This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
The best online real estate schools in Utah provide the tools, resources, topics, support, and flexibility you need to meet the state’s 120 hours of prelicensing coursework requirement and build a successful career in real estate that helps your clients and complements your goals and lifestyle. After researching many online real estate schools in Utah, we’ve determined these are the best six schools for a variety of learning needs and experience levels:
- The CE Shop: Best for agents and brokers wanting interactive online courses for every level of their real estate career
- Agent Professor Real Estate School: Best for aspiring agents wanting the most affordable real estate prelicensing package
- Stringham Schools: Best for current and future real estate agents wanting live online course bundles
- Institute of Real Estate Education: Best for aspiring agents wanting individualized support and a first-time pass guarantee on all courses
- Harman Real Estate Academy: Best for individuals who want a combination of self-paced and live real estate prelicensing courses
- Utah Real Estate School TSG: Best for real estate professionals who need individual CE, reinstatement, or late renewal courses
Education Provided & Starting Price
Exam Prep: $69
Phone, email, and live chat
Phone and email
Phone and email
Exam Prep: $75
Phone and email
Phone and email
Exam Prep: $20
Phone and email
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Utah real estate license education: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Utah to get started.
The CE Shop: Best Overall Online Courses
The CE Shop provides the most engaging and interactive online classes for every level of real estate education. They offer prelicensing and exam prep classes for aspiring Utah real estate agents, CE for current agents, and post-licensing classes for those wishing to upgrade their license. They even offer reinstatement licensing packages for Utah real estate agents whose licenses have expired.
With a 4.7 customer review rating, it’s clear that students are more than satisfied with The CE Shop’s online courses. In fact, the only less-than-perfect ratings come from students who were unable to complete the course due to personal circumstances.
Since The CE Shop specializes in self-paced courses, there aren’t any live classes or local real estate instructors available for questions. If you’re looking for more individualized support, the Institute of Real Estate Education may be a better fit.
As a national provider, The CE Shop gives you many options for pricing and customized packages to fit any of your educational needs.
Prelicensing: Starting at $599
All prelicensing packages include the 120 required hours as well as business e-books, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, study schedules, and instructor-led webinars. Other add-ons from packages are:
- Courses-only package: $599 (includes only above items)
- Standard package: $659 includes courses, exam prep, and pass guarantee
- Value package: $699 includes everything in the packages above and a building business course
- Premium package: $805 includes everything in the packages above and 18-hour post-licensing courses
Post-licensing: Starting at $25
- Full 18-hour Utah Sales Agent Post-License Package (with Ethics course): $179
- 12-hour Utah New Agent course: $135
- Individual classes: $25 each
Continued Education: Starting at $25
- Full 18-hour Post-License Package: $179
- Nine-hour CE Core Package: $59
- 24-hour CE Reinstatement Package: $159
- 42-hour CE Reinstatement Package: $279
- Individual courses: $25 to $29 based on credit hours
Exam Prep: Starting at $69
- Salesperson or broker exam packages: Range from $69 to $119; customize your package for the national or state portion, or a combination of both
Agent Professor Real Estate School: Most Affordable Prelicensing Course
Agent Professor Real Estate School offers just one course for Utahns who aspire to become real estate agents in the Beehive State. For only $345, you receive support from instructors and current real estate professionals while fulfilling your prelicensing education and when it’s time to choose your real estate brokerage. With two full years of access to the course and great support, you have plenty of time to ask questions and make sure you feel completely confident in your knowledge and abilities before embarking on your real estate career.
Although the Agent Professor Real Estate School doesn’t offer an exam prep course, post-licensing, or CE, the prelicensing course includes free practice exams. However, some students still struggled to pass the exam. If you want to maximize your chances of passing the Utah real estate exam on the first try with a money-back pass guarantee, try The CE Shop or the Institute of Real Estate Education.
Although Agent Professor Real Estate School only offers one bundled package, it’s the most affordable real estate school for prelicensing courses on our list and includes valuable added features.
Stringham Schools: Best Live Online Course Bundles
Stringham Schools is a Utah real estate school that is extremely highly rated by the students who take their courses, and they offer live online courses for all stages of your real estate career. Not only do they offer prelicensing packages, CE, and post-licensing education, they also offer multiple options and course bundles to provide you with the education you need at the right time and the right price.
Another unique feature of Stringham Schools is flexible CE courses for Utah real estate agents seeking license renewal. After your first license renewal, you can choose from any of Stringham’s 50-plus CE course topics and pay just $10 per hour. You can also purchase a 12- or 18-hour New Agent training course to complete Utah’s post-licensing requirements.
According to online reviews, many students complete their prelicensing at Stringham Schools and continue to purchase their CE courses year after year because of the knowledgeable, helpful instructors and interesting topics. A handful of negative reviews cited technical issues that caused unnecessary frustration. While it’s impossible to completely avoid technical difficulties, The CE Shop provides a high volume of online education with minimal glitches.
Classes are offered in conjunction with national real estate education company Mbition to provide a variety of course packages as well as individual courses.
Prelicensing: Starting at $595
All course bundles include the 120-hour Sales Agent Course, technical support, choice of online or live classes, instructor-led HD video recordings produced in studio, third-party private and group tutoring, textbook, and on-scene legal scenarios.
