Facebook ads are a marketing tool that can help businesses reach new customers online by targeting things like interests and location. Facebook ad management services are third-party companies that create more effective ads and maximize your ad spend. We compared the top Facebook ad management companies to find you the six best for small businesses.
Top 6 Best Facebook Ad Management Services for 2018
|Hibu||(Best overall) Small businesses looking for automated Facebook ad management services without management fees.|
|Fiverr||Businesses wanting freelancers for one-off Facebook advertising tasks at affordable rates.|
|Bytes||Brick-and-mortar businesses looking to use Facebook Ads to reach their local community.|
|Stradegy||Service-based businesses looking to use Facebook Ads to advertise locally.|
|Lyfe Marketing||Ecommerce and online-based businesses seeking ongoing Facebook ad management.|
|Marketing 360||Businesses managing Facebook ads in-house wanting a SaaS platform to manage ads.|
How We Evaluated Facebook Ad Management Services
Facebook ad management services professionally build, design, manage and optimize paid social accounts for businesses, allowing businesses to utilize effective social advertising without requiring any in-house expertise or time. The best Facebook ad management services help businesses net a return while making their life easier with top-level performance, competitive pricing, quality support, and additional marketing services at your disposal.
Based on the needs of small businesses, the criteria we used to evaluate the best include:
- Pricing – We sought affordable services that provide great value.
- Contracts & Terms – Ease of entry (and exit) with low required minimum ad spends, low to no setup fees, affordable fees, and no long-term contracts.
- Performance – Our top picks are highly rated by reviewers for meeting client’s expectations and goals.
- Account Creation & Management – We chose services that will get your ads up and running quickly with ongoing management service options.
- Customer Service & Support – It’s important that they’re there when you need them, so our top picks answer the phone when you call and are happy to help.
- Add-On Services – There are many components to successful Facebook advertising such as image and video creation, effective landing page design, or how online reviews are managed. Therefore, we considered services offered in addition to ad management.
Sixty-two percent of all small business owners fail with Facebook ads. Even though it’s still PPC, it works a lot differently, and the type of ads that you create are very different from standard Google Ads. Therefore, an experienced agency helps you generate revenue and run successful campaigns.
– JP Wallhorn, Founder & CEO, Syntx
After measuring up the laundry list of Facebook ad management services, the one that comes out on top as our overall best Facebook ad management service for small businesses is Hibu. They are a top-rated Facebook ad management company that doesn’t overlook small businesses, with affordable management fees and a high-level of performance.
Best Overall Facebook Ad Management Service: Hibu
Hibu is a full-service digital marketing agency offering professional Facebook ad management services. Hibu has a low required ad spend and they do not charge a management fee due to their automated systems and affiliate partnership with Google. They’re also rated as our overall best Facebook agency for small business given their experience, affordability, and end-to-end marketing services for businesses without the budget for management fees.
Hibu requires a lower than industry average minimum budget of just $250 per month. Thanks to their automated systems and affiliate partnerships, there are no management fees and no setup fees, making them the most inexpensive option. They also offer other social advertising services, such as Instagram and Twitter for budgets over $500 per month.
Hibu pricing at a glance:
- Fees – Hibu collects a portion of the cost of a clicked ad, which is how they are able to offer their service with no management or setup fees. They make money only when your ads perform.
- Required Ad Spend – $250 per month.
- Contract – 12-month contract for ad spends under $500, and six months for ad spends over $500.
Hibu’s dedicated digital specialists will help you build and strategically optimize your Facebook ads to gain impression share and meet your advertising goals. Hibu, being a full-service digital marketing agency, offers marketing services in addition to Facebook ads management, such as display marketing and review management that can further aid in the overall effectiveness of ad spend at no additional cost.
With Hibu, your business will have a dedicated digital specialist who is a Facebook advertising expert to help ensure the success of your Facebook advertising spend. After new accounts are built, they will then be monitored and optimized to maximize your ad spend and reach your goals.
