Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days, and earn an additional 10,000 miles after a purchase is made on an employee card in the first 90 days
- Earn a one-time 50% discount on one companion pass
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles with $50,000-$99,999 in annual purchases, OR 40,000 bonus miles with $100,000 or more in annual purchases
- Earn 3x miles on Hawaiian Airlines purchases
|INTRO APR||REGULAR APR||ANNUAL FEE||CREDIT NEEDED|
|N/A||17.99% to 26.99% Variable||$99||Good - Excellent|
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® is best for travelers who frequently fly Hawaiian Airlines®. This card offers 60,000 introductory miles along with one 50% discounted companion ticket. Cardholders can earn up to 40,000 anniversary bonus miles. With an annual fee of $99, businesses earn up to 3x miles on Hawaiian Airlines® purchases.
The best business travel credit cards offer 5x miles for airline purchases as well as a variety of additional features. This card isn’t quite as good as the best business credit cards, but it offers top-rated introductory and annual bonus mileage. We rate this card 3.5 stars out of 5.
How We Evaluated the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® offers a higher number of introductory miles compared to other business credit cards. After spending $1,000 within the first 90 days of account opening, cardholders receive 50,000 bonus miles. Businesses get an additional 10,000 bonus miles after adding an employee card and making a purchase within the first 30 days. We also considered ongoing rewards, annual fees, and additional features like travel services.
The criteria we used to evaluate this co-branded Barclays card includes:
- Ongoing rewards: The rewards you earn as you use your Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® in the three different spending categories. You’ll earn 3x miles for every $1 spent on eligible Hawaiian Airlines® purchases, 2x miles on gas, dining, and office supply store purchases, and 1x miles on all other purchases.
- Introductory rewards: The rewards you’ll receive by reaching a minimum spending requirement within a few months of account opening. You’ll receive 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days and earn 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an accompanying employee card within the first 30 days. You’ll also receive a one-time 50% discount on a companion ticket.
- Additional benefits: The additional benefits are perks you get when using your card. You’ll get complimentary employee cards, select travel assistance services, ability to share miles with friends and family, and World Mastercard benefits that include identity theft resolution services and price protection.
- Annual fee: The fee incurred on your card once every year as a cost of ownership. The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® charges $99 a year.
- Introductory annual percentage rate (APR): Whether the card has an introductory 0% APR. This card has no intro APR.
- Ongoing APR: How much it will cost to finance purchases. This card offers an ongoing APR of 17.99% to 26.99% on balance transfers and purchases, depending on your creditworthiness.
Other business cards come with more perks and additional features. The Alaska Airlines Visa® Business credit card offers free checked baggage, purchase protection, roadside assistance, and extended protection. Although Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® ongoing rewards rate came in just below the bar, the introductory rewards are among the best in its category.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading travel business credit cards like the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®, we weight introductory rewards, ongoing rewards, and additional card features the heaviest. Weighted less is the annual fee, ongoing APR, and introductory APR. Although this card has an annual fee of $95, its annual fee is lower than other travel cards.
We graded the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® using the following methodology:
Highest Possible Score
Based on our 5-star rating system where 20 points equals 1 star, the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® needs a larger selection of features to earn a score of 4 stars. In cases where cards receive perfect scores in most categories, we may award bonus points to boost the card’s rating.
Businesses that spend $1,000 in the first 90 days are rewarded with 50,000 bonus miles. Earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles when you make a purchase on an added employee card within the first 30 days. Its ongoing APR is slightly higher than the best business travel cards. This card pays 1x miles on purchases outside of airline and business supply stores. The Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® offers 1.5x points on all purchases.
Who the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® Is Right For
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® is suitable for business owners who travel frequently on Hawaiian Airlines®. Cardholders will earn ongoing rewards on travel-related and everyday purchases toward free airline tickets and more. Hawaiian Airlines® services discounted nonstop flights to Hawaii from Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, and Los Angeles International Airport. Owners that live near these airports can maximize their savings.
Alternatives to Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®
Other business travel credit cards offer rewards with more additional features and lower interest rates than the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®. Some cards offer perks like in-flight deals, upgraded tickets, priority seating, and access to flight lounges. If you fly other airlines more frequently, you might consider another airline credit card.
Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card
Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- With Miles Boost®, you can earn 15,000 bonus miles and 15,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 or more in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn an additional 15,000 bonus miles and 15,000 MQMs after you spend $60,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year for a total of 30,000 bonus miles and 30,000 MQMs. Starting January 30, 2020, you will no longer earn bonus miles with this benefit.
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you spend overseas.
- Enter Delta Sky Club® at no cost and bring up to two guests for an exclusive rate of $29 per person per visit.
