Services offering business leads range from buying segmented lists of email contacts to advanced tools that identify prospects based on social media profiles, saving both prospecting time and effort. We looked at dozens of sources for leads and narrowed it down to the six best based on reliability, price, and search and segmenting capabilities.
Top 6 Places to Buy Business Leads 2020
Places to Buy Business Leads
(Best Overall) Businesses that want to send verified leads directly to their CRM
Businesses wanting an affordable, easy-to-use place to buy unlimited lead contact information
Teams that need advanced search filtering to identify territory-based leads
B2B sales professionals needing to identify lead contact information through social media networks
Businesses wanting direct B2B connections with decision-makers at target client companies
Sales teams that need no-frills company lead and contact search
Last updated on 05/06/20
How We Evaluated the Best Places to Buy Business Leads
Businesses use a variety of forms of lead generation to fill their sales funnel, from prospecting on social media networks to purchasing targeted lists of accurate and up-to-date contact information. We identified the top business lead sources and looked at how easy it is to identify leads and move them into customer relationship management (CRM) software.
Based on the needs of small businesses, we considered:
- Search and filtering
- List validation
- Export options and integrations
- Overall quality
- Customer support and service
We choose UpLead as the best overall place for small businesses to buy business leads based on its simple interface, robust search features, and affordable monthly subscription plan. In addition, UpLead offers the option of one-click export to your connected CRM, making it the best choice for businesses wanting a simple way to buy leads and add prospects to their sales process.
UpLead: Best Overall Place to Buy Business Leads
UpLead is an excellent choice for companies that want a real-time, verified business-to-business (B2B) database and the ability to search for contacts and import them directly into many of the top small business CRMs. UpLead verifies contacts upon export, so users won’t end up with large lists of bounced emails or take a hit to their sender reputation due to bad email addresses.
Direct lead import into many CRMs
Expensive if you need a lot of credits
Includes over 30 million contacts
Provides generic phone numbers rather than direct contact numbers
Real-time lead verification
Does not offer phone or email support
UpLead’s Basic plan charges $99 per month for 200 credits for one user. Additional credits are 50 cents per contact. The Plus plan is $199 per month for 500 credits for a single user with additional credits at 40 cents. The Professional plan is $399 per month for 1,500 credits for unlimited users and 30 cents for additional credits.
- Offers a 25% discount for annual billing rather than monthly billing
- Seven-day free trial, including five credits
- No contract or long-term commitment required
- Ability to upgrade or downgrade your plan at any time
UpLead verifies leads at the time of purchase to make sure that every contact and email address you purchase is accurate. Users can search by individual contacts or by companies, and can then export results to a spreadsheet or send them directly to their CRM. This is supported by UpLead’s database of over 30 million contacts, built using both public and proprietary information sources.
Some of the most valuable features include:
- List Filters & Search that allows you to search for contacts based on criteria such as industry, title, location, company, and social profiles.
- UpLead enriches the lead with LinkedIn profile information, giving users access to the professional history of potential leads.
- Users can exclude previous downloads from results to ensure they are only capturing new leads, and not duplicate records.
- Verifies lists at the time of export, in real-time, unlike some competitors that only verify on scheduled intervals.
- Offers the option of downloading leads in bulk as a CSV file, which is helpful if you want to upload leads to other types of software like email marketing or direct mail services.
- Direct CRM integration with many small business CRMs, including Salesforce, HubSpot, Pipedrive, Insightly, and Zoho.
Salesfully: Best Place for Unlimited Lead Searches
Salesfully is a simple lead database that offers both B2B and consumer leads for a low monthly price of $29. It offers a simple search interface with a real-time update of the number of leads that fit your search profile. Salesfully is especially useful for B2B sales teams that are looking for an affordable place to access large numbers of business leads.
Unlimited number of leads you can download each month
No direct CRM integration
Real-time lead verification
Does not offer phone or email support
Access to over 200 million business and consumer leads
Many leads don’t include email addresses
Salesfully charges $29 per month for unlimited business and consumer leads. Other pricing details include:
- Free to sign up and download your first 100 leads
- Ability to export up to 10,000 leads at a time
- No setup fees or contracts
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Salesfully includes a good combination of overall value for the price and delivers reliable, high-quality leads. Their database includes over 200 million business and consumer leads, which are verified on a regular basis using a variety of public and business databases. Some of Salesfully’s best features include:
- Unlimited lead searches with the ability to download leads, review past saved searches, and export the results to a CSV file.
- A simple-to-use search feature that allows users to apply filters based on job title, location, industry, company name, company size, or revenue.
- Validates business and consumer email addresses, and offers a refund of the monthly subscription fee when incorrect information is provided.
- Uses a variety of public and proprietary databases to verify information on a regular basis.
- CSV export so leads can be imported into any CRM or email marketing program.
D&B Hoovers: Best for Advanced B2B Lead Searches
D&B Hoovers offers the ability to buy verified leads and is powered by the Dun & Bradstreet database, the industry’s leading business intelligence service. Users are able to conduct advanced searches based on location and location radius, SIC codes, industry, revenue, and even variables like IPO status, legal entity, and fiscal year. This makes it the best for teams that need robust search filtering to identify territory-based B2B leads.
Access to over 120 million business records in over 1,000 industries in 190 countries
No direct CRM integration other popular small business CRMs
Direct integration with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 354, Marketo, and Eloqua
Disappointing customer service and search interface is not as modern as other options
Offers advanced search features, such as defining a specific geographic area
Lack of pricing information available on website
D&B Hoovers Pricing
D&B Hoovers does not publish a fixed rate per lead or specific packages for buying leads. You need to call the company, start a chat with a sales representative, or fill out a form to discuss a plan that best fits your business needs and goals. However, they do offer a free trial with customer support.
