The best press release distribution services give your story wide exposure and help you reach your intended audience. Some even make your job easier with multi-language releases, direct-to-journalist emails, and in-house writing. We analyzed dozens of press release services to find the best options for small businesses based on features, services, and value for the price.
- Top pick overall and best multi-release packages: EIN Presswire
- Most precise audience targeting: Newswire
- Largest database of U.S. media contacts: eReleases
- Most comprehensive report analytics: PRWeb (Cision)
- Cheapest distribution and writing services: IssueWire
- Best for multi-language distribution: Globe Newswire
- Best for direct-to-journalist pitches: Prowly
- Best for brand-building with white labeled releases: Linking News
- Best custom press release distribution plans: PR Distribution
Best Press Release Distribution Services at a Glance
PR Distribution Service
EIN Presswire: Best Overall & Best Multi-release Bundles
- No proofreading or writing services
- Only one embedded image on the cheapest plan (up to five with IssueWire)
- Only one embedded video on all plans
- Affordable press release distribution
- As low as $40 for multiple press release distribution
- Announcements requiring same-day distribution
- Publishers wanting a distribution report showing placements and reprints
- Longer press releases—from 700- to 1,500-word count limits
- Video press releases, as multimedia embedding is included at no cost
With plans starting at $99.95 for a single press release, EIN Presswire is one of the most affordable PR distribution services in the market. Send your news out to various high-quality media channels worldwide, from print and TV to social media, and target distribution by industry or location, all in just a few hours. Turnaround is fast—you’ll get a report within two hours of submission.
Embedding media in your story is free with EIN Presswire, making it an excellent option for those wanting to send a video news release. You are limited to just one image in the Basic plan, so if you want to include multiple images, check out IssueWire instead, as you can include up to five images with any plan, including the free one.
Affordability, reach, and quick turnaround make EIN Presswire our best pick overall, but they don’t offer proofreading or press release writing services. For an all-in-one writing and distribution solution, choose eReleases, which tops our list of the best press release writing services.
Pricing & Features
EIN Presswire offers plans ranging from $99.95 for a single press release to $399 to distribute 10 press releases or $999 for 50 press releases. No matter which plan you purchase, you must use it within 365 days (one year). Learn more about what’s included in the tabs below.
Newswire: Best Plans for Audience Targeting
- Fairly low word count limit (500)
- Video embedding and social media distribution costs extra
- Only one image included
- Same-day distribution isn’t guaranteed
- Multi-layer targeting to reach a very precise audience as well as wide distribution
- Small businesses wanting to avoid press release mistakes and embarrassing errors (three-tier editorial process)
- Distribution to major news outlets (Google News, Associated Press, Yahoo News)
- Data-driven publicity and marketing professionals wanting detailed engagement analytics, integration with Google Analytics, and a report showing all placements
- Companies needing to comply with financial regulations (financial press releases up to 1,200 words starting from $899)
- International press release distribution with options for Canada, the United Kingdom (UK), Asia Pacific, Latin America, or Global distribution from $899 to $1,999
Newswire is among the most well-known press release distribution services worldwide. Its best feature is its precise distribution targeting—you can distribute your news release regionally, state-wide, nationally, or internationally, or even target by industry via trade publications. This makes Newswire the best choice for businesses needing highly targeted distribution services.
Newswire also has a three-tier editorial process across all plans to ensure your story is well-written and error-free, plus separate press release writing services for $350. It also offers same-day distribution for press releases submitted during the company’s business hours. For rush publishing, you can expedite distribution for $175.
In addition to the U.S. press release services detailed in the pricing section below, Newswire offers a distribution service specifically for financial institutions starting from $899. It also has international press release distribution in a number of regions and globally:
- Canada (from $899)
- UK (from $899)
- Asia Pacific (from $1,299)
- Latin America (from $1,299)
- Global (from $1,999)
Newswire Pricing & Features
On the whole, Newswire’s plans are costlier compared to others on this list, but it may be worth it for businesses seeking precise targeting options. Learn about each plan by clicking the tabs below, and keep in mind the word count limit for all plans is 500—you can go over the limit, but it will increase your costs.
