Jumpstart HR offers HR outsourcing and consulting solutions for startups and small businesses. Its services cover a wide range of HR tasks, from handling special projects like creating HR policies to finding qualified candidates for open positions. You also get a dedicated HR professional who can provide expert advice on handling compliance and employee issues.
Jumpstart HR even nabbed a spot on our list of best HR outsourcing services given its flexible and reasonably-priced HR services. Fees start at $197 per hour if you need to contact an HR consultant, or $250 per month if you prefer monthly coaching calls with an HR expert. A custom-priced HR strategic services plan is also available, which includes HR support packages for new employer registration, employee onboarding, and more.
Jumpstart HR Overview
Jumpstart HR Is Best For
- Startups who need help setting up their business: Aside from setting up HR policies and employee handbooks for your startup, Jumpstart HR offers new employer registration assistance. It even provides advisory services if you need help selecting the right software vendor for your business’ HR technology needs.
- Small businesses that don’t have an in-house HR team or HR manager: With Jumpstart, you don’t need to hire an HR manager or a full team to handle all facets of HR (from hiring to payroll and compensation planning). Its outsourcing services grant you access to HR professionals who can conduct HR audits, manage recruiting, review policies, and handle simple to complicated HR projects, such as salary market analysis.
- Employers who need quick HR advisory services from time to time: Aside from hourly and monthly plans, Jumpstart HR offers a 30-minute HR consultation service if you need help on how to handle a compliance issue or have questions about the latest labor and tax regulations.
Jumpstart HR Is Not Ideal For
- Businesses looking to outsource payroll and employee benefits processing: In terms of benefits, Jumpstart HR outsourcing services only cover benefits market analysis and processing employee benefits changes. It won’t run payroll, file payroll tax forms, and manage your benefits plans as a professional employer organization (PEO) would. We recommend Justworks because it offers solid PEO services at reasonable rates. To know more about its HR services and solutions, read our Justworks review.
- Companies that need payroll solutions to streamline employee and contractor payments: While Jumpstart HR provides expert insight into the payroll compliances you should follow and different ways you can pay employees, it doesn’t pay workers for you. Check out our payroll outsourcing guide for some options—we explain how these services work and offer some of our top-recommended providers.
- Employers who want an all-in-one HR system: Jumpstart HR doesn’t offer an HR system to streamline employee management processes. For more suitable options, read our guide to the best HR software for small businesses.
How Jumpstart HR Compares With Top Alternatives
Startups needing a dedicated HR specialist to work on HR-related projects
$197 per hour
Employers looking for a dedicated HR manager to identify HR gaps and ensure compliance
$99 per month
Companies that want an all-inclusive HR, IT, and PEO solution
Companies looking for an all-in-one HR, payroll, and IT solution
$59 per employee
Looking for something different? If you only need pay processing solutions, read our guides to the best payroll services and top payroll software for small businesses to find a service or software that’s right for your business.
Jumpstart HR Pricing
Jumpstart HR pricing plans consist of subscription-based packages and a la carte options where you pay for specific services or special HR projects, such as creating a company policy or revising an employee handbook. While the Jumpstart HR features included in the plans may vary depending on the package selected and your HR consulting requirements, all options come with a dedicated HR professional who can do the HR tasks for you.
HR Strategic Services
Employers who need hourly HR help
Business owners who require monthly HR coaching calls
Employers looking for an HR partner who can handle most of the HR admin tasks
$197 per hour
Starts at $250 per month
Call for a quote (fixed fee per month)
Number of hours can be capped to a specific limit per month
Coaching calls via phone or video chat for up to four times a month
Contact a dedicated HR professional who can coach you on how to handle employees and help with compliance, policies, recruiting, onboarding, or other HR-related tasks
The HR Coordinator plan may allow you to place a monthly cap on Jumpstart HR’s consulting hours, but if you only need the provider’s services for several hours a month, you may want to consider its Flexible HR Support Subscription option. This comes with a 20-hour cap per month, and you can purchase multiple plans based on your HR needs. It costs $1,970 per plan monthly, plus a $149 sign-up fee.
If you have special projects or may need quick HR consultations, Jumpstart HR offers the following a la carte packages.
- 30-minute expert HR consult: $247
- New employer registration and compliance: $399
- DISC career development assessment This a personality assessment tool that helps employees understand their strengths, preferences, and natural behaviors and how these can impact their actions or decisions at work. : $55
- DISC career development assessment with coaching: $450
- Single HR policy creation + documents: $895
- Employee handbook creation: $5,000
- Employee handbook revision: $1,970
- Prepaid HR consulting package: $1,970
- Comes with 10 hours of consulting services for HR, payroll, and recruitment topics
Jumpstart HR Features
Jumpstart HR offers a wide range of HR consulting and outsourcing solutions. Here are some of its services.
