Online real estate schools in Missouri provide a convenient way to fulfill 72 hours of prelicensing in addition to post-licensing, continuing education, and broker licensing education. The best Missouri schools offer affordable pricing, multiple course formats, and career assistance to aspiring and experienced agents and brokers. We’ve examined dozens of options to determine the top six online real estate schools in the Show-Me State:
- Colibri Real Estate: Best for high-quality real estate education for any stage of your real estate career
- The CE Shop: Top choice for engaged, self-paced online real estate courses
- Kaplan: Best for bundled package options for first-time agents who want to tackle their initial licensing courses
- PDH Real Estate: Ideal choice for aspiring agents wanting a course with exam prep resources and lifetime access
- Van Education Center: Most affordable choice, with payment plans and discounts
- Perry Real Estate College: Best for agents licensed in another state looking for reciprocal Missouri licensing
Best Online Real Estate Schools in Missouri at a Glance
Education Provided & Starting Price
Broker licensing: $249
Exam prep: $99
Phone, email, and live chat
Visit Colibri Real Estate
Use Promo Code: FSB25 for 25% off
Exam prep: $79
Phone, email, and live chat
Visit The CE Shop
Use Promo Code: FSB30 for 30% off
Exam prep: $35
Phone, email, and live chat
Use Promo Code: Kapre5 for 5% off
Exam prep: $99
Phone and email
Exam prep: $59
Phone, email, and live chat
Broker licensing: $244
Exam prep: $29
Phone and live chat
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Missouri real estate license education: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Missouri to help you get started.
Colibri Real Estate: Best for High-quality Education for Any Career Stage
Colibri Real Estate is an accredited Missouri real estate school that offers courses for aspiring agents, current agents, and those looking to upgrade to a broker license. The Missouri real estate license course is offered in a self-paced option or as a livestream course with a real estate instructor. The variety of course package options for every stage of your career makes Colibri Real Estate the best real estate school in Missouri for your needs.
For students looking to become a real estate agent, there are multiple package options with prelicensing and exam prep courses. Packages include various valuable study tools, like career coaching videos, audio review guides, simulated exams, and instructor Q&A sessions. If you’re looking for an online Missouri real estate license course, Colibri has what you need.
Additional Colibri Real Estate Features
- Pass guarantee: All exam prep courses include a Pass or Don’t Pay Guarantee to ensure you pass the Missouri exam
- Study tools: Packages include real estate flashcards, discussion board, live sessions with instructors, simulated exams, and an animated video library
- Course format options: Courses offered in a self-paced format, in livestream, or with live instructor sessions
- Easy-to-use course platform: The Colibri course platform is easy to use, tracks your course progress, and is accessible on any device
Most Colibri customers found the platform easy to navigate and thought that the value was up to par for the money they spent. However, reviews are mixed, giving Colibri an overall customer review rating of 4.1 out of 5.
Unsatisfied students stated there was insufficient real-life application and too much text to read. If you’re looking for Missouri real estate courses online with more how-to tips, check out Perry Real Estate College for its Career Corner blog.
Colibri Real Estate offers Missouri online real estate classes for every stage of your real estate career. Individual CE courses are available, but Colibri’s packages include a variety of valuable tools and resources.
Prelicensing: Starting at $379
All packages include 72 prelicensing hours, three e-books, and instructor support.
- Exam Preparation package: $379, includes “Pass or Don’t Pay Guarantee,” simulated exams, flashcards, readiness assessment, and audio review guides
- “Exam Preparation Plus” package: $459, includes everything above plus exam crammer webinar series, instructor Q & A, and an animated video library
- Ultimate Learning package: $539, includes everything above plus one year of career success tools, like professional development library, checklists and guides, and pro series webinars
- Livestream Package (various schedules): $539, includes the same features of the “Exam Preparation” package
Broker Licensing: Starting at $249
- “Broker Basics” Package: $249, 48-hour course, Principles of Real Estate Practice and Math e-book, instructor support, and discussion board
Continued Education: Starting at $39*
- Individual CE courses: $39
- 2022-2024 Salesperson Renewal Package with Ethics: $99, includes 12 hours of approved CE courses
- CE PLUS membership: $107, includes all CE courses for Missouri, OnDemand library, 100+ job aids, coaching tool, 90-day boot camp, and an education specialist
Exam Prep: Starting at $99
- Exam Prep Package: $99, includes simulated exams, flashcards, readiness assessment, and audio review guides
- Exam Prep Live Package: $219, includes everything above plus Exam Crammer Webinar series, instructor Q&A, and animated video library
*Offered through its partner company, McKissock Learning
The CE Shop: Best Self-paced Online Missouri Real Estate Courses
All CE Shop courses are self-paced and provided through its unique LEAP 2.0 platform, which clearly organizes content, include interactive activities, and tracks your progress. For this reason, The CE Shop is the top choice for current or aspiring Missouri real estate professionals who want thorough, engaging course content at their own pace.
