This article is part of a larger series on Sales Management.
Commission tracking software automates the process of calculating and tracking sales and performance-based compensation. It is mostly used in industries like insurance, real estate, and finance. Some of its essential features include commission tracking, sales forecasting, and payment processing. To find the best commission tracking software, we analyzed several top providers and considered critical attributes small businesses need.
Here are the top six commission tracking software and their best use cases:
- Performio: Best overall commission tracking software with excellent commission forecasting tools
- Pipedrive: Great choice for individuals or small commission-based sales teams that want a customer relationship manager (CRM) with simple goal tracking using visual pipelines
- QCommission: Ideal for businesses that need robust commission reports
- Blitz: Great option for businesses that utilize incentive programs, such as insurance, real estate, finance, and retail industries
- NextAgency: Best commission tracking software with excellent email integration
- Commissionly: Excellent choice for users who want a commission tracker with multi-stage payout capability
We found that Performio is the best overall commission tracking software. It lets users customize sales compensation processes, generate reports and transactions, and forecast their reps’ commissions.
Which Commission Tracking Software Suits Your Needs?
Answer a few questions about your business, and we'll give you a personalized product match.
Performio: Best Overall Commission Tracking Software With Excellent Commission Forecasting Tools
Performio offers users essential tools to calculate commission-based compensation. It lets them customize sales compensation plans and commission calculations. It also provides users with a commission table that shows a complete record of all payouts and their corresponding recipients. Its commission forecasting tool can predict values, results, and achievement percentages related to commission compensation.
However, Performio requires a lengthy setup process and has limited third-party integrations. Users who need an easy-to-set-up system can consider Pipedrive, while those who require extensive third-party integrations can consider either QCommission or Blitz.
Performio Commission Tracking Features
Performio provides tools for easy commission calculation and forecasting. Below are features we find most beneficial for users:
- Offers agents access to all their performance metrics, real-time leaderboards, commission payouts, and commission estimates on desktop and mobile
- Provides sales managers with commission reports and detailed transaction information for all their agents
- Has robust reporting capabilities that offer data-driven insights around incentive plan effectiveness and sales team performance
- Provides simulation and forecast capabilities that let users accurately predict commission expenses and manage accruals
- Integrates with third-party apps, such as Salesforce, Oracle NetSuite, and DocuSign
Pipedrive: Best Commission & Sales Performance Tracking Software
*Based on annual billing. Monthly subscriptions are also available except for the Enterprise plan.
Pipedrive is a CRM system that includes goal tracking, allowing users to calculate bonus compensations based on either individual or team performance. Its Insights feature provides users with deal reports that show how many opportunities sales reps won or lost and why. It is a great choice for teams that want to compensate their salespeople based on performance-to-goal calculations tracked within their CRM.
However, Pipedrive needs third-party integrations for processing payments and lacks in-app commission calculation features. Those who need both in one system can consider Commissionly.
Pipedrive Commission Tracking Features
- Offers reports that provide insights on sales cycle duration and win rates to improve users’ sales processes
- Lets users set individual, team, and company-wide goals, then track progress with real-time metrics on customizable dashboards and CRM reports
- Provides simple and highly visual pipelines that make it easy for agents to keep track of their leads and sales goals
Check out our Pipedrive review to explore other features that this platform offers.
QCommission: Best Commission Tracking Software With Robust Compensation Reports
QCommission integrates with various CRM and accounting software to analyze sales details and compute commissions based on sales reps’ performance. It lets users generate various payout reports, including annual incentive summaries, compensation adjustments, and payee incentive commission reports. It also offers advanced commission calculation tools, including split commissions and variable rate compensations.
However, QCommission’s interface looks outdated, and beginners may experience an initial learning curve. Those who want a sleek interface can consider Blitz or Performio, while those who want a simple and intuitive system can consider Pipedrive.
QCommission Commission Tracking Features
QCommission lets users easily calculate their agents’ commissions as well as generate payout reports. Below are features we find most beneficial for users:
- Has a commission processing calendar that lets users set commission payout schedules to monthly, quarterly, biannually, and annually
- Allows users to establish payees, products, customers, plans, incentives, and sales quotas in the system
- Offers extensive reports, including year-to-date commission payouts, payee attainment against goals, compensation adjustments for payee, payee incentive commissions, commission due statements, and unpaid commissions
- Integrates with popular third-party apps, such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, SugarCRM, SuiteCRM, QuickBooks, Xero, and PayPal
Blitz: Best Commission Tracking Software With Industry-specific Incentive Features
Blitz offers industry-specific commission tracking solutions to insurance, real estate, finance, and retail businesses. Its features include analytics and reports, incentive forecasts, and real-time commission calculations. It lets users set up custom compensation plans tailored to their processes and requirements, and automates simple and complex calculations through its compensation calculation board.
