Customer relationship management (CRM) technology allows commercial real estate (CRE) agents and brokers to follow their leads through the sales cycle and engage customers with ongoing communications. To evaluate commercial real estate CRMs, we looked at prices, features, usability, reporting, support, and app integrations to arrive at the six top options and best overall.
Top 6 Commercial Real Estate CRMs 2020
(Best Overall) Companies that want an intelligent, scalable real estate CRM with advanced marketing features and robust support
Teams that want to fully customize their CRM with enhanced communication tools
Small commercial real estate teams or individual brokers seeking an affordable, bare-bones CRM solution
Commercial real estate companies seeking a CRM to manage and streamline complex projects and workflow
Larger brokerages that want a Salesforce-based CRM solution with strong reporting modules
Smaller CRE brokerages looking for an affordable CRM that focuses on client engagement with tools like video text and email
Last updated on 05/15/20
How We Evaluated Commercial Real Estate CRMs
Commercial real estate agents and brokers need CRM software that provides strong contact management and long-term pipeline tracking with in-depth reporting to monitor sales. Automated follow-up features and the ability to customize for individual needs with accessibility on the go through a mobile app are top of the list of important features.
The criteria we used to evaluate the best commercial real estate software include:
- Price: CRMs should offer a robust suite of features for the money. Other factors for pricing include demo access, price breaks for yearly payments, and free trial periods.
- Features: A good CRM should be simple to navigate with an easy-to-use interface and intuitive task management, as well as advanced features like a mobile app, contract management, and administrative-level privileges that address the needs of commercial real estate.
- Sales reporting: The ability to generate a sales report is critical, and should cover the most basic overviews and drill down into customized measurement.
- Third-party integration: The way that a CRM integrates with third-party solutions makes all of the difference in features and usability; some CRMs add services and others streamline the interface with third-party integration.
- Customer support: Customer service should be available with levels of customer support that range from free to paid versions with the ability to get help via chat, phone, email, video, and by accessing an online library.
Chime: Best Overall Commercial Real Estate CRM
Chime is the one-stop-shop for real estate agents seeking to consolidate lead generation, sales funnel tracking, customer communication, and marketing into an easy-to-manage CRM. Although the price is slightly higher than competitors, commercial real estate agencies will find Chime bundles contact and pipeline management with robust marketing and advertising features, including an editable IDX website, without complicating the user experience.
Inconsistent customer support
Add-ons get expensive
Live customer support is an extra fee
- Growth Plan: $499 per agent, per month
- Team Plan: $899 per agent, per month
- Broker Plan: Multi-office plan with customized pricing
- Advertising: $150 to $500 plus 15% management fee
- Pricing information for additional features not available
- Desktop and mobile CRM
- IDX website
- Artificial intelligence (AI) analytics
- Power dialer for automated calls and bulk voicemails
- Team analytics and performance metrics
There is an extensive database of videos and online self-support options. The “Show Me How” feature offers step-by-step instructions. Paid plans offer additional phone and email support.
What Users Think About Chime
Reviewers like the user-friendly interface and all-in-one platform, but many complain that customer support is inconsistent at best, especially when there’s a problem. Check out our Chime reviews page for more details.
Freshsales: Best Commercial Real Estate CRM for Saving Time
Freshsales is a highly customizable CRM with robust features. Its unique at-a-glance layout allows teams to address tasks quickly and move things through the pipeline toward a sale without extra clicks or steps. Freshsales CRM delivers customized lead tracking with time-saving email campaigns, built-in phone app, and advanced reporting at an affordable cost.
Free plan for unlimited users
Software can be glitchy
Great customer support
Expensive for smaller businesses
- Free-forever plan: Free
- Blossom plan: $19 per user, per month
- Garden plan: $35 per user, per month
- Estate plan: $65 per user, per month
- Interactive pipeline management
- Email and event tracking
- Auto-dialer and the ability to accept direct calls in the platform
- Visual sales pipeline
- Revenue analytics and lost deal analysis
Freshsales offers an online self-support library. All plans—even the free accounts—come with 24/5 phone and email support to resolve issues.
What Users Think About Freshsales
Some users reported that the ability to customize Freshsales was an issue and noted that there was a significant slowdown in the syncing abilities. Other reviewers noted that customer service combined with ease of use were winners. View our Freshsales CRM reviews page for more details.
Apptivo: Best CRM for a Bare-bones Commercial Real Estate Software
Apptivo is a minimal version of a commercial real estate CRM that manages customer engagement and nurtures leads through the sales process. With a focus on task management and ease of movement through the pipeline, Apptivo has streamlined sales and reporting modules at a more affordable price point. Apptivo is right for small agencies looking for a basic CRM with a low learning curve.
