This article is part of a larger series on VoIP.
Nextiva is one of the best business phone systems, but there are certain features it lacks, such as extensive third-party integrations, unmetered global calling, and cost-effective mix-and-match plans. Here are some alternative providers based on Nextiva customer reviews and feedback from small business owners and platform users.
If you’re looking for a VoIP service provider other than Nextiva, here are the top three options to consider:
Businesses wanting full-featured phone systems with extensive third-party integrations
Budget-conscious teams needing mix-and-match plans as well as international unmetered calling and numbers
Companies in need of unmetered calls from over 50 countries
Monthly Starting Price:
$29.99 per user
$15 per user
$27 per user
Looking for more alternatives?
Check out our list of Nextiva alternatives to determine which of the top choices matches your business needs.
What We Recommend Nextiva For
Nextiva is a great low-cost business phone system that manages all your internal coordination and customer engagements within one feature-rich platform. It comes with video, voice, and messaging capabilities that are scalable enough to grow with your business as you expand. If you are looking for a small business VoIP service provider that already comes with collaboration and conferencing features, Nextiva is worth considering.
When to Use Nextiva
- Expanding businesses needing a cost-effective, scalable phone system: If you’re looking for unified communications (UC) and advanced telephony systems, Nextiva offers live chat and conference bridge, and accommodates teams of over 100. Its monthly per agent rate decreases as you add more users, and teams opting for annual billing will save up to 27% on per-user rates.
- Teams with nationwide branches needing unlimited video and voice calling: Enjoy unmetered VoIP calling in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Use Nextiva’s high-definition video calling to communicate with teams in multiple domestic locations constantly. Its rich video conferencing features is also one of the reasons Nextiva is on our list of best business cellphone plans.
- Companies wanting to integrate their sales and CRM (customer relationship management) software with their phone system: Nextiva comes equipped with sales and customer service features, including post-call surveys and automated emails to increase sales conversions. Integrating your VoIP system with your sales and CRM software lets you track leads and place crucial client information in front of your agents while on Nextiva.
- Organizations looking for a business VoIP service with professionally recorded voice greetings: Nextiva offers a wide range of professionally recorded voicemail greeting options, including male or female voices (Spanish, American, Latin American, and British accents). You get one free professionally recorded greeting with the Professional plan and three with the Enterprise plan. Nextiva is included in our list of the best professional voicemail greeting providers.
- Solopreneurs and small teams in the market for auto-attendant features: Nextiva joins our list of the best auto-attendant phone systems because its auto-receptionists intelligently route incoming calls to the appropriate agents and departments. This automated attendant feature is available in all plans and helps small businesses provide better customer service by reducing wait time and customer frustration.
When to Use a Nextiva Alternative
- Freelancers and solopreneurs with limited resources who want a free business phone system: Nextiva’s extensive call management and communication features may be too much for those looking for a basic virtual phone system. For basic VoIP features, such as calls, texts, and inbound caller ID, providers with free options like Ooma, Google Voice, or Freshdesk may be enough for your needs.
- Startups and lean teams with low call volumes: Nextiva’s plans come with toll-free minutes and unlimited domestic calling, but businesses with low call volumes are better off with a provider like Phone.com. Phone.com offers shared minutes and pooled text messages, allowing you to maximize your plan without additional per-user rates. This is why Phone.com is on our list of top VoIP services for home offices.
- Businesses that make frequent international calls: While Nextiva has per-minute international rates, businesses operating globally save on call costs by opting for a provider offering unmetered international calling. 8×8 has international phone numbers and unlimited international calling for up to 48 countries, with lower per-minute rates for other locations. Read our 8×8 vs Nextiva article for more information.
Are you looking for the best international calling service?
We compared the different providers offering free or cheap global calling solutions. Check out our guide on the best services for VoIP international calls and choose the one that fits your needs and budget.
What Users Say in Nextiva Reviews
Based on Nextiva reviews, customers report that their calls are efficiently routed, and there have been minimal to no issues with connectivity. Nextiva has helped reduce phone bills and increased control over call management. Users appreciate efficient customer service, a smooth onboarding process, and portability through mobile applications.
At the time of publication, Nextiva has earned the following scores on popular user review sites:
- G2: 4.4 out of 5 based on 1,370 reviews
- GETVOIP: 4.6 out of 5 based on 2,586 reviews
- Software Advice: 4.11 out of 5 based on 204 reviews
- Gartner: 4.5 out of 5 based on 599 reviews
- TrustRadius: 7.8 out of 10 based on 33 reviews
There has been consistent feedback across different Nextiva phone system reviews, but some users reported poor call quality (i.e., occasional deadlines and dropped calls) and instances of defective phones. Some customers find the backend challenging to navigate, often needing the help of Nextiva’s support team. On the other hand, even with these reports, overall feedback has been positive regarding Nextiva’s responsive customer service team.
Nextiva’s plans include advanced phone features useful for companies looking to streamline their communication systems. All plans come with toll-free numbers, Microsoft Outlook and Google contacts integrations, unlimited internet fax, and voicemail. Nextiva’s pricing starts at $30.95 per user for up to four agents, and annual payments will save you up to 22%. It also offers a seven-day free trial for interested parties.
