Using expert press release writers saves time and increases your chances of getting media coverage. The best press release writing services also make it easy to create and publish your news to get the most exposure. We researched dozens of services to help you find the right option.
Based on our criteria, here are the best press release writing services for small businesses:
- Best press release writing service overall: Send2Press
- Best for mass distribution: eReleases
- Cheapest press release writers: Fiverr
- Ideal for bulk press release writing orders: CorpWriting
- All-in-one writing and distribution on a budget: IssueWire
- Best artificial intelligence (AI)-driven service: Marketers Media
- Best do-it-yourself (DIY) press release creator: Prowly
- Excellent subscription-based service for frequent submissions: Verblio
Best Press Release Writing Services at a Glance
*Depending on freelance professional selected and plan; e.g., Fiverr freelancer Seth Ramirez
Send2Press: Best Press Release Writing Service Overall
- The Send2Press website is difficult to navigate and outdated
- No multi-tier editorial process to ensure quality, unlike eReleases
- Businesses wanting expert writing and revisions by U.S.-based public relations professionals and authors
- Those seeking help improving press releases through professional revisions
- Companies with longer announcements of up to 800 words
Send2Press is a one-stop shop for writing, proofing, revisions, and distribution of press releases with more than four decades in the business. All articles are written by public relations (PR) professionals based in the U.S. and can be purchased separately or as an add-on with a distribution package. Releases can be up to 800 words in length, which is far higher than most services offer without your cost going up.
Send2Press also provides professional revision services for copy you write yourself. You can get one draft revision for $89 or two revisions of your draft for $169.
Having a PR expert review your copy improves your chances of landing media coverage, since they know what journalists are looking for. Revisions like these help to ensure proper press release formatting and that engaging and essential details stand out in your headlines and copy.
Both eReleases and Send2Press offer writing in combination with distribution but are priced higher than other services on this list. For the most affordable all-in-one solution, use IssueWire or hire a Fiverr writer who also offers distribution services. Alternatively, you can go the DIY route using Prowly’s press release generator and distribute your release yourself.
Send2Press Pricing & Feature Tiers
Send2Press offers full PR writing services for $199 per press release. Revisions and rewriting services start at $89 as add-ons for distribution plans.
Our Expert Opinion
Send2Press is a great option for small businesses wanting press release writing services as a standalone or along with distribution in a single solution. The company’s staff includes expert writers and authors, PR pros, and journalists who know how to get the attention of the press. Plus, those writing their own copy can get expert help refining and formatting article content before distributing news announcements.
eReleases: Best All-in-one Service for Maximum Distribution
- $300 add-on only (must also buy distribution package)
- Most expensive option on this list
- Video embed is an extra $200
- Small to midsize businesses that want the best chance of landing media coverage
- Businesses wanting to build brand awareness with press releases written by experienced PR experts
- Those wanting the guaranteed placements and distribution to the widest audience
- Small businesses looking to grow influence and brand presence through industry and location-specific targeting
eReleases is an all-in-one professional writing and distribution service for press releases. Writing is only offered as an add-on to distribution plans and is more expensive than standalone press release writing services. Because of the company’s massive database of media contacts, eReleases is best for those who want maximum reach, including guaranteed placements on media outlets and direct-to-journalist emails.
With eReleases, articles are not only expertly written, but are also widely distributed to a vast network of national as well as targeted journalists and media outlets. This includes newswire publications, industry-targeted lists, and direct email sends. This type of maximum exposure gives your news the best chance of getting noticed and picked up for additional media coverage.
On the fence as to whether or not you should hire a press release writer or write your own? To get an idea of what is involved and to decide if you’re up for the challenge, learn how to write a press release.
eReleases Pricing & Feature Tiers
eReleases only offers writing services as a $300 add-on to distribution, which starts at $399. Learn more about the best combination of writing and distribution in the tabs below.
Our Expert Opinion
eReleases is a high-quality, professional solution for small to midsize businesses that are serious about landing press but don’t yet have an in-house public relations team. Unlike more affordable options, eReleases press releases aren’t written by generalists or business writers, but public relations experts, giving your announcement a leg up.
Fiverr: Cheapest Press Release Writing Service
- No money-back guarantee
- Pricing varies by provider, so it can be challenging to find the one who is perfect for your business
- With so many options, finding the best freelance writer to work with can take time
- Budget-sensitive startups or small businesses that need super-cheap press releases
- Those that want to have direct communication with writers
- Business that prefer to hand-pick a press release writer
Fiverr is a freelance marketplace where you can find a wide range of ultra-affordable professional services, including press release writers for hire. In fact, it’s the cheapest press release writing service on our list, with prices starting at $5. However, you should expect to spend from $20 to $100 depending on factors like the quality you want, desired turnaround time, and the length of release you need.
