Vanity phone number providers offer customizable business numbers to small businesses, such as 1-800-FLOWERS. These are easy for customers to remember, therefore increasing the likelihood they will call your organization. We looked at the best services and evaluated them on price, features, and usability.
Top 6 Vanity Phone Number Providers 2020
(Best Overall) Businesses wanting to choose from a wide range of numbers
$9.99 to $49.99 per user extension, per month*
Teams that need advanced telephony features and a customized phone number
$19.99 to $49.99 per user, per month**
Remote teams looking for a mobile-friendly solution with vanity number options
$26 to 80 per month*
Sales teams looking for a customized vanity number
$30 to $50 per month
Organizations looking for both a vanity number and a live receptionist
$6.25 to $16.25 per user, per month*
Soloworkers and freelancers looking for an industry-specific vanity number like 1-800-NEW-HOME
Starting from $15 per month
Last updated on 05/16/20
*Pricing is on an annual basis. Monthly plans are also available.
**Pricing is on an annual basis for two to 19 users. Monthly plans and volume discounts are also available.
How We Evaluated Vanity Phone Number Providers
Vanity phone number providers should provide a range of customized telephone numbers to choose from for your small business. On top of that, the best solutions offer a complete business phone system to use in conjunction with these numbers. They should offer enough call management features to effectively handle all call traffic while remaining affordable.
The criteria we used to determine the best vanity phone number provider consisted of the following:
- Ease of use
- Calling options
- Vanity number options
- Online management portal
- Voicemail-to-email and voicemail-to-text
- Call quality and reliability
- Mobile apps
- Additional features
Based on the above criteria, we recommend Phone.com as the best choice for any small business looking for a customized vanity phone number. It offers numbers at affordable rates, and it also comes with a complete range of business telephony functionality. The service is also easy enough to use for workers of all skill levels.
Phone.com: Best Overall Vanity Phone Number Provider
Phone.com is a voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) system that gives users the ability to choose from a wide range of customized vanity phone numbers for their business. The system also has features such as call recording, call queuing, and optional video chat in premium packages. Pricing starts at $9.99 per month on an annual basis. It is our best overall pick for having the best number-choosing function on the market.
Wide range of vanity numbers
Not as intuitive as other systems
No software integrations
Limited plans could get expensive with high call volumes
- Base: $9.99 per month for 300 monthly minutes; $24.99 per user, per month for unlimited calling*
- Plus: $14.99 per month for 500 monthly minutes; $32.99 per user, per month for unlimited calling*
- Pro: $29.99 month for 1,000 monthly minutes; $49.99 per user, per month for unlimited calling*
- Vanity numbers: Available from $49 to more than $1,000 depending on what number you want
*Pricing is on an annual basis. Monthly plans are available for an additional fee.
- Vanity numbers: Phone.com has an intuitive, powerful search tool for choosing your custom vanity number as well as other kinds of business phone numbers.
- Mobile apps: Take your business phone wherever you go via apps for iOS and Android devices.
- Call management: Phone.com comes with a complete set of tools for easily making calls, sending texts, and checking your voicemail.
RingCentral: Best Vanity Number Provider With Advanced Features
RingCentral is a business VoIP system that offers unlimited domestic calling, video conferencing, and file sharing along with the ability to adopt a vanity number for your organization. Pricing starts at $19.99 per user, per month on an annual basis for two to 19 users. RingCentral is a good fit for teams that are looking for a powerful business communications platform along with a custom phone number.
Exceptionally easy to use
More expensive than other options
Large inventory of vanity phone numbers available
Could be overkill for smaller teams
Video conferencing for up to 200 people
Vanity number search isn’t as intuitive as others
- Essentials: $19.99 per user, per month for up to 20 users, unlimited calling, and unlimited texting*
- Standard: $24.99 per user, per month with unlimited audio conferencing and video meetings for up to 100 participants*
- Premium: $34.99 per user, per month with unlimited call recording, analytics, and integrations with outside business software*
- Ultimate: $49.99 per user, per month with device status reports and unlimited storage*
- Vanity phone numbers: Available for $4.99 per month with a one-time fee of $30
*Pricing is on an annual basis for two to 19 users. Volume discounts are available, and so are monthly plans that come at an extra cost. And if you sign up for service today and purchase a phone, you’ll get your 1st month free, 20% off afterwards, and an additional free phone. Get started today.
From now through December 31st, RingCentral is offering 25% off on all new subscription plans, as well as two months of free service. Check out RingCentral’s website today for more information.
- Automated attendant: RingCentral makes it simple to set up and deploy an automated attendant to take calls without human intervention.
- Vanity numbers: RingCentral offers a wide range of toll-free prefixes and customized vanity numbers to choose from.
- Video meetings: Stay in touch with your remote workers with video conferencing for up to 200 people.
For more detailed information on how RingCentral can help your team, check out our RingCentral user reviews page.
