This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
The best online real estate schools in Utah provide the tools, resources, support, and flexibility students need to meet the state’s real estate education requirements for prelicensing and beyond. After researching many online real estate schools in Utah, we’ve identified the five best schools to support a variety of learning and experience levels based on pricing, customer support, learning formats, student reviews, product features, and the available education provided.
- Institute for Real Estate Education: Best school for aspiring agents wanting individualized support and a first-time pass guarantee on all courses
- The CE Shop: Top choice for agents and brokers seeking engagement and interactive online courses for every level of their real estate career
- Utah Real Estate School TSG: Optimal for budget-conscious students who want free exam prep and mentoring
- Agent Professor: Most affordable real estate school in Utah for aspiring agents requiring prelicensing packages
- Harman Real Estate Academy: Ideal for students who want an affordable local real estate education
Best Online Schools in Utah at a Glance
Education Provided & Starting Price
Broker licensing: $545
Exam prep: $49
Broker licensing: $695
Exam prep: $79
Broker licensing: $550
Exam prep: Free
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Utah real estate license online education: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our step-by-step guide to becoming a real estate agent in Utah to help you get started.
Institute of Real Estate Education: Best for Individualized Support & First-time Pass Guarantee
- No post-licensing
- No interactive study groups
- No mobile app
Our Expert Opinion on Institute of Real Estate Education
The Institute of Real Estate Education is the best online Utah real estate school that has a pass guarantee with every prelicensing package. It also offers a course completion guarantee, flexible payment plans, and a price match guarantee. With outstanding instructor access, the school provides broker and salesperson prelicensing, continuing education, and exam preparation in livestream, self-study, and on-demand formats.
Students can contact their instructors by phone, one-to-one appointments, and email, with a reply within an hour. It could improve by adding interactive study groups so that students can connect and learn with their peers. It also could benefit from a mobile app, as many people prefer to use their phones.
- Accreditations: Utah Department of Commerce (UDC), International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC), and Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Refund/cancellation policy: Refunds are issued 14 days after payment.
- Spark Agent Success: This comprehensive 12-week career course is available in the top-tier prelicensing package, and provides students with self-assessments, negotiation, business, and marketing strategies, sales training, and listing presentations.
- Real Estate Math: This crash course gives students the math skills to pass the real estate exam.
- PrepMyExam National Best Review: This $60 course is free in the top two packages and includes quizzes, bite-sized lessons, professional instructors, and a pass or your money-back guarantee.
Institute of Real Estate Education has a customer rating of 4.9 out of 5. Students consistently report passing the exam on the first attempt after taking their course from this school. One student said the support and encouragement to finish the course was excellent. Others said the class was easy to follow, and another student stated that the quiz questions and structure matched the exam.
One negative reviewer stated the quiz questions for the online classes were riddled with typos and incomplete sentences. Another felt that the course was too comprehensive for people with busy schedules and didn’t allow students to review sections after the chapter quiz. The CE Shop is known for its interactive and fun courses, so if you’re looking for a flexible program with an easy-to-learn format, check it out.
Salesperson prelicensing packages have tiered pricing, while broker prelicensing offers one option. Continuing education pricing is either individual classes with cost related to the number of credits or in customizable packages, also with prices reflecting the number of credits. The exam prep packages include the same materials, with one exception. The package for current Institute of Real Estate Education students omits two online real estate courses because they’re included for free in the Utah prelicense course.
$445 to $897
$10 to $180
$49 to $99
The CE Shop: Best for Engaging & Interactive Online Classes
- No salesperson livestream option
- Only the Premium package includes post-licensing
- No mobile app
Our Expert Opinion on The CE Shop
The CE Shop is the best online real estate school in Utah for its interactive and engaging classes. It provides broker and salesperson prelicensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and exam prep classes for aspiring real estate agents. Its interactive elements offer dynamic practice exams, interactive dashboards, a readiness assessment, and engaging courses so students can stay focused and learn at their own pace.
Course formats include self-paced and on-demand videos to meet each student’s learning styles, with livestream available for broker prelicensing. There is room for improvement by offering a livestream for all its courses since some students learn better in a classroom setting.
- Accreditations: Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO) and UDC
- Refund/cancellation policy: Students have 30 days from the beginning of the course to cancel for a full refund unless the course is more than 50% completed.
- Career resources: The CE Shop’s Agent Essentials includes podcasts, videos, blogs, e-books, and downloadable resources so students can launch their careers.