Fiverr is also unique in that you can hand-select a writer and compare real user reviews to determine which offers the best service. Since most writing services don’t offer direct contact with writers, Fiverr is ideal for a business that wants to be more involved in the writing process.
In addition, many freelance press release writers have plans that include distribution. This makes Fiverr a good choice for those looking for a cheap all-in-one writing and distribution option, with pricing similar to IssueWire.
In Fiverr, you aren’t ensured of having your copy written by a PR pro as you are with Send2Press. Alternatively, if budget is your top concern, you can hire a press release writer on Fiverr at a low cost and send out your release using one of the best free press release distribution services.
Fiverr Pricing & Feature Tiers (Examples)
Since Fiverr is a service marketplace, each freelancer on the site has different prices and services included. For a better idea of what to expect, here are three sellers of various prices we recommend and the services they offer.
Our Expert Opinion
Fiverr is a great platform to find some of the best press release writers at super-competitive prices. However, since Fiverr is a freelancer marketplace, service pricing, packages, and quality vary widely from seller to seller. It’s the best choice for businesses on a tight budget that want the ability to hand-pick and work directly with a writer.
CorpWriting: Great Press Release Writer Service for Bulk Orders
- No direct contact with writers like you get with eReleases
- No distribution services
- Press release length is limited to 300 words
- Companies that want a professionally written press release by a writer with industry expertise
- Bulk orders and businesses wanting discounts for their orders
- Businesses on a tight deadline that need multiple releases written ASAP
- Small businesses looking to outsource writing services for multiple types of content (blogs, business plans, presentations, emails, and more)
CorpWriting’s press release writers specialize in writing announcements designed to reach audiences in similar or complementary fields. For example, if you are about to franchise a medical spa, you would want your copy to attract those interested in franchising. CorpWriting’s industry-specific writers make it a good option when your intended audiences are other companies or industry professionals.
In addition, CorpWriting offers writing services for many types of content, such as web copy, blog posts, white papers and case studies, business plans, presentations, and so on. This makes it a good option for startups and small businesses without sufficient in-house writing expertise and busy entrepreneurs who need an outsourcing option for various content types.
Unfortunately, there’s no option for distribution with CorpWriting. For this, turn to high-end companies with professional press release writers like eReleases or Send2Press, or have your press release written by CorpWriting and then use a press release distribution service like EIN Presswire to send it out.
CorpWriting Pricing & Feature Tiers
CorpWriting specializes in writing services in general, with plans starting at $315 for 10 press releases. For orders above 40 press releases, contact their sales team for big discounts.
Our Expert Opinion
CorpWriting is the best option for writing multiple press releases. It comes with discounts for large orders and a dedicated writer to maintain brand-focused content throughout your press releases. Plus, writing services are offered for various business content types. The downside is there are no distribution options, unlike Send2Press.
IssueWire: Most Affordable Writing & Distribution Combo
- No industry targeting, unlike eReleases
- Far fewer guaranteed placements with distribution, even in higher-tier plans
- No direct email send to editors or journalists
- Businesses wanting to embed multiple images and video into articles
- Those wanting to be sure press release copy is written for SEO
- Startups and entrepreneurs needing the cheapest options for writing and distributing press releases
IssueWire offers both writing and distribution like eReleases and Send2Press. The cost for standalone press release writing rivals those of the lowest-cost Fiverr freelancers, starting at $10 for 200 words and including multiple revisions. Like CorpWriting, writers include industry experts, and IssueWire promises your press release copy will be optimized for online search.
With five pricing tiers, IssueWire offers several options for business owners to subscribe to the plan that suits their press release service needs. Some notable features consistent in all tiers include professionally crafted press releases, search engine optimization (SEO) optimization for multiple keywords, full content ownership, up to five attached images at no additional cost, and a full detailed report after the release.
IssueWire Pricing & Feature Tiers
For as low as $10 for a 200-word press release, you can avail IssueWire’s full writing services either as standalone products or in addition to their distribution plans. IssueWire also offers free distribution for one press release and paid plans that start at $42.
