Sales gamification software converts sales metrics into game-like contests using prizes, badges, and leaderboards. The main purpose is to maximize individual or team performance through competition, recognition, or rewards. The best sales gamification tools enable team members to visualize how well they are performing, identify areas for improvement, and track and broadcast performance numbers to maximize the benefits of gamification.
Here is an overview of our picks for the best sales gamification software you can use to incentivize performance in your organization:
Top Sales Gamification Software Tools
Sales Gamification Tool
Visualizing sales competition progress
Sales managers who want coaching features within their gamification tools
Teams that want to monitor sales gamification results on a mobile device
Gamification software that integrates with CRMs built for small businesses
Customer service teams looking for an all-in-one gamification tool for support operations
Businesses that want to incentivize high performance with online rewards
Rewards-based gamification software that promotes peer-to-peer recognition
Sales teams wanting customer relationship management (CRM) software with built-in gamification features
Businesses that use Zoho CRM and want to leverage its built-in gamification features to create customized, variably weighted contests
Enterprise-level businesses that need highly customizable gamification solutions
Creating highly customized competitions in multiple formats
Larger sales teams that want leaderboard rankings broadcast for a variety of key performance indicators (KPIs)
*Pricing is based on annual billing
Best General Sales Gamification Software
The four sales gamification software products in this category are for general use by sales teams. They offer a broad range of features for visualizing competitions, monitoring sales performance, and team collaboration. Some even have features that allow sales managers to coach reps based on viewing their activity.
Your business can use Pointagram’s sales gamification software to create unique, visualized competitions and reward sales reps with badges for key performance indicator (KPI) achievements and completing quizzes. It will also deploy recurring surveys to gain feedback from reps about gamification techniques and the sales operation. Sales managers can set up multiple active competitions, create battles between reps, and design visual quests to further elevate performance.
Rather than merely posting performance numbers on a screen to track a sales competition, Pointagram displays progress using racing visualization. Each sales rep (or team) is represented as an icon such as a plane or car racing toward a finish line representing a sales activity goal. This makes Pointagram an excellent gamification tool for visualizing competitions.
Key Pointagram Features:
- Customer relationship manager (CRM) integrations with HubSpot and Pipedrive
- Visual competitions and badge progress can be broadcast on a TV or video screen
- Performance data and progress is presented through a unique visual tracker with custom icons representing each sales rep (or team) moving toward the finish line
LevelEleven includes basic sales gamification tools like broadcasted leaderboards, competitions, and milestone celebrations, in addition to unique features for coaching reps. For example, comprehensive coaching notes about an individual’s sales activity and scores can be provided to a manager to foster more effective sales training.
This platform is ideal for using sales gamification tools to coach reps because of the activity snapshots and one-click coaching sessions in the LevelEleven system. There are also coaching templates to help guide and document coaching discussion conversations.
Key LevelEleven Features:
- Ability to create coaching notes from the sales dashboard
- Executive scorecard feature makes comparisons among different sales teams and identifies areas that need improvement
- The what-if analysis tool predicts how certain activities impact performance
Spinify provides leaderboards for competitions and campaigns where teams can track progress and recognize members who are performing well in a contest. Leaderboards can be viewed via the web application, TV broadcast, and from the easy-to-use mobile application. Users can access the dashboard and receive notifications for performance and competitions on an Android, iPad, iPhone, and even Apple Watch devices.
Spinify’s mobile app stands out from the other tools on this list for its excellent usability, high-quality leaderboards (even on the mobile app), and individual performance tracking. This makes Spinify a great gamification option for teams needing a strong mobile app, such as work-from-anywhere distributed teams or outside sales teams whose members are often on the road.
Key Spinify Features:
- Leaderboards with goal, KPI, and competition tracking on web and mobile applications
- Tools for expressing and acknowledging achievements through words, emojis, GIFs, memes, and songs
- Performance scorecards for coaching by evaluating strengths and weaknesses based on metrics from sales activities
SalesScreen is a gamification tool that does everything from identifying potential issues in the sales pipeline to motivating teams through competitions and one-on-one coaching. This platform can also identify KPI trends for various sales roles to allow managers to personalize coaching discussions.
Integrating your CRM software with your sales gamification tools makes it easy to sync data across platforms to turn sales activities into a friendly competition. SalesScreen integrates with CRMs typically more popular among small businesses, like Salesforce, Pipedrive, Zoho CRM, SugarCRM, and HubSpot. This makes it especially appealing to small businesses already using these CRM systems.
