Broker Prelicensing Premium Package: $839 includes 80-hour HI prelicensing: Real Estate Brokerage, 20-hour Hawaii CE Package, videos, business advice, instructor support, math handbook, and money-back guarantee
Continued Education: Starting at $30
- Core course: $30 per class
- Standard Elective courses: $45 per class
- Ninja Selling Elective courses: $90 per class
Exam Prep: $75*
*Offered through its partner, The CE Shop
The CE Shop: Best for Customizable CE Courses
The CE Shop differs from other schools on our list by offering customizable CE courses for experienced agents and brokers wishing to renew their licenses. The school provides all 20 salesperson and broker required hours of CE courses in a self-paced or on-demand video format. Individual CE courses can also be purchased based on students’ preferences, schedule, and credit hours, and it is available for up to one year to suit all agents’ learning styles and hectic schedules.
The school offers HI Salesperson Exam Prep Edge, covering the national and state sections of the Hawaii Salesperson real estate license exam. In addition, prelicensure students who want further test preparation can utilize the interactive virtual test platform, replicating the actual exam experience. Students are also provided with practice tests, personalized examinations, and access to real-time dashboards to help them grasp topics.
Another distinguishing feature of The CE Shop is its proprietary LEAP learning management system, which allows for more straightforward navigation. Students have access to free educational blogs, agent encyclopedias, e-books, podcasts, and videos covering real estate news, trends, and professional insights.
The CE Shop Reviews
The CE Shop has acquired a good customer review rating score because of its user-friendly platform, self-paced online learning format, and excellent quality content. Additionally, several students remarked that The CE Shop’s comprehensive prelicensing and exam prep courses helped them pass their exams on the first attempt and enhanced their learning experience.
However, several agents were unhappy with The CE Shop’s rich, text-based content and the school’s customer service. Students who want live online discussions, particularly while studying for the real estate exam, may not be a good match with The CE Shop. You might look at Colibri Real Estate or Abe Lee Seminars livestreaming classes.
Visit our The CE Shop review to determine if this school matches your specific needs and requirements.
The CE Shop Pricing
The CE Shop offers affordable CE packages as well as individual courses. A solo exam prep course is also provided for prelicensure students who want extra exam prep aids.
Prelicensing: Starting at $399
All prelicensing packages include these features: business e-books written by the experts, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, and study schedule.
- Courses Only: $399 includes 60 hours of HI prelicensing
- Standard Package: $459 includes everything in the Courses Only package plus Exam Prep Edge (national and Hawaii)
- Value Package: $499 includes everything in Standard package plus building business courses
- Premium Package: $629 includes everything in the Value package plus 20-hour Hawaii CE package
Continued Education: Starting at $149
- 14-hour HI CE Electives Package (with Ethics course): $149 includes 14 elective CE hours required for broker and sales license renewals
- 20-hour HI CE Reinstatement Package (with Ethics course): $209 includes 20 elective hours required for a Broker or Sales license reinstatement
- 20-hour HI CE Pre-Sell Package: $179 includes all 20 required CE hours, including 15 elective hours, three Core A hours online, and three Core B hours
Exam Prep: $125
- HI Salesperson Exam Prep Edge: National and State Portions: $125 includes initial assessment, unlimited practice exams, and interactive dashboards
Hawaii Real Estate Academy: Best for Free, Self-paced Prelicensing Courses
The Hawaii Real Estate Academy is the only school on our list that extends free prelicensing classes to aspiring agents in Hawaii. You only have to pay for the class materials and books. It offers a livestream learning style solely through Zoom, allowing students to attend classes from anywhere and fulfill the HREC’s educational prelicensing criteria to become a real estate salesperson. However, students can only select classes from a predetermined timetable supplied by the institution.
The school also provides virtual career nights for students who wish to ask about or discuss having a new career in real estate. Experienced real estate agents will attend this to answer questions raised by students.
Hawaii Real Estate Academy Reviews
As of this writing, there are no online customer reviews available for the school’s courses or offerings. However, we have noted that its website is straightforward and simple to follow and navigate. Hawaii Real Estate Academy only offers prelicensing courses. Thus, if you seek a school that provides various course options, consider Abe Lee Seminars.
Hawaii Real Estate Academy Pricing
Hawaii Real Estate Academy offers prelicensing courses only. Students can take free prelicensing classes or regular prelicensing classes, which can help them pass their licensure exam.
Prelicensing: Starting at $49
- Free prelicensing classes: $49 for the cost of class materials or books
- Regular class fee: $849
How We Evaluated the Top Real Estate Schools in Hawaii
Becoming a real estate agent or upgrading to a broker license in Hawaii involves 60 hours for prelicensing and additional hours of CE and beyond. Hence, it’s critical to locate schools that provide the top real estate courses in Hawaii with the flexibility to match your schedule and learning requirements.
To select Hawaii’s best online real estate schools, we looked at learning formats, features, pricing, course options, customer support, and reviews. These schools stand out due to their affordability and various course formats that cater to the learning needs of various types of online learners.
We discovered Seiler School of Real Estate to be the top overall online real estate school in Hawaii, with an overall rating of 4.02 out of 5. It earned the top spot because of its low-cost courses, flexible online learning, course resources, and instructor assistance.
Other factors we examined to evaluate accredited online real estate schools in Hawaii for real estate agents include:
30% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
25% of Overall Score
Consist of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
15% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
10% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.