The CE Shop offers affordable packages and individual courses to fulfill your 12 hours of Missouri CE every two years. Although the courses are 100% online, it has a student forum to facilitate a live conversation with other participants. This is ideal for aspiring real estate professionals with questions about their new career paths.
Additional The CE Shop Features
- High pass rates: The CE Shop uniquely provides its current pass rate data, and its national pass rate is 90%
- Additional resources: There is an extensive amount of articles, downloadable resources, and career tips available for free through The CE Shop Agent Essentials
- Easy to access: The LEAP 2.0 is built to be accessible on any device
- Refund policy: Courses are eligible for a full refund within 30 days
With more than 6,000 online reviews, over 80% of reviewers report that the content is easy to understand, easy to access, and ultimately makes it easy to learn on the go. Students also particularly love the pass guarantee that is offered with their exam prep course.
However, other reviews aren’t so enthusiastic, giving The CE Shop an overall customer review rating of 3.8 out of 5. Unsatisfied students expressed frustration with customer service. Many of the unhappy reviews specifically named the lack of ability to get a course extension. If you want to take your real estate course without an expiration date, consider PDH Real Estate.
As a national provider, The CE Shop provides options for tiered packages tailored to your educational needs, similar to Kaplan and Colibri Real Estate.
Prelicensing: Starting at $295
All prelicensing packages include the 72 required hours and business e-books, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, study schedules, and instructor-led webinars. Other add-ons from packages are:
- Courses Only Package: $295 (includes only above items)
- Standard Package: $359, includes everything above plus national and Missouri exam prep
- Value Package: $399, includes everything in Standard package plus Business Building Courses
- Premium Package: $515, includes everything in Value package plus 12-hour CE courses and a real estate textbook
Continued Education: Starting at $35
- Individual CE courses: $35 per course
- 12-hour packages: $95, includes 12 hours of CE courses, with or without the NAR Ethics course
Exam Prep: Starting at $79
- Exam Prep Edge PSI National Portion: $79, includes unlimited practice exams, interactive dashboards, and lessons by topic
- Exam Prep Edge MO Salesperson State Portion: $79, includes unlimited practice exams, interactive dashboards, and lessons by topic
- Exam Prep Edge MO Salesperson National and State Portion: $135, includes study tools and resources for both national and Missouri-specific content
Kaplan: Best Prelicensing Package Options
Kaplan is nationally recognized as one of the best online real estate schools for professionals of all levels. It provides salesperson prelicensing, individual exam prep courses and tools, and continuing education for agents and brokers. Its Missouri real estate classes online are either self-paced, on-demand, or offered through home study.
Kaplan’s Missouri real estate prelicense course stands out because it’s offered in a few different packages. Since the state of Missouri requires a 48-hour pre-examination course and a 24-hour practice course, Kaplan gives you the ability to purchase each course separately or all 72 required hours in one package. In addition, its packages include additional tools and resources at a more cost-efficient price.
Additional Kaplan Features
- Career-focused resources: Prelicensing packages include career mentoring, and the Kaplan career toolbox is free to access
- Individual exam prep options: Purchase an exam prep course package, individually, or choose digital flashcards, Real Estate Math course, or Question Bank
- Variety of CE course topics: More than 10 required and elective CE topics for agents and brokers to choose from
- Easy to access: Courses are accessible and easy to navigate on any device
Thousands of real estate students have used Kaplan to get their license, prepare for an exam, or renew their real estate license. With thousands of reviews, Kaplan maintains an excellent customer review rating of 4.4 out of 5. Customers applaud Kaplan’s self-paced courses and curriculum and note how valuable the career resources are for their licensing journey.
On the other hand, Kaplan is not one of the cheapest real estate schools in Missouri. If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, consider Van Education Center.
Kaplan’s pricing model is relatively straightforward. It offers two 72-hour prelicensing package options, as well as individual prelicensing courses. All prelicensing packages are offered in either an online or home study format. In addition, it offers a variety of real estate exam prep tools, which you can purchase as a package or individually.
