Xendoo, a technology-based online bookkeeping and accounting service, specializes in working with small businesses. It provides you access to a dedicated team of expert bookkeepers and accountants who provide bookkeeping, tax preparation, tax consulting, and filing services. With transparent pricing that’s based on your monthly expenses (starts at $395 per month for up to $50,000 monthly expenses) and catch-up bookkeeping available, Xendoo is an excellent option for businesses looking for a scalable all-in-one accounting solution.
- No free trial
- Accrual-based accounting is unavailable with Essential plan
- No invoicing and bill pay
- Custom chart of accounts is available only with the most expensive plan
- Franchise businesses: Xendoo offers expert bookkeeping for franchise businesses, and it has experience working with both new and existing franchises. It has a custom yet scalable process to integrate with yours, which includes roll-up dashboards that provide insight into revenue trends, top expenses, and most profitable franchisees. It also allows you to add multiple currency support if needed.
- Businesses that have fallen behind in their bookkeeping: It doesn’t matter if it’s a few months or a few years—your Xendoo bookkeeper will work with a dedicated team of experts to get you caught up. Each month of historical bookkeeping is peer-reviewed to ensure total accuracy.
- Ecommerce businesses: Xendoo provides multichannel ecommerce and seller marketplace accounting and will handle your bookkeeping—whether you sell on Amazon, Shopify, Etsy, Walmart, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, or any combination of these platforms. Xendoo also integrates with the most popular inventory tracking apps to help support your business.
- Xero users: Xendoo is a Xero Platinum Partner, and it also created its own proprietary software that works with Xero so that its team can give you access to real-time data. When you sign up for Xendoo’s services, you will be given access to a free Xero account.
- Businesses that need help with invoicing and paying bills: Xendoo doesn’t offer support with accounts receivable (A/R) and accounts payable (A/P)—only monthly reconciliation and reports. Read our review of Bookkeeper.com for more information about its bill pay and invoicing services.
- New businesses that require assistance with entity formation: Xendoo doesn’t offer assistance with setting up new businesses, but 1-800Accountant will prepare and file your articles of organization, file for your employer identification number (EIN), serve as your registered agent, and help ensure compliance with the IRS. To learn more, check out our 1-800Accountant review.
- Businesses seeking a basic and low-cost bookkeeping solution: Available at a lower cost than Xendoo, Merritt Bookkeeping is a cost-effective remote bookkeeping service, available at a flat rate of $190 per month. There are no restrictions on the number or amount of monthly transactions. Read our review of Merritt Bookkeeping to learn more about the solution.
- Startups: Pilot is a better option for startup companies with big plans for fast growth, as it offers not only chief financial officer (CFO) services but also Controller services. Its services are built around the needs of startups backed by venture capitalists. Your Pilot Controller can assist with cost of goods sold (COGS) categorization, revenue recognition best practices, and other services as needed. To learn more, check out our Pilot review.
If you’re looking for do-it-yourself (DIY) bookkeeping software, we suggest checking out our evaluation of the best small business accounting software.
Best for: Businesses that need assistance with invoicing and bill pay
Best for: Businesses seeking a basic and low-cost bookkeeping solution
Best for: Startups looking for CFO and controller services
Best for: Businesses that require assistance with entity formation
Cost: Starts at $399 per month
Cost: Flat fee of $190 per month
Cost: Starts at $499 per month
Cost: Starts at $0 for new businesses looking to file a limited liability company (LLC)
Xendoo at a Glance
Xero and QuickBooks Online users, franchises, and ecommerce businesses
Supported Bookkeeping Software
Xero and QuickBooks Online
$395 to $995 per month
Assigned a Personal Bookkeeper?