D&B Hoovers Features
The sales lead component of D&B Hoovers includes information on over 120 million business records covering over 1,000 industries in 190 countries, making it more comprehensive than any other option on this list and an excellent choice for those who want to find verified leads worldwide They also offer:
- Advanced search features for any of the options we reviewed, allowing users to search by industry codes, geographic location radius, and even variables like IPO status and underwriter.
- A reliable database that is updated over 5 million times per day, and is the primary source that other services often use for verification.
- Direct CSV download to import into any CRM or email marketing program.
Lusha: Best for Finding Prospects on Social Media
Lusha is a lead prospecting service with a Chrome browser extension, allowing users to identify the contact information of social media connections. It stores your search history (so it is easy to keep track of social media leads), making Lusha the best place to buy lead information while browsing social media networks.
Simple-to-use Chrome browser plugin that automatically generates contact information
No searchable database
Stores your search history to keep track of social media leads
No direct CRM integration with other CRMs besides Salesforce, which costs extra
Excellent accuracy of leads generated via social media
Very few leads included in the free plan
Lusha has a free plan that allows users to unlock five leads per month at no cost. Subscriptions are available for $23 to $41 per user, per month, which gives each user the ability to unlock 50 to 120 social media leads per month, billed annually.
Unlike the other options on this list, Lusha isn’t a searchable database. Rather, it gives users the ability to identify contact information for leads on social network sites like LinkedIn and Twitter. Lusha offers main features such as:
- A Chrome browser plugin that automatically opens when you are navigating a supported social network page, and provides phone and email contact information when available.
- Available as a Salesforce native app at an additional cost, which seamlessly adds contact information directly into your Salesforce account and auto-enriches your lead, contact, and company profiles to include phone, email, and other contact information.
- Integrations through Zapier with apps such as Gmail, HubSpot, and Mailchimp.
- The ability to export a CSV of your contacts with their “Lists” feature. You can export an entire list or select specific contacts to export, which can then be uploaded to your CRM or other contact management tool.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator: Best for Making Connections With Decision-makers
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a subscription-based software tool designed to provide additional features to your LinkedIn account. Specifically, it includes advanced keyword and search filters to identify new leads and gives you the ability to import your existing contacts to use predictive search to identify similar prospects. This makes it ideal for B2B sales reps who want to make direct connections with decision-makers at their target companies.
Automatically recommends leads based on factors such as company and connection to existing leads
No direct CRM integration
Ability to directly contact prospects using LinkedIn’s InMail feature
InMail functionality does not extend to non-LinkedIn connects
Includes CRM features built into the Sales Navigator subscription, allowing users to connect with and nurture leads directly within the software
Does not include the ability to export directly to a CSV file or to a CRM without using an API or a service like Zapier.
Sales Navigator Pricing
Sales Navigator starts at $79.99 per month for the Professional plan and goes up to $134.99 per month for the Team plan. While slightly more expensive than other subscription services we reviewed, it provides access to the entire LinkedIn network for prospecting and lead generation. They also offer up to a 25% discount for annual billing and a 30-day free trial.
Sales Navigator Features
Sales Navigator allows you to search for new prospects with advanced search features. It also provides in-depth information about both your leads and their companies, as well as similar prospects and connections. Some of the most helpful features include:
- Automatically recommending leads that LinkedIn identifies.
- The ability to filter profiles by industry, title, company, geographic location, and more.
- The ability to send messages to prospects they aren’t already connected to on LinkedIn and see when recipients have read their email.
- CRM features that are built into the Sales Navigator subscription, allowing users to connect with and nurture leads directly within the software.
FindEmails: Best No-frills Place to Buy Prospect Emails
FindEmails is an email list service that allows users to buy business leads in the form of validated email lists. Users can create their own list criteria or purchase existing predefined lists. FindEmails is an affordable option for small businesses and is a good choice for those who need a no-frills way to buy business leads.
Simple, no-frills search features allowing users to identify contact information for leads at their target companies
No discount for annual billing
Offers a separate list verification service that allows users to validate email addresses on an individual basis or as a bulk list
Doesn’t allow searching by location, size, or across multiple companies or other advanced search features
Offers a Chrome extension that lets you verify email addresses right on the website you are browsing and a “confidence score” for the validity of each email address you choose to add to your list
Deducts credits when you conduct a search, not just when you download or export prospects
FindEmails pricing starts at $29 per month for 1,000 email credits. Additional plans are available at $49 and $99 per month, including 2,500 and 10,000 credits, respectively. Credits are used to verify emails or purchase individual leads.
FindEmails includes simple search features and an email verification service that allows users to upload their own lead lists to verify the email addresses of existing prospects. FindEmails is useful for simple prospecting at specific target companies. Some of their best features include:
- A simple search tool that allows users to find prospects based on their company and job title. For example, users can search for “managers at Microsoft” or “VP at General Motors.”
- The ability to download purchased leads into a CSV format, which can be imported into a CRM or email marketing software.
- A convenient Chrome extension that lets you verify email addresses on the website you are browsing.
Businesses buy leads to help supercharge their sales process and generate new sales opportunities. These six places to buy business leads represent the best options for small businesses that are looking for affordable ways to add prospects that fit their target market.
UpLead allows users to purchase and download verified leads into a spreadsheet or directly into their CRM. UpLead’s monthly plans begin at $99 per month for 200 download credits. UpLead also offers a seven-day free trial, where users can download up to five leads. Visit UpLead for more information.