Our Expert Opinion
You will be hard-pressed to find a more affordable all-in-one press release service than IssueWire. Writing and distributing a 700-word search-optimized article to 300-plus outlets with additional perks like up to five images, free video embedding, SEO mass ping, and social media posts will cost just $90. However, if you have the extra budget and want U.S.-based PR professionals to craft your press release, Send2Press is the best way to go.
Marketers Media: Best Artificial Intelligence (AI) Press Release Writer
- AI-generated content can be possibly flagged for plagiarism
- Not expertly written by actual PR professionals, like Send2Press or IssueWire
- Google prefers human-written content
- Less personalized results
- Businesses that plan to regularly publish press releases at a strict deadline
- Technical content that needs minimal personalization and can be communicated efficiently with AI
- Do-it-yourself press release writers who want to start with an outline or get ideas for their stories
- Businesses needing long-form press releases or can benefit from unlimited revisions
- Non-English press releases
Marketers Media (which tops our list of the best AI press release generators) was the first press release distribution company to release an AI-driven press release writing service. Instead of having a team of writers to craft compelling press releases for businesses, you can use AI to instantly create a press release online by typing in a little information about your story and business.
Marketers Media prides itself on laser-focused AI that is specifically developed for writing press releases. It uses data from millions of existing press releases to methodically create content that is optimized, engaging, and ranks the best on organic search. Once created, you can directly integrate it into Marketers Media Newswire to reach more than 580 media and news outlets.
The biggest advantages of using Marketers Media’s AI Press Release Generator are unlimited press releases, unlimited revisions, and unlimited word count with immediate results. Unfortunately, you do not get the same assurance as having PR professionals or experts to write your press releases.
At the same time, search engine algorithms are known to devalue AI-generated content, and an AI generator may not create compelling headlines or a unique angle for your story. So if you use an AI press release writer, plan to spend time editing the results to fine-tune your announcement for engagement, press release best practices, and unique content so it won’t get flagged for plagiarism.
Marketers Media Pricing & Feature Tiers
The AI Press Release Generator tool by Marketer Media starts with an introductory price of $99 a month, although the regular monthly rate is $199. You can integrate it with a distribution plan that starts at $180 per release. However, you can create three free press releases per day.
Our Expert Opinion
For technical businesses or brands that need a steady supply of press releases and rewritten drafts, subscribing to an AI press release generator may be the best option. Not only will you get unlimited revisions to get the results you want, but you can also write press releases for various business cases and lengths. See what you can do with Marketers Media AI generator for free.
Prowly: Best DIY Press Release Tool
- Press release creator can’t be used without a bundled plan
- No media outlet placements guaranteed, unlike eReleases
- Distribution is only by email and you have to build your own contact list
- Since it is a DIY writing tool, the elements can be created on the software but will still have to be written by you or a third-party service
- Businesses that can create some of the copy for press releases
- Creating visually appealing press releases
- Publicity teams who want to work together in creating press releases
- Small businesses that want to build relationships with journalists
Prowly is a Semrush-owned company. Unlike other press release writing services on this list, Prowly doesn’t offer copywriting services from press release writers. Instead, it provides a do-it-yourself (DIY) press release generator that produces high-quality, visually impactful press releases using your copy to ensure your announcement gets media attention.
For $293 a month, clients of Prowly can expect a broad range of services, including unlimited press releases built on the Press Release Creator. Plans also include access to the Media Base database with the contact info of over 1 million media contacts, press release analytics, an online newsroom, a press kit, and up to 3,000 emails per month.
Prowly can also help you build a media list with smart and automated recommendations from your content as well as the option to import an existing media list. However, keep in mind that as with any DIY solution, press release writing and distribution through Prowly takes more time than with an all-inclusive service like eReleases or a budget-friendly Fiverr freelancer. See what it takes to write a press release that will get picked up.
Pro tip: For broad and targeted distribution through EIN Presswire, check out our top pick for press release distribution services for $99.95.
Prowly Pricing & Feature Tiers
Prowly’s press release creator is an extra feature for their platform’s paid plans. Prices start at $293 per month, charged annually. Month-to-month billing comes at higher rates.
Our Expert Opinion
For businesses able to create some of the copy needed for a press release, Prowly’s Press Release Creator can be a solid addition to your PR efforts. Aside from helping you create interactive press releases with multiple media content, it’s a targeted email distribution service and provides stellar customer service and training for your team. Work individually or with a team in crafting unlimited visual press releases.