- 12 months of course access: A whole year to complete the course, with most students finishing in four or five months.
- Accessible on all mobile devices: Study for your exam or continue your education from anywhere at your convenience.
The CE Shop receives a 3.6 out of 5, with 83% of its students giving it 5 stars. Students appreciated that it tracked their progress and returned where they left off. Students said the platform was easy to use and engaging. Other students raved about the mini-quizzes after each session, which helped them retain the information and the exams they could retake before the final.
Some dissatisfied students reported that the platform had glitches and that there were no textbooks, only PDFs. Another student was upset with customer service because they wouldn’t refund his CE courses when there were no classes to fulfill his needs. If you’re looking for online real estate classes in Utah with a refund guarantee, your best bet is the Institute of Real Estate Education.
Read how our experts feel about this real estate school in our The CE Shop Review.
The CE Shop offers tiered pricing on all its education types. Continuing education includes individual classes or packages, so students can customize their education or fill in where they need classes. Its broker prelicensing is offered through The CE Shop’s recently acquired Stringham School, providing two tiered packages.
$629 to $955
$39 to $189
$695 to $795
$39 to $295
$79 to $135
Utah Real Estate School TSG: Best for Free Exam Preparation & Mentoring
- No livestream classes
- No interactive study groups
- No refunds
Our Expert Opinion on Utah Real Estate School
Utah Real Estate School TSG is our best online real estate school in Utah for its free exam prep, which includes practice tests, regular free exam prep classes, and a free four-week mentoring program upon course completion. In addition, it offers salesperson and broker prelicensing and continuing education in self-paced and on-demand video formats.
The free mentoring program helps students with acquiring their license, joining a real estate board and the Multiple Listing Service, accessing additional training and support, and getting their real estate business started on a firm foundation. It also includes free placement assistance. The school could provide improvements by adding interactive online study groups and livestream courses so students can ask instructors questions during class and learn from their peers from the live groups.
- Accreditation: UDC
- Refund/cancellation policy: There is no refund policy, but if students don’t pass the exam, they can retake any or all classes as many times as they want for an entire year.
- Optional tuition reimbursement: Tuition reimbursement is an optional program offered in alliance with several real estate firms interested in recruiting new agents.
- A variety of continuing education options: Includes reading, PowerPoint, audio, video, and interactive exercises to help students retain information and not get bored with the program.
- Free optional real estate mentoring: When students graduate, they can access four weeks of real estate mentoring and training to help them launch their careers.
Utah Real Estate School TSG has a 4.7 out of 5 based on customer reviews. Satisfied students liked the flexible class hours and the quality of the instructors. Others said it was affordable, career services were helpful, and it was a positive environment. One student said she benefitted from the free career preparation and hands-on training.
Some negative reviews stated that they didn’t like that there was no app for them to download and do their work. One student said he didn’t feel there was enough instruction to go through the self-study course. Another student said there’s not enough career preparation after graduation. If you’re looking for the best online real estate course in Utah with career resources, consider The CE Shop.
Utah Real Estate School TSG has single broker and salesperson prelicensing courses at one price. Continuing education pricing is either per class or depends on your chosen package.
$15 to $370
Agent Professor Real Estate School: Most Affordable Utah Prelicensing Course
- No livestream
- No CE, exam prep, or post-licensing classes
- No mobile app
Our Expert Opinion on Agent Professor Real Estate School
Agent Professor Real Estate School is the best online real estate course in Utah for its affordable pricing. In addition to it being the most affordable of the Utah real estate schools on our list, it consistently provides additional discounts and a custom payment plan. Its self-paced courses include 24 months of access, accessible instructors, and free practice exams. All materials are included, so students can jump into their program and get help when needed.
The school could improve by making coursework mobile and tablet-friendly so students can access course materials anywhere. It also could offer a free course demo or preview so students can evaluate the platform and learn how it works before purchasing.
- Accreditation: UDC
- Refund/cancellation policy: The fee is non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances. Contact the school for details.
- Discounts: Agent Professor frequently runs special offers and discounts, which you can find on their website and social media pages.
- Course exam retakes: Students can retake course quizzes and the final course exam at least 24 hours after the failed attempt. Students need a passing score of 70% on the final course exam to receive their certificate.