eReleases: Widest Press Release Distribution to US Media
- International targeting is not guaranteed and costs extra
- Low word count of 400 on base plan ($150 for each additional 100 words)
- Services are on the pricier side
- Same-day distribution and media embedding cost extra
- Those wanting the most extensive reach can send their story to nearly 2 million media contacts, including journalists, editors, and social media influencers and 30,000 plus media outlets (TV, radio, print, and digital)
- Small businesses wanting to target distribution by industry, state, or audience interest
- Companies wanting announcements to be easily discoverable online as all plans have search engine optimization (SEO) included
- Concise press releases that can be contained in 400 words or less
- Those wanting highly experienced publicity and media professionals to write a press release for them ($300 writing services add-on)
- Stories that don’t require same-day distribution
When it comes to mass release distribution in the U.S., eReleases is hard to beat. With a track record of more than 20 years, they boast a database approaching 2 million media contacts, from major news websites and trade publications to regional news outlets and social media influencers.
This makes eReleases best for small businesses seeking the widest possible exposure for their story. In addition, AP (Associated Press) newswire distribution is included for those sending AP-style press releases to increase the odds of getting professional media coverage.
Besides the database of industry-specific publications, you can also opt to target influencers and journalists based on their areas of interest and expertise. These contacts sign up to specifically receive these press releases, so you can rest assured that your story won’t just end up in any spam folder.
eReleases offers writing services as an add-on for $300, making it a good solution for anyone who doesn’t know how to write a press release. Writing is provided by experienced public relations (PR) experts, giving your story a better chance of getting additional coverage.
eReleases Pricing & Features
Like Newswire, eReleases doesn’t have the most budget-friendly entry-tier plan (for these, try EIN Presswire or IssueWire instead). However, you can send your release directly to a curated list of journalists and influencers who will most likely be interested in your story as an add-on for the first two plans. Learn more in the tabs below.
PRWeb by Cision: Best Analytics for Data-driven Teams
- No same-day distribution, regional targeting, or writing services
- No syndication in the base plan
- Social posts and journalist emails cost more
- No same-day distribution
- Quite expensive compared to others
- Data-driven teams wanting real-time analytics reporting for media pickups, potential audience size, press release views, search visibility, multimedia engagement, click-through rates, traffic sources, and social media shares
- Placement on PRWeb and PR Newswire industry feeds (both are Cision companies)
- Findability of your story with expert search engine optimization (SEO) tagging
- Announcements with multiple media attachments (no limits)
PRWeb stands out by offering comprehensive analytics and reporting of where your press releases are published, along with metrics for traffic, engagement, and audience data. It also offers reports in real time, making it the best press release distribution service for analytics and reporting—a good fit for data-driven teams.
PRWeb offers distribution targeting features, but they aren’t as comprehensive as those offered by EIN Presswire or Newswire. Also, while the base plan starts at $105, it doesn’t include any syndicated placements.
PRWeb offers industry-targeted distribution via email sends to journalists as add-ons or in higher plan tiers. But there’s no regional or statewide targeting, and press releases are only distributed to digital media outlets. The fastest turn time (24 hours) is limited to its two highest-tier plans, so if speed is of the essence, EIN Presswire would be better.
PRWeb has an ace analytics and reporting system, but it isn’t an all-in-one solution for all-in-one press release writing and distribution. Its specific feature set makes it best for digital-first businesses prioritizing data reporting and analytics.
PRWeb Pricing & Features
PRWeb pricing is not published on the website, but if you create a free account, you can see the plan pricing. Click the tabs below to see what we found. Social posts ($105) and additional direct-to-journalist emails ($215 per list) are available as add-ons with most plans.
IssueWire: Cheapest Press Release Distribution Services
- Displays IssueWire ads on all but two highest tiers
- Free plan doesn’t guaranteed Google indexing or any placements
- No targeting options
- Only English language press releases
- Can’t guarantee same-day distribution
- Those looking for a free press release distribution service
- Price-conscious startups and small businesses wanting cost controls to get the most reach on a limited budget
- Companies wanting low-cost distribution with guaranteed placement in up to 300+ media outlets, including Google, Yahoo!, Google News, Bing News, and Apple News, plus major news broadcasters and finance networks
- Free embedding for images and videos
- Press releases that are easy to find online (SEO and social media blasts on all plans)
- Low-cost bundles for multi-press release plans
- Super-cheap press release writing services—from $10
IssueWire offers the cheapest press release distribution plans, including one that’s free. However, the free plan and first two paid tiers display ads and don’t include any media placements. Small businesses looking for the most credibility and reach should opt for either the Tier 2 or Tier 2 Pro plan—both are still comparably affordable at $45 and $65, respectively.
