Freshsales (formerly Freshworks CRM) is a sales automation tool that helps sales teams attract quality leads, engage with prospects, and nurture customer relationships. It features artificial intelligence (AI)-powered deal insights you can use for revenue and sales forecasting. It is best for growing businesses looking for a scalable sales customer relationship management (CRM) solution with a built-in phone dialer.
What We Recommend Freshsales For
Freshsales offers free and affordable solutions for managing your team’s sales pipelines. It streamlines the lead nurturing process using automation and provides insights to help you close more deals. There are multiple tiers with varying customization levels, making it easy for growing companies to scale up. This CRM system is also equipped with robust mobile capabilities and in-app cloud telephony.
Who Freshsales Is Good For
- Small businesses needing a free CRM: Freshsales offers a free plan for unlimited users that comes with basic sales automation and contact management features. It is included in our list of the best free CRMs.
- Sales teams with mobile field agents: Freshsales has a mobile app that comes with contact, account, and deal management, as well as a built-in dialer and geolocation. For this reason, it is one of our picks for the best mobile CRM apps.
- Companies looking for a CRM with call management features: In addition to sales tools, Freshsales also offers unique call center features like virtual hold and Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC). It is our top choice for the best call center software provider.
Freshsales Is Not a Good Fit For
- Small businesses that rely heavily on email campaigns: Freshsales’ free option does not include sales emails, and its lowest tier offers limited email tracking and bulk emailing capabilities. Check out Pipedrive if you need a CRM solution with extensive email management and tracking features.
- Teams that focus on social media marketing: Freshsales does not integrate with social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. If you are looking for a solution with robust social integrations, consider Zoho CRM.
- Companies looking for a white label CRM: Freshsales does not offer white label solutions, so you cannot customize or resell it under your own brand. If you need a solution that you can rebrand or bundle with your own services, check out Bitrix24 or take a look at our list of the best white label CRM systems.
Not exactly sure what to look for? Take a look at our ultimate CRM guide to deepen your understanding of how CRMs work and why it’s an essential tool to grow your business.
Freshsales’ pricing scheme includes a free plan and three paid tiers that all support an unlimited number of users. Monthly fees start at $15 per user, per month (or $18 per user, per month, billed annually). The free plan offers basic contact and account management, sales pipeline management, a built-in phone dialer, website integration, a mobile app, and customer support. You may sign up for a 21-day free trial for the paid tiers.
Small sales teams
Growing sales teams
Mid-sized businesses with multiple sales teams
Large companies and enterprises
2GB per user
5GB per user
100GB per user
Personalized Bulk Emails (per User)
250 per day
1,000 per day
5,000 per day
24/5 Customer Support (Phone, Chat, and Email)
(with dedicated account manager)
Contact, Account, Deal, and Activity Management
Built-in Phone Dialer
Mobile Apps (iOS and Android)
Reports and Dashboard
Freshsales add-ons for paid tiers:
- Additional workflows: $5
- Phone credits: Starts at $25
- CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote): $19 per user, per month
The Free plan comes with basic CRM features like contacts, accounts, deals, tasks, data import and export, and mobile apps. You can also rename existing modules, set up a chat widget on your website, create forms, and track website visitors. It offers a built-in phone dialer with a caller ID and an option to buy local and toll-free numbers.
The Growth plan adds basic segmentation, custom fields, product catalogs, workflows, visual sales pipelines, reports, and sales emails on top of the features included in the Free plan. For each user, it allocates 2GB for file storage, five sales sequences, 500 sales sequence emails per day, and 250 personalized bulk emails per day. In addition, it gives you access to SMS and Facebook Messenger integration, predictive contact scoring, and the Freshworks Marketplace.
Freshsales’ Pro plan is equipped with everything in Growth plus behavioral segmentation, custom sales activities, an activity dashboard, time-based workflows, and custom fields. It also enables you to create multiple sales pipelines, goals, and teams. In addition, it has higher limits for file storage and sales emails. Other features include offline access for mobile apps, conference calling, chat campaigns, lead generation, and deal insights.