Account Creation & Management
As with every service on our list, Hibu does the heavy lifting, so you don’t need any Facebook advertising experience or knowledge to get started. Hibu begins by getting to know your business during an onboarding call, as well as your target market and your Facebook advertising goals, before building out your account and creating campaigns. Accounts are then monitored, analyzed, and optimized for ongoing strategic adjustments to better use ad spend.
Customer Service & Support
Hibu is always within easy reach—via phone, live chat or email. You will have direct access to your dedicated digital specialist, but their customer support is also readily available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST, and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
Hibu is a full-suite digital marketing agency, offering services beyond Facebook ad management such as:
- Paid Search Management – Many companies that use social pay-per-click, such as Facebook, also use paid search platforms such as Google Ads and Bing Ads.
- Online Review Management – Building a positive brand image through reviews builds confidence in potential customers, leading to more customers, and is a service not offered by the other agencies we compared.
- Web Design & Development – A good site is a must-have for any business advertising online. Websites are often a deciding factor in a user’s buying decision.
What Hibu Is Missing
Hibu maintains a narrow focus on social advertising, making them experts on Facebook, as well as Instagram and Twitter. While those are the top social advertising platforms, businesses that may also have an interest in advertising on other social channels, such as LinkedIn or Snapchat, would not currently be able to do so through Hibu, and should consider an alternative like Marketing 360.
What Users Think About Hibu
Hibu currently has an average four-star rating across a number of review sites from hundreds of users. Reviewers most commonly note Hibu’s readily available customer service and value for money. Some reviewers did note that their flexible pricing could be a challenge to anticipate costs when using multiple Hibu services. Learn more about what users have to say on our Hibu Reviews Page.
Where to Find Hibu
Get more information about Hibu’s Facebook ads management service by visiting their website. Hibu representatives are there to help you find the Facebook advertising service that’s right for you. They offer a no-obligation consultation, making it easy to decide if they’re the right choice for your business.
Best for One-Off Facebook Ad Management Tasks: Fiverr
Fiverr is the leading online marketplace for sourcing professional freelance services for small businesses. Fiverr connects businesses to freelance consultants, offering a variety of Facebook ads management services from new account creation to ongoing optimizations or setting up retargeting. Fiverr is the best option for businesses looking for one-off or task-based Facebook advertising services that start as low as $5.
Fiverr pricing starts at just $5 but varies by seller and services offered. Sellers define services offered at specific price points, so you know what you’re getting for the price. The cost for a new Facebook Ads account is around $95 to 250 for highly-rated sellers. Account optimization services range from around $25 to $250.
A quick look at Fiverr costs:
- Minimum ad spend – None
- Setup fee – Varies, but averages around $95 to 250, which is higher than some of our other service providers that offer free setup with ongoing account management.
- Optimization fee – Varies, but averages around $25 to 250 (for top-rated sellers)
- Contract – On a project basis
Fiverr is really unique compared the other services on this list in that it gives businesses the opportunity to choose specific individual contractors or sellers to work with for specific one-off services. You will find that not only are there a number of sellers to choose from, but a number of different services and packages available, ensuring that you can find exactly what you’re looking for between price and service.
Fiverr is a collection of individual sellers, or contractors, listing their services (aka “gigs”), unlike the other services we compared which employ in-house talent. Therefore, performance is dependent on the individual. Fiverr provides information on each seller, such as their rating and reviews from previous buyers, average response times, and average turnaround time, so buyers can make an informed decision before hiring a contractor.
Account Creation & Management
With Fiverr, you can get exactly the services you’re looking for—whether you want to hire a pro to build out your new Facebook Ads account, need help with writing effective ad copy, or have been using Facebook Ads for a while and not sure what you could do to optimize the account. After ordering a gig, your Fiverr seller will have specific questions for you to help them understand your business and your needs.
