Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business
Travel rewards and annual spending less than $19,000
- Introductory reward worth $200 in travel after you spend $3,000 within the first three months
- 1.5x miles per $1 spent
- 5x miles on hotel and rental car bookings through the issuer
- Issue employee cards for free
- No foreign transaction fees
- Interest-free financing on purchases
- No 0% APR balance transfer offer
- Limited list of airline partners
- Purchase assurance: Most purchases made entirely with your card are covered if damaged or stolen within 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder account per 12 month period.
- Extended warranty coverage: Doubles the original warranty time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum of 12 months on most items you purchase.
- Travel medical emergency assitance: Provide referrals to medical services if you have a medical emergency while traveling. You’re covered if you’re 100 or more miles away from home and from the day you leave until midnight of the 60th day of your trip, or the day you return to your city of residence, whichever is sooner.
Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business is an excellent travel credit card that offers unlimited 1.5 miles on every business-related purchase with zero annual fee. There are no blackouts, seat restrictions, or required minimum miles to redeem. This business credit card allows you to transfer miles to any of its travel partners.
Who Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business Is Best For
- Owners who have an annual credit card spending of $19,000 or less: With the no-annual fee Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business, you will earn $285 in rewards if you spend $19,000 for one year. If you have more than $19,000 in annual credit card expenses, you would benefit more from the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business.
- Owners who often travel for business: Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business offers 5x miles on hotel and rental car bookings through Capital One Travel℠ using this Capital One rewards card account.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading fixed-rate travel rewards small business credit cards like the Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business, we weigh ongoing rewards heaviest. We rate introductory rewards as slightly less important, but it’s still the second biggest factor. We also take into consideration the annual fee, introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and additional features.
Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business Fees
- Introductory APR: 0% on purchases for nine months
- Ongoing APR: 13.99%, 19.99% or 23.99% variable, which changes with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: None
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: $10 or 3%, whichever is greater; cash advance APR is 24.49% variable
Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business Rewards
- Unlimited 1.5x miles on every purchase, with no blackouts or seat restrictions and no minimum to redeem.
- 5x miles per dollar for hotel and car rental bookings made through Capital One Travel℠. Purchases made outside of Capital One Travel℠, such as hotel incidentals, upgrades or other expenses, will not earn 5 miles per dollar but will receive the standard purchase earn rate.
Welcome offer: Earn a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles, equivalent to $200 in travel, when you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening.
You can redeem your rewards to book flights, rent cars, and pay for hotel stays plus past travel purchases within 90 days from the date the travel purchase. You can also redeem your rewards as cash back in the form of a statement credit or check by mail or as gift cards at restaurants, retailers, or hotels.
Your rewards may be worth more in free travel when you transfer to one of Capital One’s partners. You can transfer your miles to select loyalty programs, including Air Canada, JetBlue, AeroMexico, Emirates Skywards, Qantas, and Qatar Airways.
Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business Features
Your purchased items will be protected against theft or damage within the first 90 days of your purchase. This coverage is limited to $10,000 per incident and $50,000 per year. Some transactions are not included in this coverage, such as the purchase of animals, living plants, computer software, collectible items, jewelry, medical equipment, perishables, preowned items, and more.
Extended Warranty Protection
The extended warranty protection on the Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business card provides coverage on warranties of three years or less. It will double the length of the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to one additional year. The coverage is limited to $10,000 per item and $50,000 per year. Items not covered with this protection include computer software, medical equipment, real estate, preowned items, motorized vehicles, leased items, preowned items, and items purchased for resale.
Travel Accident Insurance
The travel accident insurance is available through Visa® Signature Business Benefits and offers up to $250,000 for you, your spouse, and unmarried dependent children. It covers accidental loss of life, limb, sight, speech or hearing while riding as a passenger in, or entering or exiting any licensed common carrier. It does not cover any losses resulting from emotional trauma, mental or physical illness, suicide, intentionally self-inflicted injuries, war, and travel between the insured person’s residence and regular place of employment.
Lost Baggage Reimbursement
The lost baggage reimbursement is only available through the Visa® Signature Business Benefits. It covers the value of your checked luggage or carry-on baggage up to $3,000 per trip. New York residents will only receive coverage up to $2,000.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Capital One offers rental car insurance that protects you against damage due to collision or theft. The coverage is primary when you use the car for business purposes, which means that you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept insurance offered by the rental agency. Capital One may reimburse you up to the cash value of the car. Rentals of 31 consecutive days or less are eligible.
Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
Capital One allows you to access a 24-hour hotline that can connect you to a travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance. This service is also available to family members or business employees. You will be responsible for the cost of any goods or services provided.
Price Protection Plan
You can receive a price difference refund if you see a previously purchased item listed at a lower price in another store’s printed advertisement within 60 days. This coverage is limited to $500 per item and $2,500 per account. Capital One’s price protection plan is an additional feature that you can only receive through Visa® Signature Business Benefits.
Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business Alternatives
Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Credit Card
Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee
American Express® Business Gold Card
American Express® Business Gold Card
Maximizing rewards in the two categories where you spend the most
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Terms Apply.
- Earn up to $300 in statement credits on eligible U.S. advertising and U.S. shipping purchases. Terms and cap apply.
- MORE REWARDS: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month. 1X is earned for other purchases. **
- **4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*
- AIRLINE BONUS: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option with interest to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.*
- *Terms Apply
- Earn 4x points in two categories every month
- Pay eligible charges over time with interest, or pay your balance in full monthly
- You’ll pay a high annual fee of $295
- No interest-free financing opportunities
- Premium roadside assistance: Free of charge up to four times a year. You can receive towing up to 10 miles, winching, jump starts, flat tire change, lockout service when the key is in the vehicle, and delivery of up to two gallons of gas
- Return protection: American Express will refund you for eligible purchases when the store doesn’t accept returns of undamaged items. Coverage is limited to 90 days from purchase, up to $300 per item, and up to a maximum of $1,000 per year.
- Baggage insurance: If your baggage is lost, damaged, or stolen, you’re eligible for coverage of up to $1,250 for carry-on luggage and $500 for checked bags
- Extended warranty: Receive one additional year of coverage on purchases with eligible warranties of five years or less
- Purchase protection: Covers new purchases against damage or theft within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per incident.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Earning top rewards on travel purchases booked through Bank of America
9 billing cycles
- Earn 30,000 bonus points when you make at least $3,000 in net purchases within 90 days of your account opening which can be redeemed for a $300 statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all purchases everywhere, every time-no matter how much you spend. Points don't expire.
- Earn 3 points per every dollar spent on travel purchases (car, hotel, airline) booked through the Bank of America® Travel Center.
- No annual fee and no international transaction fees.
- 0% Introductory APR on purchases for your first 9 billing cycles.
- Redeem points for travel with no blackout dates, cash back or gift cards.
- Get 75% more points on the base earn of every purchase you make when you’re a Preferred Rewards for Business Platinum Honors tier member. That means you will earn 2.62 points for every $1 you spend and 4.12 points per every $1 you spend at the Bank of America® Travel Center.
- 3x points on travel
- 0% APR on purchases
- No blackout dates on travel
- Low ongoing rewards on non-travel
- Low introductory bonus
- No 0% APR on balance transfers
Bank of American does not disclose details of its additional card features. To find out more about these additional features, review your guide to benefits when you receive your card in the mail.
Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business is best for business owners who prefer to earn fixed-rate rewards for all business-related purchases with no annual fee. Business owners who spend $19,000 or less annually and often travel for business will benefit more from this travel rewards credit card. Check out our list of the top credit cards to find other cards that may be a better fit for you.