monday.com is one of our recommended customer relationship management (CRM) software platforms for freelancers and users who want a simple CRM. It is also ideal for teams that need a robust customer database tool. It scored high in areas including ease of use and general features. Areas with slightly lower scores include pricing (due to its lack of a free plan), specialized features, and customer support because it lacks telephone support on the lower-priced plans.
What is monday.com? monday.com is a simple, no-frills, affordable CRM system. While monday.com is better known as a project management tool, the company finally introduced full-fledged CRM software. It offers fundamental CRM features, including pipeline, contact, lead management and scoring, forecasting, and analytics—on top of its outstanding project management tools.
- No free plan
- No omnichannel tools to engage with customers via their preferred channels
- Lead scoring is only available under the Enterprise plan
- You need a simple CRM: monday.com is one of our top picks for the best simple CRM with excellent project management tools. It has a straightforward layout that makes it easy even for novice users to navigate the platform.
- You are a freelancer: Solopreneurs can use premade board templates or tailor their monday.com boards for activity in all business functions, like sales, marketing campaigns, billing, client projects, and other operational areas.
- You need a robust customer database: monday.com and its CRM-specialty product are great for automation. It offers tools to move data around their system, notify users, and assign tasks depending on record updates, such as a lead converting to a customer or a new client generated.
- You need a free CRM: While monday.com is easy to use, it doesn’t offer a free plan for teams needing a free tool.
- Alternative: Users can subscribe to HubSpot CRM instead—it offers a free-forever plan with essential lead and deal management features.
- You need customer service communication tools: monday.com offers great contact and lead management tools, but doesn’t provide communication channels within the CRM to reach out to them.
- Alternative: Tools like Zoho CRM offer users various communication tools to contact their contacts, including email, social media integration, and calling.
monday.com Review Deciding Factors
Supported Business Types
Freelancers and small to medium-sized businesses
Starts at $10 per user, per month with a minimum of three users required
Monthly and annual plans available
24/7 customer support to all users via live chat, email, and phone support. However, phone support is only for billing-related inquiries.
If monday.com software doesn’t meet your business needs, below are our top-recommended alternatives to consider:
Businesses looking for a robust free CRM with advanced email marketing tools
Sales teams wanting a built-in telephone system included in their CRM
Solopreneurs, startups, and small businesses needing a simple, affordable CRM solution
Offers a free plan while paid plans start at $45 per month for two users
$15 per user, per month; Growth plan is free for three users max
Offers a free plan while paid plans start at $15 per user, per month
Read our HubSpot CRM Review
Read our Freshsales Review
Read our Streak Review
Interested in learning about other providers that might suit your business needs? Check out our guide on the best CRMs for small business.
We scored monday.com pricing 4.5 out of 5 due to its range of affordable paid plans, despite the lack of a free plan. Also, monday.com pricing is not expensive overall, with its plans ranging from $10 to $24 per user, per month. However, note that it requires at least three users for each plan. Users can sign up for a 14-day trial before subscribing to a paid plan.
Small sales teams
Growing sales teams
monday.com Pricing if Paid Monthly ($/user)
monday.com Pricing if Paid Annually ($/user)
Minimum of three
Minimum of three
Minimum of three
Unlimited Customizable Pipelines
Quotes & Invoices
Email Tracking & Automations
Advanced CRM Analytics
For more details of each plan, click on the drop-down menu below:
- Unlimited customizable pipelines, contacts, and boards
- Templates for lead, contact, and deal management
- Webforms to capture leads
- Kanban-view activity board
- iOS and Android mobile apps
- Lead scoring
- Team goals
- Advanced analytics (dashboards up to 50 boards)
- Account management
- Documents for sales
- Enterprise-scale automations and integrations
- Enterprise-grade security and governance
- Multi-level permissions
- HIPAA compliance
Regardless of your chosen plan, monday.com offers all essential CRM features for contact, lead, and project management, managing sales opportunities, and automating repetitive tasks. Its mobile app is also accessible for all users—regardless of plan subscription.
We gave monday.com general features a 5 out of 5 score. All plans include unlimited customizable pipelines, contacts, and activity boards. They also include webforms to capture leads, and templates for lead, contact, and deal management.
