To start your real estate career in Missouri, you’re required to complete 72 hours of initial licensing education. You’ll also need continuing education to maintain your license and more coursework when you want to upgrade to a broker’s license. Online real estate schools provide a convenient way to fulfill curricula requirements, with the best also offering affordable pricing, multiple course formats, and career assistance. We’ve examined dozens of schools to determine the top six online real estate schools in the Show-Me State:
Real Estate Express
The CE Shop
Perry Real Estate College
Career Education Systems
(Best overall) High-quality real estate education for any stage of your real estate career
Bundled package options for first-time agents who want to tackle their initial licensing courses
Customizable and most affordable continuing education for agents who need license renewal
Most affordable prelicensing education for aspiring agents
Future agents looking for initial licensing education with additional instructor support and math assistance
Experienced agents looking to upgrade to a broker’s license to advance their career
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Missouri real estate license education: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Missouri to help you get started.
How We Evaluated the Top Real Estate Schools in Missouri
Becoming a real estate agent in Missouri has been made simple with high-quality online education. To determine the best schools, we looked for providers that offered students things like flexible course format options for content delivery, access to expert faculties, and reasonable pricing that won’t break the bank.
Real Estate Express stands out from the competition as our top overall pick of accredited online real estate schools in Missouri, attributed to its self-paced and livestream course options, low cost, and bundled packages. Not only do they provide great instructional tools, but they also can be a resource for every stage of real estate education throughout your career.
Other criteria we took into consideration is as follows:
30% of Overall Score
Our pricing criteria was based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
25% of Overall Score
Feature scores were determined by examining the various formatting and learning styles offered by each course and how they could be tailored to meet the specific needs of the agent, as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
We took customer feedback for each program into consideration, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
15% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
10% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service support for technical support and instructor assistance.
Real Estate Express: Best Overall Real Estate Course Provider
Whether you are an aspiring agent or looking to upgrade to a broker license, Real Estate Express is the best overall for online real estate education. All of its courses can be purchased as packages or individually customized to fit your interests. Its prelicensing education is accessible via self-paced or livestream environments to customize your learning experience. Also, they are one of the few schools that offer online broker’s prelicensing education.
Most customers found the platform easy to navigate and thought that the value was up to par for the money they spent. However, others stated there was not enough real-life application and too much text to read. If you’re looking for more how-to tips, check out Perry Real Estate College for its Career Corner blog.
Real Estate Express offers a significant amount of customization for your education. Although the pricing may appear complicated, it differs from the other schools as it gives you not only a choice of packages, but also a choice of individualized courses to choose from.
Prelicensing: Starting at $249
All packages include 72 prelicensing hours, three e-books, and instructor support.
- The Basics package: $249
- Exam Preparation package: $349 includes above plus “Pass or Don’t Pay Guarantee” and exam prep
- Exam Preparation Plus package: $429 includes above plus post-license courses, dictionary, and instructor Q&A
- Ultimate Learning package: $499 includes above plus printed textbook, 90-day boot camp, and one-year professional development membership
- Livestream Package (various schedules): $499 includes the same features of the Exam Preparation package
Post-licensing: Starting at $249
- Broker Basics Package: $249 includes 48-hour course, Principles of Real Estate Practice and Math e-book, instructor support, and discussion board
Continued Education: Starting at $85.95*
- CE PLUS membership: $122 includes 24/7 access, all CE courses for Missouri, OnDemand library, over 100 job aids, coaching tool, 90-day boot camp, and an education specialist
- 2020-2022 Salesperson Renewal Package with Ethics: $85.95 includes National Association of Realtors (NAR): May the Code Be With You (three hours), Commercial Real Estate 101 (three hours), Real Estate Safety: Protect Yourself and Your Clients (three hours), and Short Sales and Foreclosures (three hours)
- 2020-2022 Broker Renewal Package with Ethics: $85.95 includes NAR: May the Code Be With You (three hours), Agency Law – A Broker’s Perspective (three hours), Commercial Real Estate 101 (three hours), and Real Estate Safety: Protect Yourself and Your Clients (three hours)
- Classes can be purchased individually from $29.95 to $99
*Offered through its partner company, McKissock Learning
Exam Prep for $99
Pro tip: Start your real estate education today with a special offer for our readers from Real Estate Express. Use promo code FSB25 for 25% off your purchase.
Kaplan: Best Bundled Pre- & Post-licensing Packages
Unlike other states, Missouri doesn’t require new agents to complete all 72 hours of prelicensing education before getting their license. Instead, you can complete the 24-hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course after licensure. Kaplan’s tiered package choices let you decide on a variety of bundled combinations to complete your education all at once or in portions.
In addition, Kaplan provides a home study option for individuals who prefer a mixture of textbook study and online components with less instructor assistance. Customer reviews applauded Kaplan’s self-paced courses and curriculum, while others had trouble justifying the higher cost. If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, take a look at RealEstateU or Real Estate Express.
