The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
Maximizing rewards on Hilton-related purchases
- Welcome Offer: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X on all other eligible purchases. Terms & Limitations Apply.
- Enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
- Relax with 10 free airport lounge visits each year once enrolled in complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, which offers access to over 1,000 lounges in over 120 countries.
- Terms apply.
- 10 free Priority Pass airport lounge visits per year
- Receive complimentary Hilton Gold Status
- Redemption options other than hotel stays are poor
- Hilton points are only worth 50% of other hotel loyalty programs
- Complimentary Gold Status: You will receive complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status, which gets you additional benefits like complimentary breakfast and rollover nights.
- Free weekend night reward: Earn a free weekend night reward after you spend $15,000 in one year; earn a second weekend night reward after you spend $60,000 in one year.
- Purchase protection: Covers your purchases for 120 days from purchase date if they’re damaged or stolen; coverage is limited to $1,000 per item and $50,000 per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Offers up to an additional two years of coverage on manufacturers’ warranties of five years or less.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is an excellent low-annual fee travel credit card designed for business travelers who primarily stay at Hilton hotels and resorts. This small business credit card comes with premium travel perks like free priority access to Priority Pass airport lounges.
Who the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Is Right For
- Owners who frequently travel: Owners of Hilton Honors American Express Business Card will receive American Express’ premium travel perks, making it an excellent choice for business owners who travel frequently.
- Owners who primarily stay at Hilton hotels and resorts: Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers 12x points per dollar for purchases made directly with Hilton hotels and resorts.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading a travel rewards business credit card like the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, we weigh ongoing rewards, introductory rewards, and additional card benefits heaviest. We also consider the card’s annual fee and introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs).
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable, which changes with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $99
- Balance transfer fee: Transfers are not allowed
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: $5, or 3%, whichever is higher; cash advance APR is 25.24% variable
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Rewards
- 12x points per dollar for purchases made directly with Hilton hotels and resorts
- 6x points per dollar on select categories such as gas, wireless telephone services, and shipping
- 6x points per dollar on travel purchases including flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel, car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, and dining at select United States restaurants
- 3x points per dollar on all other eligible purchases
- Free weekend night reward when you spend $15,000 in one year; and a second weekend night reward after you spend $60,000 in one year
Welcome offer: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months of card membership
You can redeem your Hilton Honors Bonus Points for hotel room nights or use a mix of your points and money to pay for hotel stays. You can also use your points to pay for unique travel experiences, Amazon shopping, or for purchases from airline partners.
To get the most value of your points, it’s best to use them on free hotel room nights. The amount of points a Hilton room is worth is based on the specific hotel, the room you book, and the dates of your stay. On average, Hilton rooms are worth between 38,000 and 45,000 points per night. Typically, Hilton members with Silver, Gold, or Diamond status will receive every fifth night free on standard reward stays of five consecutive nights or more.
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Features
Complimentary Gold Status
If you open the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, you will receive complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status. Gold Status is usually earned after 40 nights of stay or by earning 75,000 base points in a year, which is $7,500 in spending. Hilton Honors Gold Status members will earn an 80% points bonus on paid nights, which is an additional eight points per dollar spent. If you want to receive more Hilton benefits, you can upgrade to Hilton Honors Diamond Status when your total eligible purchases reach $40,000 or more.
10 Free Priority PassTM Visits
With the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, you can receive a free Priority PassTM Select membership. Priority PassTM is a network of airport lounges, mini suites, and restaurants. This network is available in approximately 35 major US airports. After you enroll in the Priority PassTM Select program, you will receive your Priority PassTM Select card within 10 to 14 business days. With this card, you will receive 10 complimentary lounge visits each membership year.
Roadside Assistance Hotline
You will have access to a roadside assistance hotline that can send out a tow truck or locksmith. Fees for any additional goods and services shall be charged to the cardholder. Vehicles that are not covered by this service include taxis, rental vehicles, unlicensed vehicles, and trucks or tractors weighing at least 10,000 pounds.
