This article is part of a larger series on CRM.
Pipedrive is a customer relationship management (CRM) software that offers visual pipelines and sales process automation. Its key features include lead and deal management, communication tracking, activity and deal reports, and an artificial intelligence (AI)-powered sales assistant called Smart AI. It is best for sales professionals and teams that need an easy-to-use CRM with visual sales pipeline tools.
What We Recommend Pipedrive For
Pipedrive’s core CRM features are designed to simplify sales processes and reports using automation and visual sales pipelines. It also includes tools for email marketing and a mobile app for field sales agents. Each pricing tier offers a different level of customization, security settings, and reporting capabilities.
Who Pipedrive Is Good For
- Teams that need an easy-to-use CRM with pipeline visualization tools: Pipedrive allows you to create visual pipelines and customize reporting dashboards using drag-and-drop functionality. It simplifies complex CRM data, making it easier to understand and analyze. For this reason, it is one of our top picks for the best simple CRM systems.
- Businesses wanting a CRM with email management features: Pipedrive’s features include an email inbox, customizable email templates, email tracking, and bulk email sending. For similar options, check out our recommendations for the best CRM software for email marketing.
- Salespeople looking for a mobile CRM for their fieldwork: Pipedrive offers a mobile CRM with caller, geolocation, and calendar sync. They can use it to manage their contacts and deals, as well as to locate nearby leads for their sales calls. Pipedrive is included in our list of the best mobile CRM apps.
- Real estate agents who need to segment contacts for niche targeting: Pipedrive’s system allows real estate agents to segment their leads into targeted mailing lists. For example, send specific drip campaigns to buyers, sellers, and investors for optimal conversion results. For this reason, it is the best CRM for real estate agents.
Pipedrive Is Not a Good Fit For
- Small businesses looking for a free CRM solution: Pipedrive does not offer a free plan. Moreover, startups and small businesses may find its pricing scheme expensive. Consider Zoho CRM if you need a free and affordable alternative. You can also check out our list of top free CRM systems.
- Sales teams that make large volumes of outbound calls: Pipedrive’s caller feature is available only in its two highest tiers. You might want to try Freshsales if you need a CRM that offers a built-in phone system across all plans. See how Pipedrive stacks up against Freshsales.
- Companies looking for a white label CRM: Pipedrive does not offer white label solutions, so you cannot customize or resell it under your own brand. If you need a solution that you can rebrand or bundle with your own services, check out Bitrix24 or take a look at our list of the best white label CRM systems.
- Real estate professionals seeking marketing tools: Although Pipedrive is a great choice for contact management, they do not offer much in terms of marketing materials. For agents and brokerages looking for a CRM tool with built-in marketing options, check out HubSpot and other free real estate CRMs with marketing tools.
|Easy setup and data import||Does not offer a free plan|
|Provides visual pipelines||Phone support is limited to the Enterprise plan|
|Customizable reporting dashboards||Lead generation tools cost extra|
|Extensive third-party software integrations||Calling features are only available in higher tiers|
|24/7 chat and email support across all plans||Enterprise plan requires at least 10 users|
Pipedrive’s pricing is divided into four paid plans with monthly fees starting at $15 per user, per month (or $14.90 per user, per month, billed annually). All of the tiers offer basic contact and deal management, deal and activity reports, visual dashboards, an artificial intelligence (AI)-powered assistant, mobile apps, and 24/7 customer support. You may sign up for a 14-day free trial to explore its features and capabilities.
Small sales teams focused on sales pipeline management
Growing sales teams needing automation
Mid-sized businesses with multiple sales teams
Large companies and enterprises
(minimum of 10 users)
24/7 Customer Support
Chat and email
Chat and email
Chat and email
Chat and email plus custom onboarding
Contact, Lead, and Deal Management
Deal and Activity Reports
Mobile Apps (iOS and Android)
Quotes, Proposals, and Contracts
- LeadBooster (lead generation tool set): Starts at $32.50 per company, per month
- Web Visitors (web tracking and lead ranking): $41 per company, per month
Pipedrive’s basic plan comes with tools for managing contacts, organizations, deals, visual pipelines, meetings, sales activities, and user access. It also allows you to customize fields and pipelines, import and export data, as well as merge duplicate entries. You can automatically link and forward emails that are associated with contacts and deals to Pipedrive. Aside from that, you can see your contacts’ location on Google Maps and attach files to emails and deals.
