This article is part of a larger series on CRM.
Real estate client relationship management (CRM) software streamlines the process of managing property transactions, contacts, and monitoring listings. The best real estate CRMs also have features for generating and communicating with leads as well as marketing to them through email, phone, online advertising, and social media. We looked at several options that work well for real estate agents and brokerages and narrowed it down to the eight best CRMs for real estate.
Based on use cases and strengths, here are the top CRMs for real estate agents, teams, and brokerages:
- Pipedrive: Best overall real estate CRM, and best for agents, teams, or brokerages that want a low-cost CRM with a mix of essential features
- LionDesk: Best CRM for real estate agencies looking for multi-channel communication capabilities
- Copper: Best for agents and brokerages that use Google Workspace and want to streamline operations across departments
- HubSpot CRM: Best CRM for real estate agents for those wanting built-in content management tools
- Follow Up Boss: Best option for real estate agencies that want advanced automation tools
- IXACT Contact: Top choice for rookie real estate agents who are new to the real estate industry
- Top Producer CRM: Great option for real estate agencies that want to centralize leads from multiple sources
- Propertybase: Best CRM for real estate brokerages looking for built-in clerical and administrative tools
At a Glance Comparison Table
$14.90 per user, per month
14-day full access
Marketing app integrations
Email and live chat
$21 per month
Phone, email, and text campaigns
Print ad & digital media marketing
Phone, email, and live chat
$25 per user, per month
Email and phone
14-day trial for CMS and Operations hub
Marketing Hub for social media, email, and text campaigns
Blog, website, and search engine optimization (SEO)
Phone, email, and live chat
$69 per user, per month
Email, text, and phone campaigns
Email and phone
$33 per month (billed annually)
Up to 6 months for new agents
Social media and IDX listings website management
Phone, email, and live chat
$60 per user, per month
Market Snapshot reports
Phone, email, and live chat
$79 per user, per month
Email, print, and text campaigns
Social media and website management
Email and phone
Not sure of which real estate CRM is best for your business? Take this quiz to start exploring CRM options.
Which real estate CRM software is right for you?
Pipedrive: Best Overall Real Estate CRM
*Pricing is based on an annual billing option. Monthly plans are available as well, but will cost significantly more. For example, the starter price of $14.90 per user, per month increases to $18 when paid monthly.
Despite being a general-purpose CRM rather than an industry-specific one, Pipedrive tops our list of the best real estate CRMs. It offers essential tools that are especially appealing to real estate agencies, like document management tools, email marketing functionality, and integrations with Zillow, which is one of the best real estate lead generation websites along with other essential tools.
The drop-and-drag sales pipeline allows agents and teams to track the progress of their leads to focus on those most likely to convert. Set reminders and tasks to organize your communication and dealings with current and past clients to ensure you are prioritizing and nurturing everyone in your pipeline. In addition, customizable reports will help to track performance, predict revenue, and calculate your return on investment (ROI).
Plus, Pipedrive offers application programming interface (API) integrations with the base plan unlike other providers, which lock integrations behind higher plan tiers. These integrations enable you to connect Pipedrive with the other applications and software tools your team uses to work day in and day out.
Relative to the other paid plans on this list, Pipedrive offers the most value at the best starting price and plans that scale as the size and needs of your real estate business grows. There are, however, some alternatives to Pipedrive that offer more robust lead nurturing communication.
For example, HubSpot’s landing pages and web forms are built to generate leads through lead capture forms. On the other hand, LionDesk offers a Facebook ad integration that syncs directly to their CRM to begin marketing via email and text drip campaigns. To find CRMs specific to real estate that you can use at no cost, try HubSpot or check out our guide on the best free real estate CRM software.
- Built-in digital signature and document tracking capabilities for transaction enablement
- Artificial intelligence (AI) sales assistant feature to improve decision-making and performance by analyzing past performance and then suggesting new solutions, such as which prospects to prioritize
- Emails are automatically linked to contacts, deals, and opportunities in the pipeline
- Smart contact data feature provides valuable insight on prospective buyers
- Mobile application auto-syncs real-time data updates with the web app
Want to learn more about this CRM? Check out our expert Pipedrive review to learn more about its pros and cons and find out whether it’s a good fit for your real estate business.