Items purchased using the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card are protected if they are damaged or stolen within 120 days from the date of purchase. Certain items are not included with this coverage like animals, living plants, motorized vehicles, tickets of any kind, traveler’s checks, permanent fixtures, items for resale, rented items, and losses due to normal wear and tear.
American Express will refund you for eligible items that you try to return within 90 days from the purchase date but are not accepted by the store. The maximum refund amount is $300 per item and $1,000 per account per year. Jewelry, motorized vehicles, seasonal items, computer software, tickets, consumables, and limited edition items are excluded from this coverage.
Extended Warranty Protection
Extended warranty protection is provided for purchased items that have an original manufacturer warranty of five years or less. You will receive an additional two years on your warranty if the original warranty is between two and five years. American Express will match the warranty if it’s less than two years. Certain items are not covered by this extended warranty like items purchased for use as inventory, real estate, software, motorized devices, consumables, animals, living plants, and vehicles.
Travel Accident Insurance
American Express will provide travel accident insurance of up to $100,000 for trips charged entirely to your Hilton Honors American Express Business Card. This insurance provides coverage if you die or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing. Self-inflicted injuries, acts of war, injuries sustained while commuting, mental and physical infirmities, and certain illnesses are not covered.
Baggage Insurance Plan
By using the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, cardholders will have access to baggage insurance coverage between $250 and $1,250. This insurance covers any lost bags while in transit, carry-on baggage, checked baggage, and high-risk items. Cash, credit cards, tickets, consumables, prosthetics, and properties shipped as freight are not included with this coverage.
Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance
When you use your American Express credit card to rent a car, you are covered with car rental loss and damage insurance up to $50,000 per car rental agreement for the first 30 days of car rental. American Express will pay for the actual cost of the car rental repair, the wholesale book value of the rental vehicle, or the purchase invoice price of the rental vehicle, whichever is the least.
Global Assist Hotline
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card gives cardholders access to a global assist hotline when they travel more than 100 miles from home. The 24-hour hotline provides access to medical, legal, financial, and other select emergency and assistance services. Cardholders are responsible for any charges required by third-party providers.
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Alternatives
Chase Ink Business Preferred®
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
- New Offer! Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee
Note: The information related to the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card has been collected by fitsmallbusiness.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
- Opportunity to boost the value of reward points
- Offers cellphone protection and trip cancellation insurance
- Does not offer an interest-free financing period
- Charges an annual fee
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Cellphone protection: You and the employees named on the phone bill you pay for with your card are covered for up to $600 in theft or damages per claim. You are limited to three claims per 12-month period, with a $100 deductible per claim.
- Trip cancellation and delay insurance: If your trip is canceled, you can be compensated up to $15,000 for prepaid expenses such as airfare or hotels. If your trip is delayed for 12 hours or more, you can be reimbursed up to $500 for your hotel room, meals, and transportation.
American Express Business Platinum Card®
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Earn 85,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card plus earn 5x points on eligible purchases in 5 select business categories, up to 80,000 bonus points per category, all within the first 3 months of Card Membership.† Terms Apply.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to over 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than one dozen U.S. airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every four years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4½ years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
American Express Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM Credit Card
Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
Owners who choose to stay at Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms apply.
- You’ll enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status
- Earn 6x points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- You’ll pay a $125 annual fee
- Points are worth less when redeemed for less expensive hotels
- Baggage insurance: Covers the loss of any checked or carry-on baggage in direct transit from a common carrier or terminal. Coverage is limited to $1,250.
- Purchase protection: Covers purchased items from theft or damage for the first 120 days from purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Offers up to an additional two years of warranty coverage on U.S. manufacturers’ warranties of five years or less.
- Complimentary Silver Elite status: Receive complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status and have access to exclusive benefits, such as 25% bonus points on purchases at participating hotels, priority late checkout, and access to an elite reservation line.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is best for business owners who travel for business and usually to stay at Hilton hotels and resorts. This travel credit card also offers premium travel rewards for eligible purchases in other categories. If this credit card is not what you’re looking for, compare other top options.