The Essential plan’s basic reporting features include insights on deals and activities, a shareable visual dashboard, and goal tracking for individuals and the company. This tier also provides an Application Programming Interface (API) access to develop custom features or modules that are not included in your CRM software. You can use APIs to pull financial data from an accounting app, store requests for proposals, and calculate sales commissions.
When you upgrade to the Advanced plan, you get additional features, such as product catalogs, two-way email sync, customizable emails and templates, email tracking, and customizable email signatures. In addition, you can send trackable quotes, proposals, and contracts. This tier also unlocks workflow automation features, single sign-on (SSO) login, and recurring revenue reports.
The Professional tier adds bulk emailing, e-signatures, in-app calling, company-wide document sharing, and unbranded documents on top of the features included in the Advanced plan. It also has additional reporting capabilities like custom fields and reports, revenue forecasting, unlimited visual dashboards, and team goal management.
The two higher tiers of Pipedrive’s plans feature more advanced privacy and security features. You get a security dashboard where you can monitor your account’s user access and security-related activities. There are options to add stricter login rules like time-based access restrictions and password expiration. You can also receive alerts about suspicious logins and data leaks, and see all of your team’s deals, contacts, and product inventory.
The highest tier has the same inclusions as the Professional tier, plus access to custom onboarding and support. It also offers 100 workflow automations, which is higher than the 60 automations offered in Professional. Aside from that, you can customize an unlimited number of permission sets for different user access levels.
Pipedrive offers features that simplify your sales team’s processes and communication. It helps you sort and narrow down the deals using filters and labels to determine which ones you need to prioritize. It also tracks your opportunities and sales activities to find patterns that improve your performance. Aside from that, it is equipped with privacy and security features to protect your business data.
Take a closer look at Pipedrive’s key features:
- Deal and lead management
- Contact and organization management
- Customizable pipelines
- Custom fields
- Products catalog
- Deal rotting
Pipedrive’s core features include tools for managing deals, leads, contacts, and organizations. You can import and export these data from a spreadsheet or another CRM system. It also allows you to create a customizable catalog of your company’s products and pricing. Its deal rotting feature notifies you when a deal that stays in a stage longer than a defined period of time.
- View activity and communication history of contacts and organizations
- Email and sales document tracking
- Meeting scheduler
- Calendar view and activity management
- Contacts map
With Pipedrive, you can view your contacts’ history of linked deals, communications, and activities. It also notifies you when your email or document is opened by your customer so you can follow up with them at the right time. Aside from that, it allows you to share your availability for a meeting, see upcoming sales activities, and find nearby contacts using Google Maps.
Pipedrive’s caller feature enables you to make outbound calls directly from your CRM. It automatically logs your call as an activity under the relevant contact. You can also enable call recording and download the recorded file.
- Smart Docs (trackable quotes, contracts, and proposals)
- Auto-filled templates
- Google Drive and OneDrive integration
- Company-wide sharing of documents and templates
- Unbranded sending and signing
Pipedrive’s Smart Docs feature allows you to send trackable quotes, contracts, and proposals within the CRM. It also notifies you when the document is opened. You can remove the Pipedrive branding from any of your documents, attach e-signatures, and allow everyone in your organization to access these files. You can also auto-fill the templates with Pipedrive data to lessen manual copy-pasting errors and send quotes faster.
- Smart AI (sales assistant)
- Workflow automation
- Smart contact data
- Activity reminders
Pipedrive helps you eliminate repetitive manual tasks and streamlines your team’s sales processes with automated workflows. These include sending personalized emails, creating a new deal when a contact is added, and transferring ownership of a task when a deal is moved to another stage. You can also choose to receive push notifications to remind you of an upcoming activity.