Prelicensing: Starting at $149
- 24-hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course: $149, includes self-paced online video lectures and quiz questions
- 48-hour Missouri Salesperson Pre-examination Course Online: $229, includes online lessons, quizzes, interactive activities, video files, and an interactive study group
- 48-hour Missouri Salesperson Pre-examination Course Home Study: $199, includes two textbooks, online quizzes, activities, files, and an interactive study group
- 72-hour Missouri Complete Licensing Package with Exam Prep Home Study: $299, includes two textbooks, online quizzes, activities, files, an interactive study group, real estate question bank, and career mentor live online connect
- 72-hour Missouri Complete Licensing Package with Exam Prep Online: $329, includes weekly interactive study sessions, self-paced online content, real estate question bank, and career mentor live online connect
- 72-hour Missouri Career Launcher Package Home Study: $499, includes two textbooks, online quizzes, activities, files, an interactive study group, national and Missouri real estate question bank, career mentor live online connect, and Real Estate Accelerator Online Video Course with live coaching
- 72-hour Missouri Career Launcher Package Online: $529, includes weekly study sessions, online quizzes, activities, files, an interactive study group, national and Missouri real estate question bank, career mentor live online connect, and Real Estate Accelerator Online Video Course with live coaching
Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Individual CE courses: $29 to $59 per course
- 12-hour CE Package: $99, includes 12 hours of CE courses
Exam Prep: Starting at $35
- Real Estate Math OnDemand: $35, includes OnDemand real estate math lessons
- Modern Real Estate Practice Flashcard Review: $42, includes over 700 printed real estate flashcards
- Real Estate Study Package: $99, includes the language of real estate MP3, language of real estate book, modern real estate practice flashcards
- Complete Missouri Real Estate Drill and Qbank: $99, includes online national and Missouri question bank and performance tracker
- National Real Estate Exam Prep: $129, includes national online video course and national real estate drill and practice Qbank
PDH Real Estate Academy: Best for Lifetime Access to Courses
PDH Real Estate Academy is the only Missouri real estate school to provide lifetime access to courses. Unlike other states, Missouri doesn’t require new agents to complete all 72 hours of prelicensing education at one time. Instead, students must only complete an approved 48-hour course before taking the exam. Then, they must complete the remaining 24 hours of the Missouri Real Estate Practice Course after licensure. For this reason, having lifetime access to your Missouri online real estate classes is particularly advantageous.
In addition, the Premium Prelicensing course offered by PDH Real Estate Academy includes an exam prep course with over 800 practice questions, instructor support, real estate e-books, and a money-back guarantee. This makes PDH Real Estate the best online real estate school in Missouri for students who want to take their time learning the material and have a first-time pass guarantee.
Additional PDH Real Estate Academy Features
- Unlimited real estate practice exams: Premium prelicensing course includes unlimited practice exams and a simulated final exam
- Instructor support: All courses include access to experts and instructors for questions and support
- Additional resources: Premium prelicensing course includes unique training courses on mold, radon, and home inspections for agents
- Individual course options: For budget-friendly options, purchase the exam prep course and the real estate practice course individually
PDH Real Estate has a stellar customer review rating of 4.5 out of 5, with students saying the program is easy to use and understand. They particularly loved the instructional videos, interesting topics, and the ability to take the courses at their own pace.
A small number of unhappy reviewers reported the layout of the course material was confusing and made it difficult to retain all the information. For a more user-friendly online course platform, The CE Shop might be the best choice.
PDH Real Estate Academy offers prelicensing, exam prep, and continuing education for aspiring and current Missouri real estate agents. It offers individual courses and simple course bundles for continuing education and prelicensing.
Prelicensing: Starting at $240
- Basic Prelicense: $240, includes the 48-hour required course to take the Missouri real estate exam
- 24-hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course: $119, includes the 24-hour required course to apply for a Missouri real estate license
- Premium Prelicense with Exam Prep: $340, includes all 72 required hours of prelicensing education plus exam prep, real estate e-books, instructor support, and a pass guarantee
Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Individual CE courses: $29 per course
- 2022 12-hour Renewal Bundle: $79, includes 12 hours of CE courses
Exam Prep: $99
- Missouri Exam Prep Course: $99, includes over 800 practice questions, practice quizzes, simulated final exam, instructor support, and a money-back guarantee
Van Education Center: Most Affordable Missouri Real Estate Courses
Van Education Center is a real estate education provider with courses for Missouri prelicensing, exam prep, and continuing education. It also uniquely provides the GRI Designation, which you can purchase individually or with a 12-hour continuing education course package.
The standout feature of Van Education Center is its pricing flexibility. There are frequent discounts offered, as well as three different payment plan options to help budget-conscious professionals get started in their new careers. This makes Van Education Center the best choice for aspiring Missouri real estate agents who need the most budget-friendly option without sacrificing course quality.
Additional Van Education Center Features
- Easily accessible: Courses are built to be accessible on any device
- Additional resources: All courses include free e-books, and the Van Education blog and newsletter include industry news and career tips
- Course access: All students have access to their courses for one full year
- Veteran discount: Veterans receive 20% off courses at all times
Most Van Education students were happy with their course and experience, giving the school a customer review rating of 4.2 out of 5. Students love the low pricing of the courses and say the instructors were available and extremely helpful as they studied.
Some unhappy reviewers said that the courses did not make them feel prepared for the real estate exam, and another review referenced technical difficulties. If you’d rather take a prelicensing or exam prep course with a pass guarantee, consider Colibri Real Estate or PDH Real Estate Academy.