The Enterprise plan offers more advanced capabilities, including auto-profile enrichment, deeper CRM customization options, sales forecasting, and territory management. The built-in phone has holiday routing and queue callback features, while custom reports already include advanced metrics, such as won deals and emails delivered. Moreover, there’s a dedicated account manager who can help you resolve any issues you encounter.
In addition to the tiers listed above, Freshsales offers a sales and marketing CRM called Freshsales Suite. It has the same pricing plans and tiers as the sales CRM but has the following additional features:
- Marketing contacts
- Email marketing campaigns
- Custom domains for marketing emails
- Marketing journey builder
- Landing pages
- Dedicated IP address add-on (Enterprise only)
Freshsales is packed with essential tools sales teams need to attract quality leads, engage with customers, and close deals based on AI-powered insights. It streamlines sales processes to reduce manual labor and to allow your agents to have more selling time. This solution has the features you need to manage the entire customer journey—from lead generation through relationship nurturing.
Take a closer look at Freshsales’ most essential features:
Freshsales’ primary features include contact and account management, sales activities, automated workflows, and deal management. Each tier has a different level of capability for customization, automation, data administration, cloud telephony, communication, data security, and reporting. Every plan, however, comes with a built-in phone dialer, 24/5 customer support, website integration, and mobile apps.
- Custom sales activities
- Custom fields
- Custom modules
- Contact lifecycle stages
- Multicurrency and multilanguage
- Custom roles and access permissions
You can customize your Freshsales account and settings to fit your business needs and requirements. The system allows you to create and track custom sales activities so you can monitor your customer interactions, appointments, and performance. Other aspects you can customize are contact fields, contact lifecycle stages, business modules, roles and permissions, currencies, and language.
- Auto-assignment rules
- Web forms to capture contact information and generate leads
- Route calls during holidays
- Auto-profile enrichment
- Automate repetitive tasks within your sales process
- Automated sales sequences and customer interaction
- Territory management
- IntelliAssign (auto-assign chat conversations)
- Email templates
- Activity timeline displays all customer interactions with your business
Freshsales helps improve your team’s efficiency and productivity by automating routine manual tasks. It automatically assigns leads, contacts, and even chat conversations to the right salespeople based on relevant criteria like skill level and available bandwidth. Its automation feature also includes sales sequences, web forms, email templates, workflows, and an activity timeline.
- Two-way email sync
- Chat software for real-time customer support
- Apple Business Chat
- Built-in phone dialer
- Short Message Service (SMS) integration
Freshsales’ email integration feature allows you to create and track email communications with leads and customers. At the same time, its chat software serves as a real-time customer support line for your website visitors. It also features a built-in phone that lets you make calls in one click and record conversations. You can also schedule Zoom meetings as well as interact with customers directly from within the CRM via WhatsApp, Apple Business Chat, and SMS.
- Multiple sales pipeline
- Product catalog with pricing structure, discounts, and taxes
- Deal stage probability and revenue forecast by deal stage
- Sales goals
- Collaborate with your team on deals via Slack
With Freshsales, you can create, manage, and track sales pipelines of various teams. You can also set probabilities for deals and get revenue forecasts for each deal stage. In addition, the software allows you to set up your product catalog, define and track sales goals based on closed deals and revenue, and use Slack to communicate with your sales team about ongoing deals. Its CPQ add-on gives you editable templates for documents like contracts and quotes.
- Suggested next action for deals
- Auto-detect duplicate entries in contacts and accounts
- Predictive contact scoring
- Calendar event suggestion
- Deal insights
- Out-of-office detection for contacts
- Lead generation bot
- Sales forecasting
Freshsales’ artificial intelligence (AI)-powered assistant, called Freddy AI, helps enhance your productivity by giving you smart suggestions for deal closure, upcoming meetings, and tasks. You can also use its custom bots to generate leads and send welcome messages to your visitors. Aside from that, it lets you know which contacts should be prioritized, predicts the likelihood of success of your deals, and gives you sales and revenue forecasts.
