The Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC)-required 63 hours of prelicensing and 45 hours of post-licensing, 14 hours of continuing education, and 60 hours of broker licensing education are big time and money commitments toward your successful real estate career. To guarantee a worthwhile learning experience, we analyzed course features, learning formats, pricing, and customer reviews of national and local online real estate schools in Florida to catapult you to success.
Those seeking a good mix of high-quality licensing education, course variety, and student support
New and established agents looking for the most affordable self-paced education
Agents who need additional math help to prepare for the Florida licensing exam
Students who want the greatest degree of choice in course format
Aspiring agents and experienced professionals who learn best by reading reference text
Professionals who want 24/7 live instructor support
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Florida real estate license education: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our step-by-step guide on How to Become a Real Estate Agent in Florida to help you get started.
How We Evaluated the Top Online Real Estate Schools in Florida
To create this list of high-quality education providers we considered both regional schools with benefits for local agents as well as national brands recognized as being some of the best-accredited schools nationwide. We then compared their course offerings, looking for those you could complete from the comfort of your pool deck, that catered to a variety of price points, learning styles, and experience levels.
Real Estate Express topped the chart as the best overall online real estate school in Florida with a score of 4.31 out of 5. Real Estate Express ranks higher than other online schools with its technologically robust platform, expert instructor support, and reasonable prices. In addition to those attributes, we also explored the following criteria:
35% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost for prelicensing and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
The level of courses provided by each site according to licensing stage: prelicensing classes for new agents, post-licensing courses for agents who are seeking their broker license, continued education for licensed agents looking for license renewal options, and exam preparation.
35% of Overall Score
Consists of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
15% of Overall Score
Convenience and attainability of customer service support for technical support and instructor assistance.
15% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to value for money, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
Real Estate Express: Best Overall High-quality Real Estate Education
The technological tools provided by Real Estate Express distinguish this education provider from its competitors. The Learning Management System (LMS) guides you through the education process with a variety of tools whether you are becoming a real estate agent for the first time or have decades of experience in the industry.
The LMS dashboard gives access to live interaction with other students and expert instructors as well as question and answer (Q&A) sessions and forums. Additionally, their “Smart Bites” learning tool breaks down real estate instruction into smaller, more easily comprehended pieces to help you prep for and pass your Florida real estate exam.
Discount: For Fit Small Business readers, use promo code FSB25 for 25% off your purchase of any Real Estate Express class. Click here to get started.
Many customers appreciated the ability to complete courses at their own pace and found the information comprehensive. Others were challenged by the format and layout, so if you’re looking for additional course formats, check out Kaplan.
Although pricing may appear complicated, Real Estate Express pricing differs from the other schools in giving you full-course packages with the ability to add on features to enhance your learning experience.
Prelicensing: Starting at $132
All packages include 63 hours of prelicensing classes, 3 e-books, and instructor support.
- The Basics: $132 includes everything above
- Exam Preparation: $205 includes everything in The Basics plus “Pass or Don’t Pay” guarantee, exam prep, and exam-cram video and workbook
- Exam Preparation Plus: $319 includes everything in the packages above plus 45-hour post-licensing courses, dictionary, exam-cram video, and instructor Q&A
- Ultimate Learning: $439 includes everything in the packages above plus printed textbook, 90-day boot camp, and “How To Do the Job” content
- Individual courses available from $99 to $117 each
Post-licensing: Starting at $99
- Post-License Basics (Salesperson): $99 includes 45-hour course, instructor support, education concierge, and discussion board
- Post-License Book Bundle (Salesperson): $129 includes everything above plus printed textbook
- Broker Post-License Basics: $199 includes 60-hour course, instructor support, education concierge, and discussion board
Broker Prelicensing: Starting at $199
Both packages include 72-hour broker courses, e-books, instructor support, and a discussion board.
- Broker Basics: $199 includes everything above
- Broker Ultimate Learning: $398 includes everything in Broker Basics plus printed textbook and 60-hour broker post-licensing courses
Continued Education: Starting at $14.97*
- 14-hour First Renewal Package: $19.95
- 14-hour Correspondence Renewal Package: $24.95
- Florida McKissock CE PLUS Membership: $57 includes access to all continuing education (CE) courses in Florida, a real estate coaching tool, access to the pro-series on-demand webinar library, how-to videos, Sherri Johnson 90-day Boot Camp, 100+ job aids―worksheets, scripts, and checklists―product and service discounts, and knowledgeable education specialists.
- Individual courses can be purchased from $14.97 to $99 based on credit hours
*Offered through its partner company, McKissock Learning
Exam Prep: $99
The CE Shop: Most Affordable Licensing Education
If you’re saving up to see Pit Bull or the Dolphins at Hard Rock Stadium, The CE Shop is your most affordable choice for an online real estate school in Florida. Although their courses are 100% self-paced, they allow for interactive content so that you get the best of both learning environments.
Through their custom platform, LEAP 2.0, you get unlimited practice tests with custom feedback and customer support available 7 days a week. Another unique component of The CE Shop is its integration with Facebook. Using your Facebook account, you can collaborate with other students and real estate experts through the Student Forum.