Verblio: Best Subscription-based Press Release Writing Service
- More expensive than CorpWriting or Fiverr
- No distribution services
- Content is priced per piece—it can get expensive quickly if your subscription includes multiple pieces of content per month, unlike CorpWriting and Marketers Media
- Startups and small businesses planning to publish a series of press releases over time
- Businesses looking for an affordable way to outsource a variety of writing projects
- Businesses looking to outsource content marketing, including press releases, blog posts, and web page copywriting and publishing
- Businesses that are looking for a marketplace-style service like Fiverr, but wants quality assurance
Verblio is an excellent option for small businesses and startups planning to publish press releases and other types of content as part of an ongoing PR and marketing plan. Like CorpWriting, there are writing services for many different types of businesses and integrations that can streamline your processes. For instance, WordPress and HubSpot integrations make adding content to your website and blog easy.
Unlike most other press release writing services, Verblio is a monthly subscription-based writing service where you subscribe based on the number and length of content pieces. For example, if you only need one 300-word piece every month, it will cost $43 per month. If you want three 300-word press releases a month, it will cost $129.
You can also save money by paying quarterly or annually, or purchasing add-ons to enhance your content. Search optimization is a $24 add-on, embedding an image will cost $12 more, while embedding a video will cost an additional $60.
Verblio Pricing & Feature Tiers
Verblio’s pricing is unique, as it depends on the number of pieces you need on a regular month-to-month basis. A quarterly commitment plan will slash 5% off your total amount due, while an annual commitment plan will give you a 10% discount.
Our Expert Opinion
Verblio is the best option for those wanting PR writing on an on-going basis. As with Fiverr, you have access to expert writers and only pay for the content you want. Like CorpWriting, you can also outsource many different writing projects to Verblio, making it a great option for startups and small operations that don’t have in-house writers or lack the time needed to write content.
How We Evaluated Press Release Writing Services
The best press release services do all the heavy lifting for you, from writing and editing your story to optimizing it for search and embedding images and videos. We analyzed dozens of leading options based on price (and value for price), writer quality, word count, and turnaround time. We also looked at features and inclusions like media, hyperlinks, expedited services, the number of revisions included, and satisfaction guarantees.
The specific criteria we used to determine which writing services are the best for small businesses include:
- Cost: Services should be offered at an affordable price for startups and small to midsize businesses.
- Word count: We looked at how many words are included and how adding more words impacts the price.
- Writer expertise: A poorly written story can hurt your brand, so we compared the expertise and experience of press release writers in each service.
- Turnaround time: We considered the standard delivery time for the first draft and if rush services are available. Since there are instances when you might be pressed for time, we also looked at whether the company has expedited options.
- Inclusion of media: We looked at what media can be added, like images and embedded video, and how many are included in the base price.
- Satisfaction guarantee: Outsourcing PR writing is an investment, so we considered which providers offer peace of mind and secure investment with some kind of satisfaction or money-back guarantee.
- Customer support: We searched for services that provide stellar customer service so that it’s easy to work with them throughout the entire writing process.
Key Considerations When Choosing a Press Release Writer
A good press release can make all the difference in a business’ marketing efforts. Learning how to choose the best press release writing service for your business involves understanding these key considerations:
Once you have determined what your business values the most, you can easily choose from any of the reputable press release writing services on this list.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to have someone write a press release?
Press release writing costs from $5 to $25 on the low end with a freelance press release writer from Fiverr to as much as $300 or more through a professional service. The additional expense could be worth it, however, as a professional press release writer is likely to be a media expert with a track record of landing national and local media coverage through press releases.
Where can I send press releases for free?
You can send press releases for free by building an email contact list of media outlets and journalists. Many accept press release pitches by direct email and web forms. You can also publish press releases for free on your website and share them on social media. Plus, there are free press release distribution services like PR Log (best for small businesses), PR.com (best for industry targeting), and NewswireToday.com (geared toward nonprofits).
Which is the cheapest & best press release distribution service?
Based on our comparison, EIN Presswire offers the strongest combination of the cheapest and best press release distribution services. While they don’t offer PR writing services, the cost to distribute a press release across the major newswires and outlets, target one industry, and have your release sent by email to their subscribers is $99.95.
Writing a press release that effectively engages your target audience is no joke. It requires a combination of concise writing and fact-sharing and an objective tone that doesn’t come naturally to everyone. Professional press release writing services and freelance press release writers let you offload the task of writing press releases so you can stay focused on running your business.
Businesses on a budget find that Fiverr offers high-quality services with unbeatable pricing, starting from $5. However, if you’re new to press releases and looking to secure media coverage along with expertly written content, the best investment is to choose a combination of writing and distribution services like Send2Press.