Grasshopper: Best Vanity Number Provider for Remote Workers
Grasshopper is a virtual phone system, which means that it needs an existing phone line to forward calls from, but does allow you to adopt customized vanity numbers on your mobile device. Grasshopper is also more affordable than most VoIP systems, with plans starting at just $26 per month on an annual basis. This makes it a great way for remote professionals who don’t need a desk phone to get a more memorable number.
Requires existing phone line
Easy vanity number search
Vanity number search not as powerful as others
Automated attendant functionality
Basic compared to other solutions
- Basic: $26 per month for one number and three extensions*
- Premium: $44 per month for three numbers and unlimited extensions*
- Platinum: $80 per month for five numbers and unlimited extensions*
*Pricing is on an annual basis. Month-to-month options are available at an extra cost.
- Vanity numbers: You can look up and choose your vanity number straight from Grasshopper’s website.
- Toll-free numbers: Like competing solutions, Grasshopper offers numeric toll-free numbers in addition to vanity numbers.
- Mobile app: Take your work number with you on your iOS or Android smartphone.
For more information, go to our Grasshopper user reviews page.
AirCall: Best Vanity Number Service for Sales Teams
AirCall is a small business VoIP service that comes standard with unlimited calling, call queuing, and the ability to connect call data with third-party customer relationship management (CRM) software. Pricing starts at $30 per user, per month on an annual basis and includes a vanity number. AirCall is especially useful for its sales-centric features such as call whisper and one-click dialing, making it a great option for call centers and customer service teams.
Sales-centric call management tools
Could be overkill for non-sales environments
Vanity phone numbers at no extra cost
Not as intuitive as competitors
Integrates with 50+ apps
- Essentials: $30 per user, per month
- Professional: $50 per user, per month
- Vanity numbers: AirCall offers vanity phone numbers at no extra cost.
- Software integrations: You can connect your call data with more than 50 different third-party software solutions in order to foster a more efficient daily business workflow.
- Sales tools: It provides shared inboxes, call monitoring, and other sales-centric tools.
eVoice: Best Vanity Phone Number With a Live Receptionist
eVoice, which starts at $6.25 per user, per month on an annual basis, is a virtual phone service with vanity phone numbers, unlimited calling, texting, and more. What makes the system stand out is the fact that it offers the ability to hire a live receptionist for an additional fee. This is ideal for companies that want a human to answer their phone instead of an automated system.
Live receptionist capabilities
Vanity number requests can take some time
Somewhat clunky interface
Basic compared to other systems
- eVoice Lite: $6.25 per user, per month for 350 monthly minutes, two users, six-number limit
- eVoice Unlimited: $16.25 per user, per month for unlimited minutes, four users, 12-number limit
- eVoice Unlimited Plus: $15.83 per user, per month for unlimited minutes, six users, 12-number limit
- eVoice Pro: $15 per user, per month for unlimited minutes, 10 users, 30-number limit
- Vanity numbers: Adopt a customized unique number that sticks out in the memory of your customers.
- Live receptionist: Have one of eVoice’s human receptionists take your company’s calls.
- Inbound faxing: Receive as many virtual faxes as you want with the Unlimited, Unlimited Plus, and Pro plans.
RingBoost: Best Vanity Number Provider for Industry-specific Numbers
RingBoost, which offers varied pricing based on what number you choose and what region, is a virtual phone number provider that offers a wide range of vanity numbers that you can look up based on category and industry, like healthcare or cleaning services. It is not a dedicated phone service like other solutions, but it does offer you the ability to buy vanity phone numbers for as little as $15. It’s our pick for users who want to claim one-off, industry-specific phone numbers.
Flexible pricing options
Does not serve as a complete phone system
Buy numbers to add to your existing system
Number prices vary widely based on what you want
Search for numbers from category
You have to pay extra for nationwide control of that number
RingBoost prices their numbers from $15 per month to more than $1,000 per month depending on what number you want. You will also have to decide if you want nationwide control of that number or just for a specific region. This will also affect the price.
Pricing for toll-free minutes is as follows:
- 100 minutes: No extra charge
- 250 minutes: $15 per month
- 500 minutes: $30 per month
- 750 minutes: $45 per month
- 1,000 minutes: $50 per month
- 2,000 minutes: $100 per month
- 5,000 minutes: $250 per month
- Vanity numbers: You can look up available RingBoost numbers by industry type or general business category.
- Flexibility: If you are already happy with your phone system, RingBoost provides a standalone number provider to use in conjunction with whatever you already have.
- Usability: Looking up and adopting a new number takes just a few minutes.
Vanity phone numbers allow you to get the most out of your phone system. Not only are you providing a channel for your customers to talk to your staff, you are also providing a memorable number that your audience is more likely to remember than those of your customers. In many ways, a vanity phone number is not just a communication method, but an effective marketing channel.
We recommend Phone.com for most small businesses because it offers both a robust vanity number search function and a complete, affordable phone system. You can also choose between per-minute and unlimited calling tiers of service, which ensure that you can pick a plan that works for your unique business needs. Click the button below to get started.