Below are some of the general features of monday.com:
- Task management
- Deal management
- Website tracking
- Email scheduling
- Customizable sales pipelines
We gave it a score of 4.25 out of 5 for its niche features, as some are only included in the more expensive plans. These include lead scoring, email templates, and data duplicate warnings.
monday.com’s project management boards enable teams to streamline collaboration, organization, task assignment, and project management requirements. It has over 200 premade templates to visualize processes and status, manage workflows, and track progress. There are more than 30 types of columns you can drag and drop onto your boards, status buttons to reflect your team’s activities, and automated notifications. Your boards can also be interlinked with one another.
monday.com helps users assess the quality of leads through lead scoring. Based on predetermined scoring rules, users can quantify how strong a lead is based on landing page link clicks, responses to sales emails, or attendance in product demos. The system automatically updates lead scores as the prospect performs certain actions. This allows your sales reps to prioritize outreach to those leads most likely to convert and identify those who need nurturing.
monday.com offers various reporting tools, allowing users to create custom dashboards and reports using templates and easily share them with team members. Through its reporting features, users can manage budgets with formulas and filters, and visualize sales reports with charts. You can also get actionable insights from existing figures, and generate reports for transparency.
monday.com CRM integrates with various third-party business tools to streamline users’ sales processes. These include accounting, analytics, contact management, customer service, ecommerce platforms, email newsletters, marketing automation, sales, and time tracking. You can also extend its integration with other apps through Zapier.
Some of its most popular integrations include:
The monday.com platform earned a score of 4.25 out of 5 for customer support since it offers 24/7 customer support to users via live chat, email, and phone support. However, we didn’t give it a perfect score as its phone support is only for billing-related queries. Additionally, all users can access a self-service knowledge base and daily webinars. Enterprise plan subscribers also have a dedicated customer success manager and a 99.9% uptime service-level agreement (SLA).
We scored monday.com a perfect 5 out of 5 for ease of use because it is intuitive to operate even for beginners. It also has a clean interface with sensibly laid-out features that make it easy for users to find the CRM tools they need. Setting the platform up doesn’t require technical experience, and the software can be used immediately after signing up.
We scored monday.com 5 out of 5 as existing monday.com reviews show it generally has positive user reviews. Users who like the platform said it is simple and makes it easy for their team to collaborate and update their tasks. They also like that they can customize templates according to their business processes.
Some negative monday.com reviews are about occasional bugs and the lack of a free plan. They also noted they couldn’t turn off notifications from the system and that it sends alerts even for minor updates.
- G2: 4.7 out of 5 based on 531 reviews
- TrustRadius: 9 out of 10 based on 108 reviews
- Software Advice: 4.5 out of 5 based on 363 reviews
Methodology: How We Evaluated monday.com CRM Reviews
As part of writing our software reviews, we test each system ourselves. When writing our monday.com review, we looked at crucial areas, such as pricing, the core set of features every CRM should have, and the level of customer support and ease of use. We also looked through existing CRM ratings about monday.com from credible review sources.
Click through the tabs below for our monday.com review evaluation criteria:
10% of Overall Score
Cost is typically an essential criterion for any business, so it was one of our considerations when evaluating its cost-effectiveness. We usually give a high score to providers that offer a starter plan that costs $30 or less. We also check the availability of a free plan, scalable pricing options, and options to pay monthly or annually.
10% of Overall Score
We looked at overall features necessary for any CRM system, such as integration options, reporting, and analytics tools. We also considered the availability of a monday.com mobile app—essential for sales reps who are always on the go.
30% of Overall Score
We looked at the niche and targeted features of the software to see the value a user can get by subscribing. We checked if they offer specialized features such as lead scoring, workflow automation, analytics, and project management.
20% of Overall Score
We evaluated the platform’s usability and the level of technical experience needed to use the system. This was analyzed in terms of the expertise needed to set up an account, the learning curve to use its features, and the ease of integrating with other apps.
20% of Overall Score
Support is a crucial part of running any CRM tool, especially for small businesses that don’t have in-house technical support. We analyzed the types and availability of support offered by these providers through live chat, email, and phone.
10% of Overall Score
We looked through existing and best CRM reviews on credible sites to measure current users’ satisfaction and any problems they typically encounter. We also added our thoughts and expert opinion on key features, value for money, and popularity.
monday.com Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Who benefits most from using monday.com?
monday.com is ideal for small and growing businesses needing robust project management tools. Before having a dedicated sales CRM, monday.com offered project management as its flagship feature, which is also embedded in the CRM tool.
When should I use a monday.com alternative?
- Users who need a free CRM tool should consider other options, as monday.com only offers paid subscription options. Check out our guide on the best free CRM software to learn about possible alternatives.
- Those seeking omnichannel communication tools to communicate with their customers, as monday.com doesn’t have these in its dashboard. Users who require a CRM with omnichannel capabilities should consider Zoho CRM. They can also consider the Freshsales CRM platform if they specifically want a robust in-app caller.
monday.com is a user-friendly CRM with excellent project management capabilities. Its affordable pricing range makes it ideal for freelancers and small businesses that need access to fundamental CRM functionalities such as lead management, marketing automation, and pipeline management. On the other hand, it’s not ideal for users who want to use their CRM as a customer support system due to its lack of omnichannel communication tools.