Small teams needing all-in-one phone and video solutions
Small to mid-sized businesses with higher call volumes, and CRM (customer relationship management) integration needs
Large companies with high call volumes requiring comprehensive UC solutions
Team collaboration and chat messaging**
Unlimited calling within the U.S. & Canada
Unlimited conference calls
No. of professionally recorded greetings
Up to 1,500 minutes
Up to 3,000 minutes
Up to 12,500 minutes
Advanced integrations with the most popular CRM & customer-facing apps
*Monthly pricing is based on one to four users
**Includes up to three active rooms
Nextiva is a complete phone system solution with advanced features, including professionally recorded greetings, multi-level auto-attendants, and CRM integrations—designed to match varying business communication needs. Nextiva’s Cospace collaborative functions ensure you and your team remain connected and synchronized no matter where you are.
If you’re searching for a home or office-based communication system, Nextiva’s platform is able to house all your communication needs, from instant messaging to phone calls and video conferencing. Its call management features include recorded greetings, call flips, and it comes with extensive 24/7 email, chat, and phone support.
In addition to Nextiva’s core capabilities, other features worth mentioning are:
- Internet fax: Nextiva provides standard and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)-compliant internet fax services, accessible through multiple devices, such as computers and mobile devices. Connect Nextiva with your traditional fax machine using the Nextiva Fax Bridge device.
- Collaboration: Team collaboration and video features, including task management, team calendar, meeting scheduling, screen sharing, chat, and a directory, are part of Nextiva Cospace.
- Number porting: All Nextiva users may transfer their phone numbers from their current carrier to Nextiva at no cost. The process is handled by Nextiva and requires users to submit a completed Letter of Agency (LOA) form.
- Visual voicemail: Nextiva’s visual voicemail automatically routes calls to voicemail when unanswered. Easily customize your settings, receive voicemail messages through email, or record multiple greetings.
- Third-party app integrations: Maximize your existing tools with Nextiva’s platform to experience your software’s full potential. It integrates seamlessly with popular apps like MS Outlook, Google Contacts, Zendesk, NetSuite, and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Click on the features below to learn more about what Nextiva offers:
Improving your call center performance is more than having the right script or recorded greeting. Tracking call center key performance indicators (KPIs) is crucial to improving customer service. Nextiva Analytics is a powerful reporting and analysis tool that consolidates call data for visual presentation. View historical data and track real-time data in easy-to-read dashboards and customizable reports to gain insights on reducing costs or operating more efficiently.
Learn more about how this monitoring tool, called the NextOS, helps improve customer satisfaction and agent performance in our Nextiva Analytics article.
Nextiva offers you not just an internet phone; it’s a powerful business tool that helps you efficiently route, hold, divert, and block incoming calls. Use the auto-attendant feature to handle your front desk operations to reduce customer frustration, improve productivity, and increase issue resolution. If you have nationwide teams and clients, Nextiva’s unlimited domestic calling and toll-free minutes reduce your communication costs. Here are other Nextiva call features:
- Unlimited domestic calls
- Free local and toll-free numbers
- Toll-free minutes
- Simultaneous ring
- Shared call appearance
- private branch exchange (PBX)/session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking
- Call history
- Call log reports
- Auto and multi-level attendant
- Call pop
- Call forwarding
- Call recording
- Call waiting
- Do not disturb
- Music on hold
- Professional greetings
Improve productivity by using video communications to connect with customers and colleagues. Nextiva’s video conferencing features easily facilitates collaboration, optimizes remote staff attendance, and enable teams to share knowledge faster and more efficiently. Here are some of the key virtual meeting features offered by Nextiva:
- Unlimited HD video conferencing
- Video calling
- Video meetings
- Video conference recording
- Live screen sharing
- Simultaneous text-based chatting
- Multi-device support
- Speaker and participant mute
- File sharing
- Live streaming and webinars
Nextiva’s UC platform is designed to allow the greatest level of flexibility. Its extensive phone compatibility and mobile applications enable you to reach colleagues working in the field or remotely. According to Nextiva app reviews, the desktop app for Windows and Mac and iOS and Android applications are straightforward.
Productivity & Collaboration
Nextiva’s business software equips you with the functions you need to get more done from a single workspace. Create different rooms for specific projects or topics, message teammates directly, or broadcast in groups. Nextiva makes it easy to share and search documents and easily schedule meetings through integrated calendars and chat for quick coordination and response. Here are our favorite productivity features from Nextiva:
- Desktop SMS
- File sharing
- Team messaging
- Video meetings
- Integrated calendars
- Threaded conversations
- Notes on contacts and calls
- Contact management
- Google and Outlook integration
- Voicemail transcription
- Voicemail to SMS notifications
- Team presence and status
- Shared line appearance
- Busy lamp field
- Single sign-on
Nextiva integrates with 19 popular third-party applications, including Zoho, Salesforce, HubSpot, Zendesk, Google Workspace, and Oracle Sales Cloud. Nextiva seamlessly integrates with your CRM, sales, and productivity platforms, allowing you to sync data or click-to-call from browsers. These integrations make it easier for you to maximize your favorite business tools.
In addition to its business communications plans, Nextiva offers intelligent cloud contact center solutions with four paid plan tiers. Depending on your plan, tools include inbound and outbound calling, quality management services, and workforce and workflow optimization solutions. Contact Nextiva’s sales team for custom pricing to learn more.
Nextiva is a business phone system that handles both your inbound and outbound calls and offers advanced collaboration features, such as HD conferencing and automated call forwarding. Nextiva’s pricing plans are best for small businesses in the market for high-quality call management solutions. Users will get great value for money by choosing Nextiva’s all-in-one platform to accommodate their growing business needs.