Mobile customer relationship management (CRM) software allows salespeople to manage customer relationships on their smartphones by providing access to customer information, sales opportunities, and communication tools. We looked at dozens of CRMs with iOS and Android apps, and narrowed them based on overall features and cost to determine these top six mobile CRM apps.
Top 6 Mobile CRM Apps 2020
(Best Overall) Businesses needing a mobile app with access to the entire desktop platform
Businesses wanting a mobile CRM with a great user interface and visual pipeline management
Organizations that want a low-cost, mobile CRM for appointment-based field sales
Businesses needing a fully featured mobile solution with built-in calling from the app
Companies wanting a free CRM with live chat and tools for handling content marketing leads
Field sales teams needing a CRM app that also includes productivity tools like document management
How We Evaluated Mobile CRM Apps
While all mobile CRM apps should provide access to contact records while a salesperson is in the field, the best also provide offline access to your information even when no cellular or Wi-Fi connection is available. Therefore, when evaluating each CRM software’s mobile app, we looked at how each tool keeps your data in sync and available to users on phones and tablets while also considering things like ease of use, other workflow benefits, and technical support.
To determine the best, we compared each mobile app using the following criteria:
- Available CRM features and functionality
- Price to download and required subscription pricing tiers
- Supported devices
- Integration with calendars or mapping software
- User reviews
Based on this criteria, we determined Salesforce Essentials to be the best overall mobile CRM because its smartphone app broadly encompasses all the features and functionality of the desktop app. With its positive user experience and affordable price, Salesforce Essentials ticks all the boxes that sales professionals are looking for in a mobile CRM app.
Salesforce Essentials: Best Overall Mobile CRM App for Small Businesses
What it is: Salesforce Essentials is a powerful CRM with a mobile app that provides users access to Salesforce in its entirety.
What makes it a great mobile CRM app: The Salesforce ecosystem offers an extensive suite of software, including support, marketing automation, ecommerce, and analytics apps. However, it’s the mobile CRM app combined with the Salesforce Inbox mobile app offers comprehensive access to the Salesforce desktop app, that makes it the top overall choice on our list. Since it only supports 10 users, Salesforce Essentials is best for small teams or solopreneurs.
Salesforce Essentials Pros
Salesforce Essentials Cons
Mobile app integration with Siri, Google, and Alexa for hands-free use
Lacks free tier
Includes team collaboration features
Limited to 10 users
90-day free trial period
No product and invoicing tools
Salesforce Essentials Pricing
- Salesforce Essentials: $25 per user, per month for up to 10 users; includes both the sales and service modules
- Salesforce Professional: $75 per user, per month; includes advanced features like lead scoring, forecasting tools, and campaigns
- Free trial: 90 days (Essentials plan only)
Salesforce Essentials Mobile App Features
- Access to your entire Salesforce platform
- Dashboards and reports
- Lead and deal status
- Team collaboration tools
- Artificial intelligence analytics
For details on how Salesforce Essentials can benefit your small business, check out our Salesforce Essentials reviews page.
Pipedrive: Best Mobile CRM App for Visual Pipeline Management
What it is: Pipedrive is a cloud-based CRM with a mobile app that includes note-taking with active sync, call tracking, contact mapping, and lead management.
What makes it a great mobile CRM app: Pipedrive’s mobile deal overview makes it easy to manage your sales pipeline at a glance, making it best for individuals or organizations that want a visual pipeline to manage their sales funnel on the go.
Visual pipeline for tracking deals
Lacks a free plan
Syncing and integration with Google and Microsoft productivity tools
No lead-based routing
Automated transcription of audio notes
Advanced reporting only available on higher service plans
- Essential: $12.50 per user, per month; includes customizable pipelines as well as contact and deal management
- Advanced: $24.90 per user, per month; includes workflow automation and contact data enrichment
- Professional: $49.90 per user, per month; includes web-based calling and customizable dashboards
- Free trial: 14 days
Pipedrive Mobile App Features
- Calendar and contact sync with Google and Microsoft
- Gmail integration
- Audio notes with automated transcription
- Forecast view of upcoming deals
- Daily summary view of changes, tasks, and activities
To read more about the features and benefits of Pipedrive’s mobile app, check out our Pipedrive reviews page.
Freshsales: Best Mobile CRM App for Field Appointment Sales
What it is: Freshsales is a mobile CRM app and a customizable, browser-based CRM that is completely free to use for basic contact management in the office or on iOS or Android phones.
What makes it a great mobile CRM app: The Freshsales mobile app’s calendar displays all your tasks and appointments in a single calendar view, and you can make calls or send emails without leaving the app. Its low price and great features make it the best mobile CRM for growing appointment-based field sales teams.
Free plan supports unlimited users
No offline mode in mobile app
Mobile app features sales activity tracking
Free plan lacks pipeline management
Includes lead scoring
Advanced reporting only available at higher tiers
- Free: Supports unlimited users and basic contact management
- Blossom: $12 per user, per month; includes lead, contact and deal management as well as lead scoring
- Garden: $25 per user, per month; includes multiple sales pipelines, workflow automation, and advanced reports
- Estate: $49 per user, per month; includes advanced customization, smartforms, and auto-profile enrichment
- Free trial for paid plans: 21 days
Freshsales Mobile App Features
- Key metrics reports, including open deals, recent leads, and new contacts
- Book an Uber from the mobile app
- Real-time notifications of meetings, task assignments, leads, and deals
- Voice notes
- Call logging
To learn more about how Freshsales’ mobile app can benefit your sales team, read our Freshsales reviews page.
Zendesk Sell: Best CRM Mobile App With Built-in Calling
What it is: Zendesk Sell is a free mobile CRM app for iOS and Android devices, but requires a subscription to the desktop-based CRM.
What makes it a great mobile CRM app: Users can pay only for Zendesk Sell’s highly rated CRM core functionality or add feature bundles like phone call recording and mass email marketing campaigns. However, it’s Zendesk Sell’s built-in voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) calling that sets this solution apart for sales pros who need a reliable phone on the go.
Zendesk Sell Pros
Zendesk Sell Cons
Built-in VoIP phone
Lacks robust customization options
Offline mode on mobile app
No way to track or forecast deals
Features call recording
No free plan
Zendesk Sell Pricing
- Team: $19 per user, per month; includes contact management, deals, and basic reporting
- Professional: $49 per user, per month; includes Mailchimp integration, sales goals and forecasting, and unlimited custom fields
- Free trial: 14 days
Zendesk Mobile App Features
- Built-in VoIP phone with native phone dialer
- Offline mobile access
- Geolocation for logging visits and looking up directions
- Create notes, filters, and lists
- Call logging
For more on this mobile app’s built-in calling and other features, visit our Zendesk Sell reviews page.
HubSpot: Best Free Mobile CRM With Lead Generation Tools
What it is: HubSpot is a free contact management application with a powerful mobile app that keeps agents connected to leads and customers while out of the office.
What makes it a great mobile CRM app: HubSpot CRM’s mobile app and desktop platform offer advanced functionality like smartform lead capture, a chat widget, and customer support ticketing as well as email tracking and deal management. It can also be integrated with the Sales and Marketing Hubs for additional features, making HubSpot a good choice for companies that use blogging, landing pages, and social media to generate leads.
Offers free plan
Offline access to contacts only
Includes lead generation tools
Lacks marketing automation on free plan
Live chat integration on mobile
Limited customer support
- Free: Includes contact management, deal management, and email marketing
- Sales Hub and Marketing Hub add-ons: $50 per month to $800 per month depending on the specific features added
HubSpot Mobile App Features
- Task lists and to-do reminders
- Offline access to contacts
- Email templates
- Leaderboard and deal updates widgets
- Customizable daily digest view (iOS only)
For insight on what sales professionals think about this HubSpot’s mobile app, read our HubSpot reviews page.
Zoho CRM: Best CRM With an Integrated Productivity Suite
What it is: Zoho CRM is a robust contact management tool that makes it easy to move leads and deals through your sales pipeline. It is part of a complete software suite that includes business email and office tools like word processing software.
What makes it a great mobile CRM app: The mobile app allows you to keep your sales contacts organized on the go, and its collection of productivity tools gives agents what they need to stay productive while out of the office. Zoho CRM is the best choice for teams that need a CRM with built-in resources like word processing and email templates.
Zoho CRM Pros
Zoho CRM Cons
Offers free plan
Free plan limited to three users
Features inventory management
No built-in phone
Social media integration with all plans
Lacks sales pipeline customization
Zoho CRM Pricing
- Free: Includes core contact management, search filters, and email templates for up to three users
- Standard: $12 per user, per month; includes scoring rules, web forms, and custom dashboards
- Professional: $20 per user, per month; includes validation rules and inventory management
- Enterprise: $35 per user, per month; includes advanced customization and multi-user portals
- Free trial for paid plans: 14 days
Zoho CRM Mobile App Features
- Location check-in
- Locate nearby leads or contacts
- Customizable activity feeds
- In-app lead conversion
- Record management
To find out more about how sales professionals use Zoho CRM’s mobile app, check out our Zoho CRM reviews page.
Mobile CRM apps allow sales teams to manage customer relationships, contacts, deals, events, and tasks on the go. Each of the options on this list are great choices for small business sales teams, depending on your specific needs. As a result, giving mobile CRM a try can increase the chances you’ll hit your sales quotas.
Entrepreneurs and sales teams that spend a lot of time out of the office or on the road need a mobile CRM app that mirrors the desktop platform as closely as possible. Salesforce Essentials meets this challenge by providing complete access to its platform right on a smartphone. Visit Salesforce today to learn more and sign up for a free trial.