Wells Fargo Business Elite SignatureCard®
Businesses with over $1 million in annual sales
- Get a one-time $1,000 cash back bonus or 100,000 bonus points when you enroll in the Business Elite Card Rewards Program and spend $15,000 in the first three months of account open date; $75 annual rewards program fee waived for the first year
- Earn 1.5% cash back on every $1 spent
- No foreign transaction fee
- Up to 200 employee cards
- Bill payment options
- Online Business reporting tool
- $0 additional card fee
- A large introductory bonus offer
- Low ongoing APR
- Up to 200 free employee cards
- Low ongoing rewards
- Offers no bonus category rewards
- Cannot apply online
- Spending controls: Set transaction limits, time limits, and spending category restrictions on any employee card.
- Business Elite Online Reporting: Convenientiently Review and track business analytics and spending habits.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Receive coverage for stolen or damaged rental vehicles, when you waive the rental car merchant’s insurance, up to the cash value of the vehicle.
- Purchase Security: Get items repaired or replaced that were damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase, or get reimbursed for the value of the item, up to $10,00 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Visa will double the length of warranty protection offered by the manufacturer, up to one year, for warranties three years or less.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance: The cardholders, their spouse, and dependents get free access to emergency, medical, travel, and legal assistance 24 hours a day.
The Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card® is an excellent cash back rewards card with no required spending categories. It is best for business owners who need up to 200 employee cards for free. This small business credit card offers several additional features like spending controls, dedicated customer service, and online reporting tools.
Who Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card® Is Best For
- Owners who want fixed rewards for all purchases: Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card® does not require spending categories or caps for its rewards. It offers fixed-rate rewards points or cash back on all business-related purchases.
- Owners who need up to 200 free employee credit cards: Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card® offers up to 200 employee credit cards for free, making it a great choice for businesses that cannot qualify for or do not want a corporate credit card.
How We Evaluate Cash Back Business Credit Cards
When grading cash back business credit cards like the Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card®, we give the biggest weight to the card’s ongoing rewards. We also weigh the introductory rewards heavily and consider the card’s annual fee, features, and introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs).
Highest Possible Score
Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card® Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: Prime rate plus 3.99%
- Annual fee: $125, waived the first year
- Balance transfer fee: Varies per account
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: 4%, or $10, whichever is greater; cash advance APR is the prime rate plus 20.74%
Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card® Rewards
- Earn 1.5% cash back for every $1 spent on all net purchases, or
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on net purchases, and receive 5,000 bonus points when your company spend reaches $10,000 in any monthly billing period
Welcome offer: Get a $1,000 cash back bonus or 100,000 bonus points if you spend $25,000 in net purchases in the first three months from account opening
With Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card®, you can choose to earn cash back or rewards points. You can receive your cash back automatically as a credit to your statement or eligible checking or savings account each quarter. If you choose to earn rewards points, you can redeem these points for gift cards, merchandise, airline tickets, and more.
When you redeem your points online, you will get a 10% point credit. You can also earn extra bonus points or discounts if you choose to redeem from Earn More Mall® retailers. It’s important to note that when you redeem points for airline tickets, there is a $24 redemption fee.
Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card® Features
Wells Fargo allows you to set spending controls on your employee credit cards. The available controls include transaction limits, which set specific dollar limits on purchases; time limits to limit employee spending to business hours only; and category limits that restrict employees to purchases in specific categories only. You may set the spending controls upon card application or at any time by contacting Wells Fargo Business Signature Elite Card® customer service at 800-231-5511.
Business Elite Online Reporting
This online tool allows you to view and analyze transactions that allow you to identify spending patterns to help manage your business expenses. It allows you to filter transactions by date, cardholder name, or amount, and export the report to various accounting software.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
When you rent a car using your Wells Fargo business credit card, you’re covered in case of accident, vandalism, or theft within 31 consecutive days or less. Coverage is primary if the vehicle rental is for business purposes, which means you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept the insurance offered by the rental agency. You may be reimbursed for up to the cash value of the vehicle. Eligible vehicles include both economy and luxury automobiles, vans that seat eight or fewer people, and SUVs when driven on-road only. Trucks, cargo vans, and other expensive vehicles are not covered.
Visa Purchase Security
Visa may repair, replace, or reimburse you for items purchased with your credit card that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Eligible purchases made entirely using your Visa Business card are covered by purchase security up to $10,000 per item, maximum of $50,000 per year. Animals, living plants, collectibles, motorized vehicles, computer software, jewelry, and items for resale are not included in the coverage.
Visa Extended Warranty Protection
Visa will double the original manufacturer’s warranty up to one additional year on warranties of three years or less, up to a maximum of $10,000 per claim. To be eligible for this protection, the purchase should be made using your Wells Fargo Business Signature Elite Card®. Some items are not included in the coverage like motorized vehicles, real estate, medical equipment, computer software, items for resale, and preowned items.
Travel and Emergency Assistance
Visa provides travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance 24 hours a day to the cardholder, their spouse, and dependent children 22 years of age or younger. You can call the number for free; however, you will be responsible for the cost of any assistance. You can request help by calling 800-992-6029 in the United States or call one of Visa’s toll-free numbers when traveling internationally.
Wells Fargo Design Studio
You can customize the design of your Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card® by uploading an image to its online studio. The image could include your business logo, storefront, product line image, or any other image that represents your business.
Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card® Alternatives
Capital One® Spark Miles® for Business
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Unlimited 2x miles with every swipe
- Introductory reward worth $500 in travel after you spend $4,500 within the first three months
- 2x miles per $1 spent
- 5x miles on hotel and rental car bookings through the issuer
- Issue employee cards for free
- No foreign transaction fees
- TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry application fee credit
- You’ll pay an annual fee after the first year
- Doesn’t offer interest-free financing
- Airport security screening reimbursement: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every four years.
- Purchase assurance: Most purchases made entirely with your card are covered if damaged or stolen within 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder account per 12 month period.
- Extended warranty coverage: Doubles the original warranty time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum of 12 months on most items you purchase.
- Travel medical emergency assitance: Provide referrals to medical services if you have a medical emergency while traveling. You’re covered if you’re 100 or more miles away from home and from the day you leave until midnight of the 60th day of your trip, or the day you return to your city of residence, whichever is sooner.
American Express Business Platinum®
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Earn 85,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card plus earn 5x points on eligible purchases in 5 select business categories, up to 80,000 bonus points per category, all within the first 3 months of Card Membership.† Terms Apply.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to over 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than one dozen U.S. airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every four years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4½ years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
Chase Ink Business Cash®
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
- Earn $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
- Earn 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- No Annual Fee
- Top rewards for office supply spending
- Introductory APR on purchases
- Cash sign-up bonus
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- High balance transfer fee of 5%
- Designed mainly for office-oriented companies
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less.
The Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card® is best for business owners who want to earn fixed-rate cash back or rewards points for all business-related purchases. It offers up to 200 free additional employee cards. Check out other business credit cards that may be a better fit for you.