Customer Service & Support
Fiverr is unique when it comes to customer service and support because your services aren’t only backed by your seller, but also by Fiverr in regards to customer service. Sellers are responsible for providing great customer service, but in cases where they fail to do so, Fiverr is there to support the buy and holds the seller accountable.
Through Fiverr, you can find freelancers offering a huge array of services, such as:
- Graphic Design & Video Production – Great ad copy will fall flat without great imagery. Fiverr has the pros who can source, adjust, and produce the graphics and videos you need to make great Facebook ads.
- Social Media Management – Outsourcing social media account management is an affordable way of creating and maintaining a social presence, saving you a great deal of time.
- Landing Page Design – If you’re not directing clicks to your Facebook page, you will want to be sure to use professional landing pages. A good landing page increases user engagement and your overall conversion rate, making them a sound investment.
What Fiverr Is Missing
You can find just about any Facebook ad management service on Fiverr, so they’re not missing anything in terms of service. Keep in mind Fiverr is more geared towards being a source for task-based services, so users may find that while they offer a great service at extremely competitive prices, they may not be ideal for those seeking long-term, auto-renewal-type services. Businesses may also need to hire more than one freelancer to perform all services.
What Users Think About Fiverr
Fiverr has over 2 million users and a nearly perfect 4.9 rating on iTunes from over 40,000 users, and for good reason. Reviewers frequently note that Fiverr is an easy and affordable way of outsourcing project-based work to professionals. See what people have to say about Fiverr on our Fiverr review page.
Where to Find Fiverr
Find your ideal Facebook advertising expert by visiting Fiverr and searching for “Facebook ads manager.” Many sellers have turnaround times as short as 24 hours, so find the Fiverr seller for you to quickly start seeing Facebook advertising results.
Best for Local Brick-and-Mortar Businesses: Bytes
Bytes is a full-service digital marketing agency offering Facebook ad management services. Bytes works with all types of businesses, but they are a top choice for local brick-and-mortar businesses given their expertise in local pay-per-click marketing. Local businesses seeking specialists in local Facebook advertising at an affordable rate should choose Byte.
Facebook ad management fees are $298 per month for ad spends under $2,300. Once ad spends reach $2,300, the management fee switches to 15 percent of your monthly ad spend. This makes Bytes very affordable for all budgets and one of the lowest cost ad management services on our list.
A quick look at costs with Bytes:
- Minimum ad spend – None.
- Setup fee – Free for 12-month contracts or 50 percent off the setup fee with a six-month contract.
- Management fee – Flat is $298 with unlimited campaigns for ad spends up to 2,300, then it’s a 15 percent ad spend.
- Contract – None, but discounts for six- and 12-month contracts.
Bytes focuses on advertising for industries such as law firms, restaurants, and healthcare. As a result, they are well-versed in brick-and-mortar social advertising strategies designed to drive local foot traffic. In addition to offering affordable Facebook ad management, Bytes can also assist with Google AdWords, Google Analytics, website hosting, emergency support and clean-up following a website hack, and quarterly review calls on top of monthly reports.
Bytes, being from smaller cities, has a deeper understanding of local businesses and has used Facebook advertising for a large number of brick-and-mortar businesses. Bytes is the best choice for local businesses such as restaurants and law firms, as they’re experts in creating successful local campaigns.
Facebook ad accounts are professionally managed in-house from one of their New England offices (Burlington, VT, and Portland, ME). A really unique aspect of their account management is that they are available to travel to meet in-person, giving them a more personal feel.
In addition to Facebook ad management services, Bytes also offers:
- Paid Search – Bytes also offers Google AdWords management services, which is great for local businesses advertising on both search and social platforms.
- Website Design & Development – Websites speak volumes, so get a beautiful and functional site at an affordable rate that reflects your business.
- Managed Web Services – Bytes offers web hosting, web analytics, and hack cleanups (a service not offered by the other services we compared), as well as website security and emergency website support.
