Specialized real estate software helps agents and brokers streamline daily operations and foster a successful career. These tools are invaluable for lead generation, brand promotion, listing control, office management, and client interactions. These real estate agent software enhance productivity and bolster customer acquisition, all contributing to increased revenue. We’ve curated a list of the top eight tools based on categories, plus dozens of alternatives, to help you manage and grow all facets of your business.
Top Real Estate Software at a Glance
Best for Open House & Showing Management
Best for Lead Generation & Nurturing
Best for Website Builders & Marketing
Best for MLS Search & Listing Tools
Best for Market Reports & Property Valuation
Best for Office Tools
Best for Efficiency Tools
Best for Communication & Collaboration
1. Spacio: Best for Open House & Showing Management
Using open houses and showing management software for real estate can boost agents’ potential by capturing contact information from motivated clients, making the open house experience even better. This data becomes valuable for growing contact lists to support your future marketing efforts.
- Agents: $25
- Teams: $100
- Brokerages: Call for pricing
Our Expert Opinion on Spacio
Spacio is an exceptional open house showing management app, offering a wide range of valuable features. It simplifies your property marketing efforts by streamlining lead capture, automating follow-ups, and accommodating unlimited open house listings. Whether on the go or at your desk, Spacio is accessible across all devices, including a mobile app for added convenience.
Designed with teams and brokerages in mind, it provides features such as brokerage reporting, admin permissions, agent management, social sharing, and customizable in-app branding. These attributes make Spacio an excellent choice for enterprises looking to optimize their open house showing management. User reviews indicate that the company could improve its customer service.
Open House & Showing Management Alternatives
- Calendly: Helps agents manage open house tours and showing schedules, preventing double-bookings and allowing better time management. It provides easy calendar sharing for client engagement and internal scheduling for larger teams.
- Zoho Forms: Agents can easily create forms to collect client information and feedback, saving time on paperwork and data collection while seamlessly integrating with Zoho products and residential or commercial CRMs like Salesforce.
- Matterport: Provides 3D virtual tours. Creating a 3D tour of properties can help agents market and show homes without physically needing to be in the property.
If you’re looking for more open house and showing management tools, see our article, 5 Best Open House Showing Management Apps 2023.
2. Real Geeks: Best for Lead Generation & Nurturing Software
Lead generation forms the cornerstone of a real estate agent’s success. Essential tools are needed to streamline transactions, foster client relationships, and generate leads. The following real estate software solutions represent the best in the field, sparking the interest of potential clients in your listings and services while optimizing your efficiency. It aids in acquiring new business and maintains communication with potential clients, including those who may not initially reach out.
- Website and CRM: $299
- Geek AI: $200
Our Expert Opinion on Real Geeks
Real Geeks is an all-in-one platform that focuses on supporting agents in lead generation and nurturing. It streamlines the creation of internet data exchange (IDX) websites, captures leads through its CRM, and utilizes paid-per-click online ads to generate leads. This toolkit enhances agents’ online presence for increased buyer and seller leads.
The integrated CRM and automation maximize lead generation through platforms like Facebook and Google, with third-party integrations for centralized leads and email and SMS campaigns for simplified nurturing. Expanding to include print mail options for agents would be a valuable addition.
Lead Generation & Nurturing Alternatives
- Zillow Premier Agent: Gain access to the largest online real estate marketplace and enjoy custom lead routing for teams, along with a mobile application for on-the-go productivity.
- Offrs: Utilizing artificial intelligence (AI) and data acquisition, it enhances lead generation by guiding agents toward homeowner leads with a higher likelihood of selling their properties.
- REDX: Contact lists for prospecting and generating new client leads. The contact lists are divided into different lead sources for a fixed monthly price.
If you’re looking for more ways to find and buy real estate leads, read our guide, 8 Best Places to Buy Real Estate Leads in 2023.
3. Market Leader: Best for Website Builders & Marketing Software
In a world where 96% of homebuyers turn to the internet for their property search, it’s vital for agents to harness websites and marketing tools to bolster their credibility and extend their brand’s influence. By ensuring that an agent’s brand and contact details are consistently prominent, prospective clients are more inclined to make contact when they require services. Nevertheless, mastering digital marketing can be challenging without expert guidance, so we’ve provided the top website builders and marketing tools for your real estate business.
- Market Leader CRM: $139
- Team and Brokerage solution: Custom; call for details
Our Expert Opinion on Market Leader
Market Leader stands out as an exceptional all-in-one solution for real estate professionals, seamlessly integrating lead generation, marketing features, and an extensive CRM system. It offers user-friendly website creation with drag-and-drop functionality, widgets, and Market Leader’s licensed content library access.
These IDX-enabled, search engine-friendly websites elevate your online presence and enhance your visibility in internet searches, ultimately boosting your brand recognition. Agents can also make ready-to-print flyers and postcards, plus it has social media and email marketing features. Its social media marketing tools could be improved by offering more options.
