This article is part of a larger series on CRM.
Customer relationship management (CRM) software for hotels and restaurants provides tools to engage potential customers, schedule reservations, and manage event-based projects. The best CRM systems for the hospitality industry also offer features such as ticket generation and payment processing functionalities. We evaluated dozens of hotel CRM providers to identify the top options based on pricing, features, ease of use, and user experience.
The top CRM software for hotels or the hospitality industry and their best use cases are:
- Freshsales: Best overall for general guest and marketing management
- CaterZen: Great option for small businesses engaged in food delivery and catering services
- Guestware: Ideal reservation and loyalty management solution for small and midsize hotel businesses
- Revinate: Suitable guest feedback and email marketing management software for larger hotel businesses with multiple locations
- Cendyn: Best for hospitality businesses that want content management capabilities
- Tripleseat: Recommended for businesses needing a CRM platform with restaurant management, hotel management, venue directory, and online event booking capabilities
Not what you are looking for? Find out if you need an industry-specific or general use CRM system for your business.
Best CRM Software for the Hospitality Industry Compared
Free Trial for Paid Plans
Starting Price for Paid Plans
Special Hospitality CRM Features
Help & Support
Yes (unlimited users)
$15 per user, per month*
$99 per month (billed monthly)
Food delivery, event venue, and catering management
$112 per month (billed annually)
Hotel reservation and customer loyalty management
Guest feedback and hotel email marketing management
Content management system (CMS)
Event planning and hotel booking features
*Based on annual billing. Monthly pricing is also available at slightly higher rates.
Looking for general use CRM systems that are easy to learn and use? Check out our guide to the best simple CRMs for startups and small businesses.
Freshsales: Best Overall Hospitality-ready CRM
*Based on annual pricing. Monthly pricing is also available at slightly higher rates.
Freshsales ranked as the top CRM option for marketing hospitality businesses because of its tools for designing, deploying, and automating email campaigns. It also has preference management tools for email subscribers, making it an excellent choice for businesses that generate revenue from recurring customers, like hotels, bars, restaurants, and travel agencies.
While Freshsales offers many strengths, its glaring disadvantage is the lack of hospitality industry-specific functions like event planning and booking management. However, you can integrate it with third-party apps such as Eventbrite and Cvent. If you need a CRM system that comes with hospitality CRM functions, consider using Guestware for smaller hotels and Tripleseat for event planning at restaurants, hotels, and other venues.
- Core CRM features: Contact management, account management, contact lifecycle stages, tasks, appointments, notes, and sales activities
- CRM customization: Rename modules, custom fields, profile avatar, record tags, product catalog, email template tags, workflows, and auto-assignment rules
- Sales automation: Auto-assignment rules, sales sequences, web forms, territory management, holiday routing, auto-profile enrichment, email templates, workflows, and chat campaigns
- Communication: Two-way email sync, cloud telephony, live chat, WhatsApp integration, Apple Business Chat, short message service (SMS) integration, and Zoom meetings
- Sales pipeline management: Multiple sales pipelines, product catalog, configure, price, and quote (CPQ), sales goals, and deal stage probabilities
- Freddy AI (artificial intelligence assistant): Next action, deal insights, data deduplication, out-of-office detection, predictive contact scoring, lead generation bot, calendar event suggestion, and sales forecasting
- Reporting and analytics: Prebuilt reports, custom reports, sales cycle and velocity reports, and sales activity reports
- Mobile app: Android and iOS apps, voice notes, sales activity check-in and check-out, offline mode, analytics dashboard, notifications, Zoom meetings, individual and bulk SMS, automatic call logging, Google Maps and Uber integrations, and bulk emails
- Help and support: Self-help resources (case studies, product tour, product updates, and blogs), 24/5 customer support (phone, chat, and email), and access to dedicated account manager (Enterprise subscribers only)
Find out if this platform is the right fit for your business needs by reading our Freshsales review.
CaterZen: Best Hospitality CRM for Small Food Delivery & Catering Businesses
*Monthly pricing only
CaterZen offers marketing and operational features useful for businesses involved in delivering food either through a catering service or as a restaurant with food delivery options. These include customized menus, delivery address management, and an ordering platform. You can also generate leads through webforms and email campaigns, as well as design systems for referral generation and loyalty programs.
One of the downsides of using CaterZen is the absence of email marketing tools, custom lead capture forms, and critical integrations such as QuickBooks and Google Workspace in its lower-tier plans. Its phone support is also available only during standard business hours on weekdays. Freshsales, on the other hand, offers the abovementioned features starting with its lowest-priced plan. You can also reach its support team 24/5 via phone, chat, and email.
