What We Recommend Insightly For
Insightly enables users to create visual pipelines to manage and track leads, opportunities, and projects. It also streamlines various sales tasks like lead routing and email management, which are essential in engaging and nurturing your prospects and contacts.
Who Insightly Is Good For
- Small businesses that want a centralized contact and pipeline database for sales and projects: Insightly’s built-in project management tool makes it an excellent choice for small businesses looking to unify contact records all throughout sales and post-sales processes. It is one of our top picks for the best CRMs for small businesses.
- Startups and growing businesses that want to simplify complex workflows and automate repetitive tasks: Insightly provides workflow and task automation tools, as well as a robust project management tool. These functionalities let you focus on nurturing relationships with leads and clients rather than spending time on repetitive tasks. For this reason, Insightly made it to our list of the best CRM software for startups.
- Real estate agents: Insightly offers tools that come in handy for a real estate agent. Its lead management and automation tools simplify the sales process and help you focus on building relationships with buyers and sellers. Its mobile app also helps you perform these tasks while you’re out on a showing or a meeting. Because of these benefits, Insightly is one of our top picks for the best free real estate CRM.
When Insightly Would Not Be a Good Fit
- Those looking for a robust free CRM: Although Insightly offers a free plan, it is limited in terms of the number of users, records, and emails you can send. If you are on the lookout for a high-quality, free CRM, check out our top picks for the best free CRM software.
- Companies that want to integrate social media with their sales processes: Social media is one of today’s most commonly used channels for lead generation and customer engagement, especially for business-to-consumer (B2C) selling. Insightly, however, does not integrate with such platforms. If social media is crucial for your business processes, our list of the best social CRM platforms has more suitable options for you.
- Companies wanting a white label CRM: A white label CRM enables you to customize and rebrand the software with the intent of reselling it or bundling it with other solutions. Insightly is not a great option for this purpose as it lacks a partnership program. However, you can check out our list of the best white label CRMs to learn more.
|Highly customizable workflows||In-app dialer costs extra|
|Extensive third-party software integration||Free plan is limited to two users|
|Real-time data synchronization with mobile app||Workflow automation is only available in the more expensive plans|
Insightly offers the following subscription options:
- Free: Up to two users, 2,500 records, and 10 mass emails per day
- Plus: $35 per user, per month
- Professional: $59 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $129 per user, per month
Small businesses handling a few leads and clients
Businesses that want advanced emailing tools
Sales teams looking to streamline their workflow
Large companies handling a high volume of contacts
Mass Email Limit
10 per day
2,500 per day
5,000 per day
10,000 per day
Custom Fields Limit
200 per record type
*Prices shown are based on enrollment in an annual plan.
**A record is any contact, lead, opportunity, or project you save in the CRM.
Insightly’s free plan has access to basic management tools for contacts, emails, tasks, and calendars. Users can customize their pipelines to include leads, organizations, opportunities, and projects. As for reporting features, it also has visual dashboards and reports.
The Plus plan includes the basic tools included in the Free plan, as well as email scheduling, calendar syncing, triggerable smart alerts, email support, and the ability to add your custom branding. You can also purchase seats for an unlimited number of users.
Along with the features included in the lower plans, the Professional plan adds custom dashboards, lead assignment rules, and advanced permissions to the list of features you can access. It also provides higher allowances on the number of records, custom fields, and daily mass emails.
The Enterprise plan includes all of the lower plans’ features, plus management tools for products, price books, and quotes. It also allows unlimited records, storage, and custom dashboards.
- Insightly Voice (telephony solution): $35 per user, per month*
- CRM Support & Service: (advanced support and training): Starts at $1,500 per year
*Requires Professional or Enterprise plan, as well as the Premium or Ultimate CRM Support & Service add-on.
Insightly’s features are designed to streamline sales processes by organizing leads and other contact records. It seamlessly transfers each lead’s contact information and interaction history into projects once you have closed the deal with them. It also helps you build relationships with your contacts by recording how they are linked to one another within their organizations and affiliations.
Below are some of the features worth mentioning:
- In-app dialer: It has a built-in telephony solution called Insightly Voice that features call recording, forwarding, routing, and voicemail tools.
- Integrations: Insightly integrates with more than 250 third-party software, including those for emailing, calendar management, and file storage.
