What We Recommend Zendesk Sell For
Zendesk Sell is a CRM software with robust features for lead management, email automation, and calls. Its reporting tools also help you find points for improvement in each of these areas in your sales process. This makes it a great option for sales or marketing teams looking to streamline their processes.
Who Zendesk Sell Is Good For
- Sales teams looking for robust lead management features: A CRM software’s main role is to organize contacts, leads, and tasks. Zendesk Sell has comprehensive lead generation and management capabilities that enable you to access lead databases, enrich contact information, and create lead lists for targeted messaging. It is one of our top picks for the best lead management software.
- Teams needing robust email integrations: Email is one of the most prominent channels for sales, especially for business-to-business (B2B) selling, which makes it an important integration for CRM systems. Zendesk Sell integrates with email marketing and campaign platforms, including Mailchimp and ActiveCampaign, and is therefore one of our top choices for the best email marketing CRM integrations.
- Sales teams looking for a tool to streamline field account management: Zendesk Sell’s mobile app provides tools for managing territories, detecting nearby prospects, and planning sales routes. It is one of our top picks for the best business account management software.
Who Zendesk Sell Is Not a Good Fit For
- Companies looking for a white label CRM: While label CRM are highly customizable CRM solutions you can rebrand to resell or bundle with other software. Zendesk Sell, however, does not have partner programs for white labeling. If you are looking for a white label CRM, visit our list for the best white label CRM systems.
- Businesses that need built-in accounting features: CRM software with built-in accounting features streamlines tasks like bookkeeping and invoicing. Zendesk Sell does not focus on these features. If you are looking for a solution with accounting features, check out our top picks for the best CRM for accountants and bookkeepers.
- Sales teams with a limited budget that prefer a free CRM: Getting a free CRM is a good first step for startups and small businesses with a limited budget. Zendesk Sell, however, does not provide a free plan. If you need a free CRM, visit our top choices for the best free CRM.
If you want to learn more about other highly recommended CRM solutions and how they can benefit your business, check out our Top 6 CRM Providers for Small Businesses list.
Zendesk Sell Overview
|Extensive reporting and analytics||Limits the number of custom sales pipelines|
|Built-in dialer||Caps the number of third-party integrations|
|Mobile app automatically tracks field sales||Lead generation tools are an additional cost|
Zendesk Sell Pricing
Zendesk Sell offers four subscription options that vary on their user limits and storage allocation, and has limits on the number of sales pipelines and inclusions. Monthly plans start at $25 per agent, per month, which already includes built-in click-to-dial and call recording functionalities.
Small businesses wanting basic email and dialer solutions
Businesses looking for advanced lead generation features
Growing sales teams handling a large volume of contacts
Large business wanting premium support
Up to 2GB per user
Up to 5GB per user
Up to 10GB per user
Up to 25GB per user
Number of Sales Pipelines
Up to 2
Automated Lead Distribution
Advanced Sales Insights
*Annual plans are paid in full at the start of the billing cycle.
The Team plan offers Zendesk Sell’s basic features, such as merging duplicate data, custom sales pipelines and fields, task setting, email tracking, SMS messaging to prospects, call tracking, and a robust mobile app.
The Professional plan includes the features in the Team plan, as well as automated lead distribution, bulk emailing, lead capture forms, sales forecasting, and advanced call analytics.
The Enterprise plan has all of the Team and Professional plans’ features, plus lead scoring, company hierarchy insights (mapping relationships between companies), product books, role-based permissions, and activity reports.
The Elite plan has all of the lower plans’ features, as well as advanced tools like sales rep performance dashboard, advanced sales insights reports, and success insights reports. It also provides premium customer support that gives you hands-on assistance.
Zendesk Reach is Zendesk Sell’s Lead Generation add-on. It gives you access to a lead database and features like automated contact enrichment, lead segmentation, and drip emails. Leads you generate from this add-on are seamlessly stored in your CRM system.
- Basic ($30 per user, per month): Up to 50 active email sequences per user, 1,000 contact enrichment instances per user per month, and 25 prospects per user, per month.
- Standard ($70 per user, per month): Up to 300 active email sequences per user, 3,500 contact enrichment instances per user, per month, and 150 prospects per user, per month.
- Advanced: ($90 per user, per month): Unlimited email sequences, up to 10,000 contact enrichment instances per user, per month, and 300 prospects per user, per month.