Website Builders & Marketing Alternatives
- GoDaddy: Lets you quickly check domain availability. It also offers website solutions that can accommodate any budget. Plus, automatic domain renewal options
- Placester: Includes a real estate-specific website designer, which agents can either use independently or have created for them. It also has CRM and IDX integrations for comprehensive functionality.
- Loomly: Effortlessly oversee all posts and assets within the content library. Craft social media posts using versatile editing tools and enjoy collaborative features designed for real estate teams.
4. Apartments.com: Best for MLS Search & Listing Tools
The multiple listing service (MLS) and real estate listings tools allow agents to post and display real estate listings to increase lead generation opportunities and enhance listing visibility. Many of these sites allow agents to search for available properties and syndicate or disperse listings to multiple real estate websites on an agent’s behalf. This puts properties for sale in front of countless potential buyers and renters.
- Free basic account
- Premium account pricing varies by state; contact provider for details
Our Expert Opinion on Apartments.com
Apartments.com is a top choice for rental real estate agents to promote individual listings or represent multi-family units on landlords’ behalf. It offers free listing posting with optional paid advertising to feature listings prominently. It offers tenant screening with a TransUnion resident score to increase the chances of a successful rental and is an ideal tool for leasing agents to market vacancies, collect applications, and perform a background check.
The Apartments.com network spans seven rental websites, including ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder, and ApartmentHomeLiving, ensuring maximum exposure for your listings when posted on Apartments.com. Although the platform has an app for tenants to search for vacancies, it could improve by providing a mobile app for landlords and property managers.
MLS Search & Listings Alternatives
- Zumper: An all-in-one marketplace for renters, landlords, and multi-family property owners, primarily for rental units. Additionally, there’s a mobile application available, and listings can include video tours for added visual appeal.
- Realtor.com: Allows agents to participate in their marketing solutions to generate quality leads through real estate advertisements. The marketing includes a lead form next to available listings and Facebook and Instagram ads to showcase an agent’s available listings.
- RealtyMX: A one-stop shop for real estate professionals looking to get a website, listing syndication, data management, team management, and office management tools.
5. Zilculator: Best for Market Reports & Property Valuation
In real estate interactions with potential, current, and past clients, discussions often revolve around market conditions and property values. As a real estate expert, offering insights on property valuations, market data, and property details is essential in showcasing your value to potential clients. Real estate software programs streamline this process, offering market reports and property valuations, empowering agents to use this data effectively for business generation.
- Plus: $13.60
- Pro: $15.20
- Premium: $23.20
Our Expert Opinion on Zilculator
Zilculator offers agents an automated real estate property analysis tool, enabling them to compute crucial property metrics such as gross rent multiplier, net operating income, and mortgage payments. These calculations are especially valuable when presenting services to landlords, property owners, and multi-family property owners in the context of buyer or seller representation.
Zilculator’s property comp report provides detailed data on comparable properties, aiding in accurate pricing and market analysis for your clients, ensuring they receive fair market value for their properties or make informed investment decisions. Zilculator could improve by providing the property inventory website in all of its packages instead of just the highest-priced option.
Market Reports & Property Valuation Alternatives
- ePropertyWatch: Agents can effortlessly send their clients automated monthly emails about their home and neighborhood valuation by enrolling them on the platform.
- PropertyRadar: Access a property owner’s contact details easily and craft visually appealing market data graphics. Plus, there’s a mobile application for added convenience.
- Cloud CMA: Create professionally designed CMA reports for listing presentations, encouraging paperless marketing by enabling digital viewing on tablets or mobile phones. Also, capture leads via available landline pages using a “What’s My Home Worth?” landing page, automatically providing property valuations to leads.
If you’re looking for additional software for real estate agent property valuations, check out this article on mapping software that offers territory and demographics tools, custom branding, and comprehensive training and support: 6 Best Mapping Software for Realtors in 2023.
6. Google Workspace: Best for Office Tools
While direct client interactions are essential for real estate agents, handling paperwork and finances is crucial for a successful real estate business. Streamlining these operations with real estate agent software allows agents to dedicate more time to generating leads and building client relationships. Here, you’ll discover excellent real estate tools for agents tailored for individuals, teams, and brokerages, helping you save time and maintain organization in your daily operations.
- Business Starter: $6
- Business Standard: $12 Business
- Plus: $18
- Enterprise: Contact provider for pricing
Our Expert Opinion on Google Workspace
Google Workspace offers distinct security and team management tools not found in free Google accounts. It allows agents to align email addresses with website domains and brands. Additionally, the upgraded plan provides an admin console, empowering team leaders to add users, manage their devices, and establish security settings for leadership access, enhancing overall management and branding capabilities.
One of the best features in Google Workspace is the ability to share and edit within the Drive platform. It conveniently provides a version history so any changes are tracked and no work is lost. It allows users to collaborate across teams and with clients by simply allowing access and setting up roles. It could improve by providing a more robust grammar and plagiarism checker within the app.