Phone, email, and live chat
Monthly Account Reconciliations & Financial Statements
Back-Office Services, Such as Customer Invoicing and Bill Pay
Full-service Payroll Available
Available via Gusto integration (Read our review of Gusto)
Tax & Consulting Services Available
Xendoo offers a choice of three subscription plans, which are based on the monthly expenses of your business and the number of bank and credit card accounts connected. Custom plans are available for those with more than $125,000 in monthly expenses. Xendoo’s services are pay as you go and are charged at the beginning of your subscription term. A discount of 10% is offered if you sign up on an annual basis, and a 30-day notice is required for cancellation.
Monthly Expenses Limit
Number of Bank Card/Credit Card Accounts
Up to 4
Up to 6
Up to 12
Number of Integrations Allowed
Dedicated Bookkeeping Team
Semi-Annual Tax Consultation
Custom Chart of Accounts
Essential, the lowest plan, starts at $395 per month for $50,000 of monthly expenses. While this is a competitive price for that size company, businesses with substantially lower expenses than $50,000 monthly might be able to find a better value elsewhere.
- Catch-up bookkeeping: Starts at $295 per month
- Fractional CFO services: Starts at $1,500 per month
- Tax services: $1,200 per year; includes year-round tax support, a year-end financial package, and filing of business tax returns (Forms 1040, 1065, 1120, and 1120-S).
- Money-back guarantee: If after 30 days of working with Xendoo, you’re unsatisfied with your bookkeeping team and don’t see the guaranteed results, Xendoo will refund the fee for your first month. To qualify, you must have completed the onboarding workshop and provided all documentation as requested, plus services must have gone live within one week of the start date.
- Bank and credit card reconciliation: Xendoo will categorize your expenses and reconcile your bank accounts on a weekly basis.
- Financial statements: Every month, Xendoo will prepare your financial statements and meet to discuss them if you wish.
- Catch-up bookkeeping: In addition to the monthly services, Xendoo offers catch-up bookkeeping starting at $295 per month for past bookkeeping and prior years’ tax returns. Upon approving the scope of work, the catch-up services will be billed at the agreed-upon rate, and no refunds will be issued once the work has been completed and delivered.
- Integrations for ecommerce: Whether you’re selling on one platform or multiple marketplaces, Xendoo integrates with Amazon, Shopify, Walmart, Etsy, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and eBay.
- Dedicated bookkeeper: Your dedicated bookkeeper is available for any questions or to review transactions as needed. They’ll record all of your bank and credit card transactions, reconcile your statements to ensure that every transaction has been recorded, and send you financial reports monthly.
- Multiple companies: If you have more than one business, you can add multiple companies within the same account, and Xendoo will manage the books for all of them.
- Franchise support: Xendoo can address the needs of franchises with accurate reporting based on a customized chart of accounts and support for multiple currencies. You also gain access to roll-up dashboards and group benefits such as group training sessions and webinars.
- Payroll integration: Xendoo integrates with Gusto, which helps you manage your employee information, benefits, and deductions. You can process payroll, file payroll taxes and forms, and process W-2s for employees.
Do you want to see how Xendoo matches up against other virtual bookkeeping services? Read our guide to the best online bookkeeping services.
This initial signup process takes about four minutes. It should be mostly seamless since the platform integrates well with popular small business accounting software, such as QuickBooks and Xero. Once you enroll, Xendoo will schedule a short onboarding call of about 30 minutes with you and will need your year-to-date balance sheet and profit and loss (P&L) statement—or you can discuss catch-up work if needed.
Your dedicated bookkeeper will set everything up and connect your accounts. The portal is available 24/7, and you can access it at any time. If you ever decide to leave Xendoo, you can take your file with you so that your new financial partner can pick up where it left off. Your books will be reconciled weekly, and your bookkeeper will maintain consistent communication with you. You’ll be sent reports monthly, and they can be customized based on the needs of your business.
Unlike some services, such as QuickBooks Live, you can’t meet with your bookkeeper via video conference. Your bookkeeper is available during normal business hours by phone, email, and chat.
