Customer relationship management (CRM) software for Mac users works with native macOS tools, such as Safari, Apple Mail, Contacts, and Calendar. The best CRM systems, however, do more than support Mac’s operating system. They streamline sales processes, organize information, and include tools to manage leads or customers. We looked into six CRM providers that work best with Mac and have evaluated them based on features, pricing, ease of use, and benefits.
- Zoho CRM: Best overall for small businesses that want a robust CRM that works with Apple products
- Pipedrive: Best for organizations that want to easily visualize deals on an iPhone or iPad
- HubSpot CRM: Great choice for teams that want a free Mac-friendly CRM
- Gro CRM: Excellent option for small businesses that want to access CRM data across multiple types of Apple devices
- Insightly: Ideal for Mac users who are looking for a CRM with strong project management capabilities
- Daylite: Solid choice for businesses that want to use Siri voice commands with their CRM
How We Evaluated the Best CRM Providers for Mac Users
A CRM that works well with Mac users should be priced fairly, offer a robust set of functional features like reporting and analytics, be easy to set up and operate, and provide a full range of customer support. As part of our evaluation criteria, we considered CRM options that integrate with the Apple productivity tools, such as Calendar, Mail, and Contacts.
Based on our evaluation, Zoho CRM is the best overall choice due to its pricing, features, and easy setup. It offers seamless integrations with Apple products and a well-designed mobile iOS app to improve productivity and collaboration. While we ranked Zoho CRM as the best overall CRM for Mac users, different CRM products will be better suited for various small businesses depending on their size, products and services, and overall objectives.
Click through the tabs below to learn more about our evaluation criteria:
40% of Overall Score
Total costs, along with a variety of pricing options, are typically the most important criteria for any small business decision. Therefore, it was the most heavily weighted when reviewing all of the CRM software that works best for Mac users. This criteria looked at free account availability, numerous subscription options, and billing options.
20% of Overall Score
We looked at features we consider a necessity for CRM software that uses macOS to operate, including reporting and analytics functions, customizable pipelines, integrations, and mobile (iOS) capabilities.
15% of Overall Score
The functions of any application are only as beneficial as they are usable. Therefore, ease of use of the varying CRM software is the next highest weight of criteria. Ease of use was analyzed in terms of the expertise needed to integrate it with macOS tools, the skill required to operate the system, and the overall usability.
15% of Overall Score
Help and support hold the same weight as the ease of use criteria, and we evaluated it in terms of customer service hours, phone support, live chat support, and email support.
10% of Overall Score
We looked at reputable review sites and gathered expert opinions. We evaluated standout features, overall value for money spent, popularity, and ease of use.
Zoho: Best Overall CRM for Mac Users
*Pricing is based on a monthly subscription. Annual billing is available for those who prefer long-term contracts.
Zoho CRM is an excellent CRM option for businesses that want a low-cost and easy setup. For Mac users, some of the features offered can be downloaded straight from the App store, such as their robust mobile app that allows trigger actions with Siri shortcuts. One feature that stood out was the Mac Remote Desktop feature through Zoho Assist, which allows users to connect to other Mac devices remotely. This is useful for businesses that often rely on team collaboration.
Zoho CRM Features
- Zoho Mail allows users to easily connect Apple Mail and Contacts to the CRM
- Contacts can easily be imported into the Zoho CRM system
- Features offer two-way sync between Zoho and Apple Calendar
- Zoho Notebook feature allows note taking on a Mac device from the CRM system
- Mac Remote Desktop feature that allows remote access into other Mac products
- Data porting features allows you to easily migrate data from external spreadsheets
Not sure if this is the right tool for your business? Read our Zoho CRM review and find out what it does best and how it helps small businesses achieve their goals.
Pipedrive: Best CRM for Easy Mobile Deal Tracking
*Pricing is based on an annual billing option. Monthly plans are available as well.
Pipedrive is popular for its sales automation capabilities. For businesses that primarily use Apple products and Mac devices, standout features include its mobile CRM functionalities, such as seeing your daily schedule and reminders at a glance and viewing a complete overview of each deal, as well as the ability to easily update deals on the go. Additionally, the mobile version reflects all of the customizations that were created via the desktop version.