Let’s take a closer look at Insightly’s key features: sales, relationship linking, project management, mobile app, reporting, customer service, and ease of use.
- Lead and opportunity management
- Workflow automation
- Mass emailing
- Visual pipelines
- Lead assignment and routing
- Web-to-lead capture
Insightly’s lead routing tool automatically assigns each lead to the sales representative who has the highest chance of closing the deal. This assignment is based on relevant data on the lead’s activities, including marketing campaign source, emails, phone calls, and meetings.
As your leads and opportunities go through their respective pipelines, the platform automates sales tasks, such as creating email alerts, updating records, and creating tasks for your sales team. As for email management, Insightly allows you to send bulk emails, monitor delivery, and track open and click rates.
- Contact and organization record management
- Record linking
- Task and event management
- Automatic social profile enrichment
Insightly enables you to keep track of friendships, family ties, and affiliations between your contacts that you might notice in your email conversations. Once you record a relationship, you will be able to see it whenever you access each of the involved contacts, leads, or organizations. This feature is particularly helpful when you are nurturing relationships with different people within organizations or partnerships.
- Milestone and task tracking
- Task and event templates
- Calendar synchronization
- Automatic conversion of opportunities to projects
Insightly facilitates a seamless flow from sales to project management by automatically creating a project record when you win an opportunity. These new projects instantly contain links to any record connected to the opportunity, including contacts, notes, emails, and files. You can also manually create records for different types of projects, such as onboarding, maintenance, and hiring projects.
- Access to sales, relationship, and project management tools
- Real-time data synchronization
- Business card scanner with automated data entry
- Voice notes
Insightly’s mobile app enables you to view and update your records while you are in the field. It also has a card-scanning feature specific to the mobile app. It scans business cards and automatically adds the information into the system, removing the need for manual data entry.
- Opportunities, leads, and projects dashboards
- Boolean operator-filtered reports
- Scheduled reports and alerts
- Legacy reports
- Custom reports
Insightly’s home tab has leads, opportunities, and project dashboards that give a visual representation of different metrics like win rate, sales by individual reps, and leads by source. You can also generate various in-depth reports, such as sales forecasts and conversion rates.
Basic reports include legacy reports for opportunity category breakdown, reasons for losing opportunities, and opportunity pipeline stage distribution. Advanced reporting enables you to set your own filters and parameters as you generate visualizations for opportunity value, expected revenue, and other metrics.
Customer Service & Ease of Use
- Intuitive custom pipeline creation interface
- Onboarding program
- Customer success manager
- Drag-and-drop dashboard customization
- Email and phone support
Insightly’s user interface intuitively shows the tabs leading to the different record types, tasks, and other features. Furthermore, creating pipelines, dashboards, and reports does not require a lot of technical skill. Its customer support add-ons also offer services like its onboarding program and a dedicated customer success manager.
Best for: Small businesses looking for contact and project management tools
Best for: Small businesses needing a free plan that supports unlimited users
Best for: Sales teams that require built-in calling features to contact leads
Starting price: Free or $19 per month
Starting price: Free or $50 per month for its sales or marketing add-on
Starting price: Free or $29 per user, per month
If you want to know more about other CRM software that might be a better fit for your needs, take a look at the best Insightly alternatives.
What Users Think of Insightly
Most of Insightly’s users are happy with its user-friendly interface and extensive third-party software integration options. At the time of this publication, Insightly has the following scores on popular user review sites:
- G2: 4.1 out of 5 based on 563 reviews
- Capterra: 3.9 out of 5 based on 489 reviews
- TrustRadius: 8.1 out of 10 based on 624 reviews
- Software Advice: 3.93 out of 5 based on 488 reviews
When reading through user reviews, here are some of the most prominent trends observed:
Users Don’t Like
Intuitive contact and pipeline management interface
Mobile app is not as functional as the desktop version
Seamless third-party software integration
Limited customization for reports
Data is stored in a public cloud
Efficient customer support team
Insightly is a CRM software that offers extensive and robust sales tools. However, its main strength is in its integrated project management system. These two main features working together present an advantage in both nurturing and maintaining relationships with leads and clients. As for its users, most are pleased with its user-friendly interface and seamless integration with third-party software. Sign up for a free plan to see if it is a good fit for your business.