Google Ads are a proven marketing strategy where the more you invest, the more you get in return. With fierce competition driving up cost-per-clicks (CPCs), your ad spend can quickly get eaten up. Whether you’re new to Google Ads and want to test it out before diving into a larger budget, or you’re a longtime user, there are a lot of ways to get free Google Ads promo codes. However, we’ll show you the legit ways for getting hundreds—even thousands—in free credits for your advertising.
1. Check With Providers You’re Already Using
It’s not uncommon for providers to offer free Google Ads credits and promo codes as part of plans and packages, so odds are, you already have credits available to you. For example, if your site is built with WordPress, then you’re using a web hosting service, and the best web hosts often include free ads credits. Not using WordPress? No problem. The top all-in-one site builders like Squarespace and Wix also come with free Google Ads credits.
Here are the different providers that you’re likely using that offer a free Google Ads promo code:
- Web hosts: It’s not uncommon for web hosting companies to offer Google Ads promo codes and coupons to its customers. For example, one of the most popular—and most affordable—web hosts, Bluehost, offers a free $100 Google Ads credit to new users.
- Site builders: If you opted for a site builder instead of WordPress, and therefore don’t need web hosting, you can still get free ad money with providers such as Squarespace, Wix, and Weebly, all of which include a $100 Google Ads credit with premium plans.
- Business tools and software: In addition to the above, you might also be using a product or tool that offers its customers a free Google Ads promo code. For example, Divvy is a business card and expense management platform that offers users $150 in Google Ads credits (on top of a lot of other money-saving extras).
It’s worth taking the time to check with the providers you’re already using to find all of the available free ads coupons and credits that you already have access to. The best places to start will be your website providers, but other business and marketing tools and platforms also may come with free credits.
2. Search Coupon Sites
Coupon aggregate sites can be a good way to find Google Ads promo codes. One of the best sources is CouponFollow. What’s unique about it is that unlike other major and more well-known coupon sites, its results are primarily direct from Google rather than various third-party companies. If you’re not new to Google Ads, try sites like RetailMeNot and Coupons.com to find promo codes for existing users.
Here are a few of the best coupon sites to find Google Ads promo codes:
It’s worth periodically checking these sites for promo codes, especially around holidays as it’s fairly common for promo codes to be available on a short-term basis during holidays and special events.
3. Claim Codes Directly From Google
Last, but surely not least, Google. Going directly to the source is one of the best ways to get promo codes and free advertising credits. Not only does Google offer new users free ad credits to help them get started, but it also offers free ads credits periodically to existing users. This includes special programs, such as free credits to nonprofits and the $340 million in free Google Ads for small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) as a form of COVID relief.
Here are a few of the most popular programs from Google Ads that offer free ad money:
- New and returning user incentives: If you’re new to Google Ads, or haven’t advertised in a while, Google will give you $100 in ad credit after you spend $25 to help you get started. Check your Google Ads account to see if you have any available ad credits and incentives directly from Google.
- COVID relief for SMBs: Google is giving existing SMB advertisers up to $1,000 in free ad credit. To qualify, you must have actively been using Google Ads for 10 out of 12 months in the last year. There’s no application process—Google will simply allocate it to those who qualify. Learn more about the COVID-19 Google Ad Credits program.
- Google Ad Grants for nonprofits: Google wants to help those on a mission to help others, so it has a grant program for registered nonprofits. Learn more about Google Ad Grants to see if you qualify and how you can advertise for free on Google.
Visit Google online to check current promo codes and to learn more about its special programs for nonprofit organizations and SMBs.
Additional Ways to Get More Out of Your Ad Spend
It’s not just about getting free Google Ads promo codes. Ultimately, you want to maximize your ad spend so that it goes further and sees a higher return on advertising spend (ROAS). Help your budget go further by using negative keywords and high-quality landing pages that convert, optimizing ads, and using a professional ad management service. Additionally, consider using other paid search platforms, such as Microsoft Ads (formerly Bing Ads) or paid social, such as Facebook Ads.
Here are a few other ways to help you get more out of your ad spend (and increase ROAS):
- Use negative keywords: Businesses waste a ton of ad spend on irrelevant keywords. Avoid this by reviewing keywords to see when your ad displays, and adding any irrelevant or low-quality keywords to your negative keywords list.
- Use quality landing pages: It’s one thing to get clicks, but getting conversions is another whole thing. Don’t waste money on clicks that link to pages that don’t effectively convert. Instead, invest in great landing pages to help increase your return on investment (ROI). If you’re not sure how to do this, try the leading landing page builder platform, Leadpages.
- Optimize ads: Advertisers that get the most out of their Google Ads budget are those that continuously work to optimize and improve their ads. By fine-tuning your campaigns, you can actually decrease your CPCs, which helps you get more clicks for your budget and a higher return on your campaigns.
- Get a higher ROI with ad management: If you’re not a Google Ads expert, it might be worth outsourcing to those who are. Professional ad management will help your campaigns reach your advertising goals. What’s more is that professional management doesn’t need to come at a high price. Instead, maximize your budget with Hibu.
- Try other paid search platforms: Google Ads isn’t the only paid search platform, and for many it’s also not the cheapest. Consider diversifying and using Microsoft Ads to help your ad spend go further. It also offers new users a $100 ad credit after spending $25.
- Try paid social ads: Stretch your advertising budget further by using paid social ads, such as Facebook Ads. Average CPCs tend to be lower than Google Ads, and it gives you the unique opportunity to reach very specific audiences using advanced targeting options. Get more information on Facebook advertising costs.
If you’re already doing a lot of these things, or if these things feel like a lot of work, it might be time to leave your Google Ads to the pros. Using a professional ad management service, such as Hibu, lets you get back to business while giving you the peace of mind that your ads are top-notch and getting a higher return on ad spend. Talk about a win-win.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I use Google to advertise my business?
Businesses use Google to advertise their business because it provides an affordable way to gain visibility online and increase sales. It gives you the chance to rank at the top of search results for a specific search term in case you wouldn’t rank organically. Get the step-by-step instructions on how to advertise on Google.
How much does Google advertising cost?
The cost of advertising on Google varies by a number of factors. Pay-per-click (PPC) works like how it sounds—you only pay for the clicks your ad receives and not by the number of times your ad shows. This fee is called your cost-per-click (or CPC). CPCs vary from as little as less than 20 cents to more than $30 per click. However, the average CPC is just under $3. Get industry-specific cost information and learn more about how much Google advertising costs.
Does Google Ads require a lot of time to manage?
Every Google AdWords user spends widely varying amounts of time managing their account. Businesses that are restricted on time would benefit from using a PPC advertising service, which professionally builds and manages your account on your behalf. Fiverr is a great option for affordable tasks such as building new accounts or making optimizations.
There are a number of ways to find free Google Ads promo codes and ad credits. Find the best promo code for you by starting with our top five ways to find a free AdWords promo code. Remember that each promo code is a different offer with varying amounts of free ad credit and eligibility requirements.