Conference calling systems help your team work together even when everyone is physically apart. Fortunately, there are many services that help you stay in touch with employees without having to spend any money. We looked at the best free conference call services on the market and evaluated them based on pricing and features.
Top 6 Free Conference Call Services 2020
Free Conference Call Service
(Best Overall) Teams looking for easy, fast, and free phone conferencing
Google Workspace customers seeking a natively integrated solution
Small teams looking for a robust set of features for their intimate meetings
Remote companies seeking best-in-class mobile functionality
Organizations looking to hold international teleconferences
Healthcare, academic, and nonprofit organizations looking for a powerful business communications suite
How We Evaluated Free Conference Call Services
The best conference call systems, paid or free, offer a complete set of business communication features. While many of the systems we looked at do offer advanced paid versions, all systems we looked at need to offer a free version in some way, shape, or form. Services should be easy enough for workers of all skill levels to use.
We evaluated the top free conference call services based on the following criteria:
- Ease of use
- Caller limits
- Call controls
- Call recording
- Mobile app
- Customer service
- Call quality
Based on the above criteria, we find that FreeConferenceCall.com is the best overall choice for most small businesses. The service allows your team to work together no matter where they are on the globe. It is also exceptionally easy to use. However, there may be a better solution for your specific business needs. Take this quiz to learn which provider is best for you or read on.
FreeConferenceCall.com: Best Overall Free Conference Call Service for Small Businesses
FreeConferenceCall.com is a free conferencing service that comes standard with video chat, audio conferencing, and call controls. The service is completely free to use and is also among the more intuitive options we looked at. We find that this is the best overall service because it provides the most functionality to small business users at no cost.
Interface dated compared to others
Offers video conferencing
Sporadic sound quality issues
Calls for up to 1,000 people
Video conferencing not as smooth as competitors
FreeConferenceCall.com Pricing & Limitations
- FreeConferenceCall.com comes at no cost to users, but they do take contributions if you are willing and able
- Toll-free calling for meetings is available, but costs 3.9 cents per minute
- Supports large calls: The solution can accommodate up to 1,000 participants in a single call.
- Video calling: FreeConferenceCall.com allows for video chat so that you can see and hear your teammates.
- Mobile apps: Take calls from wherever you are with apps for iOS and Android.
Google Meet: Best Free Conference Call Service for Google Workspace Users
Google Meet is a virtual conferencing solution that comes free with all business Google accounts. The system is easy to set up and use, and it can sync across desktops, tablets, and smartphones. The fact that it comes free with Google Workspace makes it the best choice for businesses that already have professional Google services.
Google Meet Strengths
Google Meet Weaknesses
Free with Google accounts
Meeting limit is 250 people
Smooth, modern mobile apps
Advanced features require paid versions
Integrates with Gmail and other Google services
Requires subscription to the greater Google ecosystem
Google Meet Pricing & Limitations
- Business Starter: $6 per user per month, the consumer version of Meet offers video for up to 25 participants
- Business Standard: $12 per user per month with Meet, 30GB of cloud storage, and supports 100 participants*
- Business Plus: $18 per user per month for unlimited cloud storage, and supports 150 participants*
- Enterprise: Supports 250 participants* with archiving options. Contact sales for pricing.
*Google reports that it is offering support for up to 250 participants at all service levels until September 2020.
Google also offers free Google Workspace subscriptions for education and healthcare institutions. To see if your organization is eligible, check out the company’s promotional page.
Google Meet Features
- Google integration: Meet works seamlessly with Gmail, Calendar, and other popular Google business apps.
- Mobile apps: Google Meet offers one of the most intuitive mobile apps in the teleconferencing space.
- Conferencing: Meet allows users to join meetings via a virtual phone number or through a web link.
UberConference: Best Free Conference Call Service for Small Meetings
UberConference is a free conferencing system for online business meetings. They offer a version of their solution that supports up to 50 participants and unlimited call duration. They also offer a paid version that supports up to 100 participants. While it doesn’t offer accommodations for as many participants as other systems, it has a wealth of call controls that make it good for small teams that want to hold effective, more intimate meetings.
Secure meetings via conference PINs
Limited meetings in free version
Standard call recording
Clunky, outdated interface
HD video calling
Custom call-in number and other features locked behind paid version
UberConference Pricing & Limitations
- Free: Supports up to 50 users in a meeting for up to five hours; also comes with HD video calling and call recordings
- Business: Supports up to 100 users in a meeting for up to five hours; comes with custom call-in numbers, custom hold music, and international access
- Conference PIN: The service provides you with a specialized password for each individual meeting to help you keep your meetings secure.
- Call recording: Save your important business conversations for later reference.
- HD video: See meeting members in full HD resolution.
Zoom: Best Free Conference Call Service for Mobile Video Conferences
Zoom is a popular video conferencing tool that offers a free version for up to 100 users at once. Paid versions start at $14.99 per host, per month and can accommodate up to 500 participants at one time. Zoom also has one of the best mobile apps we’ve seen to date in a conference calling system, which makes it ideal for mobile workers who want to join meetings from wherever they may be.
Exceptionally easy to use
Meetings capped at 500 users, even with paid versions
Complete set of call management tools
Free meetings are limited to 40 minutes
Fantastic mobile apps
Phone conferencing costs extra
Zoom Pricing & Limitations
- Basic: Free, 100 participants, 40-minute meeting lengths
- Pro: $14.99 per host, per month, 24-hour meeting length
- Business: $19.99 per host, per month, 300 participants per meeting; requires at least 10 hosts signed on to the plan
- Enterprise: $19.99 per host, per month, 500 participants per meeting; requires at least 100 hosts signed on to the plan
- Phone meetings: Available with all paid plans for an additional $100 per month
- Video conferencing: With a decent internet connection, Zoom provides free HD video calling and clear audio.
- Telephone conferencing: Zoom lets you hold audio conferences over the phone, but this feature comes at an additional cost.
- Screen sharing: Even the free version of Zoom lets you share your entire screen or individual apps. You can also draw on the screen to highlight items and hold more effective presentations.
FreeConference.com: Best Free Conference Call Service for International Audio Conference Calls
FreeConference.com is a conferencing service that comes with free and paid packages. The free edition comes standard with a rich set of features and some of the highest calling limits in the space. It also comes with the ability to provide international numbers for your overseas contacts. This makes it perfect for those who host a lot of participants from outside of the U.S. and Canada.
International numbers available
Free version limited to 100 users
Video chat capabilities
Toll-free calling locked behind paid plans
Password protected meetings
FreeConference.com Pricing & Limitations
- Free: 100 participants per meeting, five web participants, local numbers
- Starter: $9.99 per month, 15 web users, toll-free and international numbers, audio recording
- Plus: $24.99 per month, 50 web participants, video recording
- Pro: $34.99 per month, 100 web participants, YouTube streaming
- Local number: The free version of the system provides a local number as a dial-in number for your meetings.
- International dial-in number: Once you are ready to upgrade to the paid version, FreeConference.com provides an international dial-in number for your overseas contacts.
- Call controls: This service lets you protect your meetings with a specialized PIN. It also lets you mute users, boot users, and block participants altogether.
RingCentral: Best Free Conference Call Service for Healthcare & Nonprofits
RingCentral is a popular business phone system that offers unlimited domestic calling and conference calling. Normally, the service starts at $19.99 per user, per month. The system is also HIPAA-compliant, which makes it a perfect opportunity for users in healthcare-related industries.
Robust telephony tools
More expensive than competing solutions
Video chat for up to 200 people
Meetings capped at 200 people
Free for healthcare, nonprofit, and K-12 education organizations
Not free for other types of users
RingCentral Pricing & Limitations
- Essentials: $19.99* per user, per month with video calling for up to 100 people
- Standard: $24.99* per user, per month
- Premium: $34.99* per user, per month
- Ultimate: $49.99* per user, per month
- Audio and video conferencing: RingCentral makes it easy to hold conferences either by dialing in via phone or logging on to a virtual video chat for up to 200 people.
- Call management tools: The system comes with the ability to mute, block, and boot participants. You can also protect meetings via password, schedule meetings ahead of time, and send calendar invites.
- Powered by Zoom: RingCentral’s video conferencing is backed by Zoom’s power HD video calling technology.
For more details on RingCentral, go to our RingCentral user reviews page.
Video conferencing services are essential business tools as more teams take to remote working. Fortunately, advancements in conferencing technology and a wealth of competition have resulted in the fact that even businesses with no budget can enjoy free video conferencing. These services come in different forms and specialize in phone conferencing, video calls, or both.
We recommend FreeConferenceCall.com to any small business looking for a free, capable conferencing system. The system has a wide range of features, is easy to use, and, best of all, is completely free. Click the button below for more information.