Reporting & Analytics
- Standard reports
- Custom reports with charts
- Sales activity reports
- Sales cycle and velocity reports
Freshsales helps you make data-driven decisions by giving you actionable insights into your sales performance. This data lets you know how long it takes to convert leads into customers, the roadblocks to conversion, and which campaigns, teams, territories, or sales agents bring in the most revenue. You can generate reports on these metrics using prebuilt templates or customized dashboards.
- Add voice notes
- Check-in and checkout features for sales activities
- View analytics dashboard
- Real-time notifications
- Zoom meetings
- QuickLinks (add up to 10 website links that you visit often)
- Individual and bulk messaging via Twilio, Zipwhip, and ClickSend
- Automatic call logging
- Google Maps and Uber
- Bulk emails
- Custom apps
- Offline mode
Freshsales’ mobile app allows you to move deals through the sales pipeline when you’re on the go. You can access and edit CRM data even when offline, then sync it once you’re online. You can also view the analytics dashboard, send bulk SMS and emails, add voice notes to records, and join Zoom meetings from within the app. Its geolocation feature enables you to record a client visit, find your contact’s location, and book a ride for your meetings.
- Application Programming Interface (API) access
- Freshworks Marketplace
Expand the core functionalities and capabilities of Freshsales by integrating other apps you frequently use. You can connect your CRM with third-party apps via API access, Marketplace, and Zapier. Some of Freshsales’ most popular integrations include Mailchimp, HubSpot, PandaDoc, DocuSign, Trello, Xero, QuickBooks, and Outlook.
Freshsales offers 24/5 customer support via phone, chat, and email across all its plans. You can also use its knowledge base to find out how to use specific functions and learn about the best practices for the software. There are around 30 topic categories that contain various how-to articles. Topics include contact and account management, deal and pipeline management, custom modules, predictive contact scoring, and phone setting.
Enterprise plan subscribers have access to a dedicated account manager who can help you resolve issues with the software or relay your feedback to the Freshsales management.
Ease of Use
Freshsales is easy to use and implement for beginners to mid-level users. It has an intuitive interface that displays all the main menu selections. There are also automatic prompts that pop up to guide you through the implementation and customization processes. If you need additional guidance on how to use the system, you can refer to its knowledge base or schedule a complimentary onboarding session.
Best for: Organizations that need a CRM with social media marketing tools
Best for: Business-to-business (B2B) companies with simple sales models that focus on direct selling
Best for: Small ecommerce businesses looking for a CRM with order and inventory management features
Starting price: Free or $14 per user, per month
Starting price: $12.50 per user, per month
Starting price: Free or $24 per month
If you’re not sure Freshsales is right for you, check out our guide to the top six CRMs for small businesses.
What Users Think of Freshsales
As of the date this article was written, the recent online reviews are directed to Freshworks CRM (Freshsales’ former name). The majority of the users like its easy-to-use interface and high customizability. It has earned the following scores from the most popular review sites:
- Capterra: 4.6 out of 5 based on 500 reviews
- G2: 4.6 out of 5 based on 903 reviews
- Gartner: 4.5 out of 5 based on 192 reviews
- TrustRadius: 8.4 out of 10 based on 58 reviews
Users said Freshsales efficiently tracks their contacts, pipelines, tasks, and calls. They also appreciate how its AI capabilities streamline lead scoring and customer communication. However, some find its pricing scheme to be more expensive than its competitors. Others mentioned that they experienced delays in technical support.
Freshsales is a powerful and scalable sales CRM that’s packed with features for contact, account, sales pipeline, and deal management. Its standout feature is its built-in cloud telephony, allowing you to make calls directly from within the app. It also has an AI-powered assistant that automates and enhances tasks like contact scoring, customer communication, and forecasting.
Visit Freshsales’ website to sign up for a 21-day free trial or get started with its free plan to see how it works.
You Might Also Like…
- Check out our list of the top CRM solutions for startups.
- Do you need a specialized CRM solution for your industry? Read our guide on how to find industry-specific CRMs.
- Are you ready to create your own CRM strategy? Read our guide on how to formulate one and download our free CRM strategy worksheet.