Chase Ink Business Unlimited® is an excellent cash back credit card with no annual fee that offers unlimited fixed-rate cash back rewards on all purchases. This small business credit card also lets you add employee cards at no additional cost and offers additional features like purchase protection, travel assistance services, and extended warranty protection.
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
Pocketing 1.5% cash back on every single purchase
- Earn $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase made for your business
- No Annual Fee
- Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn rewards faster with employee cards at no additional cost. Set individual spending limits for greater control.
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring.
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- 0% introductory APR on purchases
- Unlimited cash back rewards on all purchases
- Introductory APR period doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- 5% balance transfer fee
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes; it provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the US and abroad
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the US manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less
How We Evaluate Cash Back Business Credit Cards
When grading cash back business credit cards like the Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM, we weigh ongoing rewards the heaviest and consider the introductory rewards as the second biggest factor. We also look at the annual fee, introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and card benefits.
Who Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Is Best For
- Business owners who want a fixed-rate rewards card: Chase Ink Business Unlimited® is best for business owners who want to earn unlimited fixed-rate cash back rewards on all spending without having to pay an annual fee.
- Business owners who have other Chase credit cards: Chase allows you to transfer your Chase Ink Business Unlimited® rewards to other Chase personal or business credit cards within the Ultimate Rewards program to receive a higher redemption value when booking travel.
Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Fees
- Introductory annual percentage rate (APR): 0% APR on purchases for the first 12 months after opening an account
- Ongoing APR: 13.24% to 19.24% variable, which will adjust with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: Either 5% of the amount of the transfer or $5, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: 3% for purchases made outside of the United States, charged in US dollars
- Cash advance fee: 5% of the advance or $15, whichever is greater—cash advance APR is 24.99%
Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Rewards
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back rewards on all business-related purchases
Welcome offer: $750 bonus cash back when you spend $7,500 on purchases during the first three months after opening an account.
You can redeem your rewards for cash back, gift cards, and travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. The redemption value for all three options is 1 cent per point. Cash back rewards don’t expire as long as your account is open. When redeeming for cash, you can receive a statement credit, or the cash back reward can be deposited into an eligible checking or savings account from a US-based bank or credit union.
You can increase your redemption value when you transfer rewards to your other Chase card that’s also part of the Ultimate Rewards program. For example, if you transfer your Chase Ink Business Unlimited® rewards to your Chase Sapphire Preferred personal card, each point is worth 1.25 cents when redeemed for travel.
Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Features
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
When you rent a car using your Chase business card, both you and any additional drivers permitted by the rental agreement are covered against accident or theft. Coverage is primary if the vehicle rental is for business purposes, which means you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept the insurance offered by the rental agency.
Rentals of 31 consecutive days or less are eligible. You will also be covered for “reasonable and customary towing charges” and loss-of-use charges incurred by the rental car company. You may be reimbursed up to the cash value of the vehicle.
Chase may repair, replace, or reimburse you for items that you purchased using your credit card that are damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per item or up to $50,000 per year. Purchases that are not part of this coverage include animals, living plants, computer software, collectible items, real estate, medical equipment, perishables, and pre-owned items.
Extended Warranty Protection
Chase will extend the original manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on warranties of three years or less, up to a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account. To qualify for this, you must have charged a portion of the purchase to your card or used reward points to make the purchase. Items not covered with this protection include computer software, medical equipment, real estate, pre-owned items, motorized vehicles, and items purchased for resale.
Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
Chase will provide travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance 24 hours a day to the cardholder, their spouse, and dependent children aged 22 years or younger. As with many small business credit cards, this is mostly a concierge service. The cardholder is responsible for the cost of any assistance.
Pros & Cons of Chase Ink Business Unlimited®
Pros of Chase Ink Business Unlimited®
- 0% introductory APR on purchases: With Chase Ink Business Unlimited®, you’ll enjoy an introductory 0% APR on purchases for the first 12 months that your account is open. This is a big advantage if you need to make a huge purchase as it allows you to pay off your balance within 12 months, interest-free.
- Unlimited cash back rewards on all purchases: Chase Ink Business Unlimited® offers unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases, regardless of spending categories. This is an excellent option for those who want to earn a fixed cash back reward without the need to keep track of spending categories.
Cons of Chase Ink Business Unlimited®
- Introductory APR period doesn’t apply to balance transfers: The introductory 0% APR for the first 12 months only applies to purchases and not to balance transfers. Business owners who need to transfer their balance from their old credit cards may find this limitation a disadvantage.
- 5% balance transfer fee: While other business credit cards offer no fees for balance transfers, Chase Ink Business Unlimited® charges 5% of each transfer amount or $5, whichever is higher. This is an additional cost on top of the APR, which can be a drawback for businesses that may need this service.
Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Alternatives
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Earning unlimited 2% cash back
- Introductory reward worth $500 after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2% cash back on every purchase
- Issue employee cards for free
- No limit to the amount of rewards you can earn
- Lucrative welcome offer
- Lacks a 0% APR offer
- Annual fee is only waived for 12 months
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for up to 90 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim.
If you want to enjoy higher cash back rewards, Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business offers unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases. While its sign-up bonus of $500 is lower than Chase Ink Business Unlimited®’s offer, the spending requirement is also lower. This business credit card is an excellent alternative if you cannot spend at least $7,500 in purchases to earn the $750 signup bonus from Chase Ink Business Unlimited®.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Unlimited 2x miles with every swipe
- Introductory reward worth $500 in travel after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2x miles per $1 spent
- Issue employee cards for free
- No foreign transaction fees
- TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry application fee credit
- You’ll pay an annual fee after the first year
- Doesn’t offer interest-free financing
- Airport security screening reimbursement: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every four years.
- Purchase assurance: Most purchases made entirely with your card are covered if damaged or stolen within 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder account per 12 month period.
- Extended warranty coverage: Doubles the original warranty time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum of 12 months on most items you purchase.
- Travel medical emergency assitance: Provide referrals to medical services if you have a medical emergency while traveling. You’re covered if you’re 100 or more miles away from home and from the day you leave until midnight of the 60th day of your trip, or the day you return to your city of residence, whichever is sooner.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is a better alternative if you travel frequently because it allows you to earn unlimited 2x miles for every purchase. You can redeem these rewards for travel reservations or in the form of cash back. This business credit card also offers a signup bonus worth $500 in travel.
American Express Blue Business® Plus
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Pocketing 2x points per $1 and 0% introductory APR for 12 months
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You’ve got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
- 0% APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfer
- Earn 2x points on all spending
- No lucrative welcome offer
- 2x points rewards are capped at $50,000 in spending
- Extended warranty protection: American Express will match the length of the original manufacturer’s warranty if it’s less than 2 years. It provides an additional 2 years if the original manufacturer’s warranty is between 2 and 5 years. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
- Purchase protection: The issuer will repair, replace, or reimburse you for an item purchased with the card that was damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per account each year.
The American Express Blue Business® Plus is a great alternative if your business spends less than $50,000 per year. It offers 2x points per dollar on all purchases for the first $50,000 in purchases each year, and 1 point on all purchases thereafter. It also offers 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 months.
The Chase Ink Business Unlimited® card is best for businesses that prefer to earn unlimited fixed-rate rewards for all spending, with no annual fee. This is also best paired with your other Chase credit cards within the Ultimate Rewards program to maximize your redemption value when you redeem for travel. Check out our Credit Card Marketplace to find other cards that may be a better fit for you.