Good customer support
No social media integrations
Affordable, cloud-based platform
Slow to load
No mobile optimization
- Starter plan: Free for up to three users
- Premium plan: $10 per user, per month
- Ultimate plan: $25 per user, per month
- Enterprise plan: Larger brokerage plan; pricing based on needs
- Contact management and sharing
- Performance dashboard
- Contract management
- High-volume email capability
- Marketing automation
Apptivo offers robust customer support at every level. The Starter plan has email support during business hours during the week and 24/7 chat support to make sure easy or complex questions are answered efficiently. The paid support package adds phone support and enhanced email customer support with a live chat option.
What Users Think About Apptivo
Many reviewers note that Apptivo is a great alternative to the heavy feeling of Salesforce. With an easy-to-customize platform, Apptivo is a lightweight version of a CRM with heavyweight features. Others have noted that Apptivo is not easy to expand or scale as a business grows. Read our Apptivo review page for more details.
Insightly: Best CRM for Project Management
Insightly is a highly customizable CRM that focuses on using project management tools to track leads through the sales funnel and a pipeline to drive sales. Insightly is not an industry-specific CRM, but it works well for CRE brokers who need to monitor tasks and turn leads into transactions while on the go. It is best suited for small to medium CRE brokerages.
Free plan is very limited
Extensive integration options
Cannot import/export data
Upcharge for customer support and training sessions
- Free plan: Offers basic features, limited to two users
- Plus plan: $29 per user, per month
- Professional plan: $49 per user, per month
- Enterprise plan: $99 per user, per month
- 14-day free trial
- Mobile CRM
- Custom Kanban pipeline
- Custom task and project management
- Workflow automation
- Integrated click-to-call
Insightly mainly offers email-only customer support combined with online videos and articles. Basic email support is available starting with the Plus package, and priority support begins at the Professional package. Phone and email support response time, usually within a few hours, is only available with the purchase of a customer support package. The addition of a support package starting at $1,500 per year might be a deal-breaker for many small or medium-sized companies.
What Users Think About Insightly
Reviewers often reported that Insightly seemed overwhelming or more complex than necessary to complete simple tasks. Often, people reported that it was hard to get customer service to respond to issues. Have a look at our Insightly CRM reviews to see more details.
Propertybase: Best for Large Real Estate Companies Using Salesforce
Propertybase is a more expensive option for larger commercial real estate companies familiar with Salesforce that want the convenience of an all-in-one marketing, CRM, and IDX website portal that enhances lead generation. As a turnkey commercial real estate CRM software built on Salesforce, Propertybase ticks all of the boxes for lead management for Salesforce users.
All-in-one Salesforce platform
Customizable performance metrics
Customer service can be slow
Wide range of third-party integrations
Add-ons get expensive
- Company plan (small team): $69 per user, per month
- Enterprise plan: $89 per user, per month
- 14-day free trial
- Transaction management
- Referral tracking
- Marketing automation
- Bulk email and drip campaigns
- Highly visual, customizable reports and metrics
Propertybase customer support is mainly available through the online library and support ticket submission. Support cases can take up to 48 hours to answer. There is enhanced customer support that includes callbacks and live screen contact with a representative available to premier subscribers.
What Users Think About Propertybase
Most users feel Propertybase is a solid, all-in-one CRE-focused solution. Some users noted that the price was on the high side and lack of customer service caused problems in everyday use. Check out our Propertybase CRM reviews for more details.
LionDesk: Best CRM for Sending Mass Video Texts & Emails
LionDesk is a real estate-specific CRM that is scalable to any sized firm. They offer the ability to utilize bulk email marketing with metrics to evaluate success and a generous 30-day free trial to see if it’s a good fit for a CRE brokerage.
Video emails and texts
AI lead qualification
Short on consumer-facing tools like market report templates
30-day free trial
Interface can be glitchy
- Pro plan: $25 per user, per month
- Pro Plus plan: $49 per user, per month
- Enterprise plan: $99 per user, per month
- 30-day free trial
- Video text and emails
- AI lead qualification feature (called “Gabby”)
- Integrates with hundreds of other software platforms
- Short SMS codes for signs and riders
LionDesk offers an online help desk with instructions and training videos on all the site’s features. Users can place a request for one-on-one support using an online form.
What Users Think About LionDesk
Reviewers love the video emails and texts, and the ability to send them in bulk. Some people noted that it does take time to learn how to use all of LionDesk’s features. See our LionDesk reviews page to see specifics from other users.
A truly useful commercial real estate CRM combines ease of use with features to track leads through the pipeline and manage the complex nature of highly structured CRE deals. This comparison yielded the above six best commercial real estate CRMs for companies seeking an affordable solution for contact tracking and sales funnel management.
Chime finished at the top of the list of the best commercial real estate CRMs because, although it’s not CRE-specific, the all-inclusive nature of the service offerings, even at a slightly higher price point, covers everything a brokerage needs to succeed. Chime is a good choice for growing commercial real estate offices seeking a turnkey solution including IDX website, marketing, and CRM. Learn more about Chime with a free demo.