- Terms and limitations apply
|INTRO APR||REGULAR APR||ANNUAL FEE||CREDIT NEEDED|
|N/A||17.49% - 26.49% Variable||$450 ($550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020)||Good, Excellent|
The American Express Delta Reserve® for Business Credit Card is best for business owners who travel primarily with Delta. Use the 40,000 introductory bonus miles towards seat upgrades, rentals, merchandise, and gift cards. Cardholders have their first bag checked for free, a free yearly companion certificate, and Delta Sky Club access. This credit card also offers travel and rental insurance. You can learn more about this card’s features in our Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card review.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 200,000 bonus miles worth up to $2,000 to spend on travel—flights, hotels and more
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months and earn 150,000 bonus miles when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of your account opening
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, everywhere, no limits or category restrictions, and miles won't expire for the life of the account
- Earn 5X miles on hotel and rental car bookings through Capital One Travel℠ using a Spark Miles card
- Transfer your miles to 10+ leading travel loyalty programs like JetBlue™, Air Canada, and Emirates™
- Redeem your miles instantly for any travel-related purchases, from flights and hotels to ride-sharing services
- Fly through security with one statement credit for either the $85 TSA Pre✓® application fee or the $100 Global Entry application fee
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
|INTRO APR||REGULAR APR||ANNUAL FEE||CREDIT NEEDED|
|N/A||18.74% (Variable)||$0 intro for first year; $95 after that||Excellent, Good|
The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is best for business owners who want the flexibility of flying on multiple airlines while earning introductory bonus miles. Earn 50,000 bonus miles once you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months and 150,000 bonus miles when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of your account opening. Cardholders also get reimbursement for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership. The annual fee is $95, waived the first year. Learn more about this card’s features in our Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business review.
The Business Platinum® Card From American Express
The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
|INTRO APR||REGULAR APR||ANNUAL FEE||CREDIT NEEDED|
The American Express Business Platinum Card® is best for businesses that want to earn 5x ongoing points that can be applied to flights and hotels. This card has a variety of credits and discounts, including a 35% airline bonus and a $200 airline fee credit. Cardholders can also earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after the first $10,000 spent, and an extra 50,000 after you spend an additional $15,000 within the first three months. You can get a detailed breakdown in our American Express Business Platinum Card® review.
Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® Costs
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® has a higher than standard APR. It also doesn’t offer an introductory APR that can reduce the cost of financing purchases. Some similar cards, like the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®, waive the first year’s annual fee, while this one does not. Card owners don’t pay foreign transaction fees on international purchases.
Financing costs and fees on the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® include:
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 17.99% to 26.99% variable, which changes with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $99
- Balance transfer fee: $5, or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash advance fee: $10, or 3% of each cash advance, whichever is greater; APR for cash advances is 27.24%
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Late fee: $39 for balances equal to or greater than $250
- Penalty APR: None
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® offers no introductory APR, which makes this card not ideal for balance transfers. If transfers are a priority, you should consider a travel rewards card that offers a 0% introductory rate like the Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®. That card has 0% APR for the first nine billing cycles.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®
Business owners can pay off the entire balance within 20 days from the statement closing date to avoid interest charges. This doesn’t include balances resulting from cash advances, balance transfers, or purchases made with convenience checks. The 20-day grace period is standard, but some other credit cards offer longer grace periods. The American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card has a grace period of 25 days.
Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® Rewards
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® offers up to 60,000 bonus miles when you meet spending qualifications within the first 30 and 90 days. Enjoy a one-time 50% discount on one companion pass. Ongoing rewards of 3x miles are accumulated on Hawaiian Airlines® purchases while 2x miles and 1x miles are earned on all remaining purchases.
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® offers the following introductory rewards:
- 50,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days
- 10,000 bonus miles when a purchase is made on an employee card within the first 30 days
- One-time 50% discount on one companion pass
Business owners who earn 60,000 bonus miles have miles worth at least $600. In comparison, the Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card offers only 25,000 introductory bonus points when you make at least $1,000 in net purchases within 60 days of your account opening. When it comes to introductory rewards, this card is among the best business credit cards.
Earn the following rewards when using your Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®:
- 3x miles on Hawaiian Airlines® purchases
- 2x miles on gas, dining, and office supply store purchases
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- Bonus up to 40,000 miles every year on your account anniversary
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® offers rewards that are lower than similar business travel cards. Unlike the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®, the JetBlue Business Card offers better ongoing rewards at up to 6x points on airline purchases. If you’re interested in earning higher ongoing rewards, this card will be a better option.
Your account will not earn rewards for purchases under the following conditions:
- Gaming activity
- Balances transfers
- Cash advances
- Monetary instruments including, traveler’s checks and money orders
- Lottery tickets
- Interest and fees
- Abusive or fraudulent activity
The restrictions on the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® compared to other rewards cards is standard. Most cards, except the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card, don’t allow cardholders to earn rewards on cash advances or balance transfers. Fees and interest are not counted toward rewards. Fraudulent activity is deemed invalid and unable to accrue rewards with all business cards.
How You Can Redeem Your Rewards
Business owners can redeem Hawaiian Airlines® miles for airfare online through the Hawaiian Airlines® website with no blackout dates. Refer to the online price calendar and chart to see airfare costs on future dates. Miles can be redeemed for hotel stays, gift certificates, rental cars, shopping, and dining. Owners can also donate points to nonprofit organizations.