- Search Engine Optimization – Build your organic search ranking with professional SEO services to further increase visibility efforts.
What Bytes Is Missing
Present Bytes only offers Facebook ad management services in terms of social pay-per-click. This means their focus on the Facebook platform increases their expertise on the platform, but businesses that also want to try other social advertising, such as LinkedIn or Pinterest, won’t currently be able to do so through Bytes.
What Users Think About Bytes
Bytes has a high 4.7 out of 5-star average user rating on Google. Reviewers frequently note that the team at Bytes is extremely knowledgeable, efficient and yields great results. Learn more about Bytes by visiting our Bytes Review Page.
Where to Find Bytes
Local businesses should visit Bytes online to start a conversation or to request a free consultation. From your first contact, you will see why Bytes is highly rated for its great service and support for local businesses. Their free consultation will provide you with valuable marketing strategies from marketing experts.
Best for Local Service-Based Businesses: Stradegy
Stradegy is a niche digital marketing agency focused on helping small, service-based businesses. In addition to Facebook ad management, Stradegy provides copywriting assistance, Google Analytics, and phone call tracking so you know exactly how many phone calls are being generated by your ads. Businesses relying on incoming local phone calls rather than foot traffic would find Stradegy to be a great fit.
Facebook ad management fees start at $500 per month for up to two campaigns with two ad sets per campaign and two ads per ad set. Pricing increases with complexity and the number of campaigns. Stradegy has the highest management fee on our list, so if you’re on a tight budget, Hibu is the better option.
A quick look at Stradegy’s costs:
- Minimum ad spend – None, but suggested $300 minimum
- Setup fee – Free
- Management fee – Starting at $500, but increases with complexity, making it the most expensive option on our list
- Contract – Three-month contract, then month-to-month
Stradegy works with all types of businesses, but their expertise is in local service-based businesses that rely on incoming phone calls for lead generation. Stradegy features include call tracking at no additional cost, which is a feature not offered by all firms, as well as professional account build-outs, copywriting, and real-time 24/7 access to client portal.
Stradegy takes a very strategic and professional approach to Facebook ad management. They make sure businesses understand their market, their sales funnels, and the buyer’s decision process before starting the Facebook advertising journey with them. This degree of upfront planning leads to better-executed ads that perform well. However, it does mean businesses need to do their research and know their advertising goals well before starting with Stradegy.
Facebook ad accounts are professionally managed in-house by a dedicated account manager. A unique feature of Stradegy is their live, 24/7 client platform, giving you full transparency. Stradegy and Lyfe Marketing are the only two on our list with this feature. They also include call tracking, giving businesses further insights into their campaign’s performance.
In addition to Facebook ad management services, Stradegy also offers:
- Paid Search – Stradegy offers Google AdWords management services, which is great for local businesses advertising on both search and social platforms.
- Call Tracking – Call tracking comes included with ad management and is a service not offered by the other agencies we compared. This allows you to know how many calls are being generated by your ads as well as how much each call costs you.
- Facebook Pixel Support – Stradegy makes sure your Facebook Pixel is set up properly and helps you track conversions on your website.
- Website Design & Development – Stradegy can help build a beautiful and functional website for your business at an affordable rate.
- Search Engine Optimization – Build your organic search ranking with professional SEO services to further increase visibility efforts.
What Stradegy Is Missing
Stradegy is very strategic in their process. However, having said that, they do not offer a wide range of creative services like other Facebook ad management service providers do on our list. If you’re looking for a service with comprehensive in-house creative and are not concerned with using a specialist service, Marketing 360 and Lyfe Marketing would be good alternatives.
What Users Think About Stradegy
Users appreciate Stradegy’s honest and direct approach to Facebook ad management, cutting through the “white noise” common among marketing agencies. Users note a difference in campaign performance after switching to Stradegy from other agencies given their specific expertise. Learn more on our Stradegy review page.
