Social customer relationship management (CRM) platforms combine traditional CRM software with social media tools that help businesses better engage with prospects and customers on websites like Facebook and LinkedIn. We reviewed a variety of CRM software that offer robust social tools alongside core customer relationship management features like sales forecasting and pipeline management to find the top six and the best overall.
(Best overall) Teams looking for a solution that’s equal parts CRM and social management
Sales professionals needing a free CRM with social management features for Facebook
Companies that want a CRM to help manage real-time social media engagement
Businesses wanting a CRM with social tools that’s easy to set up and use
Teams needing a platform that enriches customer data for improved prospecting
Organizations seeking a social CRM that creates case files for easy follow-up
How We Evaluated Social CRM Platforms
Plenty of social media platforms offer a handful of basic CRM tools to supplement their social monitoring and management features. While useful, they don’t fit the bill for the type of CRM most marketers need—a multipurpose platform with an emphasis on CRM that also includes social integrations to help users easily prospect, communicate, and collect valuable lead intelligence on social media.
Therefore, the specific criteria we used to evaluate the best social CRM software platforms include:
- Native social media integrations
- Lead and opportunity management
- Ease of use
- Business app Integration
- Workflow automation
- Reporting and analytics
- Customer support
Sprout Social: Best Overall Social CRM for Small Businesses
What it is: Sprout Social is a CRM that unifies customer management tools with social engagement, listening, and publishing tools.
Why it’s great for social: Sprout Social integrates with the most popular social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Sprout Social Pros
Sprout Social Cons
Strong analytics and reporting
No free plan
Activity audit trails
More expensive than similar CRMs
Cross-team collaboration tools
Limited automated workflows
Sprout Social Pricing
- Standard: $99 per user, per month
- Professional: $149 per user, per month
- Free trial: 30 days
Sprout Social Features
- Post scheduling and publishing
- Asset library for creating and managing social media assets
- Shared content calendar
- Social media account listening tools
- Automated content suggestions
Learn more on our Sprout Social reviews page.
HubSpot: Best Free CRM With Social Media Tools for Facebook
What it is: HubSpot CRM is a free customer relationship management solution for sales professionals who use Facebook as their main social media platform.
Why it’s great for social: Free plan integrates with Facebook Ad accounts and Facebook Messenger, as well as LinkedIn Ads. Paid plans include integration with Twitter and Instagram.
HubSpot CRM Pros
HubSpot CRM Cons
Includes Facebook Analytics integration
Free plan limited to Facebook management tools
Forever free plan supports unlimited users
Plan upgrades can be costly
Accommodates multiple Facebook pages
Facebook pages require reauthorization every 90 days
HubSpot CRM Pricing
- Free: Supports unlimited users
- Sales Hub and Marketing Hub add-ons: $50 per month to $800 per month depending on the features selected
HubSpot CRM Features
- Capture contacts from Facebook Messenger
- Free social media library and resources
- Manage Facebook Ads without leaving HubSpot
- Tap into Facebook Analytics to track content performance
- Create Facebook and LinkedIn ads in HubSpot
Learn more on our HubSpot CRM reviews page.
Zoho CRM: Best CRM for Real-time Social Media Engagement
What it is: Zoho CRM is customer relationship management software with built-in tools for listening and publishing to social media accounts.
Why it’s great for social: All paid plans include social integration tools for Facebook and Twitter.
Zoho CRM Pros
Zoho CRM Cons
Limited storage for social media assets
Limited lead prioritization features
Offers free plan
Social tools not available on free plan
Zoho CRM Pricing
- Free: Supports up to three users
- Standard: $18 per user, per month
- Professional: $30 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $45 per user, per month
- Free trial of paid plans: 15 days
Zoho CRM Features
- View social media updates from leads and prospects in real time
- Customizable listening streams
- Add leads from social accounts manually or automatically
- Access customer information and deal history from social dashboard
- Publish to social media accounts from inside Zoho CRM
Learn more on our Zoho CRM reviews page.
Agile CRM: Best CRM With Social Tools for First-time Users
What it is: Agile CRM is a contact management system with built-in social monitoring that is easy to use regardless of technical experience.
Why it’s great for social: Includes integration with Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Agile CRM Pros
Agile CRM Cons
Easy to set up and use
Caps on number of contacts each plan supports
Offers free plan
No social monitoring tools available with free plan
Marketing automation tools
Lacks live chat
Agile CRM Pricing
- Free: Supports up to 10 users
- Starter: $8.99 per user, per month
- Regular: $29.99 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $47.99 per user, per month
Agile CRM Features
- Real-time brand mention monitoring
- Add forms to Facebook page
- Once-click social integration plugins
- Send messages to social accounts from Agile CRM platform
- Monitor social streams for keywords
Learn more on our Agile CRM reviews page.
Nimble: Best CRM for Social Prospecting
What it is: Nimble automatically updates company and contact social profiles within the CRM, and its Signals feature lets you see social media engagement activities from all your prospects at a glance.
Why it’s great for social: Integrates with Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
Add social listening widgets to agent dashboards
Lacks strong users permissions settings
Work inside social platforms
Requires browser extension
Schedule social posts in Nimble
Limited marketing automation tools
- Business: $19 per user, per month
- Free trial: 14 days
- Automatically build real-time prospect profiles while browsing the web
- Automatic contact enrichment
- Smart segmentation of contacts and lists
- Social profile search tools
- Add social media interactions to customer contact record
Learn more on our Nimble reviews page.
BlueCamroo: Best Social CRM With Engagement Follow-up Tools
What it is: BlueCamroo is a CRM with a social media integration that allows agents to create case files from social engagement for later follow-up.
Why it’s great for social: Integrates with Facebook and Twitter.
Offers free plan
Not all plans include social tools
Lacks social media scheduling
Customizable social searches
Doesn’t support Instagram and LinkedIn
- Free: Supports up to four users
- Sales & Marketing: $17 per user, per month
- Projects: $21 per user, per month
- Support: $8 per user, per month
- Complete: $41 per user, per month
- Create detailed searches for prospecting
- Find and add leads from Twitter in a single click
- Tools to listen for brand mentions
- Search social media by keyword
- Allows multiple agents to manage and post to the same social accounts