Users felt that the courses from The CE Shop were well-presented and contained relevant information they could apply to their real estate career while some individuals felt they would benefit from more live support. If that sounds like you, consider the live instruction from Florida Real Estate School.
As a national provider, The CE Shop offers tiered packages as well as individual courses tailored to your educational needs.
Prelicensing: Starting at $119
All prelicensing packages include the 63 required hours of prelicensing education as well as business e-books, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, study schedules, and instructor-led webinars.
- Basic: $119 includes everything above
- Standard: $179 includes everything in the Basic package plus exam prep and pass guarantee
- Value: $219 includes everything in the packages above plus a building business course
- Premium: $279 includes everything in the packages above plus 45-hours of post-licensing classes
- For Salespeople: Two full 45-hour packages available for $99 each
- For Brokers: Full 60-hour package available for $145
- Individual courses for purchase from $45 to $89 depending on credit hours
Continued Education: Starting at $19
- Full 14-hour packages can be purchased for $19 for salesperson and broker courses
- Individual courses can be purchased from $9 to $99 based on credit hours
Exam Prep: $119
- Available for salesperson exam only
MLS Campus Real Estate School: Best for Study & Exam Preparation
Straight out of Mickey Mouse’s hometown of Orlando is MLS Campus Real Estate School, which has great real estate licensing courses including top-notch Florida real estate exam preparation. The self-paced courses are structured to optimize your online learning experience so you will be fully prepared for the exam and a successful real estate career.
Two standout features of the program are the audio course and the math cram course. For those who like to multitask, the audio version―available for an additional cost―enables you to listen to the entire course unit by unit so you can work out, commute, or clean while getting your real estate education.
If math is not your forte, the math cram course from MLS Campus is perfect for you. Since about ten questions on the Florida licensing exam rely specifically on math calculations, the course provides math practice tests that focus on calculating commission, property taxes, and other necessary math formulas.
With a perfect 5 out of 5 star rating, MLS Campus Real Estate School boasts helpful staff, well-organized learning materials, and digestible information. Since they specialize in pre-made packaged courses, if you’re looking to customize your classes, try The CE Shop or Real Estate Express.
MLS Campus Real Estate School offers classes for every stage of your real estate career but, unlike its competitors, they only offer packages rather than individual classes.
Prelicensing: Starting at $119.99
All packages include 63 hours of prelicensing classes, end-of-course practice and final exams, end-of-course certificate, licensed real estate instructors, support 7 days a week, student forum, and 30-day refund policy.
- Basic Package: $119.99 includes everything above
- Passing Package: $159.99 includes everything in the Basic package plus Florida state real estate licensing exam prep master
- Get It All Package: $189.99 includes everything in the packages above plus Florida state exam math cram
- Get It All Plus Audio Package: $209.99 includes everything in the packages above plus course audio
Post-licensing: Starting at $99.99
- 45-hour course (Salesperson): $99.99
- 45-hour course plus audio (Salesperson): $119.99
- 30-hour brokerage or residential marketing (Broker): $99.99
- 30-hour brokerage or residential marketing plus audio (Broker): $119.99
- 60-hour combo (Broker): $199.99
- 60-hour combo plus audio (Broker): $219.99
Broker Prelicensing: Starting at $199.99
All packages include 72 hours of broker prelicensing classes, end-of-course practice and final exams, end-of-course certificate, licensed real estate instructors, 7 days a week support, student forum, and 30-day refund policy.
- Basic Package: $199.99 includes everything above
- Passing Package: $259.99 includes everything in the Basic package plus Florida state exam prep master
- Get It All Package: $299.99 includes above plus Florida state exam math cram
- Get It All Plus Audio Package: $319.99 includes everything in the packages above plus course audio
- Out of State Get It All Package: $359.99 includes everything in the packages above minus audio, but does in 63-hour sales associate review
- Out of State Get It All Package: $379.99 includes everything in the packages above plus audio
Continuing Education: Starting at $19.99
- 14-hour Course: $19.99
- 14 hour Course plus Audio: 29.99
Exam Prep: Starting at $49.99
- Salesperson Exam Prep Master: $49.99
- Salesperson Exam Math Cram: $39.99
- Broker Exam Prep Master: $69.99
- Broker Exam Math Cram: $59.99
Kaplan: Best Online School for Most Course Format Variety
For aspiring or experienced agents who are looking for a particular learning environment to match their learning style, Kaplan provides the most extensive variety of course format options. You can choose from an entire course package or mix and match your courses to learn via livestream, on-demand video, and/or self-paced classes.
All of the courses are written by real estate professionals so you can be assured you’re getting practical information to apply to your real estate career as well as pass your initial license exam. Even though Kaplan is a nationwide brand, it has the distinction of offering a local Florida touch by partnering with Bob Hogue School of Real Estate (BHSRE), situated in sunny St. Petersburg.
Students raved about the professionalism and knowledge of the expert faculty at Kaplan, while some students found the cost to be a bit high for them. For a lower-priced online real estate school in Florida, take a look at The CE Shop or Mbition.