Where to Find Stradegy
Visit Stradegy online to learn more about properly building and executing digital marketing for service-based businesses or request your free, no obligation, 30-minute marketing assessment with a member of Stradegy and to learn how you can start marketing your local businesses more effectively.
Best for Online-Based Businesses: Lyfe Marketing
Lyfe Marketing is a leading social media management company offering professional Facebook ad management services. Lyfe Marketing also offers support with remarketing banner ads and product-centric shopping ads to ensure your brand stays in front of recent visitors to your website. Online businesses looking to advertise a number of different products on Facebook at a competitive price would be served well by Lyfe Marketing.
Lyfe Marketing Pricing
Lyfe Marketing’s Facebook ad management service fees start at $450 per month for 10 ads. At $500 per month, you can also advertise on Instagram. The minimum monthly ad spend is low at $150, and their one-time setup fee of $150 is waived for businesses whose monthly management fee is $500 or above.
A quick look at Lyfe Marketing costs:
- Minimum ad spend – $150 per month.
- Setup fee – $150 one-time setup fee, waived for those spending $500 on monthly management fees.
- Management fee – Starting at $450 for 10 ads per month, landing them in the middle of our list.
- Contract – Three-month contract, then month-to-month.
Lyfe Marketing Features
Lyfe Marketing is great for ecommerce businesses because the starting management fee includes up to 10 ads, allowing you to advertise up to 10 different products. They also offer Google remarketing banner ads and Google shopping ads. Marketing 360 is the only other agency on our list to provide these ads. Lyfe Marketing also offers live 24/7 accessible data and reports, two account managers (a specialist and a director), and top-rated service.
Lyfe Marketing is the only Facebook ad management service provider on our list that provides not only one account manager, but two: a specialist and a director. Their real-time client platform is available 24/7, giving clients full transparency into the performance of their accounts. Lyfe Marketing and Stradegy are the only two on our list that offer this type of reporting.
Customer Service & Support
Clients get two dedicated account managers, giving them a high degree of contact. Lyfe Marketing is also readily available to answer your call Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. They are friendly and helpful and when you call, you’re connected to a live person.
Lyfe Marketing these additional services:
- Social Media Management – Outsourcing social media account management is an affordable way of creating and maintaining a social presence and building social proof.
- PPC Management – Businesses commonly use both paid search and social advertising simultaneously. If you’re interested in advertising on platforms such as Google, Lyfe Marketing can manage both.
- Email Marketing – Lyfe marketing can also create and manage your email marketing by helping to create user-friendly and lead capturing signup forms.
- Google Remarketing and Shopper Ads – these ad types are designed to keep your products in front of recent website visitors. The only other service we compared offering these type of ads is Marketing 360.
What Lyfe Marketing Is Missing
Lyfe Marketing is a social media-focused management firm. Though they are suited for advertising ecommerce businesses, you will still need an ecommerce website platform. Their pricing is also on the higher end for businesses with advertising budgets below $1,000. While their base package that includes 10 ads is great for businesses with multiple products, it may be more than required for businesses with just a couple products or services.
What Users Think About Lyfe Marketing
Lyfe Marketing has a very high 4.7 out of 5-star average rating on Google. Reviewers frequently noted that Lyfe Marketing is easy to work with, is very responsible and provides great support, and that they are impressed with their account’s performance.
Where to Find Lyfe Marketing
Visit Lyfe Marketing online to learn more about the wide range of social media and marketing services they provide that give businesses a convenient and professional all-in-one marketing solution. Speak with an expert to decide if Lyfe Marketing is right for your business and to start seeing the results of effective Facebook advertising.