Office Tools Alternatives
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Edit text and images easily and reduce PDF file size. Additionally, you can password-protect your documents for added security.
- QuickBooks: It’s user-friendly for individual agents and offers multiple access levels, facilitating collaboration with accountants and bookkeepers. Maintains comprehensive and simplified tax preparation when the time comes.
- Lone Wolf Workspace: Integrates real estate transaction management, compliance, and office intranet for enhanced productivity. The platform also connects transactions, e-signatures, and compliance, assisting agents in maintaining critical documents and deadlines through step-by-step prompts.
For more information on real estate office tools to help agents with back-office and document management, read our article on the 6 Best Real Estate Document Management Software.
7. Zapier: Best for Efficiency Tools
Real estate transactions involve various tasks, from paperwork to client interactions. The right real estate agency software empowers agents to efficiently establish workflows, share documents, and enhance client communication for improved productivity. Among numerous real estate agent tools for efficiency, some stand out as particularly beneficial for real estate professionals.
- Free basic automation
- Starter: $19.99
- Professional: $49
- Team: $69
- Company: Contact sales
Our Expert Opinion on Zapier
As real estate agents expand their businesses, automation becomes essential. While many real estate software solutions include built-in automation, agents must connect various real estate tools. Zapier is a valuable tool that streamlines workflows between web applications such as email platforms and CRMs, providing the flexibility to build custom integrations.
It not only enhances automation but also offers increased data security, and agents can even hire the expertise of the Zapier team for tailored solutions. Zapier could improve its integrations with Adobe Stock and Google Workspace to conveniently upload and index photos to be shared across teams.
Efficiency Tools Alternatives
- DocuSign: Helps manage agreements and signatures electronically with an Agreement Cloud that digitizes all contracts and e-signatures while providing signers with a simple user experience.
- Avochato: Uses an activity dashboard for comprehensive visibility at a glance and communicates via text with international numbers. Seamlessly integrates with over 2,000 applications for enhanced functionality.
- Evernote: Integrates with online calendars and enables offline note-taking. Additionally, it serves as a document scanner for added convenience.
For additional electronic signature software real estate agents use for efficient document signing, check out our article, 6 Best Electronic Signature Software for Real Estate 2023.
8. Slack: Best for Communication & Collaboration Software
Collaboration software for real estate agents is a game-changer, boosting team productivity by making communication and information sharing seamless. With numerous agents working remotely or on the move, having the ability to track sales and activities on these platforms ensures clients and deals receive the support they need. It’s a real game-changer for modern real estate teams.
- Free basic account
- Pro: $7.25
- Business: $12.50
- Enterprise Grid: Contact sales
Our Expert Opinion on Slack
Slack is an excellent online messaging platform designed for internal business communication. It saves teams from drowning in long emails by connecting them to the essential information they need. You can organize people by departments or projects, and it offers convenient one-on-one text messaging within the platform.
Slack is versatile and caters to teams of any size, making it an ideal choice to keep real estate professionals connected, especially when they’re out in the field. Slack could benefit and improve by offering better video and audio capabilities.
Communication & Collaboration Alternatives
- Zoom: With video conferencing, users can communicate through video and audio. Agents can leverage video conferencing to convey messages and enhance client understanding effectively.
- Shaker: Automate client reminders and access performance reports through the client communication portal. Facilitate client communication, tasks, and timelines.
- Asana: Work together across teams for campaign collaboration and swiftly adapt to changing business priorities. Additionally, streamline approval processes through automation for increased efficiency.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Using client relationship management (CRM) systems varies among real estate agents. Some agents find CRMs indispensable for managing client relationships and property transactions, while others have alternative methods or choose not to use them. As a result, it’s hard to pinpoint an exact percentage of real estate agents using CRMs, as it varies based on individual preferences and business approaches in the industry. However, using a CRM can save time and enhance sales by helping you not lose track of leads and follow-up.
When first getting licensed, new agents may not have the budget for expensive real estate software and, therefore, need cost-effective lead generation strategies. Self-generating real estate leads involves networking, social media marketing, content creation, and attending industry events. Real estate professionals can attract leads organically by building a solid online presence, nurturing existing relationships, and consistently providing valuable information to potential clients. Engaging in targeted marketing campaigns, using lead-generation websites, and optimizing search engine visibility are effective methods for self-generating leads.
The simplest CRM for realtors depends on individual preferences and needs. Some popular options known for their user-friendly interfaces and ease of use include HubSpot CRM, Zoho CRM, Propertybase, and Freshsales. These platforms offer basic CRM functionality, efficient database solutions, and are designed to be straightforward for realtors who may be new to CRM software. However, the “simplest” CRM may vary based on specific requirements and familiarity with technology.
Top-notch real estate agent software enables agents to maintain organization, streamline workflows, and enhance efficiency in successful real estate endeavors. Whether you’re a solo agent, part of a small team, or a large brokerage, these tools can boost productivity. Many of these tools offer free trials or plans, allowing you to assess their suitability and adoption within your team without a substantial upfront financial commitment.