You can redeem miles for flights between the West Coast and Hawaii for discounted prices as low as 17,500 miles for Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® members. Miles can also be redeemed for a Premier Club membership and upgraded seats to first class or business class. You can use miles with Hawaiian Airlines® or any partner airline, including Japan Airlines, JetBlue, Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin Australia.
Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® Additional Features
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® has additional perks like mile sharing and select travel services. Cardholders also have access to World Mastercard benefits, including ID theft resolution assistance and price protection. Compared to other cards, like the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business credit card, this card is lacking popular travel features like free luggage check, insurance, and TSA Pre✓ credits.
Barclays does not disclose all the benefits information offered before receipt of the actual card. To obtain as much information as possible, we conducted thorough research and contacted the provider. Owners will need to refer to their guide to benefits for information on all available benefits.
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® allows cardholders to share earned miles with family and friends for free. Owners can transfer miles online to friends and family without any minimum or maximum balance requirements. Cardholders can pool miles together to redeem miles sooner.
Owners can receive transferred miles up to 10 times per year. There is no limit to the number of times cardholders can transfer rewards. We weren’t able to find another airline card that offered this benefit. Most sharing programs offer the service with restrictions and transaction fees. This free feature is unique to Hawaiian Airlines®.
Zero Liability Protection
With the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®, Cardholders are not responsible for fraudulent activity. Mastercard offers this extra layer of protection to ensure your bank will not hold you liable for unauthorized transactions. To ensure the fraudulent activity is covered, business owners are obligated to report any loss or theft to their provider promptly.
Price protection with the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® allows cardholders coverage for price differences on purchased items. If you see a printed or online advertisement for an item you purchase for a lower price, you can be reimbursed for the difference up to $250 per claim. All claims must be submitted within 60 days of purchase.
Items that are not covered under price protection include:
- Items purchased from a website whose primary purpose is not the sale of the item or related items
- Items purchased for resale, rental, or commercial use
- Jewelry, art, used or antique items, and collectibles of any kind
- Customized and special-order items
- Returned or layaway items
Unlike this card, not all travel cards offer price protection. American Express cards don’t offer price protection, but they offer purchase protection. Purchase protection covers items that are lost, stolen, or damaged within the first 90 days of purchase. Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® price protection is great for owners who want money back after price adjustments on purchased items.
Mastercard ID Theft Protection™
In the event of identity theft, Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® cardholders have access to Identity theft resolution services. You’ll receive assistance filing reports with law enforcement and with notifying your banks in the event of identity theft. Cardholders also will receive credit monitoring services that include access to credit reports and credit scoring with the three major reporting agencies.
This card also offers opt-out services that reduce direct mail campaigns, pre-approved credit card offers, and marketing calls. Cardholders can also receive dark web and suspicious activity monitoring. Although Visa® business credit cards offer protection against fraud, they don’t offer additional assistance with filing paperwork and contacting law enforcement.
Travel Assistance Services
Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® cardholders have access to select travel assistance services. Most cards that have this service include detailed information on immunizations, currency exchange rates, and travel requirements. Refer to your Barclays guide to benefits for more specific coverage information.
Adding Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® Employee Cards
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® offers complimentary employee cards that also earn rewards. This card allows you to manage employee spending by setting purchase limits and restrictions for each card issued.
Free employee cards are a standard feature on most other business credit cards. Unlike some others, this card offers 10,000 bonus miles for adding an employee card and making a purchase within the first 30 days.
What the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® Is Missing
Although the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® earns top introductory rewards, this card is lacking the valuable features that other business cards have. The ongoing APR is higher than some of the top cards, and there is no annual fee waiver. This card is also not ideal for business owners looking to transfer a balance.
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® also has limited flights primarily through Hawaii. If you’re looking to earn travel rewards on more diverse destinations, you might want to use a card like the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card.
Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® Reviews
Although we searched for user reviews for the Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®, we were unable to locate a sufficient amount of information to report user feedback.
How to Apply for Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®
You can apply online for a Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®. You’ll need to fill out some basic business and personal information, and you could be approved instantly. Once you’re approved, you’ll receive your card in the mail within seven to 10 business days. Owners can also request employee cards at the time of application. To check on an application you’ve already submitted, call 800-307-0341 or visit online.
How to Log into Your Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® Account
To manage and view your Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® account, log in by visiting Barclays Bank online and entering in your username and password. Contact customer service at 866-928-8598 if you have any issues logging in.
Other Barclay Bank Business Credit Cards
Barclays has a limited selection of business cards. This selection is even smaller when it comes to business travel cards.
The other Barclays business travel rewards cards are:
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard: Best for business owners who frequently fly with American Airlines. There is an annual fee of $95.
- JetBlue Business Card: Best for business owners who fly frequently with Hawaiian Airlines®. There is an annual fee of $99.
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® is best for business owners who fly primarily with Hawaiian Airlines®. Cardholders can earn up to 3x miles per $1 on Hawaiian Airlines® expenses and introductory rewards for around $600 worth in travel.