LionDesk: Best for Multi-channel Communications
*Based on annual billing. Monthly subscriptions are also available at slightly higher rates.
LionDesk offers powerful communication capabilities from an array of channels. It has a calling center, which includes a built-in power dialer that allows agents to go through call lists quickly while automatically updating the activity in the CRM records. You can also deploy mass or drip email or short message service (SMS) text video content campaigns. Its AI feature, ISA, will even conduct automated text conversations with your leads over a 12-month period.
The enhanced drip campaigns feature gives agencies the ability to send mass, automated messages to potential buyers and sellers through phone, email, or text. In addition, LionDesk has tools to design both digital and printed media for marketing listings, services provided, and real estate farming campaigns. This can be incredibly useful for agents using direct mail campaigns to target niche real estate clientele.
Since LionDesk doesn’t have built-in tools for managing projects, real estate agents and brokerages may want to consider alternative CRM solutions such as Bitrix24, Apptivo, and Insightly for project management. You can use these either in substitution or in addition to LionDesk. LionDesk also lacks contract management tools, but you can get these through integrations or check out Propertybase, which has built in features for contract management.
- AI lead follow-up feature uses an auto-bot to have a live chat conversation with potential buyers
- Facebook Ad portal for ad generation within the LionDesk platform
- Transaction management tools for tracking properties and closings
- Lead importing capabilities through third-party sites like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com
- Drip campaign tools built-in for sending automated messages through emails, texts, and phone calls
Read our comprehensive LionDesk review to find out who this CRM is best-suited for and get more information on whether LionDesk is right for your business.
Copper: Best All-in-One CRM for Google Workspace Users
*Pricing is based on annual billing. Monthly billing is also available at a higher price.
Among the best CRMs in real estate, Copper stands out as having been specifically created to have the same feel as the Google Workspace applications, and it integrates with them seamlessly. Additionally, it provides agents with auto-enriched profiles, pulling information about potential buyers’ and sellers’ likes and interests directly from their email and social media accounts.
Copper users can also handle back-office tasks like transaction enablement and accounting within the platform. For example, there are integration capabilities with DocuSign to handle contract signings and QuickBooks to handle bookkeeping. Check out our guide on the best CRM for operations for other options that include features benefiting accounting and marketing teams in addition to sales agents.
For brokerages that want all of the built-in tools and integrations offered by Copper, but are not Google Workspace users, we recommend Insightly as a very similar alternative. Insightly also has built-in project management features and can handle back-office tasks like document signing with integrations with Adobe Sign, DocuSign, and HelloSign. It can also manage accounting activities through integrations with QuickBooks and FreshBooks.
- Built-in, premade email templates within the platform
- Auto-enriched contact profile functionality scrapes the internet for company information and social profiles and adds them to the CRM contact profile
- Integrates and syncs with Google Workspace applications like Sheets, Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Slides, Calendar, Hangouts, Drive, and Studio
- Integrates with QuickBooks for invoicing and accounting capabilities
- DocuSign integration for e-signature and contract generation features
HubSpot CRM: Best CRM for Managing Content
*Qualifying businesses may be able to save up to 90% through the HubSpot for Startups initiative.
Many real estate agents use content marketing to educate potential buyers and sellers to enhance their brand presence and neighborhood expertise. HubSpot simplifies this strategy as it has a content management system (CMS) within the platform that integrates with its CRM features. The CMS Hub gives businesses the power to create a website with drag-and-drop editing and offers search engine optimization (SEO) recommendations automatically.
Agents who manage websites and social media pages also have access to supplemental free tools, such as a blog idea generator, marketing plan creation tool, and website grader feature. Additionally, HubSpot Academy is packed with free video tutorials that walk users through every aspect of content marketing on the platform. Customize your HubSpot plan by creating a customized hub bundle with the features that most benefit your real estate business.
Because HubSpot CRM quickly gets expensive after the Starter plan, consider Pipedrive as a lower-cost alternative. Its pricing starts at $14.90 per user, per month, and their highest level Enterprise plan is only $99 per user, per month. While it doesn’t offer the content management tools you’ll find in HubSpot, you can conduct email and text marketing campaigns from Pipedrive and leverage integrations to assist with other content-related tasks.