Van Education Center provides courses in Missouri for salesperson prelicensing, exam prep, continuing education, and the GRI Designation. Like many of the other Missouri real estate schools, you can purchase package bundles or individual courses. However, Van Education Center is one of the only schools frequently offering discounted pricing.
Prelicensing: Starting at $80
- Missouri Real Estate Practice: $80, includes the 24-hour required course before applying for a Missouri real estate license
- Missouri Real Estate Salesperson Pre-examination: $131, includes the 48-hour required course before taking the Missouri real estate exam
- Missouri 72-hour Standard Package: $230, includes both required courses in a self-paced format
- Missouri 72-hour Premium Package: $260, includes everything above plus the exam prep course
Continued Education: Starting at $17
- Individual CE courses: $17 to $45 per course
- Missouri Continuing Education Course Packages: $155, includes 12 hours of CE courses and 14 hours of GRI credit
- Missouri GRI Complete Package: $341, includes 30 hours of CE courses and 66 hours of GRI credit
Exam Prep: Starting at $59
- National Real Estate Exam Prep Course: $59, includes national topic reviews, practice exams, and feedback
- Missouri Real Estate License Exam Prep: $79, includes Missouri-specific real estate exam questions
Perry Real Estate College: Best for Reciprocal Missouri Real Estate Licensing
Perry Real Estate College is an online education provider with courses to help you get a real estate license, get a broker’s license, prepare for the real estate exam, or get a reciprocal Missouri real estate license online. In fact, Perry Real Estate College is the only school to offer a reciprocity course for agents who are already licensed in another state to gain a Missouri real estate license.
All courses from Perry Real Estate College are offered online in a self-paced format. Courses include instructor support, content organized into topics, practice exams, and interactive activities. All of these offerings make Perry Real Estate College the best Missouri real estate school for agents in other states or Missouri residents who want an affordable, user-friendly, online education.
Additional Perry Real Estate College Features
- Engaging course content: Courses include images, interactive activities, and practice questions to keep you engaged
- 24/7 support: Instructors and customer support are available 24 hours a day for questions
- Extensive exam prep tools: PerryPrep+ includes topic-specific questions, flashcards, and practice exams
- Real estate career support: The Career Corner is free to access and includes important tips and resources for aspiring and current real estate professionals
Perry Real Estate College was rated very highly by students, giving it an overall customer review rating of 4.8 out of 5. Reviewers raved about many features of the courses and customer support, like thorough material and engaging activities and exercises. Many students said they have been long-term users of Perry Real Estate College or plan to continue taking their courses.
There are very few unhappy reviews for Perry Real Estate College, but they reference technical difficulties and confusion with the course content. For a similar online real estate school in Missouri, The CE Shop might be a better fit.
Perry Real Estate College offers multiple package options for Missouri prelicensing. Choose a 72-hour course with all required coursework, or purchase the 48-hour and 24-hour required courses separately. In addition to its individual exam prep course, it offers a unique real estate math course.
Prelicensing: Starting at $175
- Reciprocal Missouri Real Estate License: $175, includes the required 24-hour course to apply for a Missouri real estate license
- Missouri Real Estate Practice Course: $175, includes the 24-hour required course before applying for your real estate license
- Missouri Salesperson Pre-examination Course: $199, includes 48 hours of required coursework before taking the real estate exam plus the features above
- 72-hour Missouri Real Estate License Course: $244, includes self-paced course material, practice questions, and 24/7 support
Broker Prelicensing: $244
- Missouri Real Estate Broker Course: $244, includes 48 hours of required coursework in a self-paced format with 24/7 support and practice questions
Exam Prep: Starting at $29
- MathMaster+ Exam Preparation: $29, includes real estate math descriptions, steps, and practice questions
- PerryPrep+: $79, includes ten topic tests, mastery modules, practice exams, and flashcards
How We Evaluated the Top Real Estate Schools in Missouri
With the right Missouri real estate school, the process of becoming an agent, renewing your license, or upgrading to a broker’s license can be simple. To determine the best schools, we looked for providers that offered important features like flexible course formats, instructor access, study tools, and reasonable pricing that won’t break the bank.
Overall, Colibri Real Estate emerged as the top overall online real estate school in Missouri. It offers many self-paced and livestream courses and tiered packages with extensive resources and study tools. In addition, it offers a pass guarantee and courses for every stage of real estate education throughout your career.
The other criteria we evaluated include:
25% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
15% of Overall Score
The availability of each level of education for different stages of licensure. This would include pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, broker prelicensing, and exam prep.
15% of Overall Score
Extending services past licensure such as coaching, training, and career assistance. Also, whether the provider offers pass or refund guarantees for its courses.
10% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
10% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
5% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.