The Smart AI sales assistant automatically gives you suggestions on what to do next and how to improve based on your past performance. Pipedrive also has a smart contact data feature that automatically lists valuable insights about leads from the web and social platforms.
- Android and iOS apps
- Caller ID linked to deals and activities
- Web-to-mobile calls
- Automatic call logging
- Client location on maps
- Contacts and calendar sync with Google and Microsoft
- Google Drive sync
- Chrome extension for Gmail
Pipedrive offers mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices. The app allows you to access and update records of your contacts, deals, and activities. You can also see your upcoming calls and meetings, search for information, and take notes. It also lets you make calls by tapping a contact, see the caller ID on incoming calls, and locate nearby contacts. In addition, you can add Google Drive files or create new ones directly within the CRM.
Reporting & Analytics
- Deal and activity reports
- Custom fields and reports
- Recurring revenue
- Revenue forecast
- Visual dashboard with a shareable link
- Team performance management
- Individual, team, and company goals
Pipedrive allows you to create customizable reports on your deals, leads, activities, and revenue. It has interactive visual dashboards, helping viewers easily interpret key metrics at a glance. It also lets you create goals for individuals, teams, or the company and track them on a custom dashboard. You can share these reports with anyone in your organization using its live dashboard link.
- Facebook Messenger
- Zoom Meetings
- Dealbot for Slack
Extend and enhance the capabilities of Pipedrive by integrating it with other apps and services. Its Marketplace offers more than 150 app integrations under various categories. These include apps for accounting, analytics, messaging, customer support, email marketing, lead generation, marketing automation, and web forms.
Pipedrive offers 24/7 customer support via email and chat across all plans. You can also submit a support ticket when you are logged into your Pipedrive account. Just click on the Quick Help question mark icon and start a conversation with the support team via chat. Aside from that, you can learn from sales and marketing experts in Pipedrive’s community forum. There’s also a knowledge base for self-help resources on how to set up and configure Pipedrive.
If you need in-depth training to level up your CRM skills, you can access free tutorial videos and courses on the Pipedrive Academy. It also features training videos on how to maximize specific Pipedrive features. Topics include lead nurturing, workflow automation, sales pipelines, overcoming objections in sales, customer support, and integration platforms.
Ease of Use
Pipedrive is easy to learn and use, even for beginners. It has a clean, simple layout, plus the configuration options are not overwhelming. All your menu options are visible in a single glance, so you don’t need to select a lot of actions to achieve a certain task. You can also migrate your data from another CRM with a single click. Its drag-and-drop functionality makes it easy to customize pipelines and dashboards.
Best for: Organizations that need a CRM with social media marketing tools
Best for: Sales teams making large volumes of outbound calls
Best for: Small ecommerce businesses looking for a CRM with order and inventory management features
Starting price: Free or $14 per user, per month
Starting price: Free or $15 per user, per month
Starting price: Free or $24 per month
If you’re not sure Pipedrive is right for you, check out our guide to the top six CRMs for small businesses.
What Users Think of Pipedrive
Most Pipedrive users like its simplicity, ease of use, intuitive interface, and visual sales pipelines. They also appreciate its reporting capabilities, workflow automation, and customizability. As of the date this article was written, it has earned the following scores from the most popular review sites:
- Capterra: 4.5 out of 5 based on 2,300 reviews
- G2: 4.3 out of 5 based on 1,376 reviews
- Gartner: 4.4 out of 5 based on 279 reviews
- TrustRadius: 8.6 out of 10 based on 283 reviews
Some users said its email management features could be buggy at times, especially on the mobile app. Others mentioned that the cost of its plans could be expensive for small businesses. While many acknowledge that it is not as robust as other CRMs like Salesforce, the majority of the users think that it is a great tool for organizing their contacts, deals, and sales pipelines.
Pipedrive is an easy-to-use CRM that offers a visual sales pipeline and tools for managing leads, contacts, deals, and activities. It also has a built-in dialer, email and document tracking features, and an AI-powered sales assistant. Visit Pipedrive’s website to sign up for a 14-day free trial.