The sales operations role—also known as sales ops—helps sales teams do their jobs more efficiently. The sales ops role is shifting to focus more on managing the sales technology stack, specifically customer relationship management (CRM) software. It’s crucial that your CRM not only works optimally for sales reps, but for the support staff that assist them.
CRM for Sales Operations
(Best Overall) For the tactical, strategic sales operations manager
Sales operations staff responsible for pipeline management
Sales operations employees who need to provide high-quality dashboards
Sales operations employees who need to produce accurate, detailed reports
Sales operations that require multiple apps and seamless integrations
Sales operations managers who value an intuitive user experience
Salesforce: Best Overall CRM for Sales Operations
Salesforce is by far the most feature-rich CRM when it comes to sales operations tasks. Sales operations managers are often responsible for sales metrics and analytics, territory planning, quota setting, incentives and compensation, and sales enablement. Salesforce allows you to seamlessly collect, track, organized, read, and analyze data. With Salesforce’s robust reporting and analysis capabilities, sales operations professionals can make the best recommendations for how to disburse resources and boost performance.
Clear market leader
Public cloud accessibility
- Essential: $25 per user, per month, billed annually
- Professional: $55 per user, per month, billed annually
- Enterprise: $150 per user, per month, billed annually
- Unlimited: $300 per user, per month, billed annually
- Data and file storage per user, lead management, assignment and routing, web-to-lead capture, mass email, campaign management are all included in the Essential plan.
- Campaign influence, customizable profiles and page layouts, roles and permissions, sales console app are available in the Professional plan.
- Sales teams, calendar all, custom opportunity fields in forecasting, and enterprise territory management are available in the Enterprise and Unlimited plans.
Pipedrive: Best Overall CRM for Pipeline Management
Pipedrive is known for its easy, intuitive user experience. Customers rave about the cleanness of their dashboards, allowing them to move elements between stages of the pipeline by dragging and dropping. Pipedrive is known for being a visual CRM, enabling easy viewing and tracking of client communication. Salespeople appreciate seeing a list of untouched contacts and being able to track submitted or approved proposals. Pipedrive is a simple, yet powerful CRM for small businesses.
Dial-out and calling capabilities
- Essential: $15 per user, per month, billed annually
- Advanced: $29 per user, per month, billed annually
- Professional: $59 per user, per month, billed annually
- Enterprise: $99 billed annually (not available for monthly billing)
- Visual dashboards, deal reports, sales assistant, file attachments, calendar view, activity management, contact and organization management are included in all four pricing tiers.
- Unlimited advanced user permissions available with the Enterprise plan.
- 24/7 customer support is available through chat with all plans except Enterprise, which grants you phone support.
Copper: Best Overall CRM for Creating Dashboards
Copper is optimal for small and medium-sized businesses looking for an easy-to-use CRM that easily builds visual dashboards. Copper dashboards allow you to get better insights on where to focus your team’s time to maximize sales output, which is ideal for sales operations managers. Individual salespeople can track their progress. Team managers can oversee the progress of their team. Executives can get a company-wide view of overall performance. All of this cross-departmental functionality makes sales operations employee’s jobs easier.
- Basic: $24 per user, per month; $19 per user, per month with the annual pricing option
- Professional: $69 per user, per month; $49 per user, per month with the annual pricing option
- Business: $119 per user, per month with the annual pricing option (month-to-month billing plan is not available)
- Bulk email sends: one per day for the Basic plan, 10 per day for the Professional plan, unlimited for the Business plan.
- Storage space: 2GB for the Basic plan, 200GB for the Professional plan, and 500GB for the Business plan.
- G-suite integration, meeting scheduler, email open tracking, sales and basic forecasting, and mobile apps are available with all plans.
Bitrix24: Best Overall CRM for Reporting
Bitrix24 is a robust CRM known for its customizability. Bitrix24 earns high marks from users for its detailed, yet easy-to-use reporting functionality. Their “Report Designer” feature allows you to build reports with CRM data using several layers of grouping and calculated values. Some of the most popular reports sales operations managers pull include lead funnels, lead sources, conversion, and employees’ lead processing efficiency. Bitrix24 is best for companies and small businesses. It’s also great for remote teams that need to keep in touch and collaborate efficiently.
Notifications for opportunities, tasks, and activities
Customized, robust reporting
Social media capabilities
- Free: $0
- Special: $24 to $69 per month; $16.80 to $48.30 per month with the annual pricing option
- Business: $99 to $199 per month; $69.30 to $139.30 per month with the annual pricing option
- Under the Free plan, you’ll receive unlimited users, 5GB of storage, and 1,000 emails per month.
- Under the Special plan, you’ll receive 1,000 to 35,000 CRM emails, up to 35,000 bulk emails, and two to 10 pipelines.
- Under the Business plan, you’ll receive unlimited card scans, unlimited call recording, and 100GB to unlimited online storage.
Insightly: Best Overall CRM for Integrations
Insightly is a powerful, easy-to-use CRM software with strong integration abilities with apps like Gmail, Office 365, Mailchimp, and more. Insightly’s positive reputation is partly due to the multiple options for tight email integration, custom fields, and role-based permissions included in the Professional and Enterprise plans. Businesses of all sizes rely on Insightly to manage contacts throughout every stage of the sales process, track customer relationships, and monitor their sales pipelines.
Easy to navigate
- Plus: $35 per user, per month
- Professional: $59 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $129 per user, per month
- Included in all three pricing plans are email support, help center, community forums, lead and opportunity management, and mass emailing.
- The Plus plan will give you 100,000 records, Professional gives you 250,000, and Enterprise gives you unlimited.
- Unlimited configurable profiles and page layouts are included with the Professional and Enterprise plans.
Freshworks CRM: Best Overall CRM for User Interface
Users of Freshworks CRM find the interface highly intuitive and enjoy the powerful features like built-in phone and email, artificial intelligence (AI)-based lead scoring, visual pipelines, workflow automations, and customizable visual reports and dashboards. What sets Freshworks CRM apart is that it has most of the same features offered with pricier CRM solutions while being more user-friendly. Freshworks CRM is great for businesses wanting to manage their sales without having to juggle multiple tools.
APIs and integrations
Freshworks CRM Pricing
- Sprout: $0 per user, per month
- Blossom: $19 per user, per month
- Garden: $35 per user, per month
- Estate: $65 per user, per month
- Forest: $99 per user, per month
Freshworks CRM Features
- Features included in all pricing plans: lead, contact, account and deal management, tasks, appointments, notes, and unlimited record limits.
- API access, workflows, and bulk emails are not included in the Sprout plan.
- The Garden plan allows five sales email sequences, Estate provides 10, and Forest provides 25.
Want to learn more about Freshworks CRM and what users think? Visit our Freshworks CRM reviews page.