Business tax preparation and filings are available with all plans for an additional fee of $1,200 per year. Whether you’re a sole proprietor, corporation, S-corporation (S-corp), or partnership, Xendoo will file and prepare and file your tax return for the same low price. It has tax experts who are well-versed in the requirements of each and will help you navigate your next tax season accurately. They’ll also file your personal taxes if needed.
Xendoo’s sales tax experts will prepare and file your taxes accurately and on time so that you stay compliant. They’ll also give you plenty of advance notice so that you can ensure that funds are available.
Small businesses without a CFO can take advantage of Xendoo’s fractional CFO services starting at $1,500 per month.
Xendoo Customer Service
Your dedicated bookkeeper is readily available via phone, email, and live chat from the standard business hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. With advance notice, they can speak with you after-hours as well. If, for any reason, your regular bookkeeper is unavailable, another bookkeeper on its team will be able to assist you.
Xendoo offers free online resources such as frequently asked questions (FAQs), free calculators, and eBooks about topics such as cash flow and planning. It also hosts a blog and playbooks with strategies, news, and ideas for growing businesses.
Xendoo Mobile App
Available for both iOS and Android, Xendoo’s mobile app works seamlessly with the service and allows you to send and receive important financial documents with your dedicated bookkeeper, such as IRS notices, prior tax returns, and copies of checks. You can also access your monthly balance sheet, P&L statement, tax returns, and payroll returns right from the app. You can opt to receive push notifications when your tax documents are ready to view and reminders of how much sales tax is due and when.
After month-end, Xendoo will send your P&L and balance sheet by the fifth business day of the following month. The reports can be reviewed, downloaded, and shared from the desktop portal and mobile app. You can access these reports from your dashboard, and you can also review your sales tax returns and sales tax confirmations. If your business needs customized reporting, Xendoo can work with you to provide that as well.
Xendoo reviews show its dashboard is user-friendly and easy to navigate. Users also praised the responsiveness of the customer support team, the transparency of fees, the available tax services, and the accuracy of services. There are no major complaints about Xendoo, which earned the following average scores based on popular review sites:
- Bark1: 5.0 out of 5 based on around 35 reviews
- Google: 4.4 out of 5 based on more than 50 reviews
- Birdeye2: 4.0 out of 5 based on more than 85 reviews
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Xendoo partners with Gusto for payroll services and offers customers a 15% discount plus two months free. Gusto is a cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource (HR) management software company. In addition to offering support for employees, its payroll services include features for issuing and filing 1099s.
You’re welcome to reach out to your bookkeeper whenever you need them, and they’re available by phone, email, and text during normal business hours and after hours by appointment. It’s possible to set up monthly calls to review financials as well. They’ll reach out to you if they have any questions about your transactions.
Currently, modified accrual accounting is available with the Growth and Scale plans. If you need full accrual accounting, you can contact Xendoo to find out about a custom plan. Modified accrual accounting includes loans payable and month-end inventory adjustments, and reports include A/R and A/P if you utilize invoicing and bill pay in Xero or QuickBooks Online. It doesn’t include deferred revenue, prepaid expenses, prepaid insurance, and other accruals. A year-end entry for depreciation and amortization is made if Xendoo files the company’s tax return.
Xendoo will assign one dedicated bookkeeper to your account. They’re supported by a full bookkeeping team to ensure your books are up to date and compliant. The team will assist you if your bookkeeper is unavailable.
If you elect to sign up for an annual contract, you can cancel anytime with a 30-day notice.
Xendoo offers expert bookkeeping and tax services and one-click access to your financials via an online portal and mobile app. Using QuickBooks or Xero, it reconciles your books digitally to provide your business with financial reporting so that you can stay on top of its financial health. Bookkeeping services are available for a flat monthly fee, and you can even opt for catch-up bookkeeping. Tax preparation, filing, and planning services can be added to any plan for an additional fee.
User review references: