Most customer relationship management (CRM) systems are designed to be easy to use, but the definition of “easy” varies from user to user. Studies show only 47% of companies reach a 90% post-implementation adoption rate, which gives simple CRMs an edge over complex solutions that may deter user engagement. We reviewed dozens of CRMs to learn which are the easiest to learn and use, and which one is the best overall.
Top 6 Easy-to-Use CRM Systems
(Best Overall) Teams wanting an intuitive, easy-to-use CRM with built-in calling
Small businesses needing a CRM with built-in marketing and service desk capabilities
Companies requiring simple pricing and easy-to-use core CRM tools
Organizations wanting a CRM with an emphasis on visual sales management tools
Businesses wanting a free, no-frills CRM with basic features for unlimited users
Teams looking for a CRM with gamification tools to increase user engagement
How We Evaluated Simple & Easy CRM Software
Simple CRM software is straightforward, with features and pricing that are easy to understand. It should be easy to use, require little technical skill, and need minimal time required to get up and running.
Therefore, the criteria used to assess simple CRMs include:
- Core CRM features like contact management and lead assignment
- Features options like gamification tools to encourage use
- Automation tools for hands-free business workflows
- Database that’s painless to manage and maintain
- Straightforward installation and setup process
- Intuitive interface that’s easy to learn and use
- Affordable, uncomplicated service plans
- Multichannel customer support
- A free trial period
Did you know: You can learn everything about CRM systems, including benefits, costs, and best practices, in our Ultimate Guide to Customer Relationship Management Software.
Freshsales: Best Overall Simple CRM for Small Business
Why it’s best overall: Freshsales earned the top spot in our comparison for its easy-to-understand CRM features and its built-in phone that makes, logs, and records calls in a single click. This is the perfect choice for companies wanting a solution with the combined power of a CRM and a voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) business phone system so users only need to learn a single platform.
Feature-rich integrated phone system
Mobile app lacks some desktop calling features
Offers workflow automation
No templates for frequently used actions like quotes and canned email responses
Contact enrichment via social profiles
Limited overall social media integration
- Free: Supports unlimited users
- Blossom: $12 per user, per month
- Garden: $25 per user, per month
- Estate: $49 per user, per month
- Free trial of paid plans: 21 days
- Five role levels protect data by limiting what activities users can perform.
- Customizable form fields, layouts, and sales pipeline help users focus on what’s important.
- Workflow automations include triggers for lead assignment, personalized emails, and invoicing.
- Training videos onboard new users quickly.
- Customer support includes email, phone, ticketing, and an extensive knowledge base.
See more features on our Freshsales reviews page.
Really Simple Systems: Best CRM for Sales, Marketing & Support Teams
Why it’s a great multiteam CRM: Really Simple Systems lives up to its name with easy-to-learn tools for sales agents, marketing reps, and service desk employees alike. This is a great choice for businesses wanting a solution that keeps campaign and case management data in a single place that’s accessible to all three components of the customer experience journey.
Really Simple Systems Pros
Really Simple Systems Cons
Free email and chat support with all plans
Phone support with paid plans only
Includes task management tools
Limited workflow automation
Accessible from mobile web browser
Lacks mobile apps
Really Simple Systems Pricing
- Free: Supports up to two users
- Starter: $14 per user, per month
- Professional: $30 per user, per month
- Free trial of paid plans: 14 days
Really Simple Systems Features
- Opportunity probability and weightings limit the guesswork involved in sales forecasting.
- Automatically merge records to reduce duplication potential.
- Use native mass email tool to bulk send emails without learning a third-party email client.
- Includes a seven-step setup guide.
- Team training tools include videos, webinars, and a support hub.
See more features on our Really Simple Systems reviews page.
Less Annoying CRM: Best Simple CRM With Straightforward Pricing
Why it’s less annoying: Feature for feature, Less Annoying CRM stacks up well against similar solutions on our list. Where it really shines, though, is its lack of complex pricing tiers that can make choosing the right service plan a chore. All of this CRM’s features are available for a flat fee of $15 per user, per month with no contracts or usage limits, making it the best choice for companies that don’t want to sort through a myriad of service plans to find the best
Less Annoying CRM Pros
Less Annoying CRM Cons
May pay for unneeded features
Extremely short learning curve
Lacks advanced features
Syncs with Google Calendar
Does not offer email integrations
Less Annoying CRM Pricing
- Monthly plan: $15 per user, per month
- Free trial: 30 days
Less Annoying CRM Features
- Manage highly customizable settings for contacts, records, and pipelines in a few clicks.
- Receive free phone and email support, including during the free trial.
- Get free assistance uploading and importing contact files.
- Built-in shared calendar for team insight of events and tasks.
- Strong login credentials and role assignments to protect accidental data access or deletion.
See more features on our Less Annoying CRM reviews page.
Pipedrive: Best Simple CRM With Visual Sales Pipeline Tools
Why visual tools matter: The best type of CRM for your business are those that optimize the way your users learn and work. Some types of CRMs, like Pipedrive, include tools such as visual pipelines and customizable dashboards that appeal to visually oriented workers, like graphic designers or architects.
Lacks a free plan
24/7 multilingual live chat and email support
Phone support limited to top tier plan
Advanced user permissions
Limited to two sets on basic plan
- Essential: $12.50 per user, per month
- Advanced: $24.90 per user, per month
- Professional: $49.90 per user, per month
- Free trial: 14 days
- Visual sales pipeline with drag-and-drop interface.
- Automated workflows, including deal updates and email sends.
- Unlimited cloud storage reduces hunting for documents in multiple locations.
- Audio notes with automated transcription for easy reading.
- Copious training videos and tutorial, online knowledge base, and community hub.
See more features on our Pipedrive reviews page.
HubSpot: Best Simple, Free CRM for Unlimited Users
Why it’s the best free choice: While HubSpot isn’t the only free CRM on our list, it’s our pick for the best free solution for unlimited users. It offers many of the features included with paid CRM solutions, like email integration and pipeline management, bundled in an intuitive, easy-to-learn free package. HubSpot CRM is a good choice for businesses wanting a forever-free system that accommodates large and small teams.
Lively online hub for community support
Free plan lacks direct customer support
Access to HubSpot Insights for company profile enrichment
Limited additional social media tools
Features email tracking
Tracking limited to 200 per month on free plan
- Free: Supports unlimited users
- Sales Hub and Marketing Hub add-ons: $50 to $800 per month
- Integrated live chat support for engaging with customers right in the CRM.
- Includes Gmail and Outlook integration, simplifying email-based activities such as marketing campaigns.
- Canned snippets make it easier to answer frequently asked questions.
- Create standalone or website-embedded forms to efficiently collect customer data.
- Connect supported ad networks for insight into advertising analytics.
See more features on our HubSpot reviews page.
Agile CRM: Best Simple CRM for Increasing User Engagement
Why gamification matters: The best CRM solution on the market won’t help businesses improve the customer experience if no one on the team uses it. Agile CRM’s gamification tools motivate sales teams by supporting friendly competition and encouraging collaboration within the platform. This is a terrific choice for teams that are energized by good-natured rivalry designed to produce superior results.
Agile CRM Pros
Agile CRM Cons
Automation rules available with each plan
Only Enterprise plan offers unlimited rules
Includes social monitoring tools
Not offered with the free plan
Paid plans feature email and phone support
Free plan limited to email support
Agile CRM Pricing
- Free: Supports up to 10 users
- Starter: $8.99 per user, per month
- Regular: $29.99 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $47.99 per user, per month
Agile CRM Features
- Syncs with Google Calendar and includes appointment scheduling tools.
- Add leads, deals, and tasks to CRM with one click.
- Access contacts, deals, and upcoming tasks from the mobile app.
- Manage tasks with drag-and-drop and sort tasks by category.
- Training materials include workshops, webinars, and setup guides.
See more features on our Agile CRM reviews page.