- Sales Agent Pre-License Course: $595 (includes only above features)
- Pre-License and Exam Prep Bundle: $695 includes everything in the Sales Agent Pre-License Course plus ExamPrep Testing Preparation Program and Real Estate Agent Field Guide Legal Reference Handbook
- Pre-License Bundle and New Agent CE: $830 includes the courses above plus 12-hour new agent course, 3-hour code of ethics course, and 3-hour mandatory residential or commercial course
Post-licensing: Starting at $120
- Broker Licensing Course: $695 includes the 120-hour Broker Course, technical support, choice of online or live classes, instructor-led HD video recordings produced in studio, third-party private and group tutoring, textbook, and on-scene legal scenarios
- Broker Licensing and Exam Prep Bundle: $795 includes features from Broker Licensing Course plus ExamPrep Testing Preparation Program and Real Estate Agent Field Guide Legal Reference Handbook
Continued Education: Starting at $10 per Hour
- 12-hour New Agent Training: $120
- Online and live classes: $10 per hour
- 18-hour New Agent Bundle: $180
Institute of Real Estate Education: Best First-time Pass Guarantee
The Institute of Real Estate Education is the only school to offer a pass guarantee with every single prelicensing course. This is also the only school to offer a course completion guarantee, payment plans, and a price match guarantee. They also provide students with the most accessible support―instructors are available by email (which they answer within an hour), by phone, and even one-on-one appointments.
The extensive individualized support from the Institute of Real Estate Education is likely why they have the highest first-time pass rate in the state at 85%. And with a 4.8 customer review rating, it’s clear that they live up to their promises. Students said this course prepared them completely for the Utah real estate exam and that instructors were highly responsive. If live classes don’t suit your learning style, try The CE Shop or Utah Real Estate School TSG.
Although the Institute of Real Estate Education is a local institution, they offer bundled and individual courses that rival those offered by national competitors.
Prelicensing: Starting at $445
All prelicensing courses include 120 hours of education, reverse classroom, price match guarantee, money-back guarantee, test pass guarantee, and course completion guarantee.
- Core Package: $445 includes above only
- Pro Package: $599 includes everything in the Core Package plus three audio books
- Excel Package: $749 includes everything in the packages above plus post-licensing education
- Broker License Course
Continued Education: Starting at $10
- Six-hour CE package: $60
- Nine-hour CE package: $90
- 18-hour CE package: $180
- Individual courses: $10 to $30 based on credit hours
Exam Prep: $75
- Live Online Exam Prep Class: $75
Harman Real Estate Academy: Best Combination of Live & Online Classes
Harman Real Estate Academy is a great option if you are looking for an affordable Utah real estate prelicensing course. There is only one course, priced at $399, which is almost as inexpensive as the course offered by Agent Professor Real Estate School. You’ll have access to their self-paced course as well as optional live lectures that allow you to learn from a real estate instructor and ask specific questions.
Along with online material and live lectures, Harman Real Estate Academy’s prelicensing course includes practice exams and physical textbooks. This is a great option if you want to take the course on your own time but you still want to have access to an expert for questions and support.
Most students raved about their experience with Harman Real Estate Academy, stating that the videos were in-depth and instructors and staff were consistently helpful, although a few students experienced technical glitches. If you’re concerned about technical glitches interrupting your learning, Utah Real Estate School TSG offers extremely responsive technical support to combat any issues.
Harman Real Estate Academy only offers one option for pricing, but it is competitive with the other online real estate schools.
Utah Real Estate School TSG: Best Individual Courses
Utah Real Estate School TSG offers online real estate education for every stage of your career. You will find courses for prelicensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and special circumstances like license reinstatement, late renewals, and reciprocity.
All courses are online and self-paced and include audio, video, and interactive exercises. In addition, they offer placement assistance to help new and aspiring Utah real estate agents choose the right real estate brokerage.
Although there are no live courses, an overwhelming number of previous students noted that Utah Real Estate School TSG is extremely responsive when you have questions, whether technical or real estate-related. However, if you’d rather take live courses, check out Stringham Schools.
There is a limited selection of packages for pre- and post-licensing, but Utah Real Estate School TSG has a huge selection of individual courses for CE, at great prices.
Continued Education: Starting at $15
- 12-hour Core CE package: $100
- 18-hour License Renewal CE package: $150
- 24-hour Waiver package with State and General Exam Required: $200
- 24-hour Waiver package with State Exam Required: $200
- 30-hour Waiver package with State Exam Required: $250
- 42-hour CE package for Late License Renewal: $300
- Six-hour CE Renewal Package: $50
- Individual Core courses: $15 to $30 based on credit hours
Exam Prep: $20
How We Evaluated the Best Online Real Estate Schools in Utah
Whether you want to become a real estate agent, a real estate broker, or renew your real estate license in Utah, you must fulfill education requirements. You are required to complete 120 hours of prelicensing courses from an accredited school to earn your real estate license in Utah. You’ll also have to complete 18 hours of post-licensing education after earning your license, and you are required to take continuing education (CE) courses in order to renew your real estate license every two years.
With multiple real estate education package options for every stage of your real estate career as well as a pass guarantee and industry-leading pass rates, The CE Shop earns the top spot for best overall real estate courses in Utah. Whether you’re getting your license for the first time or completing continuing education (CE) courses for the tenth time, the CE Shop makes it easy for you to fulfill your licensing hours.
We used the following criteria when evaluating the best online real estate schools in Utah:
30% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing courses, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
25% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent, as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
15% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
10% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service for technical support and instructor assistance.