Zendesk Sell Features
Zendesk Sell’s features are designed to organize your lead lists and streamline various sales communication channels such as email and phone. It also offers extensive reports and analytics to help you assess and improve your sales performance.
Below is a detailed rundown of its key features:
Sales Email Intelligence
Zendesk Sell features sales tools that help you track your emails and streamline emailing using templates and automated personalized messages. Its real-time notifications alert you the moment a prospect reads or clicks a link in your email, enabling you to follow them up immediately.
- Email tracking
- Real-time push notifications
- Email automation
- Activity reporting
Zendesk Sell has a built-in dialer that enables you to perform outbound and inbound calls using the platform. It automatically logs and records calls, enabling you to focus on the next call rather than doing these menial tasks. You can also store notes and scripts to ensure that your team is on the same page when they are talking to your contacts.
- Call logging
- Text messaging
- Scripts and notes
Zendesk Sell’s lead generation solution, called Reach, enables you to generate and manage leads with access to a database of over 20 million businesses and 200 million professionals. It automatically verifies and enriches each prospect’s contact information. It also allows you to segment leads based on various criteria, such as company roles and size.
- Targeted prospect lists
- Targeted prospect lists
- Contact enrichment
- Intelligent lead recommendations
- Integrated communication tools
Zendesk Sell’s mobile app enables you to access your CRM system and tools on the go. It tracks your visits and automatically logs face-to-face meetings with your contacts. This feature allows managers to track field sales activities and enhance territory management. It also visualizes your sales territory, identifies nearby prospects, and helps plan your sales routes.
Reporting & Analytics
- Drag-and-drop sales dashboards
- Pipeline analysis
- Sales performance reports
- Activity reports
- Advanced sales insights
- Success insights
- Marketing effectiveness
- Call reports
Zendesk Sell offers a plethora of reports to help you visualize, assess, and improve your sales performance. Pipeline analysis helps you monitor current deals and identify bottlenecks. Sales reports visualize sales and losses and determine significant factors in winning or losing deals. Its call analytics also correlate different metrics like call duration, time of day, volume, and deal value to determine how each factor affects call outcomes.
Zendesk Sell integrates with various third-party software for different business processes, such as time tracking, marketing, ecommerce, content management, invoicing, and social media. It integrates with the following popular software:
You can contact Zendesk Sell’s customer support team through chat or phone. Subscribing to an Elite plan gives you access you to premium customer support, where the support team prioritizes you and is hands-on in addressing your concerns. It also provides a knowledge base where you can view articles showing how to use the platform’s features. Furthermore, it offers a community page where you can discuss how to use the software and troubleshoot problems with other users.
Ease of Use
Zendesk Sell has a user-friendly interface that enables you to manage leads, contacts, deals, calendars, tasks, and communications. It also has intuitive tools for creating pipelines and managing dashboards.
If you need further assistance, Zendesk Sell also offers additional resources, including its library of blogs, guides, and best practices. You can also join events and webinars that discuss how-tos and software updates.
Zendesk Sell Alternatives
Best for: Small businesses looking for multichannel communications solutions
Best for: Sales teams that require built-in calling features to contact leads
Best for: Businesses wanting a free, no-frills CRM with basic features for unlimited users
Starting price: Free or $24 per month
Starting price: Free or $29 per user, per month
Starting price: Free or $50 per month for sales or marketing add-ons
What Users Think of Zendesk Sell
Most Zendesk Sell users are happy with its intuitive interface and seamless integrations with third-party software. Some, however, complained about occasional email synchronization delays. At the time of this publication, Zendesk Sell has the following scores on popular user review sites:
- G2: 4.3 out of 5 based on 403 reviews
- Capterra: 4.3 out of 5 based on 128 reviews
- Software Advice: 4.29 out of 5 based on 127 reviews
- TrustRadius: 6.0 out of 10 based on 13 reviews
When reading through user reviews, here are some of the most prominent trends we observed:
Users Don’t Like
Onboarding process is difficult to follow
Seamless third-party software integrations
Delayed email synchronization
Customer support team can be hard to communicate with
Zendesk Sell has robust tools for email management and in-app dialing. Its lead generation tools also provide useful automations that help you with tasks like data entry and lead verification. However, one slight downside is that the lead generation solution comes at an added cost. As for user reviews, most find it intuitive and user-friendly. Sign up for a free trial to see if Zendesk Sell is a good fit for your business.