What We Recommend Payline Data For
After spending years reviewing merchant services, I can say Payline Data offers notable features that make it a good fit for many small and large businesses. It is one of our top picks for best virtual terminals for small businesses.
In particular, Payline Data is best for:
- Medical offices: Healthcare businesses get HIPAA compliant payment processing at a special rate with its Payline Medical offering.
- Low-risk businesses needing a virtual terminal: Accept and process card-not-present transactions via card, ACH, and invoice with Payline Data. It offers affordable pricing for growing businesses.
When Payline Data Would Not Be a Good Fit
Payline Data isn’t the best fit for every business—those who process international sales or have very low sales volume, for example, might consider a different provider.
- Businesses wanting no monthly fee: With other merchant services providers offering comparable solutions without monthly fees, some businesses may be put off by the extra overhead. If you want a free merchant account, consider Square, PayPal, or Helcim.
- Merchants who sell internationally: Payline Data is not available for merchants outside the US. Instead, consider Helcim, PaymentCloud, or PayPal.
- Businesses with very low sales volume: Payline Data’s monthly fees and $25 processing minimum might not make sense for merchants with a very low sales volume or only occasional sales. Instead, consider Square or PayPal, which have credit card payment apps with no monthly fees or minimums.
- High risk businesses: Payline Data no longer approves high-risk merchants. If you need a specialized high risk merchant account, consider Payline’s sister company SMB Global, or PaymentCloud, which is our top-recommended high-risk account provider.
Payline Data Overview
|Transparent pricing||Monthly subscription fee|
|No long-term contract or early termination fees||Minimum processing requirement|
|Excellent customer service||Lacks business management tools|
|200+ ecommerce integrations|
Payline Data Pricing
Mostly card-present transactions
Mostly card-not-present transactions
Nonprofit and educational businesses
Interchange + 0.2% + 10¢
Interchange + 0.4% + 20¢
Interchange + 0.1% + 10¢
Interchange + 0.2% + 10¢
Monthly Processing Volume Minimum
Payline Data Alternatives and Fees Comparison
Wholesale interchange rates
New and small businesses
Online checkout and occasional sales
starts at $99/month
starts at $0/month
starts at $0/month
Card-present transaction fee
Interchange + 8¢
2.6% + 10¢
Keyed transaction fee
Interchange + 15¢
3.5% + 15¢
3.5% + fixed fee
Ecommerce transaction fee
Interchange + 15¢
2.9% + 30¢
starts at 3.4% + 30¢
Looking for the lowest rates? The payment processing rates you will pay can vary based on your business’s size, type, and average order value. To find the most affordable option and compare multiple processing rates, read our guide on the cheapest credit card processing.
Payline Data Features
- Mobile payment processing: Accept payments from anywhere with Android- and iOS-compatible mobile POS software and card reader.
- Ecommerce integrations: Payline Data’s payment processor integrates with over 200 online shopping carts.
- Payline gateway: Accept debit, credit, and other electronic payments online with Payline Data’s secure gateway payment processor.
- Virtual terminal: Accept payments from phone orders or invoices by inputting manually into a virtual terminal.
- Fraud protection: Keep payments secure with CVV and address verification and a fraud protection tool that screens transactions for suspicious activity.
- Chargeback prevention: Payline Data uses Verifi’s Cardholder Dispute Resolution Network to provide up-to-date dispute data and comprehensive coverage.
- Payment types: You can bill customers with recurring payments or invoices, as well as accept card-not-present (CNP) payments and in-person mobile and chip, swipe, or tap card payments. Payline Data also offers electronic ACH payment processing.
- Payline Medical: Payline Medical is a HIPAA-compliant payment processing product created exclusively for healthcare businesses and offered at a special medical rate.
- Nonprofit rates: Nonprofit businesses qualify for a reduced rate and hosted payments page.
- Business loans: Payline can help businesses apply for up to $1 million to use for business operations or growth with a small business loan from Lendio. They respond to applications within 24 hours.
Payline Data Hardware
Payline Data offers users a few options from Ingenico and Clover when it comes to hardware. Options include mobile readers and terminals, as well as countertop readers. Both Ingenico and Clover accept most forms of electronic payment and run on the Tellum 2 operating system.
Payline Data Ease of Use
You can accept payments, send receipts, issue refunds, schedule billing, view reports, and more from anywhere with a mobile POS system. Payline Data provides mobile-friendly POS software as well as the option to integrate with existing POS systems. Hardware device offerings have chip, swipe, and tap capabilities. You can choose from both mobile retail terminals and mobile readers.
Payline Data offers hundreds of shopping cart, POS, and accounting software integrations for you to customize a solution that works best with your needs. The QuickBooks integration allows you to check out real-time financial information and automate accounting tasks. Payline’s secure gateway payment processor integrates with more than 200 online shopping carts, so you can easily accept payments online without impacting the customer experience.
Payline Data Customer Support
Payline Data has a customer support team available via email or phone. Phone support is available Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Central time. You can also review the FAQs to troubleshoot on your own and check the gateway service status page if you’re having trouble processing payments. Payline Data also has a YouTube channel and a blog where you can search for and discover helpful resources and information about merchant services.
What Users Think of Payline Data
While there aren’t many reviews available online, most users have given Payline Data a five-star rating and value its excellent customer service and fair processing fees.
- Capterra: Four reviewers from Capterra give Payline Data 5 out of 5 stars.
- G2: Payline Data earns a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, based on six user reviews.
Payline Data is a subscription-based merchant services provider offering payment processing with a transparent pricing model that works well for both small and large businesses. There are features for in-person and online transactions, and Payline Data offers POS, mobile readers, and other payment processing hardware. Other features include virtual terminal, fraud protection, and chargeback prevention. Payline Data also has small business loans and exclusive merchant services solutions for nonprofit, medical, and high-risk businesses.
Payline Data offers a free one-month trial—you can schedule a call with someone from its sales department or apply online for same-day approval.