HubSpot CRM Features
- Free blog idea generation tool
- Built-in sales email automation capabilities
- Free built-in appointment scheduler
- Built-in content management system (CMS) that integrates with the CRM platform
- Ability to design custom layouts for contacts, deals, and service ticket records
Want to know if the HubSpot CRM is a good fit for the needs of your real estate business? Check out our comprehensive HubSpot CRM review.
Follow Up Boss: Best for Advanced Automation Features
*Prices based on monthly billing. Annual billing is also available, which offers two months for free.
Follow Up Boss helps real estate agencies fulfill their sales and marketing goals through its built-in calling, texting, and emailing communication tools. It also has a smart list functionality that organizes and prioritizes warmer prospects who are more likely to buy.
Follow Up Boss allows users to configure rules to expand its real estate lead generation and follow-up capabilities to more than just automatically sending marketing messages. It can also auto-refer leads to partner businesses like lenders or insurance agencies and send timely messages to contacts based on rules, such as sending a happy birthday text on a contact’s birthday.
Since Follow Up Boss doesn’t offer built-in transaction management tools, agents who prioritize this type of functionality in their CRM should look at alternatives Top Producer CRM and Propertybase. Both provide built-in transaction management tools to streamline the administrative tasks of a property transaction.
Follow Up Boss Features
- Configure automations to nurture long-term buyers, follow up with an old lead who has new activity, send timely messages, and automatically send lead referrals to partners
- Built-in telephone features for call dialing and receiving inbound calls, and the mobile app has functions available for making calls, sending texts, emailing, accessing lead data, taking notes, collaborating with teams, and tracking lead sources
- Leaderboard tool can be used to recognize and coach agents by broadcasting sales performance indicators like sales closed and prospects generated
IXACT Contact: Best for New Real Estate Agents
IXACT Contact is excellent real estate CRM software for new agents for several reasons. The first is simply economical, as IXACT Contact offers a six-month free trial with all features included for new real estate agents who have become licensed within the past 12 months. This is an incredible opportunity for new agents to get their business up and running with professional CRM tools at no cost.
Another reason is IXACT Contact’s personalized roadmap feature. This feature allows real estate agents to create sales goals and lays out the objectives needed to hit those goals to ensure a successful real estate career.
New agents who haven’t used a CRM for real estate before will also see value in the concierge setup services provided. The concierge setup services give agents setup assistance in uploading contact lists, creating monthly email newsletters, establishing the keep-in-touch strategy, automating lead capture, and creating their IDX real estate listing website.
IXACT Contact has a limited mobile app, only allowing users to communicate with contacts, view listings, and manage task activities. Top Producer CRM is a great alternative if you need a robust mobile app that allows users to communicate with contacts, access a follow-up coach, schedule appointments, manage tasks, create notes, follow up with leads, and view property listings.
Unfortunately, you’ll have to pay more for important features like email and text marketing capabilities through IXACT Contact add-ons. Since these are volume based, you’ll also pay more if you send a lot of texts or email messages. Try LionDesk for more extensive text and email marketing capabilities right out of the gate.
IXACT Contact Features
- Built-in contact intelligence feature monitors lead information through contact profiles and social media accounts, including birthdays, move-in history, referrals, and communication history
- Personalized roadmap tool for creating sales goals and outlining the objectives needed to achieve them is especially helpful to new agents
- Ability to create Internet Data Exchange (IDX) websites in the platform that automatically shows up-to-date real estate listings
- Email marketing add-on includes automated drip campaigns for mass emailing and the ability to automatically generate email newsletters
- Social stream add-on allows users to automate finding and posting content to social media pages
Top Producer CRM: Real Estate Agencies That Want to Centralize All Lead Sources
*Pricing is for monthly billing. Annual billing is available at a lower price.
Top Producer CRM is the best CRM for real estate agencies and brokerages that want to centralize lead management and marketing activities into one platform. The most notable standout of Top Producer CRM is the FiveStreet real estate lead management feature, which allows agencies to consolidate buyer and seller leads into the CRM from more than 100 different vendors, such as Trulia, Zillow, RE/MAX, and Realtor.com. It also integrates with productivity applications like Gmail and Outlook.
“X Factors” included in the Top Producer CRM give valuable 360° insights into leads by syncing information from social media profiles, occupations, locations, and more. Another X Factor is Market Snapshot, which provides market reports, listing updates, neighborhood trends, and more. Send these reports to clients and prospective leads for engagement, education, and to highlight your value as a real estate professional.