- Custom payment plan: Agent Professor offers students the option of customizing their payments based on their circumstances and can start classes immediately. There is an initial $75 payment deducted from the total.
Agent Professor has a 4.0 out of 5 rating. A satisfied student said it’s a simple and easy-to-understand course and within her budget compared to any other online real estate course. Another student stated that it was a highly effective class that covered every aspect of the real estate profession and exciting stories to help students retain information.
An unhappy student said the website had many flaws and was slow, riddled with bugs, and would spontaneously log out. He also felt the lesson structure had too much repetition. A few dissatisfied students reported that the course materials didn’t prepare them enough for the exam. If these issues concern you, look at the Institute for Real Estate Education. It has a pass guarantee, refund guarantee, and course completion guarantee.
There is one real estate prelicensing course price. The school frequently runs discounts and offers a flexible payment plan, so check their website to determine if any discounts are available.
Harman Real Estate Academy: Best Local School With Competitive Pricing
- No exam prep, CE, or post-licensing courses
- Refund only available within 48 hours
- No pass guarantee
Our Expert Opinion on Harman Real Estate Academy
Harman Real Estate Academy is a Utah online real estate school offering prelicensing education in self-paced and in-person formats. It’s named one of the best online real estate schools in Utah because it is an affordable, hyper-local school that benefits students by receiving education from local experts. Its pricing is the second lowest in our evaluation, only $4 more than Agent Professor.
While Harman Real Estate Academy offers prep tests and exams in its Utah real estate license online course, the school could improve by providing a more comprehensive exam preparation course. Additionally, its website could benefit from a demo so students are more informed before buying.
- Accreditation: UDC
- Refund/cancellation policy: Harman offers students 48 hours to request a refund.
- In-person option: Students who prefer in-person learning can attend their course at the school. Students must complete some of the in-person content online.
- Textbooks included: All course texts are included in one low payment.
- Practice exams: Both state and national practice exams are included in the prelicensing course.
Harman Real Estate Academy receives 3.7 out of 5 based on customer reviews. Positive reviews showed reviewers appreciated the affordability and how quickly they completed the course to sit for the exam. One student said it was a smooth-running, fast-paced program that helped students complete the course from home with no pressure due to its self-paced format. Another student reported that the new platform is user-friendly and loves that it tracks student progress.
Some negative reviews said the online content was outdated, and some students felt it was boring, with too much storytelling. Several unhappy students reported that the website was glitchy, lost some of their progress, or incorrectly tracked time. The Institute for Real Estate Education frequently updates its content, so you are assured you’re getting the most recent information.
Harman Real Estate Academy offers single pricing for its prelicensing education. The school often runs discount promotions, which you can find on its Facebook and Instagram pages or by contacting the school directly.
How We Evaluated the Top Real Estate Schools in Utah
The best online real estate courses in Utah provide students with the education to start and grow in their careers. To choose the best online real estate schools, we evaluated course features, pricing, types of education offered, customer support, and customer reviews.
Our research found the Institute of Real Estate Education, with a score of 4.91 out of 5, to be the overall best online real estate license school in Utah. It earned this score due to its various course formats, available education, and reasonable pricing.
To arrive at our unbiased score of the best online real estate courses in Utah, we evaluated the following criteria:
25% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
15% of Overall Score
The availability of each level of education for different stages of licensure. This would include pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, broker prelicensing, and exam prep.
15% of Overall Score
Extending services past licensure, such as coaching and training and career assistance. Also, whether the provider offers pass or refund guarantees for its courses.
10% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
10% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
5% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Utah requires students to complete 120 hours of prelicensing education. Students typically complete their course in two to four months. If you took Utah real estate classes online, through self-paced study, you could complete a course in 15 days, working eight hours daily. However, grasping the key concepts and retaining the content is more important than speed. It’s hard to study eight hours a day and remember what you learned come exam time.
Students require different formats for learning and memory retention. Some students prefer a live in-person classroom, while others work better with quiet self-study. The benefits of a live classroom are that instructors are present to answer questions, and students can engage with peers. Also, live classrooms follow a schedule and have attendance policies, providing some accountability for completing the course. However, an online livestream course format provides the best of both worlds, where students attend a live classroom online.
The Utah real estate exam has 140 questions. It’s a two-part exam, with 50 questions covering the state portion and 90 covering general and national real estate topics. To pass the exam, salesperson candidates need a minimum score of 70%, and brokers need a minimum of 75%.