Successfully selling on Etsy comes down to choosing products that are unique, profitable, and in demand. People come to Etsy to find customized items, vintage finds, and one-of-a-kind products made or curated with a human touch. These qualities make Etsy stand out compared to Shopify or Amazon.
We curated a list of the top Etsy products that ride on popularity, profitability, and Etsy’s core values. Read more about how we chose the best items to sell on Etsy by expanding the section below or head directly to find the best items to sell on Etsy.
We have chosen the best items to sell on Etsy based on popularity and profitability. We graded the criteria based on data points we have gathered for the last 12 months using eRank, an ecommerce SEO tool specifically for Etsy, and our own in-house research.
The data points include:
- Number of listings: The number of results each item returns on Etsy
- Average searches: Average monthly searches on Etsy based on the past 12 months of data
- Average clicks: Average monthly clicks that listings for that keyword get on Etsy based on the past 12 months of data
- Average CTR (click-through rate): The ratio of clicks to searches on Etsy, shown as a percentage, based on the past 12 months of data (the higher the number is, the better)
- Average price: The selling price Etsy sellers ask for each item (on average)
- Popular keywords: The tags Etsy sellers use the most for each item
- Number of listings: 2.4 million
- Average searches: 147,035
- Average clicks: 131,655
- Average CTR (click-through rate): 90%
- Average price: $3
- Popular keywords: Custom stickers, bumper stickers, planner stickers, laptop stickers, cute stickers
Stickers are an ideal item to sell on Etsy. In fact, stickers come in as the tenth most-searched term on the makers’ marketplace for January 2023. It is also worth noting that the product has not left the most-searched item on Etsy since we last updated this guide last year.
Not only are stickers in demand, but they’re also relatively easy in terms of logistics. Stickers are small, lightweight, and easy to ship, and they will always be in demand. Competition may be fierce, but if you create unique designs that resonate with potential customers, you can make a decent income selling stickers on your Etsy storefront. It’s a perfect product to complement different product types.
In fact, one of Etsy’s top sellers does exactly that—Acorn & Crow Studio sells stickers as part of its product line. It also offers keychains, pins, and other small items with “sarcastic witchy vibes” designs.
- Number of listings: 17 million
- Average searches: 50,340
- Average clicks: 50,399
- Average CTR: 100%
- Average price: $30–$50
- Popular keywords: Handmade jewelry, personalized jewelry, jewelry, jewelry box, jewelry making
Like stickers, jewelry can be small and easy to ship—not to mention it’s a popular item for shoppers, and as fashion trends come and go, there’s practically limitless demand. Plus, search terms like “earrings” and “handmade jewelry” were the most popular search terms on Etsy in January 2023, and the platform’s top two sellers specialize in jewelry.
There are many different ways you can sell your jewelry. You can design minimalist jewelry, jump on trends, craft customized or personalized pieces, offer vintage finds, and more. The costume jewelry market, for example, is forecast to hit nearly $60 billion in the next few years.
- Number of listings: 6.7 million
- Average searches: 20,020
- Average clicks: 17,345
- Average CTR: 87%
- Average price: $10–$20
- Popular keywords: car accessories, car accessories for women, hair accessories, tech accessories, cute car accessories, desk accessories
Etsy is an ideal marketplace for other accessories, which is the fifth most popular handmade product category. As such, you can buy or make many kinds of accessories to sell on Etsy. Some ideas include socks, false eyelashes, handbags, belt buckles, wallets, and even phone cases.
Truly, the possibilities are endless. Selling accessories on Etsy is a flexible business idea for growing, expanding, and scaling as you wish.
4. Party Supplies
- Number of listings: 10.5 million
- Average searches: 241
- Average clicks: 213
- Average CTR: 88%
- Average price: $5–$10
- Popular keywords: Cocomelon party supplies, bluey party supplies, Encanto party supplies, bachelorette party supplies, squishmallow party supplies
Many shoppers turn to Etsy when they need party supplies. These include invitations, favors, and everything in between—decorations, activities or games, playlists, baking and cake decorations, T-shirts, and accessories. In fact, another top seller on Etsy is ModParty, a complete bridesmaid supply-themed Etsy storefront, and “bridesmaid gifts” is a top search term.
