Free customer relationship management (CRM) software for real estate provides tools to manage listings, track potential buyers, and market their services to leads through email, phone, and social media campaigns, all for no cost. By using a free CRM, real estate businesses can focus on improving other areas of the business. We evaluated free CRM providers that work best for real estate operations and narrowed it down to the top seven options.
- Freshsales: Best overall for agencies that want a free CRM that’s easy to use
- Insightly: Excellent choice for businesses that want a lot of free third-party integration options
- Agile CRM: Great option for real estate agents who want unlimited, free appointment scheduling
- Bitrix24: Recommended for brokerages that want free, built-in project management tools
- HubSpot CRM: Best for real estate teams who want free, all-around marketing capabilities
- IXACT Contact: Ideal for real estate agents new to the industry looking for goal setting help
- Zillow Premier Agent: Suitable for agents who want to generate buyer leads automatically through online ads
How We Evaluated the Best Free CRMs for Real Estate
When selecting an industry-specific CRM, such as platforms designed for real estate, functionality specific to real estate will be one of the most critical factors. We measured this by evaluating capabilities specific to real estate operations, like transaction management, tools for monitoring property listings, and functionally for marketing a real estate agency. We also evaluated each software based on factors like product usability and customer support. Those who are not yet ready to invest in a real estate CRM platform can start by looking at some of the free options available.
Based on our evaluation, Freshsales is the best overall free choice due to its intuitive design and tools that are extremely easy to operate for real estate agents like online website forms, drag-and-drop email campaigns, and a built-in telephonic system.
The tabs below offer insight into our evaluation process for choosing the best free CRM software options for real estate businesses:
40% of Overall Score
In this article, only the CRM providers that offer free plans were evaluated. Additionally, we looked into total prices, varying subscription plans, and whether or not there are flexible billing plans available should businesses see the need to upgrade.
20% of Overall Score
The purpose of any CRM is to provide functional solutions associated with sales, marketing, customer service, and project management. Specifically, we looked at features we consider necessary in a real estate CRM, including mobile capabilities, transaction enablement tools, real estate agency marketing functionality, and the ability to import listing data.
15% of Overall Score
The functions of any application are only as beneficial as they are usable. These criteria were analyzed by knowledge required to set up the CRM, skill needed to operate the platform, and intuitiveness of the user interface.
15% of Overall Score
Extensive support and service can prevent issues that a user might encounter. These were evaluated in terms of customer service hours and availability of support through various channels like phone, live chat, and email.
10% of Overall Score
In addition to first-hand experiences with the providers, we evaluated what other users are saying about each CRM. These criteria consider how other experts rate each CRM and how customers feel based on their reviews to gauge popularity, ease of use, and overall value for money.
Freshsales: Best Overall Free CRM for Usability
*Pricing is based on a monthly billing option. Annual subscriptions are available as well for those who prefer long-term contracts.
Freshsales offers built-in telephonic features, email marketing tools, appointment management features, and online webform generation, all for free. On top of that, real estate businesses will appreciate how easy the platform is to operate due to the limited buttons on the interface. It also has drag-and-drop capabilities for both email designs and workflow management.
The free version also extends to an unlimited number of users and offers a mobile application just as intuitive as the web application. Overall, this platform provides all of the features needed for basic sales and marketing activities at no cost.
However, Freshsales doesn’t integrate with the listing sites commonly used for monitoring property listings, such as Zillow, Trulia, or Realtor.com. For a CRM on this list that can offer those integrations, we recommend Zillow Premier Agent or IXACT Contact as alternatives.
- Drag-and-drop email editing capabilities
- Mobile application included with the free plan
- Telephonic tool in the free version can use local phone numbers
- Multiple built-in contact communication channel options, including phone, email, live chat, WhatsApp, SMS, and Apple Business Chat
- Email marketing campaign capabilities within the free version
Read our full Freshsales review to explore how this software empowers small businesses to engage prospects, manage deals, and collaborate with team members.
Insightly: Best for Integrating With Commonly Used Email & Productivity Applications
Despite many built-in tools not being available and minimum sales pipeline customization on its free plan, Insightly provides businesses with many commonly used third-party integration options for free. Some of these include QuickBooks, Google Workspace, Microsoft Outlook, and Mailchimp. Real estate businesses that want to use some of their existing productivity software at no additional cost can find ample value in Insightly’s free CRM plan.
- Project management features within the CRM for task tracking, calendar synchronization, and custom project processes
- Won leads can be converted to projects on the free plan
- Integration with Mailchimp for free email marketing tools
- Free reporting tools for tracking sales milestones
To learn more about the features and benefits this software offers, read our full Insightly review.
Agile CRM: Best for Free Appointment Scheduling Functionality
*Pricing is based on monthly subscriptions. However, those who prefer long-term contracts may choose annual or two-year contracts.
Agile CRM is free for up to 10 users and offers real estate agents some unique, free features such as web engagement ad pop-ups and a social media tool for managing Twitter accounts. However, the feature that stands out the most is its built-in appointment scheduler that makes scheduling meetings with potential homebuyers, sellers, and renters simple.