Like EIN Presswire, IssueWire’s plans for multiple press release distributions are more cost-effective than their single-release plans. All plans include SEO, four hyperlinks, five images and one video, and social media blasts. However, IssueWire can only guarantee up to 300-plus placements at most, so it may not be the best choice if maximum exposure is your top priority.
IssueWire offers cheap writing services, making our list of the best press release writing services. Prices start from $10 for 200 words optimized and written for your industry. They also offer same-day distribution for stories submitted during business hours, given that they also pass their editorial review within that time frame.
One thing lacking with IssueWire is targeted distribution for your release (although you can contact them about custom solutions). For more precise targeting by location or industry, Newswire or eReleases offer better solutions.
IssueWire Pricing & Features
IssueWire’s pricing is some of the most affordable, ranging from free to $65 at the highest tier. The first three plans, while affordable, display ads on press releases, so the Tier 2 or Tier 2 Pro plan is better for small businesses when budgets allow. Learn more in the tabs below.
Globe Newswire: Best Multi-language Distribution
- No clear pricing, entirely dependent on your project and PR needs
- Low user ratings on third-party review sites like TrustRadius
- Companies wanting to publish in multiple countries and regions
- Full translation and editorial services available 24/7
- Media-heavy press releases that can benefit from the media types supported by the platform
- AI-press release generator for fast content generation
- Data-oriented businesses looking for post-distribution reports and performance analytics
Globe Newswire is one of the largest distribution networks among press release distribution services. Publishing in more than 150 countries, Globe Newswire is known for its global audience. An editorial support team available 24/7 will aid you through copyediting and ensuring that nothing gets lost in translation—making Globe Newswire one of the most reliable multi-language distribution services for press releases.
Globe Newswire offers custom industry-specific distribution lists. After distribution, the service also includes performance analytics to measure the return on investment (ROI) and other key performance indicators (KPIs). Some of the services that Globe Newswire highlights in their platform include disclosure and regulatory filing experts, a solid range of media snippets for press releases, and full-service translation services.
Some of Globe Newswire’s other services that you can purchase include social listening and media monitoring, media analysis, online newsrooms, and access to their media contacts database. An exciting new feature that has been made available for Globe Newswire customers is the artificial intelligence (AI) press release generator, which allows users to craft press releases in a matter of minutes.
Globe Newswire Pricing & Features
The glaring issue with Globe Newswire is its lack of transparency in pricing. Although some businesses prefer custom prices, it is difficult to gauge a starting cost since it will depend on the industry, press release content, time range, and more. For businesses with stricter budgets and the need for fixed pricing, try EIN Presswire or IssueWire instead.
Prowly: Best for Multiple Releases & Emailing Journalists Directly
- Costs increase based on the number of contacts in your account
- No writing services
- Limits on monthly email sends
- First paid plan still has Prowly branding
- Identifying journalists who would be interested in your press release and getting their contact info
- Reaching out to journalists and media professionals directly by email
- Crafting pitches that increase the odds of gaining coverage
- Simplifying the process of press release formatting with an online press release generator
- Stories with high word counts (no limit)
- Small businesses wanting to build brand credibility with an online newsroom
- Publicity and marketing professionals wanting to track media mentions for brands
- Those who aren’t interested in syndicated placements on newswires (distribution is email only)
Prowly is unique for being an all-in-one media building platform—it has features for everything from press release creation to media contact management, plus a host of other helpful PR tools. There aren’t writing services, but Prowly does have a drag-and-drop press release generator tool with helpful templates for multiple types of press releases.
You’ll also have the option to add photos and attachments at no extra cost, and there are no word count limits on press releases. Finally, with unlimited press release sends, Prowly’s a great choice for businesses planning on sending multiple press releases each month—just be sure not to exceed its monthly email caps.
Beyond its press release tool, one of Prowly’s best features is its database of over 1 million local and international media contacts and journalists. It also has filters that help target the right journalists for each press release, and a unique contact relationship management (CRM) tool for easy organization and management of media contacts.
Finally, Prowly also offers a smart media pitching tool that lets you distribute your press releases directly to journalists’ inboxes and gain insight into your emails. Alternatively, you can also publish in your online newsroom—this acts as an all-in-one resource center about your company for journalists, which you can customize with your own domain, branding, and social media integrations.