- Strong mirrored actions between web application features and mobile (iOS) features
- Artificial intelligence (AI) Sales Assistant feature to help with decision-making
- Smart Contact Data feature available to gain valuable insight on prospects
- One-click app installation abilities for dozens of apps on the App Store that Mac users often use, such as Zoom, Slack, Aircall, and PandaDoc
- 24/7 customer support on all channels, including phone, live chat, and email
Want to learn more about this CRM? Check out our Pipedrive review where we discussed more about its pros and cons.
HubSpot CRM: Best Free CRM for Mac Users
*Based on annual billing. Monthly subscriptions are also available at slightly higher rates.
Arguably, the most attractive attribute of HubSpot CRM is that it is free for an unlimited number of users for some of the basic features most CRMs offer. Mac users also find that it runs well on mobile devices, so they can switch back and forth between a Mac desktop or laptop and an iPhone or iPad if needed. Another great HubSpot feature is the calendar integration that syncs well with Apple Calendar.
If the free CRM option is a high priority for your business, compare the benefits of the free versions of HubSpot, Zoho CRM, and Insightly. If your business can operate with the basic functions of a CRM, HubSpot is a clear choice since it’s free for unlimited users. Zoho CRM only allows up to free three users, but offers broader features and is extremely easy to integrate with macOS. Insightly only allows up to two free users but provides a customizable portal with project management features.
HubSpot CRM Features
- Free additional tools are available for marketing purposes, such as the Buyer Persona feature for creating and promoting to an ideal customer
- Solid sales engagement features for quote generation
- Mobile (iOS) application runs well on iPhone and iPad devices
- Great scheduling features within the CRM that integrate well with Apple Calendar
- AI capabilities within the CRM for sales automation and data management
Read our HubSpot review to get more information on how this CRM helps small businesses grow.
Gro CRM: Best CRM for Multiple Apple Device Support
Gro CRM was specifically created to work with Apple devices and applications. For that reason, a Mac user can set up the CRM with ease and integrate many of the applications that they likely already use, such as iCloud, Contacts, Maps, Mail, and Calendar. There is also the ability to access the CRM from multiple Apple devices, including mobile, desktop, or laptops. You can even access the CRM’s status dashboard on an Apple TV.
If you are looking for CRM providers that have specifically developed for Mac and other Apple devices, the best options would be Gro CRM and Daylite. If you wanted to focus on which devices you can access the CRM from, Gro CRM is a better choice as nearly all (recently developed) Apple products can utilize the platform. If you want to focus more on the actual integration of Apple software applications, Daylite is a better option as all of the commonly used apps mesh seamlessly with this platform.
Gro CRM Features
- Can be used on multiple Apple product platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Mac Desktop, Apple TV, and Apple Watch
- Can handle payment processing through integration with Stripe
- Integrates with Apple applications, such as iCloud, Contacts, Maps, Mail, and Calendar
- Call center features allow users to streamline following up with leads with the Contact Queue system
- Easy-to-use document attachment features within the platform
Insightly: Best Mac CRM With Project Management Capabilities
The ability to access a CRM on a mobile device makes Insightly a strong choice for Mac users, especially when considering the project management capabilities that transfer well to an iOS system. For example, the mobile app allows you to scan business cards to add contacts, update projects with tasks and deliverables, and record voice notes. Businesses that operate heavily on a project-to-project basis should strongly consider this option.
- Project management features within the CRM for task tracking, calendar synchronization, and custom project processes
- Supported by the iOS system for iPhone and iPad use
- Business card scanning features to automatically generate contacts
- Multiproject capabilities available on mobile devices
- Sales enablement tools available for quoting and invoicing
Head over to our Insightly review page to learn more about its features and benefits.
Daylite: Best Mac CRM With Siri Assistance
Daylite is an excellent Mac CRM option for managing customers, sales, and projects. Much of this is because it integrates with nearly all of the main applications and functions Mac and other Apple products offer, including Mail, Contacts, Notification Center, Siri, Caller ID, and Apple’s Multitasking feature. The strong CRM integration with Apple apps is made possible by the fact that Daylite was specifically designed for Mac devices.
- Email system allows full integration with Apple Mail
- Apple’s Caller ID available through the CRM system
- Integrates with Siri for voice command features
- Two-way syncing ability for Apple Contacts and Daylite contacts
- Permission management features to control what certain teams can access for data security