Since Top Producer CRM can only handle invoicing activities through integrations, real estate businesses looking for built-in tools to create invoices can look to HubSpot CRM as an alternative as it offers a built-in invoice generator tool. Though Top Producer CRMs integration capabilities are impressive, it’s worth noting that Pipedrive offers an expansive list of native and API custom integration capabilities beginning at its lowest-cost tier, at just $14.90 per user, per month.
Top Producer CRM Features
- Import contact lists from real estate websites such as Zillow, multiple listing services (MLS), Trulia, and productivity applications like Gmail and Outlook
- Social insights tool gathers information from a lead’s social media accounts, consolidating social bios, interests, and the links to their online profiles into one view for agents
- Ability to design IDX websites within the platform to automatically update property real estate listings on the website
- Through integration with Zapier, leads can be imported directly into the CRM from Facebook Ads and Google Forms
- Simplified workflows that customize follow-up rules and sync contacts, calendar, and email
- Reporting capabilities for tracking projected and earned commissions
Want to learn more about this Top Producer CRM? Check out our expert Top Producer CRM review, where we explore its rich feature set and explain what type of real estate businesses benefit most from the software.
Propertybase: Best for Real Estate Clerical & Administrative Tools
*Prices are for annual billing and just for the CRM. Additional features for website and transaction management have additional costs.
Propertybase has a back-office feature that includes tools for some administrative tasks associated with real estate transactions, such as e-signature, compliance assistance, and secure document storage. Real estate agents can make sure mistakes are minimized by collaborating with managers before closings.
Using the secure intranet feature, which can be accessed by both the agent and the brokerage management, each of the tools for administrative tasks and transaction management are integrated, creating a streamlined workflow. Since transaction management tools are critical to a real estate operation but they cost more with Propertybase, we recommend Pipedrive and Top Producer CRM as the best CRM alternatives with transaction management tools—but without an added cost.
- E-signature tool built in to the transaction management features
- Ability to utilize a secure intranet as part of the platform
- Drag-and-drop email customization features
- Has an easy-to-use website builder that includes Internet Data Exchange (IDX), which can display up-to-date property listings on your website
- Collaboration tools within the transaction management features that allow managers to review and approve documentation prior to closing on properties
How We Evaluated the Best CRMs for Real Estate
When selecting an industry-specific CRM, such as real estate, niche-specific value is one of the most critical factors. We measured this by evaluating pricing and capabilities specific to real estate businesses, such as functions for promoting services to buyers or sellers, tools for posting up-to-date property listings, and functions for managing transaction opportunities. In addition, factors associated with product usability and customer support were evaluated.
Based on our evaluation, Pipedrive is the best overall choice for its super-competitive pricing and essential, useful features for real estate firms, such as e-signature capabilities and a mobile app. It also integrates with PropertyRadar, an up-to-date database with extensive property ownership information. Since they offer a 14-day free trial with full access to the platform’s capabilities, there’s no risk for you to try it today.
The tabs below offer insight into our evaluation process for choosing the best CRM for real estate options:
40% of Overall Score
Total costs and various pricing options are typically the most important criteria for any small business decision, so it is most heavily weighed when reviewing the best CRM software for real estate agents and brokerages. We considered access to free account options, varying subscription plans, and whether or not there are monthly billing plans available.
20% of Overall Score
The purpose of any CRM is to provide functional solutions associated with sales, marketing, customer service, and project management. Specifically, we looked at features that we consider necessary in a solid real estate CRM, including mobile capabilities, contract management tools, email marketing functionality, and mechanisms for bringing buyers and sellers to agents.
15% of Overall Score
The functions of any application are only as beneficial as it is usable. These criteria were analyzed by knowledge required to set up the CRM, skill needed to operate the platform, and intuitiveness of the user interface.
15% of Overall Score
Extensive support and service can prevent issues that a user might encounter. These are evaluated in terms of customer service hours and availability of support through various channels like phone, live chat, and email.
10% of Overall Score
In addition to our firsthand experiences with the providers, we evaluated what others users are saying about each of the best real estate CRM platforms. These criteria consider how customers feel based on their reviews to gauge overall popularity, ease of use, value for money, and how beneficial some of the built-in features are to users.