However, Blitz’s setup needs technical know-how, and customizing the system requires technical support. Users who want a simple-to-set-up system can consider Pipedrive, while those who want programs that can be easily customized should consider Commissionly.
Blitz Commission Tracking Features
- Helps users visualize trends and calculate commissions, hit projections, analyze sales data, and consolidate commission tracking process in one platform
- Automates commission calculations and measures against the performance of agents to identify the top performers and those who need more coaching
- Integrates with popular third-party apps, such as Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, QuickBooks, Close.io, Salesforce, HubSpot, Xero, and Bullhorn
NextAgency: Best Commission Tracking Software With Robust Email Integration Capability
NextAgency is commission tracking and processing software designed specifically for insurance professionals. It allows users to upload and audit commissions, bonuses, fees, and overrides. Its reporting features let users analyze and monitor their compensation by carrier, client, product line, broker, rep, and sub-agent. It also syncs with users’ email accounts, automatically matching leads to agents—resulting in accurate commission compensations.
NextAgency, however, has steep pricing options and requires a lengthy customization process. Users who need affordably priced plans can consider QCommission, while those who want an easy-to-set-up system can consider Pipedrive.
NextAgency Commission Tracking Features
Next Agency lets users track commissions from various sources, as well as audit commissions, bonuses, and overrides. Below are features we find most beneficial for users:
- Lets users track different forms of compensations, including commissions, overrides, fees, and bonuses
- Syncs with sales reps’ email accounts, automatically routing emails sent to or received from prospects and clients to their record
- Allows users to identify trends and project the future with historical reports and monitor their compensation by the carrier, client, product line, broker, rep, and sub-agent
- Lets users set up schedules, create commission statements, attach files, make notes, and establish tasks from within the system
- Integrates with popular third-party apps, including HubSpot, Salesforce, Zendesk, Mailchimp, Trello, and QuickBooks
Commissionly: Best Commission Tracking Software With Multi-stage Commission Payout Capability
*Pricing is based on annual subscriptions. Users may also choose a monthly billing option at slightly higher fees.
Commissionly is an easy-to-use commission tracking system that integrates with a wide range of software, including customer relationship management (CRM), accounting, ecommerce, payment processing, and recruitment. Its features include commission sales split calculations, multi-currency support, multi-stage commissions, and commission payment processing upon target hits.
However, Commissionly’s pricing options are expensive, and setting up the system requires technical experience. Users who want affordable pricing options can consider QCommission, while those who want an easy-to-set-up system can consider Pipedrive.
Commissionly Commission Tracking Features
Commissionly helps users manage incentives and compensations through sales split calculations and multi-stage commission processing. Below are features we find most beneficial for users:
- Offers commission split calculation and processing for projects that involve multiple sales agents
- Its matrix commission feature allows users to create commission plans based on multiple variables, such as varying rates for types of products, services, or locations
- Allows users to pay commissions at different stages of their sales and delivery process to different payees, encouraging them to hit sales milestones
- Integrates with popular third-party apps, such as PayPal, Slack, Salesforce, Google Workspace, Shopify, Stripe, HubSpot, and Zoho CRM
How We Evaluated the Best Commission Tracking Software
Commission tracking software is a sales management tool designed to eliminate manual spreadsheets and streamline incentive compensation processes using commission formulas. It must have helpful features, such as real-time commission calculations and leaderboards, to encourage reps to track their performance and increase their commissions. It should also have a range of affordable pricing plans.
We also considered the time and resources required to implement the system. Furthermore, we looked into how well they integrate with other software, such as CRMs, payment processing, and other sales management tools.
The tabs below offer more insight into our evaluation process for selecting the best commission tracking software:
40% of Overall Score
Commission tracking software should be budget-friendly. While the number of seats for users is not a big consideration, entry-level plans should enable users to access basic features and effectively use the platform.
20% of Overall Score
The purpose of commission tracking software is to provide functional solutions, helping businesses monitor the performance of sales agents and providing them with corresponding compensation. We looked at the options and evaluated which ones offer the essential and fundamental features useful for small businesses.
15% of Overall Score
User-friendliness and intuitiveness are two of our key considerations when looking into a software’s ease of use. We evaluated whether the software is beginner-friendly or requires some level of experience to get users up to speed with using the system.
15% of Overall Score
Support is a critical part of running a software, especially for small businesses that don’t have in-house technical support. We analyzed the types of support offered by these providers through live chat, email, and phone, as well as determined the hours when these support channels are available.
10% of Overall Score
We looked through existing customer reviews on credible sites to measure the level of satisfaction current users have, as well as any problems that they typically encounter. We also added our thoughts and expert opinion on key features, value for money, and popularity.