This article is part of a larger series on VoIP.
Any time customers interact with your business you want to provide a sense of professionalism―and this extends to voicemail greetings. Poor quality voicemail in terms of audio or content can put potential customers off. Fortunately, the best professional voicemail greeting providers help improve caller experiences by giving you options like offering a variety of voice talent, quick turnaround, and script assistance along with high-quality voicemail recordings.
Based on our evaluation, these are the best professional voicemail greeting providers suitable for small businesses:
- Snap Recordings: Best overall professional greeting provider with features like multilingual talent and flexible recording lengths
- VoiceStudio Pro: Best for businesses in need of quick turnarounds for recordings
- Nextiva: A good fit for any business in need of VoIP and UCaaS features in addition to professional greetings
- Visit Fiverr: The better choice for companies in need of recordings in a wide variety of languages
- Grasshopper: Best for very small businesses and solopreneurs in need of inexpensive recordings
Best Professional Voicemail Greeting Providers at a Glance
Voicemail Greeting Providers
Number of Professional Voices
$50 for 75 words with an additional $50 charge for every additional 75 words
4.36 out of 5
250 words = one page and one page = $99
4.30 out of 5
$21.95 per user, per month
4.26 out of 5
3.96 out of 5
$26 per user, per month
3.66 out of 5
Snap Recordings: Best Overall & Most Voice Talent Options
*Features are purchased a la carte style, so there are no set plans to select from. Discounts are provided for bi-monthly, quarterly, and annual payments.
Snap Recordings (a RingCentral product) stands out because of its options and how easy it is to record a professional-sounding voicemail greeting. Plus, you can choose from more than 100 professional voice talents, and a quick deep dive reveals options for things like dialect and accent. Sound quality is also top-notch, and prices are very reasonable―it costs $50 for 75 words with an additional $50 charge for every 75 words thereafter.
While Snap Recordings doesn’t turn recordings around quite as fast as VoiceStudio Pro, the typical time to delivery is about three to four business days, which is very reasonable. You can place an order for a recording 24/7, and the audio files provided are compatible with all systems. Also, in addition to voicemail greetings, Snap Recordings provides recordings for auto-attendants, hold recordings, and has options for background hold music.
Snap Recordings Features
- Professional voice recordings: There are more than 100 unique voice talent actors you can use for your messages. If your business is multilingual, the option to record voicemail greetings in English, Spanish, French, or variations of each (such as American, U.K., Australian, Canadian, or Irish English dialects) and bilingual combinations are also available.
- Multiple audio formats: Professionally recorded audio files and recordings you create on the Snap Recordings platform can easily be downloaded and used with your current voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) or other compatible phone systems. The files are available in eight different formats, and many can be uploaded directly to your business phone system.
- Message creation tools: You can use or draw inspiration from an entire library of phone systems and voicemail greeting scripts.
VoiceStudio Pro: Best Professional Voicemail Greeting Provider for Quick Turnarounds
VoiceStudio Pro wins as the best professional voicemail greeting provider for the fastest turnaround as you have the option to receive your recordings within 24 hours. While this does cost your business an additional $15, it’s nice to have the option when speed is paramount. VoiceStudio Pro has options for on-hold greetings, interactive voice response (IVR) menu greetings, and voice prompts for interactive menus.
While VoiceStudio Pro doesn’t have as many voice talent artists as Snap Recordings, they do enable you to select talent based on gender, accent, and dialect. VoiceStudio Pro also provides high-definition audio files that are professionally mastered for sound quality. While they don’t quite have the extensive listing of languages available from Snap Recordings, you will be able to have your greetings recorded in English, Spanish, and French.
VoiceStudio Pro Features
- Sample scripts: VoiceStudio Pro’s library has various scripts for real estate, transportation, beauty and spa, limousine businesses, and more.
- Professional voice talent: Ten individual voice talent actors, some of whom have more than 30 years of experience to select from, and some who speak Spanish and French.
- Custom music: A wide selection of custom music is available to accompany your voicemail recording, making your greeting even more personalized for your business.
Nextiva: Best Professional Voicemail Greeting Provider With VoIP/UCaaS Capabilities
*Prices are based on annual payment for five to 19 users. With more users, the price will decrease even more as long as you are still paying annually.
Other providers in our guide, like Snap Recordings and VoiceStudio Pro, are standalone services that offer professionally recorded voicemail and business phone system greetings. This is where Nextiva differs; Nextiva is a voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) and unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider that has its own voicemail greetings studio.
With Nextiva, you are automatically granted a single professionally recorded voice greeting with your plan. If you need more recordings, you’ll pay $50 per 50 words, which is slightly more expensive than Snap Recordings’ price. With Nextiva Enterprise, the number of free recordings included increases to three, and like all recordings from the provider, they can be used as greetings for your auto-attendant, voicemail greetings, after-hours menu, or other menus.
Nextiva is a good option for businesses needing a phone system with a variety of features, like international and local calling, virtual numbers, and team messaging. All these features come bundled with most Nextiva plans, and you’ll have an easy time using their recordings in your business phone system as well. While Nextiva doesn’t have as many voice-over actors as other dedicated providers, having options for professionally recorded greetings with a business phone provider is very convenient.
- Multiple options for talent: Nextiva has a selection of six voice-over artists and both male and female genders. Additionally, you’re able to select from American and British English dialects, and Latin American Spanish.
- Managed upload: Nextiva uploads your voicemail greetings into your Nextiva phone system, making it easy for Nextiva users who want to create and upload recordings quickly.
- Expedited delivery: Similar to VoiceStudio Pro, you can expedite delivery of your recorded greetings so that you will receive it within a day for $50.