Best for In-House Facebook Ads Management: Marketing 360
Marketing 360 is a complete marketing platform and is also one of our top picks for the best digital marketing agencies due to its Facebook Ad support, built-in CRM and range of supported advertising platforms. Marketing 360 combines both software and service, giving you a convenient and complete marketing suite for all your marketing efforts. Marketing 360 is for those who want an all-in-one solution to manage all digital marketing channels.
Marketing 360 Pricing
Facebook advertising services with Marketing 360 cost $595 per month. It’s one of the highest prices on our list, but Marketing 360 is more than Facebook ad management. It’s a complete, end-to-end marketing and CRM software system, making them very affordable for businesses looking to also use a CRM.
A quick look at Marketing 360 costs:
- Minimum ad spend – None
- Setup fee – No
- Management fee – $595 per month for the entire management and CRM system
- Contract – Six-month contract, then month-to-month
Marketing 360 Features
Marketing 360 includes access to CRM software, ecommerce-ready website design, SMS marketing, and support ads for the greatest range of social media advertising platforms out of all the agencies we compared. It includes Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pandora, Snapchat, Google, and Bing Ads. In addition, they offer a library of deep stock images and videos, a full in-house video team, help with swag and apparel, and your own dedicated marketing executive.
The combination of using both a software and traditional in-house management generates high-quality ads that perform well. The software analyzes the account, seeking areas of optimizations by discovering data highlights. Then the dedicated marketing executive reads and strategically optimizes to improve account performance. Marketing 360 is the only Facebook management service on our list that combines software and services.
Customer Service & Support
All Marketing 360 clients get their own dedicated marketing executive, as well as full transparency with their live, 24/7 dashboard where clients can see all data on their accounts. Marketing 360 is unique, and unlike any other service on our list, in that their dashboard pulls data directly from Facebook, so you can view all of your analytics in one centralized place.
Other Marketing 350 services include:
- Social Media Management – They offer clients both a content curator and an engagement specialist to build and maintain client’s social proof.
- Content Library – Quality images are key in Facebook ads, although not every business has professional photos available. Marketing 360 offers clients a vast in-house deep stock library with images and videos at their disposal.
- In-House Video Team – Facebook ads with videos see approximately 20 percent more clicks on average than image ads, but most small businesses don’t have the time to create videos, making Marketing 360’s in-house video production a big bonus.
- CRM Software – Marketing 360 provides built-in lead management software to help you monitor and manage leads.
- Email Marketing – In addition to social media ads, Marketing 360 can also help you connect to prospective customers through email campaigns and newsletters.
- Swag & Apparel – Marketing 360 offers swag packages specifically tailored to your organization to help increase brand awareness.
What Marketing 360 Is Missing
Marketing 360 is a comprehensive marketing platform giving clients a full-service marketing experience. They work with businesses across all industries, but if you’re an online-based business that doesn’t need a CRM or help with the other social platforms, Lyfe Marketing might be a better fit, or if you’re a brick-and-mortar, Bytes might be a good alternative as well.
What Users Think About Marketing 360
Marketing 360 users note that they like having both a software and a dedicated marketing executive who is there to help them monitor, analyze and manage ads strategically. On the other hand, using a new software does require an initial learning curve. Read more user reviews on our Marketing 360 reviews page.
Where to Find Marketing 360
Visit Marketing 360 online to take a tour of the platform and to set up a kickoff call with one of their marketing executives. Their marketing executives begin by taking the time to understand your business and your Facebook advertising goals before providing you with custom Facebook advertising insights for your business.
Finding the right Facebook ad management service for your small business will depend largely on the type of industry you’re in, your budget, needs, and advertising goals. Professional Facebook ad management services will help you increase exposure, engage with your audience and grow your business—making them a valuable investment for business without the time or experience to manage ads in-house.
Hibu is the overall best Facebook ad management service given the combination of their experience, variety of in-house marketing services, and affordability, making them a good choice for the average small business. Hibu offers free, no-obligation consultations, so visit Hibu online to get yours and learn how Hibu can take your Facebook advertising to new levels.