- CRM database: Client stats, highlighted notes, customer service management, delivery address management, prospect management, groups, email archive, meeting scheduling, calendars, and file attachments
- Menus: Unlimited menus, categories, items, modifiers, menu customization, drag-and-drop creator, custom display time, permission-based menus, and catering rentals
- Client online ordering platform: Customizable interface and branding, photos of menu items, mobile-enabled interface, upselling module, online payments, cake options, dietary restrictions, repeat orders, and item inventory levels
- Back-office ordering features: Unlimited order types, corporate discount module, items in partial quantities, mobile order taking, duplicate recurring orders, day-before email notifications, basic loyalty program, catering venue management, electronic signature contracts, unlimited custom proposal templates, and item inventory levels
- Delivery: Drag-and-drop routing and mapping, custom delivery zones and fees, driver app, driver tracking, app-based signature capture, app-based event pictures
- Reporting: Delivery schedule report, sales reporting, lost clients, and sales activity tracking
- Kitchen and event reporting: Rapid recipe builder, kitchen production report, supplier reports, customized catering supplies list, order labels, and unlimited Banquet Event Order (BEO) templates
- Accounting: Auto-batch credit card processing, custom payment types, refund management, sales journal reports with breakdowns, sales tax matrix, quick payment recording, invoicing, and deposit management
- Marketing: Snail mail marketing letters, rebooking reminder system, email marketing, marketing calendar, library of catering marketing resources and templates, and custom lead capture forms
- VoIP call module: Click-to-call, call forwarding, record and track call activity, list cleaning module, and outgoing call management
- Help and support: Knowledge base, phone support (Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time), and 24/7 online form submission, ticket submission, and email support
Guestware: Best Reservation Management Software for Small to Mid-sized Hotels
*Based on annual pricing
Guestware is an ideal hotel operations management tool for small to mid-sized hotels with 50 to 200 rooms. Its direct integration with room booking apps and loyalty program management functionality helps optimize guest service and experience. In addition, its built-in Incident Tracking system allows you to efficiently manage guest complaints and property servicing. This platform integrates with property management systems (PMS) such as Oracle and Protel.
Guestware may not be the right solution for your business if you are looking for a hotel CRM with event planning capabilities. We recommend Tripleseat as an alternative, as it has a set of specialized features for booking and managing events at hotels.
- Guest response: Incident tracking (track issues, resolutions, reviews, surveys, and compensation), rapid response forms, automated staff assignment, mobile apps, and recurring issue identification
- Facilities: Preventive maintenance of rooms and equipment, maintenance task work orders, housekeeping interactive voice response (IVR) system, mobile room inspections, and process improvement
- CRM and loyalty: Guest Recognition logic (personalized services based on guest history), shared profiles and preferences among all properties in the portfolio, property management system (PMS) and central reservation system (CRS) integrations, loyalty program management, and email marketing
- Service: Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), implementation services with onsite and online training, and success management
- Help and support: Self-help resources (product tours and blogs) and customer support via email and web form submission
Revinate: Best Email Marketing Management Tool for Hotels With Multiple Locations
*Contact the sales team for customized pricing of each plan based on business size and needs
Revinate provides features for managing multiple hotel properties and centralizing lead information from various locations. This makes it an excellent tool for multilocation hotel businesses. It also offers guest feedback management solutions and tools for email marketing, market segmentation, and upselling.
What Revinate is missing are telephonic features for placing, receiving, and monitoring phone calls through their CRM. If these functionalities are important to you, try Freshsales, which provides viable phone solutions for hospitality businesses. Tripleseat is also a great alternative that offers event planning and management features, which Revinate also does not have.
- Hospitality CRM: PMS data integration, rich guest profiles, guest revenue attribution, and profile synthesis
- Hotel email marketing: PMS segmentation and targeting, campaign automation, flexible template editor, email template management, room and amenity upselling, email testing, A/B testing, and dedicated internet protocol (IP) address
- Campaign and revenue analytics: Campaign and revenue reporting, link tracking and attribution, performance data, upsell reporting, and database insights
- Guest feedback: Reputation management, custom dashboards, workflow management, competitive benchmarking, revenue insights, post-stay surveys, mobile responsive surveys, and Tripadvisor and Google publishing
- Help and support: Access to resource library, help center, customer success stories, email campaign examples, hotel email marketing certification courses, customer support via web form submission, and 24/7 technical support
Cendyn: Best for Content Management Solutions
Cendyn offers a suite of products for the hospitality industry, such as platforms for managing hotel sales, marketing, reservations, revenue, and intelligence. It also has a built-in content management system (CMS) and tools for website design within the platform, making it a highly recommended solution for hospitality businesses that want a CRM system with content management capabilities.