Prowly Pricing & Features
Pricing for Prowly starts as low as $293 per month with annual billing and a seven-day free trial. This gives you access to all of Prowly’s tools and press release analytics, but with an email limit of 3,000 emails per month for up to two users. An additional $100 lets you access 1,000 Prowly contacts, while $150 lets you access 3,000. See what’s included in each plan below.
Linking News: Best White Label Press Release Distribution
- No options for targeting, unlike EIN Presswire and Newswire
- No writing services, unlike IssueWire and eReleases
- Distribution takes one-two days—no same-day services offered
- Startups, small businesses, and companies that want maximum brand exposure through white-labeled, unbranded press releases
- Those wanting to fine-tune the look and structure of their press release using an easy, word processor-like press release submission tool
- Stories that don’t require immediate distribution (24- to 48-hour turnaround time)
- Brands looking for wide national and international distribution—330,000+ media outlets
Linking News is the best white label press release distribution company on our list. White labeling removes the distribution company’s branding on your press release, placing your brand front and center and making your story look more credible and professional. It’s an excellent option for building brand presence, especially for small businesses or startups looking for aggressive growth or trying to get funding via a strong PR strategy.
While great for sending unbranded press releases, Linking News doesn’t offer much else compared to other providers. For example, there are no targeting options, so your story isn’t guaranteed to reach a specific audience. Nor do they offer press release writing services. They do have post-distribution reports, but the website is unclear about the specific metrics included.
Linking News Pricing & Features
At $159, it’s not the cheapest option for publishing a media release, but it is still less expensive than many on this list. Plus, it’s significantly less costly than adding white labeling to an equivalent plan on PR Distribution, which costs upward of $220. Click the tabs below to find out what comes in each plan.
PR Distribution: Best for Custom Press Release Distribution
- No hyperlocal targeting
- Distributes to 125+ websites at most
- Same-day turn only for Google News
- No guarantees on release schedules
- Analytics cost more
- Public relations professionals who want to build custom distribution plans for targeting, placements, network types, or multi-release bundles
- Those wanting an affordable press release plan starting cost ($99) with guaranteed placements
- Extensive (national, regional, local, and industry) targeting options
- Plans inclusive of no-limit word counts, performance reports, multimedia embedding, and social media syndication
- International placements and distribution to broadcast and cable TV networks on higher plans—good option for those wanting to get a story in the news
PR Distribution’s best feature is its wide variety of solutions that suit nearly any priority. It offers small-scale plans that distribute to 50-plus websites up to larger multi-wire plans that send to major global media outlets. You can also choose specific plans to add to your cart to create custom bundles that best serve your needs. All plans include sharing to social media, Google News, and the Digital Journal.
PR Distribution also stands out for being an all-in-one press release service. You can purchase writing services starting at $149 or bundled plans for press release writing, distribution, and management at $199. There’s also no limit to how many words your release can have, which few other services offer. You can also opt for white-labeling as an add-on for a completely unbranded press release that puts your brand front and center.
However, the biggest drawback with PR Distribution is the lack of regional or state-wide send-outs—you’ll only have the option to target by industry. If you need same-day distribution, you’ll also need to pay an extra fee for expedited services, unlike other distributors that offer it for free.
PR Distribution Pricing & Features
Below, you’ll find a sampling of the type of adventure you can build for yourself with PR Distribution. Get guaranteed website distribution for $99 to $399 and wire placements from $799 up. Create custom options with multi-release bundling, the types of networks you want to target, and more. We included representative examples, but you’ll have a ton more options to choose from on the platform.
How We Evaluated the Best Press Release Service
The best providers make it easy and affordable for small businesses to send out professional media announcements that reach their desired target audience. To evaluate the best press release distribution services, we compared prices, features, and services to determine which services provide the best value for small businesses.
Here are the criteria used to evaluate the best press release services:
- Budget-friendliness for small businesses and startups
- Number of syndication outlets
- Ability to send to journalists and editorial staff by email
- Audience targeting capabilities and options
- Minimum and maximum press release word count
- Allowed multimedia inclusions
- Extra services like proofreading, editing, and writing
- Publishing, tracking, and analytics reporting
Top Reasons to Go With Paid Distribution vs DIY
The do-it-yourself (DIY) route with press releases can be more affordable, but press release distribution services have more than their fair share of benefits that make them better for PR. From a wider reach to better credibility, choosing to work with a press release distribution service can amplify the impact of your press releases.
