GoDaddy Hosting is one of the most popular web hosting providers, offering a wide selection of all-inclusive services and plans. Its shared hosting plan comes with a decent amount of storage, domain registration for one year, and security features. GoDaddy Hosting is a good option for those who want a balance of affordability, beginner-friendly services, and robust inclusions—making it easy for anyone to publish a site.
Who GoDaddy Hosting Is Best For
GoDaddy is known for its domain registration services, but it is now also recognized as one of the top web hosting service providers. It offers affordable plans that allow users to build, customize, and publish their business websites. Its wide range of products and services is recommended for businesses looking to get started with beginner-friendly services at reasonable rates. Users with growing needs may also consider GoDaddy as it allows you to easily upgrade your plans with its one-click setup and helpful customer support.
Specifically, GoDaddy Hosting is best for:
- Users with no coding and web design experience who want to build an affordable site quickly: GoDaddy Hosting plans include the essentials of publishing websites, such as domain and storage. It offers several products for all skill levels, enabling you to choose and purchase a plan that matches your current business needs. If you have no coding background, you may subscribe to its website builder or WordPress hosting plans and customize its available templates. GoDaddy is among our recommendations for the best website builders as it stands out with its online selling and appointment booking features.
- WordPress hosting: Whether you need to get started setting up your WordPress site or are looking into setting up a more advanced one, GoDaddy Hosting is for you. It offers flexible web hosting plans with one-click WordPress installation that come with the lowest monthly fees and WordPress hosting plans with automatic core software and security updates.
- Domain registration: GoDaddy offers a wide range of domain extensions, such as .com, .net, .design, .work, .pro, and .me. This service is perfect for those who want a unique or easy-to-remember domain name for their business website. It is among our top picks for the best domain registrars, providing hard-to-find domain names and discounts for bulk purchases.
Who GoDaddy Hosting Isn’t Best For
Though GoDaddy offers an attractive range of products and tiers, it still may not make the cut for you. There are companies in the market that provide cheaper rates or better inclusions. It is helpful to compare with other providers to ensure that GoDaddy is the best option for you.
- Businesses looking for a cheaper web hosting plan with unlimited storage and unmetered bandwidth: GoDaddy has affordable introductory prices. However, it isn’t the cheapest in the market. Those looking for an option with reasonable pricing may consider HostGator. Apart from its impressive inclusions like unlimited bandwidth and storage, it also offers a free WordPress website transfer service.
- Those looking for affordable no-commitment web hosting plans: If you’re looking for one of the most affordable no-commitment web hosting services, look into DreamHost. This company offers plans that start at $2.59 per month, including domain registration and privacy, 24/7 customer support, and a free SSL certificate. You can choose its month-to-month plans with the same robust features and comprehensive inclusions.
- Organizations handling sensitive information through their websites: All GoDaddy plans include security features. However, alternatives in the market provide more protection at lower monthly initial fees. Businesses that are expecting to handle sensitive data through their websites may check out IONOS. It offers secure hosting plans with low introductory prices, starting at $1 per month. These include built-in anti-spam and DDoS protection, daily backups, site scans, and an SSL certificate.
GoDaddy Hosting is an excellent option for creating various sites, including blogs, portfolios, and online stores. If you are still unsure after researching how good GoDaddy Hosting is, read our guide on the best web hosting companies for small businesses.
GoDaddy Hosting Pricing
GoDaddy Hosting offers various products that enable users to publish sites easily. Its shared hosting plans start at $5.99 per month on the initial term (36-month contract). This rate isn’t the lowest in the market, but it is justified by the value of its package, including storage that starts at 100GB, unmetered and bandwidth, and 25 subdomains. Available contract lengths include one, three, 12, 24, and 36 months.
If you are looking for a cheaper option that is enough to get started in building and publishing your website, then try DreamHost. It offers no-commitment plans and essential features like 50GB of storage, domain, SSL certificate, and a website builder.
Web Hosting Plans
Unlimited storage for an unlimited number of sites
Sites that need increased processing and speed
36-Month Term Pricing*
Numbers of Websites
One-Year Domain Registration**
*Introductory pricing paid in full at the beginning of the billing cycle. Regular rates apply upon renewal.
**The free one-year domain registration is only applicable for annual subscriptions and above.
For more information, select a plan from the drop-down menu below:
GoDaddy Hosting’s shared hosting entry-level plan has a monthly introductory price of $5.99 on a 36-month term—higher than some of its competitors like Bluehost and DreamHost. However, its package comes with 100GB of storage, double the mentioned companies’ base offering.
Users subscribed to 12- to 36-month plans are entitled to a free domain registration for one year, which is an industry-standard. Additionally, you can get a free Microsoft 365 email for your first year.
The Economy plan is best for users wanting to build one basic website. If you’re planning to build your first basic online store, then this plan is good for you. It already includes Poynt—GoDaddy’s plugin for WooCommerce—that lets you accept payments from customers who use major debit and credit cards.
If you need to build more than one site, then try GoDaddy Hosting’s Deluxe plan. It has an introductory rate of $7.99 per month on a 36-month contract. It allows users to host an unlimited number of websites with unlimited storage.
Like the Economy plan, it also features unmetered bandwidth, which is great for loading your pages quickly for your visitors. Apart from everything the Economy plan offers, Deluxe allows users to set up unlimited subdomains.
If your website has high traffic, then go for GoDaddy Hosting’s Ultimate plan. It features an increased processing power compared to Deluxe’s and Economy’s standard performance. Its introductory rate for a 36-month term is $12.99 per month.
Ultimate also provides an SSL certificate for one year, provided that users are subscribed to any of its 12- to 36-month plans. Other premium features include two CPUs, 1GB of memory, and premium DNS, enhancing your site’s speed.
If you have data-heavy sites like large databases or multimedia portfolios, then Maximum is for you. It has everything the Ultimate plan offers, but with higher memory (2GB) and free unlimited SSL certificates for all registered websites in the account. Initial pricing for a 36-month term costs $19.99 per month, which isn’t bad given the inclusions and performance it provides.
GoDaddy Hosting Features & Key Insights
GoDaddy offers various types of products and services for every user’s needs. Whether you’re a blogger who wants to set up your site quickly or a small business owner looking into opening an online store, GoDaddy has something packaged for you. Additionally, you can purchase add-ons for security and other purposes when necessary.
Below, let’s go over some of the essential inclusions its shared hosting plans come with:
Storage & Bandwidth
GoDaddy Hosting’s base plan comes with limited storage of 100GB, which is good enough for those wanting to create basic landing pages for their businesses. Those who need to develop websites with heavy graphics can choose the higher tiers with unlimited storage.
All shared hosting plans feature unmetered bandwidth, helping your website load faster. If you are looking for a more affordable no-commitment option that offers unmetered bandwidth and unlimited storage in its base plan, then you may explore HostGator instead.
GoDaddy reliability is experienced with fast page loads and excellent visitor experience through its over 37,000 services worldwide. They have nine data centers, including a GoDaddy-owned, Arizona-based data center and co-located data center facilities in Arizona, California, Illinois, Virginia, the Netherlands, and Singapore.
GoDaddy also offers a 99.9% service uptime guarantee, where users are eligible for a discount on the monthly fee during downtime. Other features that are readily available in its plans include 24/7 network security that comes with DDoS protection.
Additionally, GoDaddy Hosting provides website security products at an added cost. You can get unlimited site cleanups, scheduled or on-demand backups, speed boost with CDN, a firewall, and malware scanning.
Introductory pricing for its website security package ranges from $5.34 to $19.99 per month (on a two-year term), while website backup products start at $2.99 per month. Meanwhile, you may also subscribe to paid SSL management plans for introductory fees that range from $149.99 to $399.99 per year.
While these are great paid additions to keep your websites secure, other companies offer many of these features in their web hosting plans at lower prices, like IONOS.
Features & Inclusions
GoDaddy has carefully packaged its products and tiers, ensuring it has all the essentials users need in putting up a website. All plans come with:
- A free domain for one year
- One-click WordPress installation
- cPanel access
- Microsoft 365 integration
- Direct database access
- Fraud, virus, and spam protection
Apart from its shared hosting services, you may also check out its website builder plans. Its two tiers are packed with payment, appointment scheduling, and marketing features. This website builder allows any user to quickly set up a site or online store, even without a web design and development background.
Think it may take a lot to build a site? It’s not as hard as you think. Learn how to build a GoDaddy Website in five steps.
When choosing a hosting provider, ensure that you have the right resources whenever you face an issue. GoDaddy Hosting addresses this need by providing 24/7 phone and chat support that lets you solve your problems in real time.
You can browse through GoDaddy’s help center, which features useful guides and articles that discuss its services, products, and account management.
What Users Think of GoDaddy Hosting
Most customers agree that GoDaddy Hosting is an excellent choice for beginners and users without website building experience. At the time of writing, it earned the following unbiased ratings from popular and credible user review websites:
- Trustpilot: 4.0 out of 5 stars based on 20,340 reviews
- G2: 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 86 reviews
- TrustRadius: 7.4 out of 10 stars based on 140 reviews
A majority of users like the platform’s ease of use, reliability, and excellent customer support. Meanwhile, several customers are disappointed that some features, like an SSL certificate, need to be purchased as an add-on and aren’t included in its plans.
GoDaddy Hosting is an affordable solution with valuable inclusions and beginner-friendly services perfect for anyone who wants to put their site up online quickly. Aside from its robust web hosting products, its own website builder makes it super-easy to build a website with no web design or coding experience.
If you want to get started quickly and are looking to build up and improve your site as your need grows, then GoDaddy Hosting is for you.