When it comes to selling your own party supplies on Etsy, you can niche down by the type of product you provide or the theme you provide supplies for—for example, weddings and wedding-related events, like bridal showers and bachelor/bachelorette parties. You can also niche into children’s parties, business events, or any other type of party of your choosing.
The US wedding industry is a massive $73.6 billion industry, reflective of the 6.7 million wedding-related product listings on Etsy. As such, wedding paper supplies—table place cards, customized save-the-date cards, and unique wedding invitations—are all low-barrier ways to join Etsy’s wedding marketplace.
5. Home Goods
- Number of listings: 22.3 million
- Average searches: 5,410
- Average clicks: 4,241
- Average CTR: 78%
- Average price: $15–$50
- Popular keywords: Home decor, handmade home decor, gift for the home, gothic home decor, home decor modern
Furniture and home decor:
- Number of listings: 14 million
- Average searches: 10,759
- Average clicks: 9,784
- Average CTR: 91%
- Average price: $50–$100
- Popular keywords: Decor transfers for furniture, furniture and decor boho, French country decor, black and white furniture decor transfer
“Home & living” is the biggest category of handmade items on Etsy, representing 25% of merchants. Many shoppers come to the platform looking for something special to spruce up their homes.
Check out some of the most-searched terms on Etsy that relate to home goods to get some ideas:
- Wall art
- Mid-century modern
- Wall decor
You can also sell dining and kitchen items—the tableware market is projected to hit $63.7 billion by 2030, and the kitchen utensils market is growing 4.25% every year. The early days of the COVID-19 pandemic forced many people to cook and eat at home more, and we’re likely still seeing some of the effects from that.
Regarding seasonal opportunities, you can focus on items for college dorm rooms in the summer months and outdoor furniture and items for the spring and summer seasons.
Etsy’s 2023 marketplace insights predict some of the following decor trends:
- Cozy vibes: Think chunky blankets, handmade quilts, pillar candles, and soft textures (a 96% YoY increase in searches on Etsy containing “cozy room decor”)
- Jewel-toned jungle: Jungle motifs like banana leaves, tree frogs, and fern fronds set against dark backdrops highlighting emerald green and magenta hues (a 126% YoY increase in searches on Etsy containing “dark floral wallpaper”)
- Contemporary cabin aesthetics: Furniture, wall art, and kitchen accessories that showcase intricate, geometric woodwork (a 332% YoY increase in searches on Etsy containing “wall decor wood”)
- Number of listings: 19.5 million
- Average searches: 36,985
- Average clicks: 36,964
- Average CTR: 100%
- Average price: $15–$30
- Popular keywords: Wall art, printable wall art, art prints, digital art, canvas wall art
In a similar vein as home goods, art is a perfect category to consider for your Etsy shop. “Art & collectibles” is actually the second most popular handmade good for sale on the marketplace. You can use art to create some of the items already mentioned on this list: stickers, tote bags, jewelry, and digital downloads, for example.
If you’re an artist, you can create custom designs to sell on your Etsy store. Not an artist? You can source vintage finds from your local thrift shop, garage sales, and online peer-to-peer channels like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist to resell to your Etsy customers.
7. Collectible Items
- Number of listings: 12 million
- Average searches: 2,334
- Average clicks: 2,394
- Average CTR: 103%
- Average price: $10 and above (can go extremely high for vintage, limited edition)
- Popular keywords: Collectibles, collectibles figurines, art and collectibles, coins and collectibles, unique collectibles
We already know “art & collectibles” is a top-selling product category for Etsy. So, what does this mean? This means you might sell sought-after vintage collectible items (e.g., brass does extremely well in terms of vintage finds) or collectibles based on a theme (e.g., baseball cards and vinyl records).
If you have access to a steady stream of collectible-worthy items, Etsy is a great place to offload them in exchange for a profit. Local thrift stores and garage sales are great places to source these products.