- Wider reach: Paid distribution services already have established networks and partnerships with media outlets, journalists, influencers, news aggregators, and more. Purchasing their services will allow you to tap into their extensive reach and gain exposure to a larger number of potential readers or viewers.
- Targeted distribution: Since PR distribution services are commonly handled by PR experts, they often offer advanced targeting options right off the bat to reach specific industries or demographics. Making sure your press releases are being seen by the right people increases the chances of getting your story on the news and generating audience engagement.
- Improved credibility: Journalists and media professionals often look to trusted distribution channels as a source for their content. This means that not only does paid distribution help lend legitimacy to your press release, but it also improves your chances of gaining media attention.
- Analytics and tracking: Press release services often offer post-distribution reports and analytics that give insights into how well your press release performed. The metrics in these reports can help you refine your PR strategy to improve campaign performance in the future.
- Resource efficiency: Looking for and reaching media contacts and outlets is not only time-consuming, it can also lead to multiple dead-ends. A press release service for small business can handle the logistics of finding and contacting outlets, making it possible to redirect PR efforts into other channels as well.
For more detailed instructions on how to prep your announcement and sift through distribution options, read through our guide on how to send a press release.
Key Considerations When Choosing a Distribution Service
Cost is usually a top consideration, especially for small businesses and startups that want to issue press releases to build brand awareness, publicity, and sales. However, other key factors would make one press release service better for your needs vs others, such as:
- Distribution speed: If time is of the essence (like with a crisis management press release), then look for press release companies that offer same-day distribution options.
- Targeting capabilities: Being able to target your distribution geographically, by audience interest, or by industry makes it more likely to reach your intended audience and intrigue journalists who cover stories for the same type of audience.
- Placement guarantees: It’s important to consider the types of newswires, networks, and media outlets you want your press release to be published on, and look for services with plans that provide guaranteed placements. In addition, note whether your press release will only be online for a short period or in perpetuity.
- Ability to add hyperlinks: Usually, backlinks to your website will be set to “no follow” when published on a newswire or media outlet, which limits search engine optimization (SEO) value. However, they still facilitate web traffic to your site, which brings interested readers your way (and the extra traffic positively impacts your website’s SEO).
- Ability to embed multi-media: Images and video add interest and engagement to press releases, and visuals increase press release visibility by 92% to over 552% (PR Daily study).
- Direct-to-journalist emails: Journalists are always looking for stories to cover, so many subscribe to general or industry-specific emails from platforms like EIN Presswire and eReleases. Look for distribution services that send your story directly to their subscribers in addition to mass distribution.
- Editorial support: No one wants to send an announcement to the public sphere only to find that their press release was published with typos, grammatical errors, or less-than-stellar formatting, headlines, and structure. To ensure a good press release stands out, tap into services that come with professional editing and reviews.
- Add-on services: Do you want help writing or formatting your press release? Various services offer writing services as an add-on or provide a press release generator and editing tools to make it easier to write a high-quality, properly formatted, and compelling press release that gets covered.
Learn more about how to set your press release up for success with these press release best practices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The average cost to distribute a press release starts at around $100 with leading services, but depending on the features you want, it could be over $1,000. Alternatively, you can issue a press release for free on your own or with a free service like PRLog. However, for precise audience targeting, extensive reach, and guaranteed placements, it’s best to opt for paid distribution.
The best way to distribute a press release is to use a professional service offering mass placements and targeting to reach your audience. However, you can also build a media contact list and pitch your story directly to journalists by email. You can amplify your story further by sending it out in email newsletters to customers, posting a link to it on social media, and reaching out to bloggers and influencers who might want to share it with their audience.
You can use a free service like IssueWire for distribution at no cost. However, remember that free distribution services are feature-limited and might not get your news in front of the right audience. Other free ways to distribute press releases are to submit them to journalists and media outlets via web forms or email, post them on your website, and link them on social media.
When your business has a story to tell, finding the best way to get your news out is critical. While determining which distribution platform to use depends on your specific business needs, our top pick overall for small businesses is EIN Presswire. They offer the best mix of guaranteed syndicated placements, industry and journalist targeting, and value for speed, word count, and media inclusions, all starting under $100.