Similar to MLS Campus Real Estate School, Kaplan provides packages for purchase rather than individual courses to choose from.
Prelicensing: Starting at $245
All packages include 63 hours of courses, licensed instructor, and interactive group study.
- Basic Course Package (self-paced or instructor-led live): $245 to $295
- Career Builder Package (self-paced or instructor-led live): $495 to $545 includes everything in the Basic package plus state exam prep course, audiobook, and real estate accelerator course
Post-licensing: Starting at $145
- Self-Study Online (Salesperson): $145
- Instructor-led Live (Salesperson): $195
- Self-Study Online (Broker): $250
- Instructor-led Live (Broker): $290
Broker Prelicensing: Starting at $345
- Self-Study Online: $345
- Instructor-led Live: $395
Continuing Education: Starting at $19.95
- 14-hour course (Self-Paced or Correspondence Open Book): $19.95
- Live Online Instructor-Led: $75
- Can be purchased for salesperson or broker CE
Exam Prep: Starting at $49
- Self-Study Online: $49
- Live Online Instructor-Led: $95
- Can be purchased for salesperson or broker CE
Mbition: Best Online Real Estate School in Florida for Text-based Learners
Mbition is the hassle-free way to complete your 14 hours of continued education to renew your real estate license in Florida. Their 100% self-paced courses are available for purchase in complete packages.
The courses were designed by industry experts with the end goal in mind of passing your state exam. A noteworthy mention of Mbition is the addition of e-books and textbooks to aid in your understanding of materials for the exam as well as practical application in your career.
Mbition, formerly known as OnCourse Learning, had reviews that praised their attainable online education that emulates a classroom experience. A few mentioned they hoped for more career guidance, so a better option may be Florida Real Estate School to gain advice from local professionals.
Although Mbition does not offer as many course options as its competitors, they have comprehensive packages that fulfill all Florida real estate course hour requirements.
Prelicensing: Starting at $129
All packages include 63 hours of education, Mathmaster, instructor support, and technical support.
- Silver Package: $129 includes everything above
- Gold Package: $169 includes everything in the Silver package plus pass guarantee, national exam prep, and state exam prep
- Platinum Package: $199 includes everything in the packages above plus exam prep toolkit and textbook
Post-licensing: Starting at $55
- Florida Sales Associate Post-License Package: $55 includes 45 hours of salesperson post-licensing courses
- Florida Broker Post-License Package: $149 includes 60 hours of broker post-licensing courses
Broker Prelicensing: $300
Continuing Education: $18.99
Exam Prep: Starting at $55
- Florida Exam Prep: $55
- National Exam Prep: $59
- National and State Exam Prep: $129
Florida Real Estate School: Best for Live Instructor Support
Voted the best real estate school in Florida for three years in a row at the Student’s Choice Teaching Awards, Florida Real Estate School is highly ranked for live instructor support, which sets it apart from competitors. Instructors are available by phone 24/7, and you can also try the courses free with a 15-minute demo.
Although the courses are not live, they give a live feel with fully narrated and interactive classes. Course packages are purchased in bundles with add-ons depending on your price point and preferences.
Students at Florida Real Estate School felt prepared for a real estate career due to relevant content and real-world scenarios throughout the classes. One student found the law material difficult to grasp, but additional exam prep from Florida Real Estate School or MLS Campus Real Estate School could assist with that.
Florida Real Estate School does not allow any customization for course bundles but does include many add-on features to enhance your learning experience.
Prelicensing: Starting at $359.99
All courses include 63 hours of classes, instructor support, 6 months of enrollment, two attempts to pass end-of-course exam, state licensing process guidance, printable course outline, progress quizzes, and course completion certificate
- FRESH 101 Basic Package: $359.99 includes everything above
- FRESH 102 Value Package: $499.99 includes everything in Fresh 101 Basic plus bonus 6 months of enrollment, state cram exam prep course, math e-book, and digital flashcards
- FRESH 103 Unlimited Package: $659.99 includes everything in the packages above plus unlimited attempts to pass end-of-course exam
Post-licensing: Starting at $239
- FRESH 45 Package (Salesperson): $239
- Investment 30 hour Post Package (Broker): $269
- Management 30 hour Post Package (Broker): $269
- Combo 60 hour Post Package (Broker): $539.98
Broker prelicensing: Starting at $475
All courses include 72 hours of classes, instructor support, 6 months of enrollment, two attempts to pass the end of course exam, state licensing process guidance, progress quizzes, and course completion certificate.
- Basic Package: $475 includes everything above
- Premium Package: $595 includes everything above plus state cram exam prep course and digital flashcards
Continuing Education: Starting at $59.99
- FRESH CE 14 Unlimited Package: $59.99
- FRESH 28 Reactivation: $159.99
- FRESH 4 Escrow Management: $159.99
Exam Prep: Starting at $39.99
- FRESH PREP Cram Course: $199.99
- FRESH LAW Mutual Recognition: $199.99
- Review Course A or B: $39.99