- Number of listings: 1.7 million
- Average searches: 11,844
- Average clicks:12,221
- Average CTR: 103%
- Average price: $20
- Popular keywords: Women’s dresses, wedding dresses, prom dresses, flower girl dresses, bridesmaid dresses
- Number of listings: 5 million
- Average searches: 45,417
- Average clicks: 44,770
- Average CTR: 99%
- Average price: $10
- Popular keywords: Custom T-shirt, T-shirt women, T-shirt mockup, comfort colors T-shirt, teacher T-shirt
Apparel is a great item to sell online because there’s a constant demand. However, there’s also a ton of competition. So, when selling apparel on Etsy, it’s best to choose a specific niche or ensure your items are carefully handmade. Etsy is, after all, a marketplace for makers, so handmade goods reign supreme here. In fact, 85% of Etsy merchants sell handmade items.
The best thing about selling clothing is that you can take your business in any direction. Maybe you want to be completely hands-off and go the print-on-demand route. Or, perhaps you have design skills and are capable of handcrafting your own one-of-a-kind pieces. Personalized apparel is also a great fit for Etsy. If you can think of it, you can probably sell it on Etsy.
- Number of listings: 20.9 million
- Average searches: 89,344
- Average clicks: 85,360
- Average CTR: 96%
- Average price: $8
- Popular keywords: Gift for her, gift for him, personalized gift, mothers day gift, wedding gift
Gifts remain to be a popular search item on Etsy. It is no surprise since shoppers flock to Etsy to hunt for custom-made, one-of-a-kind gift items. The search term “gift” is in four of the five trending keywords on Etsy searches from January 2023—gift (233,040), valentines gifts for him (232,040), gift for him (230,030), and gift for her (216,020).
While almost all Etsy shops are ideal for gifts, using the keyword “gifts” will most likely get your shop listed on Etsy search results, so use it strategically!
10. Digital Products & Downloads
- Number of listings: 10.2 million
- Average searches: 33,815
- Average clicks: 30,985
- Average CTR: 92%
- Average price: $3
- Popular keywords: Digital planner, digital prints, digital download, digital art, digital stickers
Digital products and downloads are excellent items to sell on Etsy. In fact, they are easily one of the highest-selling items on Etsy with zero to little overhead costs. For one, you don’t have to store any physical inventory since everything is online. Plus, there are no shipping fees, and customers instantly receive the item digitally.
Beyond the logistics, digital products are hugely popular in the marketplace. “Digital planner” is a top searched term, and the No. 4 seller offers digital SVG files for sale—check them out at Heather Roberts Art.
When it comes to digital products, there are so many possibilities. Some ideas to help you get started include:
- Designs, graphics, or illustrations
- Phone and computer backgrounds
- 3D printing
- Business cards
Emerging Trend: Minimalist
- Number of listings: 3.4 million
- Average searches: 248,635
- Average clicks: 231,135
- Average CTR: 93%
- Average price: $10
- Popular keywords: minimalist earrings, minimalist wall art, minimalist ring, minimalist necklace, room decor aesthetic
The minimalist trend has been growing on Etsy’s shopper base as the keyword has been popular in recent months, according to eRank’s trend buzz report. What is great about this trend is that it has a wide range—almost all items in our guide feature a minimalist keyword during our research (as shown in the popular keywords above). Keep up to date with emerging trends by following Etsy’s Marketplace Insights.
Considering growing your online store, joining a marketplace, or signing up for a content creation platform? You might be interested in our recommendations for Etsy alternatives.
With affordable listing and transaction fees, minimal startup costs, and instant access to over 96 million active buyers, Etsy is a great place to expand or even start a retail business. This platform is a great way to put your products before an existing audience of ready-to-buy consumers. It’s more specific than Amazon’s broad marketplace, so you’re catering to a more predictable customer base.
Whether you want to launch your business on Etsy or grow an existing business as part of your retail marketing strategy, these best-selling products on Etsy are certainly great places to start. To succeed, you’ll need to sell in-demand goods unique to what other sellers offer—at a competitive price that doesn’t sacrifice profits.