Fiverr: Best Professional Voicemail Greeting Provider for Multi-language Offices
When it comes to the number of available voice-over artists, Fiverr has most other greeting providers beat. This is because the freelance platform has thousands of available voice actors, with many using various accents and languages. The available languages for professional voicemail greeting recordings offered by Fiverr freelance artists include:
As you can see, the choices for languages for recordings is pretty massive with Fiverr. Additionally, pricing to get recorded greetings from Fiverr voice-over professionals may also be very inexpensive, as the platform is renowned for business services starting at just $5.
Pricing for professionally recorded voicemail greetings on Fiverr starts at $5 per 75 words, significantly cheaper than most of the other providers listed here. However, remember that Fiverr is a freelance platform and its voice actors aren’t vetted. Some voice talent may sound more professional or better aligned with your brand’s personality than others, so you’ll need to take the time to listen to samples of various Fiverr voice actors before committing.
- Extensive artist selection: With thousands of artists to choose from, you can find the right sound for your business if you take the time to screen available freelance options. In addition to voice talent, you have options for dialects, accents, and more than 50 languages for your voicemail recordings.
- Available commercial rights: Many of the voice artists on Fiverr charge a separate fee for commercial rights. While this adds on cost, it also allows you to use the recording in any way you’d like.
- Add-ons: There are a wide variety of add-on services on Fiverr. For example, you can hire a voice actor who can also write a script for your greeting. Many artists also include revisions.
Grasshopper: Best Professional Voicemail Greeting Provider for Solopreneurs
*Pricing reflects annual billing.
Similar to Nextiva, Grasshopper is a business phone system that also has its own dedicated Grasshopper Voice Studio service. Unlike Nextiva, Grasshopper’s main service focuses exclusively on business calling via virtual phone numbers.
Grasshopper offers little in the way of unified communications, but that may not be a factor for your business. You still get features like visual voicemail, call forwarding, and free calling in the U.S. and Canada. In fact, the business calling aspects of the service, coupled with the greeting recording features, make it a nice all-in-one solution for small businesses and solopreneurs.
One of the standout features of Grasshopper as a voicemail greeting generator is multi-script support. With providers like Fiverr and even Snap Recordings, you pay a preset amount for a certain number of words. With Grasshopper’s Voice Studio, you pay a preset cost per order, which can contain multiple scripts.
For example, you can create your voicemail greeting, auto-attendant script, voicemail drop script, and menu prompts all at once and only pay $75. The service also has several experienced voice actors to select the precise sound you desire. There are even language selections for English, French, and Spanish. The typical turnaround time is longer than most other providers and takes about seven days.
- Full-featured virtual phone system: Grasshopper is a dedicated virtual phone system with PC and smartphone apps for calling using your favorite devices.
- Multi-language support: By default, Grasshopper’s Voice Studio grants access to six voice actors, with some using British English, French, and Spanish.
- Multiple scripts: Per order, can create as many recordings as you need for the default $75 price.
How We Evaluated the Best Professional Voicemail Greeting Providers
When it comes to voicemail greetings, there are several options on the market that will provide you with high-quality professional recordings. For example, you can opt to use a service that employs voice-over artists, which will give you options to make your voicemail greeting sound distinct.
Also, some providers offer text-to-speech, which uses artificial intelligence (AI) to translate your typed text into computer-generated speech. While many would think this could sound robotic, modern text-to-speech providers use natural inflection and tonality that make the caller’s experience practically human-realistic.
For this reason, we took a look at several different types of professional voicemail greeting providers and plan offerings to determine which ones deliver the best results. The one that is best for your business may be our best overall, Snap Recordings, but it may be another provider depending on the unique options found with a particular provider.
With an impressive score of 4.36 out of 5, we found that Snap Recordings offers the best overall option for small businesses looking for this kind of service. Snap Recordings has multiple voice actor options for language and accent and has a relatively fast turnaround.
Learn how we evaluated the best professional voicemail greeting providers by clicking on the tabs below:
20% of Overall Score
Small businesses need to save money wherever possible, so many business owners look at pricing first. Aspects like price per recording, whether or not you get a free recording with the service, and other no-cost add-ins are very important. We also took a look at whether each provider granted concierge services to users, and factored in any hidden costs that a user might encounter.
30% of Overall Score
For a professional voicemail greeting provider, there are several make-or-break features almost every customer will value. For example, a provider with additional services for auto-attendants, hold messages, and artist search will help customers find precisely what they need for their recordings. We also looked at features like custom scripts, which make the process of getting a recording quicker and easier.
30% of Overall Score
Some features that are very helpful for businesses are unique to specific voicemail greeting providers. Some features that could set your business apart include on-hold music, multi-language support, or a greeting manager that allows you to change prerecorded greetings on the fly. Guaranteed turnover time was also a feature we evaluated for advanced features because some businesses need quick recordings.
20% of Overall Score
For our expert score, we evaluated the overall user experience for each of the providers. In addition to our own hands-on review, we also looked at other review sites’ take on the product and the reviews of everyday customers. Things like ease of use, value for money, and features were major considerations.
Whether you select professionally recorded voice greetings as a part of your VoIP business phone features or a standalone provider specializing in business recordings, having a professional message for your callers is essential. The best professional voicemail greeting recording services have high-quality audio equipment, experienced voice actors, and options to record in other languages, so every caller will feel like they are reaching a national or even international-level business.
As a standalone product, Snap Recordings wins out as our best overall pick thanks to its extensive list of voice talent actors and general flexibility when it comes to the preferred language and recording lengths. It also stands out for user-friendliness and add-on services. Visit Snap Recordings today if you want to learn more about its options for professional-sounding voicemail greetings.