Since Agile CRM doesn’t offer telephonic features in their free plan, we recommend Freshsales and HubSpot CRM as valuable alternatives with phone capabilities included in their free plans.
Agile CRM Features
- Appointment scheduling tool is offered for free
- Free synchronization with Google Workspace applications
- Built-in social suite feature is free to use for Twitter monitoring, tweet scheduling, and lead capture
- Free web engagement functions offer live chat assistance to potential customers as well as ad pop-ups
Check out our Agile CRM review to discover how this software can help you achieve your business goals.
Bitrix24: Best for Free Project Management Tools
*Pricing above is based on monthly plans. However, you may also pay in full quarterly, annually, or biannually.
Bitrix24 includes a customizable CRM, but is also highly acclaimed for its project management features because it offers Kanban and Gantt chart project layouts, the ability to create easy-to-view custom task lists, and tools for supervising employee workloads to keep projects on track. Furthermore, most of the project management functions available on the paid plans are available in the free version.
These project management tools make the service even more beneficial to brokerages by offering agents, as well as those employed in other departments like marketing and accounting, the ability to visualize what tasks need to be completed and how each task is related to others. This means that Bitrix24 can help an entire brokerage team plan open houses, stay on top of due diligence tasks or property renovations, and even has tools for creating media such as videos.
- Free built-in video conferencing and screen sharing software
- Mobile card scanner available on the free version
- Free calendar integrations with Google and Outlook
- Strong project management capabilities within the free plan for task monitoring, delegation, and a centralized place for supervisors to track activity
- Free quote proposal generation and invoice management
Want to know if this CRM fits your business needs? Read our comprehensive Bitrix24 review.
HubSpot CRM: Best Comprehensive Free Marketing Tools
*Based on annual billing. Visit its website to view complete pricing details, including the monthly subscription option.
HubSpot CRM stands out as a free real estate CRM useful for executing marketing objectives. It offers built-in tools to handle email marketing, event marketing, and integration capabilities to manage ads and web forms within the platform. Additionally, it offers tools for generating blog ideas and creating marketing plans. Content-specific tools are beneficial for real estate agents who use their brand to communicate complex topics within the market and transaction process.
Since HubSpot CRM doesn’t provide free tools specific to real estate operations, the best free alternative on this list is IXACT Contact because it provides transaction management tools and integrates with listing websites. However, note that the free plan for IXACT Contact is an extended free trial that lasts six months and is only available to new agents.
HubSpot CRM Features
- Free event marketing tools like built-in timelines, flowcharts, and user guides for planning conferences, meetings or webinars
- Landing page builder included as a free supplemental tool
- Free blog idea generator
- Email marketing features are free for up to 2,000 emails per month
- Free mobile apps
Want to know if this CRM fits your business needs? Check out our comprehensive HubSpot CRM review.
IXACT Contact: Best for New Real Estate Agents
IXACT Contact is a comprehensive real estate platform with a limited free version designed for new real estate agents. It is recommended for newcomers for one specific reason—it offers six months of free, full-feature access to rookie agents. Additionally, there are features that newer agents find particularly useful, such as a personalized roadmap tool for setting and achieving sales goals, and new lead capturing capabilities from any website.
Since the free plan option is an extended free trial for new agents that lasts for six months, agencies may want to evaluate CRM alternatives that have free-forever plans and still offer some form of property listings management. The best free alternative on this list that provides that is Zillow Premier Agent. The listings, however, are limited to just Zillow, Trulia, and StreetEasy, and while it is free to use, lead generation is done on a pay-per-lead basis.
IXACT Contact Features
- Built-in contact intelligence feature to monitor former and current buyer information through contact profiles and social media accounts; some of the more personal information includes birthdays, move-in history, referrals, and communication history
- Personalized roadmap tool to create sales goals and lay out the objectives needed to get there
- Ability to create Internet Data Display (IDX) websites in the platform that automatically show up-to-date listings
- Offers concierge setup services where support teams of IXACT Contact help real estate agents in uploading contact lists, developing newsletters, and creating their IDX website
- Social stream add-on, allowing users to automate finding and posting content to social media pages
Zillow Premier Agent: Best for Auto-generating Buyer Leads
*Basic CRM features are free to use; cost is only on a per-lead basis.
Zillow Premier Agent is the most unique, free real estate CRM on this list. It offers free basic features for creating email templates, managing contacts, and generating task lists. It stands out by using a pay-per-performance structure, in which agents pay a fee per lead depending on potential property value and agent competition.
Since Zillow Premier Agent doesn’t offer mass marketing features such as email campaigns and social media content management, brokerages looking for those tools should consider other free alternatives on this list like Agile CRM, HubSpot, Insightly, or Freshsales to meet their marketing needs.
Zillow Premier Agent Features
- Real estate integrations with Zillow, Trulia, StreetEasy, and HotPads
- Automatic buyer introduction to an agent through built-in advertising tools
- Insights on what types of homes buyers are looking for and the ability to make automated recommendations
Read our full Zillow Premier Agent review to discover how it helps real estate companies grow their business.