Key SalesScreen Features:
- Integration with popular small business CRMs
- Customizable competitions can be created between individual reps, teams, or territories
- Gamification features help identify bottlenecks in the sales process for coaching opportunities or resource allocation
Best Sales Gamification Software for Customer Service Teams
Unique on our list of the best sales gamification software is Playvox. Specifically for customer service teams, this gamification platform has features for increasing team cohesion through the use of a Community Wall feed and coaching tools to track progress and evaluate areas of improvement. It also has learning solutions to connect team member performance with a customizable learning path to heighten their customer service skill set.
Because Playvox’s KPI leaderboards, learning tools, and coaching features are designed for a customer support operation or contact center, this software is best for customer service teams as opposed to outbound sales teams. Customer service quality can be measured and presented using leaderboard rankings or individual performance profiles.
Key Playvox Features:
- Community Wall feed where team members can exchange ideas, post questions, and recognize peers for performance
- Coaching tools for tracking individual progress, completed targets, and improvement of sales reps
- Customer service KPI leaderboards on personalized dashboards
Best Reward-based Sales Gamification Software
The following software products focus more on the reward distribution aspect of sales gamification. They include catalogs of digital gift cards and donation opportunities that can be issued to high-performing employees as well as badges that can be given out for achievements.
6. Tango Card
Tango Card motivates sales teams with prizes by providing reward-based performance incentives in the form of online digital rewards. The rewards catalog includes gift cards to hundreds of popular companies, donations to a wide range of charities, and prepaid Visa or Mastercard gift cards.
Tango Card is an excellent tool for incentivizing performance due to the high quantity of reward options available. Regardless of whether a sales team member wants their reward to be a gift card, prepaid card, or donation, there are plenty of prize options to choose from.
Key Tango Card Features:
- Easy-to-use catalog for employees to browse rewards options
- Digital rewards can be sent and received through email
- Rewards tracking dashboard to monitor individual rewards pending and sent rewards
WooBoard incorporates recognition, rewards, and mental health into a single platform that “helps employees be more mindful, happier & more engaged at work.” Badges and achievements are recognized in the form of “Woos” on the team’s news feed. Managers then have the option of awarding points to employees that can be used for online gift cards.
WooBoard is a good fit for businesses that want to promote a positive culture of employee engagement through peer-to-peer recognition. Rather than only managers acknowledging great performance, other employees can also show their support of sales achievements toward others by creating a “Woo” on the news feed.
Key WooBoard Features:
- News feed, leaderboards, and badges features for daily employee recognition
- Digital rewards can be given as online gift cards
- Built-in employee mindfulness and check-in tools
Best CRM-incorporated Sales Gamification Software
While many of the sales gamification software on this list integrate with customer relationship management (CRM) software, the options in this category are either CRM platforms that offer gamification tools or software native to a CRM provider. These platforms enable you to seamlessly manage sales gamification within your CRM system.
CRM.me is cloud-based CRM software that has built-in sales gamification features as well as sales, marketing, and project management tools. Using this product, managers can gamify sales performance with badges, leaderboards, and reward incentives. There are also features for team collaboration through internal discussion boards.
Due to the fact that CRM.me is a CRM product with sales tools for contact management, deal tracking, and engaging leads, it is best for businesses looking to invest in a CRM that offers gamification within its system. Similar to other CRMs, you can use CRM.me to design and deploy marketing campaigns, manage project tasks, and integrate with popular applications like Zapier, Microsoft Exchange, and Google Workspace.
Key CRM.me Features:
- Sales performance can be viewed as ranking or individual profile
- Rewards can be given as gift cards, tickets, vacations, or cash prizes
- Internal discussion boards for team collaboration
Gamescope is native Zoho software where gamification features are built into the Zoho CRM product. The gamification point system is highly customizable so you can weigh points higher to measure the performance metrics that are most relevant or critical compared to others. Users can challenge each other to friendly sales competitions and leaderboards can be viewed and broadcast on a TV.
Because Gamescope’s gamification features are included in Zoho’s CRM system, it’s ideal for businesses already using Zoho CRM. Gamescope has a similar interface and the same operating feel to Zoho CRM, giving users a Zoho system compatibility and ease of use you won’t get with other gamification tools.