- New business and legal compliance
- Assists in new employer registration
- Creates policy and employee handbook
- Monitors relevant HR law changes
- Providers vendor selection advisory services for HR software purchases
- Recruitment and talent acquisition
- Conducts research into compensation and benefits plans that similar companies offer to new hires
- Assists in creating effective job descriptions, posting jobs to job boards, sourcing candidates on LinkedIn, conducting applicant phone screens, and coordinating in-person interviews
- Employee onboarding
- Includes background check services and creating/sending electronic offer letters
- Assists in new hire data entry and new hire HR orientation
- Guides managers in conducting performance feedback for 30-, 60, 90-, 120-, and 365-day check-ins
- Strategic HR administration
- Helps ensure that HR strategies align with the company’s overall business strategy
- Assists in inputting HR data into client systems (such as payroll software) and processing employee paperwork/benefits changes
- Responds to employee HR inquiries and requests
- Provides market analysis on compensation and benefits, including insights into legal HR issues
- Conducts research and consults managers on specific HR or employee-related issues (on a case-to-case basis)
- Employee performance management
- Helps establish policies and guidelines for employee conduct
- Facilitates quarterly and annual performance management reviews
- Conducts and facilitates employee termination procedures
- Leadership and workplace culture development
- Provides employee, team, and management coaching sessions via phone, email, video, and face-to-face meetings
- Outplacement HR services
- Provides counseling and support services for soon-to-be retrenched employees
- Assists in employee resume review and creation
- Conducts mock interview coaching sessions
Jumpstart HR Ease of Use
- Flexible HR services
- Wide range of HR consulting options
- Dedicated HR professional
- HR audits and compliance reviews
- Helpful podcasts and HR articles
Jumpstart HR makes handling processes easy for small business owners. It has a feature-rich suite of HR consulting solutions that cover all aspects of the employee lifecycle—from hiring to retiring. It can even assist new startups in getting their employer registration.
You get a dedicated HR professional, so you don’t have to worry about having to explain the complexities of your business and HR needs every time you call Jumpstart HR for help. The provider also offers flexible pricing plans, allowing you to choose hourly, monthly, or on-call packages.
It can do basic recruiting tasks for you and run an HR audit to help identify areas that can be streamlined or might become potential compliance issues. Coaching calls are also available, as well as weekly HR podcasts if you want to learn more about HR and employee management.
While Jumpstart HR can help you update policies and employee handbooks, some of its ala carte services are a bit pricey. For creating a single HR policy and a handbook, the provider will charge you $895 and $5,000, respectively. You also don’t get an online platform where you can view the progress of these documents. And if you have queries about the provider’s services, its website doesn’t have FAQs or how-to guides you can access online—you have to call Jumpstart HR directly to ask your questions.
What Users Think About Jumpstart HR
At the time of publication, there are no Jumpstart HR reviews on popular review sites like G2 and Capterra. The only user feedback we found are those posted on Jumpstart HR’s website, wherein the reviews are all positive.
The common client feedback is about the quality of service that the provider offers. Reviewers are happy with the recruiting support they receive from Jumpstart HR, enabling them to meet their hiring goals. Others appreciate the provider’s suggested process improvements, which help streamline day-to-day HR tasks. Some reviewers commended its team of HR professionals for being responsive and helpful.
How We Evaluated Jumpstart HR
For this Jumpstart HR review article, we looked at the HR outsourcing services it offers and whether these cover a wide range of HR tasks—from creating policies to conducting HR audits and providing expert advice on compliance and legal HR issues. Having access to a dedicated HR professional is also an important factor. Then, we considered pricing, ease of use, and feedback from actual users.
HR can be challenging for small business owners, as they typically don’t have the expertise to manage HR processes or may be too busy running their company—or both. Jumpstart can provide small businesses and startups with the HR help they need through its HR outsourcing and consulting services. Its team of HR professionals can handle anything HR-related, such as reviewing HR guidelines and offering expert advice on how to handle compliance issues or even improve HR processes.
What’s great about Jumpstart HR is its flexible HR services plans that let you choose from hourly, monthly, and on-call packages. It even has a prepaid HR consulting service and à la carte options for your special project needs.
Sign up with Jumpstart HR plan today.