Kaplan’s pricing model is unique as it allows for a certain amount of customization to an individual’s learning needs, but in a less complicated manner than its competitors.
Prelicensing: Starting at $149
- $149 24-Hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course
- $229 48-Hour Missouri Salesperson Pre-Examination Course
- $329 72-Hour Missouri Complete Licensing Package includes exam prep and live study group
- $529 Career Launcher Package, includes 72 prelicensing hours and includes exam prep, live webinar, and live intensive course
- Home Study
- $199 48-Hour Missouri Salesperson Pre-Examination Course
- $299 72-Hour Missouri Complete Licensing Package includes exam prep and live study group
- $499 Career Launcher Package, includes 72 prelicensing hours and includes exam prep, live webinar, and live intensive course
Post-licensing & Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Prices range from $29 to $99 based on credit hours
- Classes available in OnDemand and online formats
Exam Prep for $99
The CE Shop: Customizable & Most Affordable Continuing Education
Staying true to its name, The CE Shop is a top provider of high-quality continuing education (CE) for agents seeking license renewal. The CE Shop offers affordable packages and individual courses to fulfill your 12 hours of Missouri CE every two years. Although the courses are 100% online, its LEAP 2.0 platform provides an engaging experience for users, complete with interactive activities, practice quizzes, and a student forum to facilitate a live conversation with other participants.
Some users were disappointed with the real estate math review, so if you feel that math is not your forte, take a look at Perry Real Estate College for its MathMaster+ exam prep. Otherwise, there were overwhelmingly positive reviews for The CE Shop’s convenience, curriculum, and platform interface.
Prelicensing: Starting at $259
All prelicensing packages include the 72 required hours as well as business e-books, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, study schedules, and instructor-led webinars. Other add-ons from packages are:
- Courses Only Package: $259 (includes only above items)
- Standard Package: $319 includes exam prep
- Value Package: $359 includes above and “building business course”
- Premium Package: $409 includes above and 12-hour CE courses
Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Full 12-hour packages can be purchased for $85
- Individual courses can be purchased from $29 each
Exam Prep: Starting at $69
- Salesperson exam packages range from $69 to $119. You can customize your package for the national or state portion or a combination of both.
RealEstateU: Most Affordable Prelicensing Education
RealEstateU is known for its budget-conscious prelicensing education. Although there is no course customization available, the bundled 72-hour classes contain all necessary components to move forward with your Missouri real estate license. A standout feature of RealEstateU is audio courses. The audio versions are perfect for busy individuals and also include a transcript of the material so you won’t miss any information.
RealEstateU is commended for its simple-to-follow navigation structure that allowed them to quickly go through the material. However, several students mentioned that the national exam was well-covered, but didn’t feel as prepared for the state portion. For more state-specific exam prep, visit Real Estate Express or Kaplan.
Unlike some of its competitors, RealEstateU does not offer any tiered packages, and its prices are a flat rate for the required amount of hours.
Pre-licensing for $199
Exam Prep for $125 ($49 with discounted pricing)
Perry Real Estate College: Best Instructor Support & Math Exam Prep
Perry Real Estate College is the only online real estate school that provides licensing education for a select number of states, ranking highly due to its excellent instructor support. Even though the courses are 100% self-paced, instructor support is available 24/7 for those who are currently attending or have already graduated.
In addition, Perry Real Estate College offers additional math exam prep that will prepare you with practice questions to identify weaknesses and improve upon them. Perry Real Estate College was rated very highly by customers who cited support and comprehension regarding its strong suits. However, others stated that printed textbooks, rather than digital, were not helpful toward their experience. For downloadable textbooks and materials, check out RealEstateU and The CE Shop.
In contrast to its competitors, Perry Real Estate School only offers one option for each package.
Prelicensing: Starting at $144
- 48-Hour Prelicensing Course: $144
- 24-Hour Real Estate Practice Course: $75
- Bundled 72-Hour Course: $206
Exam Prep: Starting at $29
- Course concentrating on math is available for $29
Career Education Systems: Best for Upgrading to a Broker License
Out of the many schools we researched, Career Education Systems is one of the few that offers the option for broker’s prelicensing education, with Real Estate Express being the other. This provider is a good fit for busy agents who are currently in the field but are looking to complete their broker’s education quickly using a self-paced format. The information is presented in an audio and visual presentation, although only accessible on laptops or desktop computers.
Career Education Systems provides in-person classes in various locations for those looking for a live experience. Reviewers found the courses easy to navigate and said the practice tests were vital to success. There were very few negative reviews, but one mentioned that the time commitment was difficult to manage. For those who find the 72 total hours daunting, consider splitting the workload with individual courses from Real Estate Express or The CE Shop.
Similar to Perry Real Estate College, Career Education Systems is limited to one price per course.
- Prelicensing: $295
- Post-licensing: $345
- Broker Licensing: $345
- Continued Education: $120
- Exam Prep: $50