Cendyn has recently merged with hotel reservation and distribution platform Pegasus to add several other solutions to its list of offerings. This includes a call center, voice services, and a booking engine. However, like Revinate, Cendyn still does not have built-in tools for event planning management. Consider Tripleseat if your business regularly needs event management tools.
- eInsight CRM: Guest profile, audience targeting and segmentation, marketing automation, email marketing, business intelligence, and call center and front desk services
- eLoyalty: Personalized content for loyalty program management, member portal, rewards for loyal members, and customized communication
- Digital marketing: Digital strategy, programmatic marketing (via automated bidding and placement platforms), metasearch (artificial intelligence (AI)-driven technology), paid search, social media, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Website design: Content management system (CMS) for hotels, content personalization engine, and integration with booking engines
- FleXi (personalized upselling): Centralized platform for time-based inventory and pricing management, revenue management, and campaign reporting
- Sales: eProposal (rapid response proposal forms), eMenus (interactive menus), and lead management and sales automation
- Help and support: Solution-based knowledge cloud, resource library, personalized demo, newsletters, and customer support via email and online form submission
Tripleseat: Best Hotel CRM With Event Planning Capabilities
Tripleseat offers specialized CRM products for event planning at restaurants, hotels, resorts, and other unique venues. Use its online lead generation forms to acquire leads and customers. It also allows leads to book a venue and check out with payment and e-signature. Plus, you can leverage its built-in event management tools to convert new events into a set of automated tasks for both your hotel team and guests.
One of the disadvantages of using Tripleseat is the need to integrate it with third-party apps to use lead generation and property management capabilities. Another downside is the lack of options for customer support aside from email and online form submission. Meanwhile, Freshsales has built-in lead generation tools and offers 24/5 support via phone, chat, and email. Revinate is also a solid alternative if you need a CRM with property management features.
- Tripleseat Restaurants (restaurant CRM): Bookings calendar, branded documents and proposals, guest portal for e-signature and payments, automated tasks for team and guests, quick response forms to leads and inquiries, and sales and event reporting
- Tripleseat Hotels (hotel CRM): Hotel and catering management, group bookings, sales tracking, and automating tasks and data entry
- Tripleseat EventUp (venue directory): Appear at the top of Google search results for venue listings, media upload (venue photos, floor plan, and videos), venue descriptions and highlights, amenity tags, message portal, automatic email response templates, and custom taglines
- TripleseatDirect (online event booking platform): Catering, take-out and delivery catering, on-premise events, no commissions or booking fees, marketing campaigns, and customer feedback management
- Help and support: Tripleseat community, events and webinars, blogs, Tripleseat University, magazine subscription, podcasts, and knowledge base; customer support via online form submission
How We Evaluated the Best Hospitality CRM Software
CRM systems for hospitality industry should provide solutions addressing unique industry-specific needs. To determine the best options, we evaluated costs and capabilities specific to businesses in hospitality, such as direct marketing tools, collaboration capabilities for various projects, and built-in functions for servicing customers. In addition to that, we also considered factors such as ease of use, quality of customer support, and expert score.
With an overall score of 4.14 out of 5, Freshsales is our top CRM choice for those in the hospitality industry due to its overall broad range of marketing capabilities. It offers automated email campaign generation, email subscriber management functions, the ability to segment various target markets, and lead generation through online webforms and advertisements.
The tabs below offer insight into our evaluation process for choosing the best CRM software options for hospitality businesses and hotels
25% of Overall Score
Total costs and various pricing options are typically the most important criteria for any small business decision, so it was heavily weighed when reviewing the CRM providers for hospitality businesses. We considered the availability of a free plan, varying subscription options, and whether or not there are monthly billing plans available.
20% of Overall Score
The purpose of any CRM is to provide functional solutions associated with sales, marketing, customer service, and project management. Specifically, we looked at features we consider necessary in a solid hospitality CRM, including inventory management, reservation tracking mechanisms, and marketing to direct consumers. We also checked the availability and quality of its collaboration tools, reporting tools, integrations, and mobile app.
20% of Overall Score
The functions of any application are only as beneficial as they are usable. These criteria were analyzed by knowledge required to set up the CRM, skill needed to operate the platform, and intuitiveness of navigating the user interface.
20% of Overall Score
Extensive support and service can prevent issues that a user might encounter when using the platform. Most of them provide access to self-help resources, but a few stand out by offering support 24/7. They were also evaluated in terms of customer service hours and availability of support through various channels like phone, live chat, and email.
15% of Overall Score
In addition to our firsthand experiences with the providers, we evaluated what other users are saying about each CRM and noted common issues that the users had. These criteria consider how customers feel based on their reviews to gauge overall popularity, ease of use, value for money, and how helpful some of the built-in features are to users.