Key Gamescope Features:
- Highly customizable including the ability to give critical KPIs more weight
- Team members can challenge others in direct one-to-one or multi-member competitions
- TV broadcasting to display leaderboards, competitive game results, and KPIs
- Customizable, point-based sales gamification system for awarding badges and trophies
Best Enterprise-level Sales Gamification Software
The sales gamification software tools in this category are highly customizable and have features designed to benefit larger teams. They offer large-scale broadcasting of sales leaderboards, performance analytics, and integrate with CRMs well-suited for enterprise businesses.
The Funifier platform takes a high-level strategy for sales gamification and turns it into an on-premise, cloud-based, or hybrid gamification software solution. Businesses can set sales goals, monitor KPIs, and receive analytics on performance within their personalized gamification software.
Because of the customization requirements needed to design a Funifier system along with the wide range of integrations using application programming interface (API), Funifier is better for larger, enterprise sales teams than smaller businesses. Each gamification solution is flexible and designed based on the needs of the business purchasing the software.
Key Funifier Features:
- Customizable gamification tools for both business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) companies as well as personalized contests for both individuals and teams
- Competitions and leaderboards can be created based on any KPI metric
- CRM integrations with Zoho CRM, Zendesk, Salesforce, HubSpot, and Pipedrive
Hoopla offers an all-in-one gamification tool with performance leaderboards, multi-style contests, performance news flashes, and TV streaming capabilities. Through integrations with CRMs and spreadsheet software, users can also pull data to find trends automatically through Hoopla. Milestone badges can also be used to motivate reps to set and achieve their sales goals.
Hoopla is ideal for designing custom competitions primarily due to the options available. Sales managers can choose multiple competition scopes, including one-on-one, multi-member, and team vs team competition, using a variety of KPI goals. The competition formats can be a versus-style or even a bracket-style with elimination rules.
Key Hoopla Features:
- Live dashboards updated in real-time with individual and team performance metrics as well as member rankings and news flashes for important events
- CRM integrations with Zendesk, HubSpot, Pipedrive, Salesforce, and Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Sales contest capabilities for multiple contents types, including one-on-one battles, tournament-style using brackets, and sales races
12. Hurrah! Leaderboards
Hurrah! Leaderboards is broadcasting software that takes sales metrics data of individual reps and presents it on a leaderboard viewable to everyone. In addition to the leaderboard rankings, this platform creates countdowns to begin sales campaigns and notify employees of milestones and accomplishments. There are also features for progress tracking toward individual and team goals.
Larger teams, in particular, benefit from the functionality of Hurrah! Leaderboards as a tool that presents a myriad of key performance indicators (KPI) in ranking formats. There are also milestone celebrations that foster a positive company culture of promoting a goal-oriented environment using praise and recognition.
Key Hurrah! Leaderboards Features:
- Viewing capabilities of sales leaderboards for KPIs like deals closed, revenue generated, and calls placed on both on-premise and remote leaderboards
- CRM integrations with Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics
- Single or multi-metric leaderboards with countdowns, news flashes, and milestone celebrations
Benefits of Using Sales Gamification Software
In the realm of sales management, sales gamification software increases team and individual performance through an array of motivation tactics. Motivation could be sparked by rewards, recognition, or friendly competitions to keep people excited about hitting goals and maximizing KPIs—ultimately resulting in higher sales for your business.
Here are some of the main business benefits of using sales gamification tools:
- Recognizing great performance by broadcasting leaderboards: By notifying an entire organization of sales success or high performance in a particular competition, reps can put in the effort needed to stand out from their peers and be assured that their efforts will be recognized.
- Managing online rewards programs to incentivize hitting goals: Gamification tools make it easy to manage prizes by giving recipients the option to choose their own reward based on accumulated points or as a result of winning a competition, and to track your company’s prize rewarding activity.
- Holding individual reps accountable for performance: Thanks to the broadcasting capabilities and sales dashboards included in gamification tools, reps can be held accountable for not hitting their KPIs and goals. This is especially useful when the gamification tool offers insights on the completion of relevant activities such as calls placed, sales presentations conducted, or proposals sent.
- Improving performance through coaching: Sales gamification software that pinpoints specific areas for improvement or skill deficits gives sales managers the ability to offer specific tips, coaching, and learning resources to help individuals improve their skill sets.
Depending on your gamification preferences, a variety of sales gamification tools can be used to monitor, recognize, and reward reps for individual and team performance. Along with other sales management tools, sales gamification software can be used to present sales metric information and motivate team members to continually improve, ultimately resulting in more leads, conversions, and sales.